LOVE the Results and the Experience Wasn't So Bad!

I had a revision rhinoplasty on 12/27/07.I was...

I had a revision rhinoplasty on 12/27/07.I was anxious about doing it but didn't think twice once I met my surgeon-beyond excellent.He spent an hour on the first consultation and called on his own time,on my schedule,to answer my (many) questions and calm my fears.I originally broke my nose very young and it took on an 'S' shape.I had rhinoplasty in 1997 but the doctor wasn't the best choise to working with my nose in the condition it was in.I ended up with it turning to the left,with a huge bone spur on the side.My right septum was completely deviated,where I was basically breathing out of something the size of a pin hole. My surgery ended up taking 8 hours because once he made the incision (I had whats considered an open reduction nasal fracture.a small incision is made inbetween the nostrils and the skin is lifted so the surgeon can see what he is working with) he found my septum and nasal bones to be worse than he thought possible.He had to rebuild my entire nose,stitching cartlidge together so that it wouldn't collapse.After that amount of time and work,I prepared myself to be bruised and swollen all over...not so.I didn't get anything but slight yellow bruising under my eyes and swelling around my eyes and nose.Nothing black and blue or purple.He wasn't suprised to hear this,somehow he knows exactly what he's doing to prevent post op problems. I came out of the recovery room and was sitting up in bed,talking with my family and watching the news.I was on pain meds but otherwise felt great.I left that night and took the pain meds to help with sleep because I had to sleep sitting up.THAT was the worst part!There was no way to get comfortable and all I wanted to do was lay on my side.I slept that way for 2 weeks because it helps with swelling and,early on,the draining of blood down the back of your throat.I never got sick from the anesthesia or afterwards.I saw my doctor 4 days later (I had my surgery on a Thursday and that Monday was New years day).he gave me a cortisone injection and "debreathed" me,which helped alot.It was hard to not be able to blow my nose because there is just so much there!He removed alot of gunk but my splint,stitches and internal splints (big pieces of plastic up against each septum-not as bad as they sound) stayed in for another week.I was used to not being able to breathe out of my nose so that wasn't an issue.there was litle pain,more just uncomfortable at times. I'm 8 weeks out now and happy with the results.I can breathe great and the swelling is still going down.It truly does take a full year to see final results.I get cortisone injections once a month to help with the swelling and they have.Overal,between the doctor and the experience,I would absolutely do it again!

Dr. Steven Goldstein

I haven't checked this site in a few years now and haven't gotten any alerts via email-sorry! My surgeon was {edited} at Pennsylvania Hospital (not U of Penn). I had my surgery nearly 3 years ago and STILL love the results!

Edited by Sharon: We've added your doctor's details to the review. Thanks a lot!
Can anybody share the doctor's name with me?
I am so disappointed that few people post the name of the Doc. The reviews are border line worthless without a name.
Has anybody gotten the doctor's name? I would love a referral, too!
hi! did you get the doctor's name and website? pls, would you share with me?
What is the name of your doctor? I live in the area and am looking for a surgeon.
Hello, I live in Philly, and have been toying with the idea of rhinoplasty for about 2years now. Are you still happy with your results? Could you please provide the name/contact info for your doctor? I'd also love to hear any tips you have on what kind of questions to ask, etc! Thank you!

May I have the name of the doctor - need revision rhynoplasty.

Can anyone send me the doctors information? PLease :)
Could you send me the information on your surgeon please? It would be greatly appreciated.
Hello could you send me the information on your doctor?
Who is the doctor??
I heard Dr. Bucky is good in center city Philadelphia.
Please someone send me this doctor's info. Thank You
hi. I have been having a hard time finding a good doctor. What's the name of the doctor you went to? Thanks
Has anyone found out the name and contact information for this doctor?? please share with me
I live in the Philadelphia area as well could you please contact me with the doctors name? Thanks
Hi I live very close to philly please contact me with the doctors name please I would like to get this done as soon as possible.
Hello, I live in the Philadelphia area and am considering rhinoplasty. I was wondering if you would be able to provide me with the name of this doctor. Thank you!
Can you tell me the name of your surgeon, please? He sounds great! Thanks!
could someone email me the name of this dr?
I've never got the the name of the doctor. Sorry!
Can you please advise the name of teh doctor - also looking for the best in teh Phialdephia area. Many thanks -
Did anyone ever get teh name of the doctor - I would like to know as well?
Would you please give me the name of the doctor also? I live in the area and am looking for a reputable surgeon... Thanks!