Rhinoplasty Poor Dr. Choice - New York

I just wanted my nose straightened and slightly...

I just wanted my nose straightened and slightly slimmed. Doctor went radically in different direction excessively shortening my nose, turning it up giving it a pig like appearance. It's devastating and embarrassing and the dr says it looks nice and doesn't admit to screwing up. It's a crapshoot regardless of how good their b4/after pictures look. I should've sought out a rhinoplasty specialist who does at least 3 per week for at least 25 years. It's what I would recommend to anyone out there.

I've since had a revision with a facial...

I've since had a revision with a facial surgeon specializing in shock trauma victims. He was able to restore my nose and improve the damage done by Michelle Copeland. He listened carefully, was very compassionate and I only wish I used him the first time. He's a true doctor who cares about his patients.

I'm 2 years and 4 months post op from my revision...

I'm 2 years and 4 months post op from my revision surgery. It's not ideal and i'm not super thrilled and will probably have the same dr refine the tip. He did a great job considering where he had to start from but my nose is quite wide and the tip is quite large. It's really straight and he gave me back the length so, for that I'm happy. the wideness and bulky tip is a matter of slimming down and not adding any more so I'm not too concerned. I've had other life matters that took precedence so now hopefully by late summer I'll have it tweaked. It sure is worlds better than the Copeland catastrophe.

4 years post revision

As anyone who has followed the posts and comments below know, I've had a revision by Dr. Le in Nov 2009 and a minor tweak in Jan 2012. While my vision of perfection can never be achieved especially after such mutilation by named surgeon (ha!) Michelle Copeland, I'm pleased with Dr. Le's diligent efforts in constructing a new nose, replacing the mincemeat Copeland made out of my entire lower cartilage with rib cartilage.

Nothing at this point can be done with the nostril/alar reduction she took the liberty of giving me without my consent but, this wasn't a revision to "make me look pretty again". More like "make me not look deformed". I certainly appear to have a normal looking nose and I can live with it without wincing every time I look in the mirror.

I'm updating for all the people who are still commenting on this as if it happened last month and I'm seeking a revision. It was 4 years ago and my life has moved on from this. I hope you who have suffered under someone who you should trust, someone who took the Hippocratic (more like hypocrisy) oath to "first do no harm, also find the strength and determination to move on.
New York Plastic Surgeon

This doctor gave me a obvious bad nose job, she was argumentative, VERY impatient, dodges questions, and told me to seek therapy to accept the outcome. She doesn't even deserve one star but instead a big fat F for failure as a doctor and ethical human being. I was stunned that she actually looked me in the eye and told me this is what we had discussed and that it looks great but she wouldn't put it on her website when I asked. If she was so proud of this, why wouldn't she want to use it for advertisement and exposure.

Le showed you 100s of photos? I'm sorry, but I find that to be an exaggeration. Le doesn't have as many negative reviews because he tries to figure out which patient wrote a negative review. If he can figure it out, he quickly attempts to contact the patient asking to correct or remove the review.
How do you know?
Le showed you 100s of photos? I'm sorry, but I find that to be an exaggeration. I'm not sue why you haven't uploaded his photos like you did with the other doctor. Le doesn't have as many negative reviews because he tries to figure out which patient wrote it. If he can, he quickly contacts the patient asking to correct or remove the review.
Dear Penelope, focusing into the solution I recommend Dr. Gary Motykie. Check his amazing outcomes out in nosejob revisions. Good luck, and best regards.
I had a revision in 2010 with Dr. Le. All is well that ends well.
Oh well excellent, truly glad you made it!
Honestly since you live in the US please sue her, it is not alright for her to be a plastic surgeon if she completly bothes a nose like that. Hire a lawyer.
botches*
Honestly, your before nose was supergood and it only need slight refinement but she overdid it....
ok, can I just say this is a thread that just keeps on -- and keeps on ad nauseum -- givin to us folks! First one I just about ever saw on here, and it's funny bc the original poster keeps getting shocked messages years and years after the fact...she has fixed it long since ...it's just funny and wanted to point it out, you know? YET she is right, beyond a doubt, no matter how much you filter for overly obsessive patients (which often doctors probably claim the dissatisfied patient is.) No, these pics do NOT lie, her voice is true and great, and what's amazing to me, still to this day, is the fact that this is somewhat of a celeb doc, and worse, no admittance of fault -- EVER! I mean, come ON. Will a doctor/person in the health field please come forward and finally admit that doctors avoid admitting fault even when it's so obvious it's upsetting even to someone not maimed like this? When I make a mistake at my job -- nay, ANY JOB -- I admit it. If a doctor does not admit fault when it's obvious, she is making all doctors look less professional, and all those years of med school become dirtied by the disgusting smear of snake oil. You know, when this branch of the medical field first got going, way back when, doctors were worried that cosmetic surgeons would detract from the overall profession. Uh, YEAH.
Penelope , thank you for sharing. Im glad to hear you have moved on, i ve been following your posts for a while, my previously nice nose has become .pinched, small upturned with retracted twisted columella. thank you for sharing your experience with us, it's very helpful.thank you
Prodigiousflames (cool name btw), what's wrong with ethnic? What don;'t you like and what would you want done? My sister whom I love asked me when she visited if she should get a nose job. She has my mom's "ethnic" nose and she also broke it TWICE. Honestly, I could care less about a bump and here's why: who the hell looks at you from the side while meeting you? Plus it just seems almost impossible to get the forehead and the rest of the face to go along with it -- it just cannot look completely natural or at least it is difficult to get the different angles to go with it and often I think it makes the person look less good. BUT I am all about a shorter nose. Well for me and my sis at least. Something about it would look better or more in proportion I think. HOWEVER I did not tell her this because I think she didn't want to hear yes, plus honestly? I DO find her absolutely beautiful, and this is weird since I am such a perfectionist, and she would be less pretty if she got a cookie-cutter nose.
I'm sorry, she was probably recovering from partying and drinking all night right before your surgery! I have know doctors as friends, went to their house for parties, I had a Cardiologist and his wife that lived down the street from me and I became friends with her and me and my husband would go to their house and drink, smoke pot all kinds of crap! A CARDIOLOGIST!!!! And He Would Be On Call!!!!!! A lot of doctors are really bad alcoholics and drug users trust me I know!!!!
Bless your heart! I agree with you, if she thinks your nose turned out great trust me it WOULD have been in her portfolio o before and after! She knows she screwed your nose up, I hope you went to her website and let this be made known! It's bad when we suffer low self esteem from having a facial feature only to try and fix it and end up looking worse afterward! Honestly, I really don't think plastic surgeons know what the out come will be when they operate! I want to have my nose done too but I'm afraid that would happen to me!
Hi! Would you mind posting pics of your Dr. Le revision? He has a lot of good reviews but no pictures. I will be traveling to Maryland in a few months and considering if it's worth the 300 to see him
He is worth the 300 for an appointment. Don't pass it up.
Forgive me for asking for pictures it's just that there are a lot of rumors of him making fake reviews and I have not really seen any noses other than the ones on his website (which are not drastic changes like what I need)
rumors of him making fake reviews? How ridiculous. He's not an internet whore like a lot of surgeons out there. Wait until you see him, he'll show you hundreds of pictures, mostly recent, of complete reconstruction work he's done. Sorry, no pics tho. I've moved on. I'll reply to a message I deem important enough but other than that I no longer invest my time in rhinoplasty postings.
Was he able to get your nose to it's preoperative length?
yup
i feel the same way! fake reviews? i had my surgery with Dr Le 3 weeks ago, if people only knew what kind of doctor and person he is they would know how ridiculous that notion is!! i love my nose! I'm so lucky that I'm local to Dr Le! knowing what i know now i would pay much more for his consult! also my 2 post op appointments have been 2 hours in length! your never hurried!
Hey I have had problems with my nose for the last couple of months my nose started with scabs in the nose I kept picking it and made it bleed and I went doctors and he said u got hole in ya nose and I said oh my goss how could that happen and he said the main cause is cocaine and I have never ever had any sort of drug in my life not ever smoke not my thing and I would like to know how else I got this I am so worried and scared
Wow!!!! $300.00 just to see him??? That's redicilous!!!
I seriously would seek a second opinion for sure!!!! He obviously doesn't know what he's talking about and therefore I would not let him touch me!!!!
I think you are not hurried because he charges $75 per half hour..