Male Septorhinoplasty

Hello everyone, I would like to share my...

Hello everyone, I would like to share my experience with you lovely people. I had a septoplasty + rhinoplasty + turbinates reduction on the 11th of January. I had a deviated septum along with nasal deformity with a shortness of breath specially in night time. I also wanted to have a better fit-to-face nose so I had all of them together. Payment was all on me, no insurance at all. I will try to update, weekly or monthly . I hope you find this review useful and I would love to read comments from you guys.

I would to provide some before and after pictures

I forgot to upload picture with cast on

My operation report

this is what was done to me during the operation

There were my nostrils which I was very worried about how uneven they are, but now they are almost 90% symmetrical

Actually my nostrils were pretty symmetrical before my surgery, the tip and bridge were not at all

Today is my check up with my doctor, friday 6 P.M

I will be asking my doctor some question, and he will check up my progress. He ordered me to apply pressure on each side of bridge 4-5 times - 120 seconds a time a day to the limit of pain because he has done osteotomy to narrow bridge and he said that the pressure will help keep bones in place

Picture update (15 days post op)

Fat wide swollen nose, I hate the front view lol
Ahmad Alarfaj

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

I don't think your front is wide at all. It fits your face perfectly.
Looks so natural for your features hope mine does too!
Good thing is not to expect so much from any operation. Your doctor is just a trained human, and won't give you supernatural results. Unless he can be a Plastic-superhero
Amazing results!!!! Very natural!
Best results are the results of a nose of yours but without the distortions you don't like. Now when I look at my nose from certain angles I see the exact same nose I used to have although there were a lot of changes happened to it in the operation.
I really like the idea of operation reports. Really cool to read the step by step process. More doctors should do this!
They are really really important for the doctor himself cause it is impossible that any doctor can remember what was done and for the patient in the future. It is just comforting to know what was done, even if you don't understand 100%
I have a detailed report of my primary nose op and now that I am looking into revision I take it with me to consultations. True I can't comprehend everything but it's extremely important for the surgeon to know for revision.
You have to get it whenever you go to a ENT clinic. Sometimes nurses and doctor should be more careful to us. Cause our noses are more fragile than untouched noses
Stunning results! Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I'm sure you're going to help others on their own rhinoplasty journeys by writing yours up. What would you say was the most difficult part of recovery for you?
Thank you very much for you support Angie. I really hope I can help others through this site. Actually the most difficult part of recovery in the most are the headaches, very heavy congestion and cleaning of nose. And yeah, sleeping I really can't describe how awful and difficult it was to squeeze even an hour of sleep
Love the results, still looks natural and masculine. Thanks for sharing!
Thank you Snowpea, although it is still too early to judge anything. But thing look good for now. I actually picked a very well known doctor, he is not so cheap in doing surgeries too.. but you know.. this kind of results will stay with you almost all of your life (till aging has it effects) or your dog bites your nose off or something like that lol
$5.3K is pretty good - at least in terms of NA pricing.
I actually find it expensive in SA. But I would pay anything to be in better health and looks
Hey man. Looks good so far. I virtually have the same nose as you. I have a deviated septum so i need to correct breathing but am interested in a cosmetic procedure as well. I am of east indian descent so I feel i have that same hook nose but and am going for subtle changes. Keep posting pics! Thanks for sharing.
Hey skywalker, thanks for commenting. I have to mention that I had many injuries on my nose while I was in my college Taekwondo and then later Judo team and also, my nose got worse -in shape- after my septoplasty cause of an inexperienced doctor who didn't treat cartilage too well.
Your results are excellent and natural. You are handsome. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you for you reply I will keep you updated
Congratulation on your new nose. Looks great. Hope your feeling well. Frozen peas help great to reduce swelling.
Thanks a lot i use ice packs every day, and i haven't experienced real swelling, not yet at least
Cool. You would be surprised at how much swelling might be there and you just don't realize it because your nose looks great, good news is that it gets better. My nose and area under my eyes were swolllen on and off for like a month. Over a couple of months my nose too shape it was a cool experience. Keep us posted. Best wishes :)
Great outcome!
It is still too early to judge but I will try to be positive. Thank you Azteca