So HAPPY! - Richardson, TX

I have been wanting to get the bridge of my nose...

I have been wanting to get the bridge of my nose fixed for years. I also think the overall size of my nose is too large for my face. I hate my profile. I finally have saved enough for a down payment for the rhinoplasty so I made the appointment for a consult. I went to the consult yesterday and I am just that much more excited about actually going through with this. Dr. Roberts was very personable and he made me feel confident about getting the results I want. The only thing lingering on my mind now is a chin implant. He brought it up and said I would probably be good without one but since taking some "before" pictures, I wonder if I really do need one?

Finally figured out how to add pictures.

Finally figured out how to add pictures.

Just got approved for my loan!! Its happening!! I...

Just got approved for my loan!! Its happening!! I do have a question... what is the significance of pineapple juice? I've read about people drinking it after surgery. What does it do?

Per-Op Yesterday

Well yesterday was my pre-op. I signed my life away... literally. Lol I signed all the disclaimers and then they took me back to take my vitals. After that they took my "before" pictures. Kinda scared to see those :/ yuck lol The doctor came in and told me a little bit about what they were going to change about my nose. The only thing I wanted changed going into this was to get the hump taken out and to get a smaller nose, so when he was telling me what all he was going to do I just thought whatever your the professional. Now that it's getting closer I am thinking about if it doesn't turn out the way I want it :/ I'm excited and nervous all in one. It is paid in full and scheduled for the 11th of June. ONE WEEK AND TWO DAYS! All I gotta do is go get my scripts filled and show up!

9 Hours!

Well in 9 hours I will have a new nose! I'm so excited to just see what it's going to look like! I'm only a bit nervous but not much. I started taking the antibiotic today and the anastesiologist called and asked me questions about body type and medical history. I'm not allowed to eat after 8 and nothing to drink after midnight. I'm already hungry.... Well I'm just laying in bed trying to go to sleep but my mind is just a going. I keep remembering things I need to pack or get that I haven't already.

Day of Surgery

I got there. They sent me back for prep. Everyone that worked on me was extremely nice and encouraging! When I woke up, of course I was woody but no pain. I got up to get dressed and my thigh was sore lol they told my that my anastesiologist gave me a demeral shot there. My throat was extremely uncomfortable from the breathing tube but that went away after a couple hours. Now only pain I have is the stitches and its a 3 or 4 on the pain scale. Anytime I sit up to eat or go potty I have to change my drip pad from the blood running out. I'm just ready for this to be over and to have my cute new nose!!! I'm so impatient! Post op appointment in the morning at 8am.

Day 1 Recovery

Well this morning I woke up with little pain. It is more of a pressure than anything. I went to my post op appointment and the doctor opened my nasal and stuck a suction rod up in thereto loosen dried blood and let me tell you... that was not pleasant! I got nauseous onice today but that was about it. I'm so ready to get back to normal and its only day one geeze. Thankfully I'm back home and not in a hotel tonight.

Day 3 Recovery

Well not much has changed. I still can't hardly breath and it feels like an elephant is sitting on my face. The pain isn't unbearable its just mentally draining to not be able to do basic things. My black eyes have started to develops but they are still yellow. I guess the pineapple juice really helped!!

Getting stitches out tomorrow!

Ok so I feel like a normal person again... besides having a stiff nose cause of the stitches and cast :/ I am getting the stitches removed tomorrow and I am scared!! I'm scared it's going to hurt and I'm scared I'm not going to look good :( I have been stressing out all week about not liking it but I guess what's done is done. Can y'all pls share you cast removal experiences?! I could use some encouragement!

Cast is OFF!

Ok just got the cast off and OMG that hurt!!! They pried the cast off and snipped the stitched and pulled out the scabs from inside my nose!! I was seconds away from tears but its over and I love my new nose!! Its a little swollen so it looks a little turned up but I don't mind it!

Frustrated.

Well I LOVE my new nose... but I hate trying to get the stuff out of it! They told me to loosen dried up blood but every time I clean it out there isn't anything on the Q-tips but I can feel something that resembles a scab in the tip. Idk if that is what they were talking about removing. I tried lessening it up but its gone no where and I hurts do bad!! Anyone got answers for me????

3 Wk Post Op

Just updating pictures. Nose is pretty much normal but still some scabs inside. Little bit of tenderness on the bridge but I can scrunch my face again now! The tip is still numb and no movement there.

Just so happy!

I just have so much confidence now! Love taking pictures from the side lol

Dr. Roberts Website

I love that I am now on my doctors website! I hope it encourages others to go through with it and have a better life!

SCARED!

I can feel three bumps on my nose! Anyone else have this happen?? I don't think you can see them but it freaks me out so bad!
Plano Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Roberts and his staff are very personable and informative. Every time I came in they made me feel very welcome and they knew me by name. I love the nose that Dr. Roberts gave me and he really changed my life! It feels wonderful to finally have self esteem :)

Sorry you are scared about bumps. They are external, yes? Are they on the bony pyramid? They may just be from where osteotomies were done (was your procedure open?). In that situation, the general feeling of surgeons from what I have seen is that as long as you cannot see it, or it is not bumpy due to an open roof deformity (no expert here, but you do not look to have one) than it is entirely fine to feel bony irregularities. I also wanted to ask- was a radix graft used? You look GREAT
Love your results , you look great
You have the perfect nose girl!!! Isn't it wonderful to love your nose? Very happy for you!
You look amazing. I get my cast off tomorrow and I am super nervous. Have uneven swelling in the nostrils, but I know I have to be patient. Congrats on your beautiful results.
I know its hard at first but it's really worth it! The only time I wasn't so sure about it was when my cast was on. Then when it came off I about cried I was so happy, even though it was turned up from swelling. I love it!! Good luck with your recovery!!!
Congratulations! Looks great. Are you happy overall? Updates?
I'm in love with my new nose!!! Everything is normal and I feel so confident!
Hmm I still can't get a grip on the before look of your tip but the profile looks beautiful it definitely changed
well aren't you a pretty little thing! your new nose is beautiful, it suits your face so perfectly and looks incredibly natural. I hope you find a solution to help you feel better and get the junk out, I'm sure you will :)
saturate a q tip in hydrogen peroxide then hold it on the dried blood/scabs/incisions for like 30 seconds. i had the same problem, time is what helps!
ah im so nervous about surgery. I hope I'm as brave as you! I'm having a hump removed too.
Its not a bad experience at all! Just the week follow up was painful but that's different for everyone. Lots of pressure nothing bad!!! I hope everything goes well for ya :) its worth it!!
how was the anesthesia part though? i took 10 days off work i hope thats enough
I took two weeks and I was ready to go back in one and a half but the incision was still red and it bothered me to be in public. Everyone heals differently though.
You're a lucky lady! Your doc did a great job. Have you tried a saline spray. I use them on my daughter when she has a stuffy/dry nose.
Thank you he is amazing! And yes I use the spray :/
So cute!!!

You look awesome!

Gorgeous!
Thank you!
My cast is still on but I got the stitches removed last thursday and it hurt:( i thought I was not going to feel anything but it was painful, probably the feeling is different in every person (i don't want to scare you) hehe, the good thing is that it lasts 10 minutes or less, good luck :) and keep us updated!
Ohhhh goodness! Lol everyone keeps telling me something different! I still have some hydracodone left since I started using Tylenol instead so I'm thinking i may take one of those before I go just in case!