After waiting 30+ years to change - Rhinoplasty - West Orange, NJ

After waiting 30+ years to change the appearance...

After waiting 30+ years to change the appearance of my facial profile, I finally had the courage to undergo a rhinoplasty. I never had any type of surgical procedure perfomed before (not even a minor one) and I had never been placed under general anesthesia. Need-less-to-say I had a lot of concerns.

I performed many internet searches to find a well qualified surgeon; having dual board certification in both plastic surgery and otolaryngology was a big factor in my choice.

The doctor that I chose was 2 hours away, and I would have driven two hours more if I knew that I was going to be in good hands. Thankfully, I was and I am very happy with the results of the procedure!

At the first visit I told him how I felt about my profile and he took some pictures, which he up-loaded onto his computer. I was then able to compare my present nose, with a computer generated image of what it could look like based upon what I wanted. It was really amazing to see that picture and what I could finally look like! He then proceeded to discuss the surgical process and potential risks involved.

At the follow-up visit prior to the surgery he discussed what types of medications and foods I should avoid and wrote prescriptions (antibiotics, anti-nausea meds, and pain meds) that I may need. The antibiotics were a neccessity but it turned out I didn't need to take any pain meds except acetaminophen (Tylenol) or the anti-nausea medication.

The day of the surgery (which was about a month and a half after the second office visit) was an anxiety filled day for me. Luckily, Dr. J and the staff were there to reassure me that I would be in the best of hands and everything would be alright.

Everything went great, and I was sent home to recover for a week. Riding home from New Jersey that day, I couldn't believe that I actually went through with the surgery. It was a very good feeling but I felt tired and congested and couldn't wait for the week to pass so I could take the bandages off.

The following Monday I was back at Dr. J's office where he proceded to remove the stitches and the bandages. When he showed me my profile, I couldn't of been more happy...I knew I had made the right choice in him as my surgeon.

All in all I am very happy with my results and highly reccommend Dr. J!

So glad you're happy with your results. Thanks for sharing!

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Besides having dual board certification in both plastic surgery and otolaryngology, Dr. J is a very confident and empathetic physician. My decision in choosing him started on the very first office visit by telling me that there was really nothing wrong with my nose, and I may have driven all the way out to see him for nothing; Then, on the day of surgery, when I was undergoing anesthesia, he actually held my hand because he saw how nervous I was; Then this whole process ended by seeing those bandages come off after a week and loving the results.