Good Doctor - Richmond, VA

Travis Shaw is young but have expertise and knows...

Travis Shaw is young but have expertise and knows what he is doing. I had 3 vial of Juvaderm xc 3 weeks ago, the swelling under eyes lasted for 2 weeks, because I have sensitive skin, wish i could have known this before.
I am 30 years old and did not had sunken cheek issue ! however I wanted a volume on face especially cheeks.It is my first time for Juvaderm and Dr Shaw did a fair job. He did accommodate me on same day appointment. He was flexible and very courteous.
I paid $1600 including lip work, and the look was very settle as doctor told me. The only reason i am giving 4 stars is that after getting it done I realized i should have had a little extra volume as It did not give any potential change. I definitely look good but I have to stare real close on my picture to notice change ... I realized that I could have had little more volume in mid cheek area keeping in mind proportion of my facial features. Additionally eye area took 2 weeks to normalize.
Overall He was very responsive and even invited me for one more session for little more volume, I did not want to spend more so soon I have to pass :(

Well its a bit of a bummer to hear you aren't absolutely thrilled, but it sounds like things still turned out really nice.

Since you mentioned it took the eye area a while to normalize, I'm guessing you had the tear troughs treated. Is that right?

Yes Megan.. I had tear throughs done, and I still have a veryyy minor lump under eye, seems like it is going to take a while to blend with the area. But Overall it was my first experience and it was not bad at all. Things might not be thrilling but yes they are turning out good. It's just every one wants total value for money, physiologically every mind is wired that way, thats why i rated very good, but I look forward to explore more information and options in future. This is great site!

I'm so glad to hear you are enjoying RealSelf - the credit goes to awesome people like yourself willing to share their experiences. Its all of us that are willing to share honestly that make this so helpful - so you are a part of it now! :)

Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

My Rating is 4 Star. This is my first doctor and So far I feel he was very good, however there is still scope of improvement and I can get a more attractive fullness to my face, that will compliment my facial features (without roundness). I would like to get that look in next time.