Learning to Love my New Body--Full TT/MR and Breast Lift - Richmond, VA

After having gastric band surgery, I had lots of...

After having gastric band surgery, I had lots of extra skin and uneven breasts. And while happy with the weight loss, I simply wanted to look normal in clothes again. If you have had weight loss surgery, you know exactly what I mean. I was even more self-conscious of my appearance post WLS surgery than I was before.

I had consulted with two other surgeons and was not hearing the right answers (they just did not seem to be well-versed in post WLS reconstructive surgery)...I thought I was destined to keep this extra skin... I literally have 5 ft. of scars (fleur de lis tummy tuck with muscle repair and lolipop breast lift with slight reduction in one breast)--which are even and healing nicely-- I was really scared when I saw some TT scar pictures on this site... mine look nothing like that--they are even and have healed really well. I would not have the waist I have if Dr. Chen had not convinced me to go the FDL route...and it is tiny!! That said, we had a discussion--which I really liked. Dr. Chen respects that you are the owner of your body and surgery of this type takes discussion. He also was always willing to answer my many questions.

I will post before and after pictures when I get to the 6th month mark or so.

Also, I am happy to answer any questions about my experience with Dr. Chen or the surgery itself.

Hi all!! I had extended fleur de lis surgery.... Brittney, ask Dr.Chen's office, I am sure they have them....I plan to have pictures to post after my next follow up on 2-20... six months to the day of my surgery. Mine was super extensive as a weight loss patient. That said, I love his work. He has a great bedside manner and is a true artist!
hey im also considering having tummy tuck with lipo by dr. chen and would love to hear about your experience. I am nervous/scared as well as i havent seen any of his before and afters anywhere on here... Thanks
Congrats on your surgery and results! Did you have an extended TT or standard incision? Can't wait to see your pics! Hope you're healing well.
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

My WLS surgeon's nurse and a friend from MCV both independently suggested Dr. Chen. First, let me say, he is an artist. He wants you to have the best possible results. He expects nothing less than perfection from himself as your surgeon. And that is what I have received to date (I am 3 months post op at this writing). Dr. Chen REALLY LISTENED to what I wanted to achieve-- which was to look great IN clothes. I have a waist again, the same size breasts, and am gaining confidence back. He has significant experience with WLS surgery patients and our unique needs. An additional note: my surgery was scheduled prior to Dr. Chen switching practices earlier this year. When this happened, he called me personally to reassure me that my surgery would proceed as scheduled. I like that type of personal investment from my surgeon. I wasn't a number, but rather a person with unique issues requesting specific outcomes from my surgery.