Late 20's, Female - Much Needed Revision Rhinoplasty for Aesthetic & Breathing Purposes - Richmond, BC

The most FANTASTIC doctor there is! I found Dr....

The most FANTASTIC doctor there is! I found Dr. Bartlett on RateMDs.com, and I was astounded to find such a high rating for any doctor for that matter! I meticulously read and reviewed every single entry, and it soon became abundantly clear just how authentically grateful every single patient of Dr. B is. Trusting him with my revision rhinoplasty is arguably the best aesthetic decision I've ever made. His bed-side manner is incredible; he is very attentive, kind, intelligent, skilled, and the entire experience was beautifully smooth and painless. Minutes upon waking up after surgery I caught a quick glance and my nose and thought "My god, either I'm still heavily medicated, or it's a miracle! I hope it stays just like this as it heals!"
We are all told that cosmetic procedures are not an "exact science", and after my experience I agree. What Dr. Bartlett did for me was a work of art. I am eternally grateful to him. He gave me back my natural visage, and I no longer have the lingering hurt in my heart that it is "obvious" I've had a nose job.
Thank you Dr. Bartlett!
I'm happy for you! Thanks so much for sharing on RealSelf. How was your recovery this time around?
Very nice!!! Though I must say ratemds and vitals. com should not be the sole research done on a doctor (I have had experiences of simple, non-defamatory reviews being deleted as well as others) I am SO happy it worked out for you for the better! Do you have a bit more info on the techniques he used? (types and sources of grafting, etc)? Thank you :)
Hi there. I must say your username makes me worried, I sure hope you can breathe ok! :( Yes I agree that extensive research is key! I trusted my previous rhinoplasty to recommendations from friends/acquaintances, and did a lot of research online, and unfortunately there is no fool-proof way of knowing for sure if things will work out with a particular doctor. Best gauge is to meet with the doctor and trust your gut instincts :) As for the specificity of what the doctor did, I recall him mentioning possibly using cartilage from my ears, which in the end he did not need to; I did research on the Batten Graft technique and that is what I discussed with the doctor. Depending on what you need I'm sure the method of stitching/carving/extracting of cartilage will be different, and I HIGHLY recommend a personal consult with Dr. Bartlett if you're able to do so. He is incredibly helpful, and I saw him several times and discussed my concerns before undergoing revision surgery, so if you are local it is absolutely worth it. But do look into the Batten graft technique, google images can be really helpful in visually communicating what is possible. I wish you ALL the best, and if you have any more questions for me I'd love to help out as much as I can!
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

What struck me upon my first consultation with Dr. Bartlett was how quickly he spotted my concern; but what was striking was that, despite having spent virtually YEARS staring at my nose in the mirror, taking pictures from different angles, and trying to convince myself that the flaws I saw were not "that noticeable", the doctor, in a matter of seconds, articulated the ACTUAL issues my nose had, and I could not believe I had not picked up on them during my countless hrs of OCD inspections. The doctor explained to me how he could extract cartilage from inside my nose to reconstruct the tip, and counter the "pinched" look of my deflated nostrils. This cartilage grafting would undo the concavity of my nostrils, allowing me to breath through my nose without conscious exertion, and it would also yield a much more natural nose. And I must say, although I fully heard and took to heart the doctor's projections of the outcome (no before and after office photosphopping needed to inspire trust), actually having seen the final outcome I was blown away. The doctor mentioned how I had practically next to no cartilage left from my previous rhinoplasty, and I could not believe how naturally he carved and reconstructed my new nose! My nose is now far more symmetric, the nostrils have gone from narrow slits to very natural looking oval openings (when viewed from underneath), the scars are very minimal and healing quite well, and my nose is fuller, more natural, structurally supportive, and I'm very very happy with the outcome. I wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Bartlett. In fact, do not entertain risking your health or beauty to a less qualified doctor, no matter how much money you think you'd save! Thank you Dr. Bartlett. Sincerely thank you!