Have Been Waiting for Years - Renton, WA

So excited to finally schedule the breast...

So excited to finally schedule the breast reduction I have wanted and planned for since college. I'm a 35 year old mother of 2 boys. I have always had large breasts, currently at 34DD, and have always been disgusted by them. I love to exercise and have a very physical job, they are always in the way and feel very inappropriate. After breastfeeding both my boys, they are large and saggy. I am scheduled for June 25th and I can't wait. Any, advice you can offer on things that I will absolutely need would be much appreciated. I have loved following each of you on your journeys and thank you for your candidness.

Dr. Egrari

Thanks ladies for all the well wishes. I had my surgery at 7 this morning and was home resting by 1130. I will update when I get a little more energy.

Thanks for letting us know how you were doing. Now is the time for sleep, there will be plenty of lazy days ahead for updating! Congrats

Good luck, tomorrow! Wishing you all the best :-) Let us know how you are doing when you feel up to it.
It`s going to be tomorrow, right? Good Luck! I am a "lurker" here, but have done tons of research and have finally decided today - I am DOING this! Thanks in part to all the wonderful people here who have been kind enough to share their intimate details with the rest of us. V grateful to you all. Good luck for tomorrow - "Ganbatte" as we say here in Japan! x
hello kate you dont have to much longer to go hey i was wondering how long did it take for you to see the dr and then schedule you cause i just say my dr today and he scheduled me for NOv 9 im like wow so fae away im praying that someone reschedules and he can call me soon
I'm paying out of pocket for mine so there was no wait. I met with him for the first time in April and he had availability to do the surgery within a month. I chose to wait until June do to my work schedule. I hope your surgeon has a cancel so you don't have to wait so long.
Thanks for the advice Kay!
I mean Kate. Mommy brain

Thanks for your review Kay! I bet you will find that everything from your work to your exercise will be so much easier and more enjoyable once you have had the surgery. Good luck and keep us posted!
Welcome, Kay! I can relate to your feelings about your large breasts. I had 36DD's before my operation, and now I'm fitting a C cup perfectly. Best thing I've ever done.

The single most helpful item in my recovery has been a wedge pillow for sleeping. I've heard ladies say that they slept in a recliner, but the wedge is nice because it allows you to sleep in a comfortable bed. I have a link to the pillow I used (and am still using, 3 weeks out) on my review (it's a long review and the link is buried in the middle). But if you're interested it was a great price and the perfect pillow for back sleeping. The only other thing I've used consistently is Micropore tape (cheap @ drugstores), which reduces scarring and is used after your surgical tape comes off. Other than that, just make sure you have a lot of help for the first week - you'll be doing a lot of nothing!

Keep us updated! :-)