Rhinoplasty Fixed my Broken Nose

I had a bad road accident 5 years ago. It was a...

I had a bad road accident 5 years ago. It was a hard trauma to recover from. While all my broken bones got fixed and the cuts and bruises healed, my broke nose stayed as a constant reminder on my face, of that horrific night. I looked awful with a crooked nose and it upset me. More than that, seeing my nose always reminded me of that terrible night where i lost my best friend in that accident. I tried to ignore it for several years but then i decided that the only way to get over this was to get my nose back to its old shape so that i wouldnt be remonded of that night every time i saw the mirror. Besides, my nose looked quite bad and clearly, a nose job was the best solution.  The surgery has given me back a good nose and infact an even better nose that before. It is thinner, straighter and much nicer. I look very different now, whick i love. I never thought just a nose can change the way you look completely. The doctor gave me anesthesia of some kind, although i was awake i was barely in my senses and was very drowsy. I don't have much memory of the surgery to be honest. I just remember getting some medicines, the nurse giving me and iv and then injecting something in the iv which made me super sleepy. After that i just remember coming back to my senses in the recovery toom. While i did open my eyes during the surgery and saw the doctor doing something on my nose, i was too sleepy to talk then.  I was home that very evening and thats when i started feeling some pain. My nose was obviously bandaged and swollen. I had a severe headache and for a month or more, my nose had some swelling and i had headaches. After the swelling died, i saw my new nose for the first time and i was shocked. It was a new me in the mirror with a slick , sharp nose. I sort of lost my sense of smell for a while too.  I have heard of people who have one nose job and then have to go for several more to get a good nose. I got lucky in just one shot and never had to go for surgery again. I guess thats because i went to the best doc in the first place. I feel Rhinoplasty has really boosted my self confidence, made me look better and more than anything, it has helped me recover from the past trauma. I don't look at the mirror now and think of that accident.  I have moved on.

I'm glad your surgery turned out so well. I had rhinoplasty years ago. My nose was small, slim and looked okay. I recentlyhad an accident and injured my nose I underwent revision rhinoplasty and I currently have practically no ability to breathe through my nose, and my nose is extremely wide, large and poorly shaped. Could you release the name of your surgeon?
Hey Sally, I have the same story, I was in a car accident and now my nose is crooked, and downwards pointing to the right. I also live in Michigan, and was wondering if you mind sharing your surgeon? It would be such a huge help :)
I hope you were able to find a good surgeon. I had revision rhinoplasty in the summer of 2009 and it was a disaster. I'm unable to breathe and my nose is very badly shaped. I'm currently trying to find a surgeon to repair my nose. Did Sally send you the name of her surgeon? It's really hard to tell who is really good by thumbing through the phone book or looking at the doctor's websites. A good reconstruction surgeon is worth his weight in gold.
Hi Sally, I can relate to your story and would really like to know where your surgery was performed. I broke my nose and orbital wall (eye socket) when I was 15, I was physically abused by a family member, and looking at my crooked nose brings back very painful and humiliating memories. I'm now 26 and have been thinking for a while about having my nose fixed, I would really like to setup an appointment with the dr you used. Thanks for your post.
Hi Sally, was this procedure performed by Dr. Youn by chance? I was just curious because I'm about to have this procedure done. Thanks!
I had revision rhinoplasty this summer and it was very unsuccessful. My nose was widened, I have collapsed nostrils and I can barely breathe. I now need to find a surgeon to repair my nose so I can breathe and to restore its former shape. Did your rhinoplasty come out well? Would you recommend your surgeon?
where did you get your surgery done? i want to go there! seriously... please contact me... or put up another posting on here.. please? thanks!
I would also love to have the name of a very good rhinoplasty reconstruction surgeon in Michigan. I need help breathing and to reverse unwanted physical changes made to my nose after a very unsuccessful revision surgery.

Hi swollen,

Here is a link to some other reviews (bottom-right) for Michigan rhinoplasties: Michigan rhinoplasty doctors. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Thanks for the names of doctors in Michigan. I'm familiar with a few of the names but don't really know who is good. I did a lot of research before choosing my revision surgeon. I checked certifications, education, etc. I didn't think, though, to ask how many revisions this surgeon had performed. Anyway, the surgery was not successful. How can we, as patients, really know who is able to correct particular rhinoplasty problems and whether the surgeon will use their skills to construct a nose functional and suitable for a particular face and the desires of the patient.