Going For It! -Little Rock

I had a tummy tuck on Feb. 20th. My doctor told me...

I had a tummy tuck on Feb. 20th. My doctor told me I was a great candidate after having had three C-sections. I was not nervous at all leading up to the surgery day. This may have been attributed to the fact that I got a breat reduction last spring and recovered easily and quickly. I left the tummy tuck surgery with 4 drains. I still have one and look forward to getting it out.
Pros-i will have a flat stomach
Cons-at the age of 50, the tummy tuck takes more recovery time

Hey fellow tummy tuckers! This is Lori Mac giving...

Hey fellow tummy tuckers! This is Lori Mac giving an update on my progress! Mt TT was Feb 20 so it has two weeks and three days. I had four drains and i got the last drain out Thursday. I also got all stiches out. Yippee! I feel free and mobile! The incisions are healing and I moved from sleeping in the recliner to my comfy bed! I made a friend on RealSelf who had surgery the same day I did, is my age, and had also had 3 C-sections. She advised me to buy some Palmers Cocoa Gel to ease the tightness on my stomach. I will return to the doctor again in a week just for a check up. Love my friends at RealSelf!!!!

Still have one drain after the re-do surgery on...

Still have one drain after the re-do surgery on April 2. I must say I would like to know how the TT's WITHOUT drains work! The drains are the worst part of this procedure! Today is April 12th and I am ready to move on from TT land! Been dealing with surgeries and drains since Feb. 20th!
Dr. Gary Talbert

References

That is so good, all you motivate me, even if my husband is afraid of any surgery. I will like to see your picture. God Bless You

Thank you for posting girlie!

Delighted to read your review, i'm also on the wrong side of 5!!!!, back running after colostomy reversal last november. Can't wait to have the tt to put all of the disasters of the last 2 years behind me. I wish you well in your recovery.
Hi Lori, I am actually at work today. I get my drains out tomorrow. My left one hurts more than the right one, however, I have very little output on the left side. In the beganing the right side had little out put, but the total output on the right is less than 2.5ccs
I cant believe you are back at work! My doctor told me to stay off for 3 weeks. You must be doing much better than I am! That's great! I still dont stand up 100% straight. I have back problems that may make my recovery a bit slower. I am a central office school administrator who supervises 48 schools. I get in and out of the car a lot, going from school to school. I am the Director of Gifted and Talented Programs. What does the Palmer's cocoa gel do for your stomach?
The Palmers Gel keeps your stomach and back moist because its the tightening and pulling from the tt that hurts as well I would apply the gel through out the day. Its a great relief.
Brenda, Thanks! I am going to get some gel. My stomach is so tight! Are you making it ok at work? Take care and dont do too much!!! Loti
Hi Lori Mac, like you I'm 49 will be 50 this year and I too has have three c-sections. Recovery is so what slower, I found. Walking around in the house eating pineapples (bromalain) and applying palmers coco gel to my stomach and back area very helpful. But just good old fashion bed rest help me recovery. Good healing and welcome to the flat. I almost forgot we had our surgies on the same day.
Brenda, Thanks for sharing. My last drain that is still in is my worst problem today! I am going to call the nurse today and try to get it out. Tje area is red, swollen, itches and hurts every time iove. My stomach feels as hard as a rock and super tight! Does yours? When are you going back to work? Lori