Rhinoplasty Poor Dr. Choice - New York

I just wanted my nose straightened and slightly...

I just wanted my nose straightened and slightly slimmed. Doctor went radically in different direction excessively shortening my nose, turning it up giving it a pig like appearance. It's devastating and embarrassing and the dr says it looks nice and doesn't admit to screwing up. It's a crapshoot regardless of how good their b4/after pictures look. I should've sought out a rhinoplasty specialist who does at least 3 per week for at least 25 years. It's what I would recommend to anyone out there.

I've since had a revision with a facial...

I've since had a revision with a facial surgeon specializing in shock trauma victims. He was able to restore my nose and improve the damage done by Michelle Copeland. He listened carefully, was very compassionate and I only wish I used him the first time. He's a true doctor who cares about his patients.

I'm 2 years and 4 months post op from my revision...

I'm 2 years and 4 months post op from my revision surgery. It's not ideal and i'm not super thrilled and will probably have the same dr refine the tip. He did a great job considering where he had to start from but my nose is quite wide and the tip is quite large. It's really straight and he gave me back the length so, for that I'm happy. the wideness and bulky tip is a matter of slimming down and not adding any more so I'm not too concerned. I've had other life matters that took precedence so now hopefully by late summer I'll have it tweaked. It sure is worlds better than the Copeland catastrophe.

4 years post revision

As anyone who has followed the posts and comments below know, I've had a revision by Dr. Le in Nov 2009 and a minor tweak in Jan 2012. While my vision of perfection can never be achieved especially after such mutilation by named surgeon (ha!) Michelle Copeland, I'm pleased with Dr. Le's diligent efforts in constructing a new nose, replacing the mincemeat Copeland made out of my entire lower cartilage with rib cartilage.

Nothing at this point can be done with the nostril/alar reduction she took the liberty of giving me without my consent but, this wasn't a revision to "make me look pretty again". More like "make me not look deformed". I certainly appear to have a normal looking nose and I can live with it without wincing every time I look in the mirror.

I'm updating for all the people who are still commenting on this as if it happened last month and I'm seeking a revision. It was 4 years ago and my life has moved on from this. I hope you who have suffered under someone who you should trust, someone who took the Hippocratic (more like hypocrisy) oath to "first do no harm, also find the strength and determination to move on.

5 years post revision

By popular demand, I give you photos 5 YEARS after my revision with the wonderful, skilled surgeon and artist Dr Le.
I experienced a very dark time after the first surgeon did what she did. I know many of you relate. I acted with vigilant determination and did the diligent research and footwork to rehabilitate and make myself whole once again. My work paid off and I found Dr Le.
After meeting him for the first time my gut said this is the dr who can fix this mess.
Always trust your gut.
Countless numbers of folks have asked me to post pics and I've declined the demands. I don't respond to people who don't trust my word, claim I have an obligation to post pics, accuse me of irresponsibility for not updating pics, or give me the impression they need to judge based on their expectation.
I posted my review against the surgeon and gave my advice to do your research. I voluntarily posted photos.
I'm compelled to express again that I'm not obligated to keep this post or photos visible or to update it. Snarky messages are ignored.

One person inspired me to post pics and this person didn't even ask me to. I felt strong empathy for this person and sad that this person has missed out on a lot of joy and possibilities due to his own horrifying experience.
"F'ed up face", it takes a lot of strength and courage to share your vulnerability without expecting or demanding someone provide you with the capability in dealing with the situation and to move forward. I'm afraid you may feel you have nothing more to lose in life but the fact that you get out of bed every day means you have the strength to get through another day. There is hope.
New York Plastic Surgeon

This doctor gave me a obvious bad nose job, she was argumentative, VERY impatient, dodges questions, and told me to seek therapy to accept the outcome. She doesn't even deserve one star but instead a big fat F for failure as a doctor and ethical human being. I was stunned that she actually looked me in the eye and told me this is what we had discussed and that it looks great but she wouldn't put it on her website when I asked. If she was so proud of this, why wouldn't she want to use it for advertisement and exposure.