Jasmine's Blues - Rockford, IL

I had my breast reduction Oct. 31,2011, after...

I had my breast reduction Oct. 31,2011, after years of struggling with back (upper and lower) indentation of my shoulders and neck pain.

It was something I'd prayed about and was excited to have done, I've had large breast since the 5th grade. I really wish I had looked into it more prior to having the surgery.

I'm not happy at all. I was a 38DDD and have no idea what size I am now. My surgeon did not put drains in and I ended up with a terribly swollen right breast and an infection. I had to be admitted, started on iv antibiotics and have an skate drain inserted. This is a bag about the size of a hot water bottle that I had to wear clipped to my clothes for two weeks. After finally having that drain removed my right breast started to ooze from one of the incisions, the surgeon said I had yet another infection. A few days later it started to ooze from another site right next to the first ooze site. So a month out and I was still draining and in excruciating pain. The draining just stopped the sunday that just passed, Dec.11, 2011.

I'm still healing and in a lot of pain, reading everyone else's story makes me hopeful that things will get better, I just wanted to be pain free... It seems like I traded one pain for another. Please pray for my recovery and thank you all for sharing your stories....

I don't want to discourage any, just sharing my story.

Jasmine,
I'm sorry that you have had such a hard time. I personally know a couple of girls who had some of the same troubles you are and when they talk to me about it now they say that they are still happy that they had the surgery. That was one of the reasons that I was brave enough to go through with the surgery...because even after infections and scar issues, they still said it was worth it.
I'm hopeful that as you continue to heal and you start to feel better about your decision.
Merry Christmas and I will pray for you!
Hi Jasmine, how are you doing? I hope your infections have healed up and you are finally on your way to recovery!
Dr. Landon Pryor

I gave my doctor no rating as I'm still undecided as to how I feel about the outcome.