Hello all, I have been inspired by all of your...

Hello all, I have been inspired by all of your amazing stories and transformations. You all are the bravest ladies and I am ready to jump aboard if you all will have me. Tomorrow I have my second co2 treatment for my face and I have scheduled my Mom consult as well, so I really have no idea what to expect. I do know that I am ready to get me back. I am 36 and I have 3 amazing daughters, 19, 18 and 16. My husband and I have been together over half our lives and I honestly have no idea what " sexy " feels like. Having my kiddos so young and all 3 C sections,I always feel as if my body went down hill before I even knew what it was to be a woman. I am super excited to get this show on the road, good luck to all you ladies who are on this journey, happy healing!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Hello all, So I am super excited that I will be...

Hello all, So I am super excited that I will be getting my Mommy makeover in September, I will pay my Down payment this Friday and get the actual date. I will be getting a Full TT, MR, 450cc Silicone and Liposculpture to hips and flanks. I am crazy obsessed over it and cannot wait to be on the flat side. My husband is amazing and is working his tail off to pay for this. My girls are very nervous but I always have said " If I ever win the lottery I am getting a MM" Then I realized Normal people do this everyday and where there's a will there's a way.

So a bit about me, I had my two oldest daughters in High school and My husband and I have managed to keep the love alive over all these years. He is my very best friend and is really the only person to know me pre stretch marks and buddah belly, and let me tell ya that is because we were just kids! Up and down the scale goes, I am currently 186lbs and only 5'3 ( I am clearly on the upside of the scale) but I am very comfortable at 160lbs, I like to be a bit thicker, just not in the middle. My PS said that I need to lose 10lbs but I think I will just get as close to 160 as I can so that I can get the best possible result. I will post some pics asap so you all can see the beast and the ity bitty twins. To all of you in recovery, may God bless you and heal quickly!

I am going to try hypnosis to quit smoking. There is a clinic here in Denver that has amazing results.
You have to let me know how it works, good luck to you!
How exciting. All you ladies inspire me so much!! I am going to start my journey by quitting smoking. Then and only then will I invest in my body. Thank you for sharing.

So here i am with 4 months to go and it feels like...

So here i am with 4 months to go and it feels like its gonna be forever. I am going to start getting my supplies ready so i am busy reading all your posts. I feel like i am clueless at this point and since i have to play the waiting game figure i will start shopping. Is it to early? Or am i cutting it close? I dont really have many girlfriends so i find myself yapping at my husband all the time and if i hadnt found this amazing community i really dont know how i would get thru this. If you have any ideas on things i could start getting together it would be greatly appreciated. Now way off topic, my second co2 treatment went much different from the first one. First off i have to drive a little over 2 1/2 hours to get to Reno and the procedure went fine Donna is awesome, but yesterday my face broke out so bad that i was texting pics to the ps asking what is this? Not only ugly but painful...so now i am on antibiotics to clear it up...all i could think was " I payed $2500 to laser my old acne scars only to cause the worst break out in my life" i have one more treatment left in about 3-4 months i pray it goes better than this one. Anywho, just rambling now, so all of you RS sistas, Happy Healing! And thank you for listening.

I know what you mean! Up until this year, I thought plastic surgery procedures were only for the rich! I'm happy that my husband is working hard to give this to me (and us) because I've given so much for us, too :)
Yes i agree, we do deserve it! My husband is awesome and super supportive and our husbands will enjoy our new body's as much as we do or more. I guess i must have hit the lottery! Haha

So i spend so much time "researching" mommy...

So i spend so much time "researching" mommy makeovers and i see all these amazingly brave woman find their confidence and of course thats what i want too. I just feel so much guilt over the money, i could buy a car or some trip but no i want to spend it all on me. I have a hard time after spending the last 20 years catering to everyone else. I want this more than anything because truth be told, i am on antidepressants because of my self image. I dont want to have any more melt downs because i hate what i see in the mirror. It is hard to convince myself that this is ok, my husband and best friend are super supportive but the rest of my family thinks its crazy and self indulgent. I dont know, just one of those days i guess. And one more thing i really can use proper punctuation, its my dumb phone, so I apologize now for my crappy posts. To all of you on the flat side, Happy healing!

I had the same concern. I got some really good feedback from the RS members. I will tell you this: it's the best money we've ever spent. Just keep your "why's" real clear, your expectations real, and love yourself. One thing that makes me sad is when beautiful women on here use the words "gross," "eww," "yuck" and all kinds of other cut downs about the parts they want to change. Just know that you want to change it because its holding your best parts back, but don't cut yourself down. There's enough people who will readily do that for you, unsolicited. I find that even our very dear family members have a little bit of the green monster inside. They can be a little jealous and they have their reasons not to get it done. The fact that you are doing it kinda of challenges the validity of their excuses not to get surgery. Just build your quiet confidence. You are lucky, you are blessed. The one who will enjoy this investment with you is supportive and cheering you on. Maybe after it is all said and done you may be leading the way for those who will discourage you to put aside their own excuses and do something to feel as good as you will. Don't kick your butt about your self image. You have daughters who will look to you to love themselves no matter their size. That was one thing I struggled with. I didn't want to make my daughters struggle with their own self-image with a surgery to improve mine. Love your body as a gift, as the temple to your spirit. Even as you seek to improve it, love it for what it is, for what it's done or you. It allowed you to carry three wonderful children. A blessing that many people struggle to gain. People with perfect bodies might trade it in for the things you want to change about yours simply to have one child. You are blessed and clearly loved. Breathe and know who you are.
Its funny how sometimes just the right words find you when your having a bad day. God works in funny ways, and I thank you for your advice and kind words. You are so right on so many levels. I am struggling to love myself and never want to hurt my girls with my own self hatred. Thank you 6pack, you have turned my day around. God bless you and your recovery. You are beautiful!!!
Since you are already emotional about this decision, mums the word. Don't tell anyone else. The negative comments will stick with you. It is true that you could by a car, and I bet you would pay more forthe car than you would pay for this surgery. If your family has a roof over their heads, food on the table and you can pay your bills, then you should have no more guilty feelings. Treat yourself lovely this one time!!

Hello all, not much has changed for me other than...

Hello all, not much has changed for me other than my date needs to be pushed out to October now...super bummed but since my mom is flying out to help I suppose I have to be a bit flexible. I have loved watching all of your transformations, I am so happy for all of you on the flat side, It just feels as if it isnt gonna really happen for me. I want it today! Patience is not my virtue. I have been an emotional mess and pretty sure my husband has no clue what to do with me at this point. As I said before, I am on antidepressants and it seems as if I am falling into a serious funk since my decision to take this giant leap. I have always struggled with self love, I mean I like who I am inside, but hate, hate,hate who looks at me in the mirror. I feel as if I am drowning and this MM is my last shot at accepting who I am. I sound entirely to vain, I know I shouldnt determine my self worth by a reflection in a mirror, It is so hard to explain, I am always able to lose large amounts of weight only to gain it all right back, I never feel happy at any weight because my own body feels as if it cant possibly be mine. I want to love myself in all my forms, and of course I have heard it all from my husband, he loves me no matter what, but that doesnt change how I view myself. My biggest fear is that I will still be unhappy or find something else to "hate" about me. Sorry about the rambling, if you havent noticed I'm OCD and I get stuck in my head. I guess the question I have for you ladies on the flat side is, when your body transformed, did your view of yourself change as well?

Amazing story!!! My belly is still very swollen but yes I feel different about myself can't wait until the whole recovery process is over.
You will see. Your time will fly by!!! I started researching doctors and my procedure back in January but didn't have it until mid May. Use this time to do things you will have to delay while you heal. Do some fun stuff you enjoy. Use this time to eat well and get your body in the best shape possible for your procedure. If you want to shed a few pounds, you have time to do so or if you want to accomplish a fitness goal, you have time to train and do that too. I ran my first half marathon in April and training for that with friends kept my mind off of the wait quite a bit! Tick tock....October will be here before you know it. I promise!! Hugs!
Yes thats the plan, work on all the other stuff, like droppin some weight and toning up. Thanks for the support, how are you feeling? Your after pics are awesome! So happy for you.

was lost but now I'm found!

Hello loves, so I have been having a terrible time weaning myself off my antidepressants. I want this Mommy makeover to makeover all of me, inside and out and I am so ready to take the biggest step of my life towards self love. I no longer want a mind altering substance dictating my feelings about who I am. No sense in fixing the outside when the inside is a mess. I have 4 months till my procedure and mentally I need to be fully aware of who I am and what I mean to me. I have an amazing family who are my biggest cheerleaders and I am so blessed. I am watching all of your transformations and so happy for all of you and I believe it takes huge courage to go through what you all have. I cannot wait to be a "member" of this beautiful group of woman who have taken back their bodies and overcome their fears. You all inspire me, and have helped me get to this place emotionally and I thank you. Happy healing to all of you in recovery and I hope that you all ride this out with me as well.

Hey girl, I am a fake it til ya make it person. I have been judged for my size my entire life and treated badly. I eventually learned that if I act completely in love with myself, some people will judge it and give each other looks, but for the most part of I act like I'm incredible, others believe it! And women who are also self conscious or smaller than me but very insecure LOVE my attitude because it was as if it gave themselves permission to love themselves. At 300+ lbs I'd stop in the mirror so my diabetes could hear me say, "oh my gosh. I look even more beautiful today than yesterday! We are soooo fine! Have you noticed??" Sometimes they giggle and other times they say, "of course we noticed!" They get the other negative messages all the time, so I have to turn my volume up super high. My girls have been completely aware of my overweight ness. They've said things on different occasions like, "you're still beautiful even though you're belly is bigger than all the other mommies" and I'll say, "I know, I know, it's not their fault they can't be as soft as me. They are still beautiful though! Imagine how fast she can run even though she's not as soft! Women just rule." And I just want to say. After losing all the weight that I have, and after this surgery, there is no "bang! I a, now healed, that issue is done and I can move on." It is a slow progression. But I believe you see that. You've opened the door to that awareness. I wouldn't say there is no reason on getting a procedure because you're not in love. It's like a tool. Or a crutch. Nothing wrong with a tool or crutch to get you moving forward again. Nothing wrong with makeup to get you through the day a bit more confident. This body transformation has not fixed my life. And you know this! It's not magic. But it's worthwhile. When it's done, the other issues will be there, but the good thing is, you might be a bit stronger and have more emotional energy to confront and school them! You're so worth it. What if you got in an accident and wanted plastic surgery to correct some hidden scar? That's not vanity!
Diabetes??? Daughters!!!
Very happy about your positive attitude. That is awesome. I truly believe beauty and healing start on the inside and work itself out!

confused....

Ok ladies, maybe this is part of this crazy journey but I have second thoughts about my PS, I am calling today with more questions. I emailed Robles in DR last night because i feel like they do an amazing job with sculpting. I personally love the big breasts, tiny waist and big ol booty look. Has nothing to do with the cost although it is considerbly cheaper. Ugh not sure what to do now. Suppose I just wait till I hear back. Keep ya posted, Happy healing to all of you on the flat side!

I feel as though no matter where you have your surgery there can be complications. I picked DR with Dr Robles because her incision line is amazing and work that I was seeing in the US by some doctors their line was not consistent, I love the sculpting Dr Robles does plus they can take more out of you in the DR vs the US. I think alot of tummy tucks in the US have a boxy look to them but yet some don't probably depending on doctor and you body structure.i have been going to the same primary doctor for almost 20 years and had several appointments with him before I left to the DR and I felt as though if I have a complication he would help me out I have read some stories if they have complications they eventually find someone to help them out yes that would suck if something is wrong and you are searching all over. I went with my gut feeling the DR was the best choice for me and so far it has been an amazing and best decision I made I'm only 22 days out and still have a lot of recovery time ahead of me. My husband has been amazing and has taken out stitches and never felt them coming out he was so gentle plus he took out my drain he has been a great support system for me and does everything in the house. So far I have never been depressed except for the fact my crotch area hurts from the garment but I put a lot of A&D on it to help. I have not been able to wipe my butt correctly because my lower back still hurts so it hard to put my hand in the back of me but I have a loving husband that will wipe me with baby wipes. I had no issues with Dr Robles and she checked my belly with a needle for fluid build up when I was there you do not feel the needle in your belly because you are still numb. I went to Virginia's recovery house and they send you home with a sringe to make sure your drain does not clog and show you what to do. Good luck in your decision!!!!
I was thinking the same about DR but I read review after review on here from here..please please read all of them, the good the bad and the ugly......I changed my mind after I did that, not because of her quality but after care and customer service from her staff...there is a member here who just got back and has to deal with some aftercare results....I cannot think of her name....I am sure you will do your research just think aftercare.....some ladies even have months of issues.....and a lot of other surgeons or doctors will not touch you if you had a procedure done by another doctor.....I had my trip all planned to the DR but I finally decided to stay home(of course the pleas from my sons and my hubby and my sister helped) much luck to you...((((hugs))))
Thank you, thank you! You always have the right words. You inspire me daily, I always need my lil dose of soulnik13. Hope all is well cuz you look fantastic!

Just got real!

Hey loves, been so busy, no time to update. Big news.... I have my official date and time. October 29th at 8am!!!! I am staying with my original decision to have my surgery with Dr. Dahan. His staff is amazing! I have been having a tough time emotionally coming off my antidepressants but feel confident that I am ready. Each day gets better and I feel like I'm an emotional Ninja taking on my "demons" I call my past. This Mommy makeover is going to change my body in ways I never imagined but it has also given me the courage to change the way I see myself, my confidence is growing slowly and my self worth is finally being established...it's so funny how one decision, one chance can change everything. I am so glad that I found this site and so proud to be apart of this amazing community of strong, beautiful, brave women. I am over the moon excited that I have my date. It has really got real now. I think a small part of me thought it would always just be a dream, but some dreams do come true and I got 4 months ladies and I will be on the flat side. Happy healing to all of you that are already there!

self sabatoge!!!!

147 days to go, so far I have gained 10 more lbs instead of losing, I havent even attempted to quit smoking and for some crazy reason, I am not motivated to do anything. Could be because I have been going thru alot emotionally but I need to get moving. October will be here before I know it. Help ladies!!!! Shouldnt I be over the moon prepping every aspect of my life???? Nope not me, lying around eating key lime pie! Seriously as I post this in the fork goes....maybe tomorrow I will run into some motivation. Night ladies, happy healing!

The motivation is going to come and go. You will soon start to go thru all the phases: denial, what am I doing, will I be okay, I a, going to look good, imagine what you will look like etc. The time will come. You are motivated you still checking RS and updating. You may nit be overwhelmed with motivation but you are motivated.
I understand. I am just getting remotivated. Honestly, I started saying to myself, "They are going to suck out tbe fat anyway." But, we have to maintain the results that we are paying soooooooo much money for. That has been my motivation. I am trying to adapt new eating habits. I HATE working out, but the older I get, extra weight is hard to get off. I gained 7lbs, so I am working to get that off. Plus the 7 I wanted to lose from the beginning. We are at crunch time. Where does the time go??? You will be ok. Check out some smoking cessation programs. Hopefully something will work.

going through the motions

Hey loves, so I have started having the craziest dreams, not a whole lot makes any sense in them, but so far they have been upside down tummy tuck with belly button an actual button, only half a side tucked, una boob, yes one boob, that they accidentally gave my tt to my 20 year old daughter. Just crazyness. I guess this is normal????? Just getting anxious I suppose. So impatient, so hard playing this waiting game. All you ladies on the flat side, Happy healing!

Hey Lady! It's just anxiety kicking in about your upcoming surgery that's got you having the crazy dreams and eating key lime pie! Totally normal. But you know that every day is a brand new day and if you didn't start making changes today, you can start tomorrow. The only thing is that you should start. Dig deep and find that motivation. I'll tell you a reason why you should stop smoking: if you don't, the risk of your wounds not healing goes way up. You don't want that. It's really scary to be cut and then to have your body not be able to recover. Infection can set in and your results and your health are compromised. No need to put yourself through that. Get rid of the cigs!! As for the weight, it is true that the closer you are to your ideal weight the flatter your doctor can ultimately get you. I was carrying extra weight when I had my tuck and I've got to go back under the knife for a revision in a few months to lipo a few areas he could not get to originally. I mean, I don't HAVE to do it, but I'm choosing to so I can have a better result. If I had been maybe 30 pounds lighter on may 16, perhaps this would not have been an issue. Bottom line, you are about to do something awesome for yourself in October. Find motivation in that to set yourself up for the maximum results. Once you are on the flat side you will be so glad that you did all you could do to be your very best when you got there. Hugs and your day will be here soon!!!! Tick tock....
Thank you, slow but sure, I will get there
This is true, still moving forward. My daughters are work out addicts and are great motivators. I guess it is time I jump back in. Hard to believe now but once upon a time not so long ago I worked out before and after work 5 days a week. I think this journey is going to be one I never forget.

so true...

A friend of mine sent this to me and just wanted to share with all of you.

hey lady, I sent you a message to your inbox. it was long didnt want to take up so much of a page!! lol
oh dont be so hard on yourself...of course I am one to talk...I have to wait until january and and need to lose 25-30 pounds by then, that is plenty of time but do ya think I have lost...NOPE...and my dreams are weird too....we can both help each other get there and time will go by fast. tackle one day at a time, one anxiety or issue at a time. one thing I have learned in my 42 years is that things happen when they are supposed too...not necessarily when we WANT them too...have a good day!!

vacation time....

In 2 days my family will be heading up the Oregon coast and I am thrilled that it will be the last time I will have to be the crazy lady wearing hoodies and baggie tees to cover myself up. Next years gonna be a whole new me...might even buy a motivational bikini...yes I should. So I have really been making some personal changes, off my antidepressants, bought a new Eleptical machine and trying and its tough but seriously trying to build a new relationship with ME. I have to love myself now or nothing I "fix" will matter. My personal life( relationships) is also being tested and I have to remember, God has his own plan for me so I have to follow his lead. Without him, I am nothing and you know what I am no longer gonna let anyone including myself treat me badly. So ladies here I am and I love ME! In all my forms..... But I sure am excited to get to the flat side... Next summer has no idea whats coming! Lol to all you ladies in recovery, happy healing and may God be with you.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Found this old pic of myself

Wow you're a brave woman to schedule so many surgeries and have to wait so long. I know the reasons but knowing how sore I was with just the TT, muscles tightened 4" and alot of lipo I don't really think I could of taken alot more. I wonder if maybe you should talk to your Dr. about staying on the antidepressants so they can help you quit smoking? Isn't the smoking more dangerous to your health? If you have a chemical imbalance maybe you need to be on the antidepressants? I give you alot of credit for making so many changes. I'm still 220 + lbs. so I'm no skinny girl. I'm enjoying life and know I need to get back to riding bike and water aerobics (as soon as the Dr. releases me to go) so I don't gain weight. My scales goes up and down quite a few pounds each year. I planned to stick to Medifast after my surgery almost 3 mos. ago and if I had I'd have lost alot of weight by now-but I didn't and have no intention of beating myself up over it. Since the Dr. took 5-7# in front & all the lipo in back I'm sure I'm gaining weight since I'm only down 13# from presurgery. I'm trying to accept myself for the way I am and I hope you can also. Thank-you for your encouraging words on my bio.
You go girl! Very proud of you! You can do this!! Only you. YOU inspire me :)
Awe your sweet, but you inspire me as well. I private msged you again, small update...nothing big.

a few changes.....

Hello ladies, clearly I am not wonder woman and the whole no meds thing didnt really work out. I am on a new one...seems to be doing its job for now. I am having second thoughts about my having the BA, def getting the TT, MR and lipo but not so sure I want to go ahead with the BA. I have this new fear that I wont like them or they wont look right on me. I have never really been that concerned with the size it was more like the icing on the cake.....ugh Its just so frustrating, because if I dont then I might regret that. I suppose I'm just at that phase of this emotional journey. I am so happy for all of you ladies on the flat side....my day will come sooner than later so I better get it figured out.

See I would be happy for my tummy to look how you look preop! I'm sure your outcome will be beautiful!
You are to sweet....really. If I took pics bending over or upside down, it would be a different story. As I get closer to my date I will post more before pics. I bet your journey will turn out amazing and I will be watching. Thanks for the sweet comment.

Thank you Lord!!!!

I have had the hardest time " believing" my day would come due to unexpected financial issues arising. Like it was going to take a miracle to be paid in full by pre op. Well the Good Lord heard my prayers and blessed me. I have finally got those butterflies....now it is time to shop! I have to get my supply list and start knockin it out. I am trying to get creative "cheap" with some things. Like shower chair, outdoor chair fits perfect, button up shirts at the thrift store. I wont be cheap when it comes to the important things, but all temporary things are cheap,cheap,cheap. On another note my new antidepressant seems to be working ok, my mom is finally on board and she now understands how i "see" me. The husband seems kind of well, emotionless about the whole thing. I really wish I had more support in my home but I guess I cant win all the battles. I am so excited now, I had a comment today that tugged at my heart. I realized that it doesnt matter how the world see's us its how we see us that matters the most. This journey has just begun for me, i still have 3 months to prepare. For all of you ladies on the flat side, happy healing and good luck to all the upcoming ones as well. Thank you again Lord!

Loving your story, I am 2 weeks post MM and my advice is that you don't need as much stuff as you think! The post surgery undies can be bought cheap on line, lots of pillows for propping up in bed, a recliner helped loads as you need to rest (I bough one second hand from e-bay) baggy t-shirts (husbands old ones) it's only a couple of weeks max that your quite useless lol :) take care keep as fit as possible it makes for easy recovery!!! X
Hey lady!! Our time is getting close. I agree with you. I am going to the thrift store as well for my granny gowns and I need some button downs. One real selfer racked up at thrift store.
OMG lady I am so happy for you!!! woo hoo......me personally....I would get the breast aug as well....you will look awesome!!! (((hugs)))

waiting for a call back....

Ok so since I now have all of money figured out and my mom can do September now I figured why not get my surgery sooner....so I called and left a message to see if that would be possible. I'm thinking just a month earlier, not like tomorrow or anything. I have also decided to stick with my original decision and I will get the BA as well. My new fear is new stretch marks...ive read that some woman got new ones, is there something i should be using now to prevent that later? Ugh so many questions and I know everyone is different but it is all I can think about. Happy healing to all of you on the flat side!

Hey lady bug just wanted to say hi and I am praying for an earlier date for you!!! Xoxoxo!!!!!
Thanks love, I should find out today, super excited
Yea!!! I hope they have a sept date!!

date change, woo hoo

So I got a new date, September 26th! I am so excited. I feel so blessed to have this done. It is becoming very real now. 9 weeks away...to all you ladies on the flat side, happy healing!

Wow your story is so inspirational, it's great to hear there are others out there that feel the same way as I do. I too have been on antidepressants and absolutely hate looking at myself in the mirror. I can't wait till the day that I am comfortable enough to wear a bikini again! I wish you luck and success on your journey :)
Hey there, just checked out your story, congrats on the weight loss! I too look forward to bikini time...lol good luck to you love, i will be watching your journey!

ordered bikini and quit smoking, yea me!

Hello loves, I have officially quit smoking with a little over 8 weeks to go..yea me! I also ordered a new bikini from VS, a little yellow poka dot bikini....first one in over 15 years. Its my motivation, and although it wont be worn till next summer I am super excited. I love watching all of your transformations and cant wait to have my own. I have amazing support from all my girls, my husband is more excited and my mother finally gets it. Life is good. My new antidepressant is great and I am so happy to really feel happy :) I have become more accepting of myself, flaws and all. Now if anyone I know heard me say that out loud They would probably be shocked. I have spent most of my life self hating, not fun to absolutely hate who you see in the mirror. I so look forward to the flat side and all the changes that will take place. I know, I know, I say that now lets see what I'm saying come September 26th. To all of you on the flat side, happy healing and God bless you all.

So excited for you that you were able to quit smoking! We definitely want to optimize our results!
Bless you for your honesty. It is so refreshing. I will be following your journey and wishing you the best along the way.
Your story keeps me going too sweetie! I just incorporated crossfit into my workout. My hubby and I are creating our own gym in our garage. We are adding a few pieces at a time. We have the jump rope the box the barbells and of course burpees are free. Today was day 1. So we will see...you keep up the attitude! Xoxoxo

Getting very excited!

Today I am 50 days away from my MM. I am officially at my surgery weight and I am getting very anxious. Not nervous at all. I think that I have educated myself as much as I possibly could and I am just ready to get to the flat side. I feel I am in a very good place emotionally, mentally and physically. I will post a few more before pics right before my transformation. Thank you to all of you that have shared your experiences it truly has helped so many of us. Happy healing all!!!

I look forward to following your journey!
Great to hear you quit smoking!! Awesome!

28 days....

Hello loves, I have had a few set backs and have gained about 10lbs, boo but I am trying not to beat myself up. I am full of what if's and my husband has been an angel, always saying the right thing. " God has blessed us and made this possible so it has to be right" this is true. Its so hard believing I deserve this and how much of my life will be turned upside down for a while. We are truly blessed and have the honor of being parents to an amazing young lady, our middle daughter is 19 and will be with us for life. She is special needs and depends on me for just about everything, I bathe her, groom her, dress her and support her in all she does. This will be the hardest part for me, watching my mother try to fill my shoes with her, I can be a bit controlling with the way I do things...and to have to depend on others makes me nervous. I know it will all be ok and this is probably normal. Sorry for venting so much, I just want it over. Super excited to just get on to the recovery. All you ladies on the flat side, happy healing :)

Just before you know it the day will be here watch and see . That's what happen to me.
We are ready to have u.
Finished. I feel for you hun. My 4yr old is autistic and i fully understand you. I've even wanted to take meds for my stress and anxiety. But back to you. I first want to take the time out to say I AM PROUD OF YOU. Yes its your job to care for your child but people dont understand the EXTRA care it takes for special needs. CUDOS to you. I wish you the best of luck and I hope this journey does help with your self esteem. PLEASE do not be discouraged by the swelling. Its inevitable and sometimes you'll swell bigger than when u started. Its ok...remember in 3-6 months....that swollen person was a dream LOL. Im in my swollen stages and just keeping positive. Thats all you can do. Also you will need help with your daughter. It KILLSSS me i wont be able to pick up my stinka for 5 months. the price of beauty is bitter sweet.

pre op Monday....

Wow time has flown by, I cant believe Monday is pre-op. I have to decide on implant size and this has been the most difficult decision...Hope I get it right ;) so I decided to snap a few more before pics just so there is a better idea of what I'm workin with over here. Not very pretty but I am ok now, I know that very soon these will be the old me. I am ready to get on with it all. Good luck to all of you and happy healing!

new before pics

Good luck, excited for u!! See u on flatside.
That's true lol
Good luck Hun time will fly by mine did I had my surgery today and I am feeling great minimal pain I am a very happy lady and you will be too!! Xxx

all set....

Had my pre op today, yikes....paid in full and made my final decisions. Can we say mortified???? First off standing there naked for my very first photo shoot was awful, nerves kicked in and I became a sweat factory...I thought it would never end. Had all my labs done, nice bruise for proof, and an EKG for precaution since I had an unexplainable heart attack 3 years ago. Still need to pic up my scripts and then I just wait....Today was the first time I felt nervous but it went away as soon as I was dressed ;) it is so close now. Very excited, all you ladies on the flat side, happy healing!

Www.inthepinkroom.com The have compression garments and lots of other stuff, foams, squeem so boards, etc..have fun!
Thanks for sharing your story! I truly believe most of us girls battle within ourselves about our outter appearance and until someone experiences that for themselves, I don't think they could ever understand how it feels to look in the mirror and hate yourself because of the way you look....its like you almost feel worthless and not worthy of love! Sounds to crazy to say it out loud but I think it goes through most of our heads! I too hope my tummy tuck gives me the confidence I've been looking for. ... though as I look through everyones pics I keep thinking I need to get everything, boobs, butt, tt, etc....ugh! Super excited for you.. one more week!!
Yes it is difficult to love myself at times, but as my day gets closer it gets easier. 5 months will fly by, trust me, your pic is beautiful, are you just getting a tt? Its hard to not want it all but hey sometimes are flaws are the cutest things about us! Good luck, i will be following your journey :)

This is not a cold...

I woke up today with a bit of the sniffles and a scratchy throat...this cannot be a cold. I am using positive thinking. I would be so upset if my sx had to be rescheduled. I have spent this weekend telling myself, this is the last sunday i will look like this, the last Sunday with these stretch marks. It is still a bit unbelievable at times. I have started getting very nervous about the outcome. My biggest fear is looking at what is under the garment, is that weird? I will be spending the next few days deep cleaning my house, room by room just to keep myself busy. Thursday morning my body changes forever and with that I hope to change inside as well. To all you ladies on the flat side, happy healing and i will see you soon.

Best wishes to you on your upcoming surgery, if you have worries or concerns these gals on here are great for giving you lots of first hand advice, hope all goes well and update us when you can, again hoping you have a wonderful surgery and recovery
Thank you! :)
Take your vitamin C. I hope you don't have a cold. Coughing would be the worst discomfort. I know what you mean about looking under the garment. Don't get discouraged if it does not look like what you imagined. Mine does not. But just know that this recovery may be a long process. You will be happy. Don't worry.

Tomorrow....

I am getting everything together for my overnight stay in Reno. We will leave at 3 am, yes in the morning. Check in by 6:30am and sx at 8am. Stay in hotel tomorrow night with a follow up at 9am on Friday. I still havent got much anxiety but I am feeling better, this cold is going away. Yay! Having a hard time deciding what to wear , I suppose a sweat suit?, do i wear a bra? I guess I need to figure it all out. Well ladies, please wish me luck and say a prayer for me. The next time I update I will be on the flat side! Happy healing to all!!!

Best of luck to you ((((hugs))))
Thank you!
All the best to you! My sx is tomorrow too but I have a lot of nerves happening! Not for surgery - for recovery!

I made it!

On the flat side ladies! Post more tomorrow.

Congrats!!
Yeah!!!! Congrats!!
Happy healing!!!!!

sleepy

Hello all, geez I am so tired but can only sleep for 10 minutes at a time. I go for my follow up this am and then a 3 hour ride home...i just want to be home. Once i am home and settled i will update more. I have this one pic from recovery yesterday, not great and my boobs are not that big! Happy healing loves!

Hope you are resting better.
Hey girl! Hows things coming a long? Thinking of you!
I hope you are now home safely and getting rest. Your drains look full. I drained a lot the first 3 days. Take care

sooo tired

Hello all, i am having a rough time. I will post some pics soon. Im very pleased so far. .so tired and dopey.... Happy healing lafies!

oops

Oops, meant ladies...

Hi had surgery same day as you. How are you doing? My bed is somewhat tall nees help getting in and out sucks. I've had this agonizing headache since day after surgery that will not go away. Breast drain came off day after surgery. Ab drain comes off tomorrow. Can't wait. Sooo sore. Sleeping sucks. Wish i could close my eyes and a month have gone by.
Get rest &Feel better !

super cranky,

So I dont have much to update other then my pain pills make it hard to read or write. Just cranky and itchy....And super tired. I promise a full update soon.

looking good. I hope you feel better with each day that passes :)
Thanks love, I know i will get there.
Lookin good girly

day 5

Hello loves! I am wide awake this A.M. this journey is a wild ride! I have been so exhausted but couldnt sleep...starving but couldnt eat, happy but want to cry. I am a wreck! But so greatful to be :) I am doing well. Nothing major to tell. Boobies are settling in good, no pain at all. Scar is low and thin for what i can see under steri strips. BB looks ok, still to early to know. Draining alot still and go for follow up Friday. I know we are all anxious for pics but boy oh boy, it wears me out :) everything does. I will get some pics out today after my shower. Sorry for random blatherings, pain pills sometimes win the battle.oh mama they are kickin in now! Happy healing ladirs!

I know how long you have wanted this and I am so happy for you that it has finally happened! you are the best friend ever and deserve to be happy inside and out! I can't wait to see (and hear) how awesome your results are when you are all healed up! Happy healing my friend, talk to you soon!
you look great take it easy sweetheart and you will heal up beautifully! it will be worth the tears,pain and time hang in there xx
Looking good and you take it easy your body will tell u what u need.

swelling

Hello all, things are going good. Still have my drains in, hopefully Wednesday they come out. I am soooooo swollen. My feet look like meatloaves and my hips are twice the size. Nothing fits, even yoga pants are uncomfortable. I am getting around better just really uncomfortable, I know that it takes time and I am patient. I know it is all worth it. I have had a pretty uneventful recovery, thank God. No problems at all. I have gotten very lucky. My only real issue is being so tired, I dont know how some of you are trying on bikinis and taking tons of pics. Im lucky if i change my clothes every 2 days. It is such a work out and leaves me exhausted. I have very little energy witch leaves me with very few pics. I will try and post some this week. Im very happy with how low and straight my incision is and the girls are settling in nice, a bit swelling on miss lefty but nothing major. Flanks are super swollen and sore, sore, sore!. I will update soon, happy healing all!

You are looking great!!! Can't wait to see new pics. I need to post newer ones also. I like seeing girls who are more on a thicker side to see their results as I am 5"4 at 174 lbs. your pics so far are beautiful an you have such a small waist
Seems like you're doing pretty good congratulations ! Oh the swelling... What we don't have to go thru to obtain the end game....your swelling should go down a bit of you totally restrict your sodium intake...increase water intake. It's been just ever three weeks for me, Since I had my tummy tuck.. Except for being extremely tight in my tummy and a bit of swelling... I'm thrilled... Hang in there girl... Be kind to yourself take it easy be a turtle...."Slow and steady". Looking forward to seeing more pictures! (((Hugs))) LiveLoveBelieve
Hey Mama! Look at those cute little piggies! I understand the exhaustion. I showered every other day. I was just too tired, and it was so much work with the drains. You are looking good. Incision looks great! Get your rest!

A few new pics

Hey ladies! Feeling better this A.M and took a few pics. I had one drain removed last Wednesday but still have one thats draining quite a bit. Im off the percocet and only using Tylenol. Mild discomfort but bearable. Having a hard time fitting in to my pre op clothes but hopefully soon. My recovery has been very uneventful (knock on wood) no real issues of any kind. I thank the good lord daily. I will post my full review soon, all the details of the day of. Happy healing!

You Look Amazing! I'm Happy You Are Healing Well.
You look awesome!! Look how straight you are standing!
I am one day ahead of you.  I can't decide if my swelling is swelling or just fat from the 5 lbs I've gained since the surgery.   I really need to get my ass in gear and exercise.  How about you?  How are you doing today?  Our body before pics really look alot alike my kindred sister!

scar pics

Just a few of my incision, pretty happy with how low and straight it is.

You are looking great!!! Perfect scar!!! I know you are ready for that drain to come out! I got one out today and feel like a million bucks!! Can't wait for the second one to come out! Are your scars itching or are you past that stage!
Nope not itching at all, eek do I need to look forward to that too? My skin itches due to the swelling but not my scars. Honestly they kinda freak me out and i dont want to touch them. you are looking fantastic, i hope i end up with some kind of waist, yours is beautiful!
I have foam and a binder on so I think maybe the pressure is what's making me itch. The scars gross me out too! When I'm out of the compression garment I don't look or touch either!!!

3 weeks po today!

Hey all, so I still have one drain in, tomorrow it will come out...yay. I wanted to share my experience so far. The day of was amazing, everything went smooth. My surgery took about 4 hours and the first thing I did when I woke up with eyes barely open was high 5 my husband and tell him " we did it" I dont remember this. I recall looking down and feeling huge! I asked for a cup of coffee and oh my it was great. My preop hoodie did not fit over the bandaged boobies so they had to give me a blanket to leave with.They made sure I could pee and showed my husband how to milk the drains and we were on our way to the Hotel. My oldest daughter came and saw me, she goes to college in Reno and I dont remember much else. The next day was my follow up and We got on the road home. The first 3 days are a fog, I stayed medicated and was in and out. No appetite but boy was I thirsty. My feet and legs were so swollen that I was miserable, I never had potty issues, went on day 2 and only used milk of magnesia as a precaution. I know this is a boring review but I told you my recovery has been very uneventful. I thank God for that. Sleeping has been tough, being so tired but cant get comfy. I had one drain removed a week ago and go tomorrow to get this one out. I forget to mention that I had gained weight and the morning of sx I weighed in at 192! Ouch, but today I am down 12 pounds. My ps removed 5 lbs from tt, and 2.5lbs on each of my sides. I also had a 5inch seperation of my MR. He had to lower my crease below left breast to match the right and that has been the only discomfort there. I am 21 days today and still do not have an appetite and swell the majority of the day. I still get very tired very easy but overall I am so happy I did this. If you have any questions feel free to ask, I know I left out alot. Happy healing ladies and may the Good Lord bless all of you on your journeys!

Looking fabulous
Ugh dont feel fabulous, I hope I end up with a waist at some point. I feel very boxy. How are you feeling?
I feel very boxy too.. I'm with ya I don't feel any curves coming my way or total flatness! I look boxy in my CG but I posted a pic of it anyhow... Feeling ok just worried about a spot that is seeping a little nothing major just think my CG has been to right an it needs to breathe a little...

Ding dong, my last drains gone!

Yea I just left my ps and I am drainless! This one hurt, omg! First one was painless. I am cleared for exercise and sex! I feel like a brand new woman! Happy healing and may you all have a fantastic weekend :)

Looking good!
Congrats on the drain free life!!! I'm only a little over a week away! I'm still pretty freaked out about the crazy drains!!! But I'm so ready!!
Glad to hear you are doing so well :-)

4 weeks today

Well I am 4 weeks today...time has gone by fast. This is the waiting game for sure. I dont see much change from last week other than more swelling. My husband and I got away last weekend and it was rough, it was the most I had done since before sx. Had a few cocktails and alot of walking. As each hour went by my back hurt worse and I walked more hunched. I was very afraid when it came time for lovin, but it was great and my husband was very pleased with the new me, 3 weeks of looking but no touching ...poor guy. Anyways I am cleared for spanx and no longer have to wear binder but when at home I actually prefer it. The minute I take it off I swell, the minute I eat, I swell. I did put on a pair of preop jeans and they fit great but my tummy skin is so sensitive everything bothers me. Still super swollen and hard on the flanks, waiting for my waist to arrive, I feel very boxy. Patience , patience. Well ladies I hope you are all healing well and good luck to all of you getting ready to take this wild ride.

Love your result. You're looking more fabulous than ever.
Looking hot lady

pics

Just needed to see comparison pics, hard to see with daily changes.

Thank you for sharing! Looking great. Looking forward to your healing and amazing transformation. ;)
Looking good!

muscles are here

My tummy has been super tender in the MR region. Everytime I sneeze I am left feeling like I did 500 crunches. Funny how I now feel muscles I never had, its very cool. I always knew they were under there somewhere :) I am doing everything for the family again, cooking, cleaning the regular stuff. The only challenge I still have is bathing my 19 year old special needs daughter, it is tough. I go tomorrow for a follow up and I have noticed one little stitch poking out of the end of my incision, its very tiny and I hope its easy to take care of. My left breast is still sore where he extended my natural crease, I suppose this is normal. My ps offers a scar cream , I think it was called biocornium? I could be wrong, It costs $100 but I am not sure if I will purchase it. Ive also lost a total of 15lbs now. Slow going but its going. I just thought id give a small update. Happy healing to all!

you look fab babe thought id come by and see how you are getting on sounds like your healing pretty well im glad and you look great too! xx
Awe thanks love, you are lookin mighty nice yourself!
You are looking amazing!

not much change

Hey all, just thought I would give a small update. I feel as if I am at a stand still with recovery. Still tire very easy and if I do too much I get super sore and my tummy tightens bad. Had a follow up on Friday and all is good. I did purchase the Bicornium for my scar and started it today, I will update pics in a month or so to see if there is any change. As for my figure, it has seriously changed. I fit in all preop clothes but all my shirts look funny because I have boobs now and no bulging belly. My husband took me shopping for new panties and bras at VS and I am a 36 D or DD, it varied on the style. Overall I am very happy I just wish I had more energy. Patience is getting harder at this point, with all the swelling its more like a surprise daily, flat or not flat, I never know. Well here is a pic from Thursday which was 5 weeks. Happy healing all!

pre op to 5weeks

Very nice!!! Your abdo and waist look great and don't worry about the stall. I was a size 12 forever after surgery and then in 2 weeks I lost 2 inches. I was in 12s up to 3 months and then in two weeks I went down to an 8. Hang in there!
thanks my darling keep healing and smiling xx

faja

Ok seriously ladies, how do I get this thing on? What is the trick??? Cant get it on alone at all, waiting for my honey to get home so we can stuff my chunky butt into this thing. I can tell you this, once its on its staying on! Any insider secrets would be great! Do I need to butter my buns to slide this baby on? Wish me luck, I need it :)

Looking good lol don't put any type of lotion on before hand just put up from side to side that should help.
I feel like the little engine that could...I think I can, I think I can, I did!
you look fantastic girl! Omg those FAJAS! lol

6weeks today!

Hey ya'll, not much change. I thought I should update the "ladies" since I never have. I also think i will start updating monthly now unless something major changes. I will continue to follow all of your journeys and pray for everyone to have beautiful outcomes. Good luck loves!

Your tummy is looking good! Nice perky boobs to! :)
Thanks, a work in progress but so worth it!
Twll.me your drive home was ok?!?!? I'm 4.5 hrs from surgery and will drive home day after (I stay overnight in rehab center) I'm so x cited for Tuesday and your pix make.me even more excited!!! Thanks for the great updates hope.mine are as "boring" as yours lol

the swelling gets worse!

Hey ya"ll, so I am in week 7 and I have noticed so many girls writing about still swelling at 2 weeks....well girls it will most likely get worse before it gets better. I wasnt gonna post this week because I really dont have any changes to talk about, well except for a few things. First, still having an issue with my left breast where the crease was lowered, trying to be patient and hope it levels out. Second, my clothes all fit so different...yes this is good but I now have shirts that make me look like a lamp shade..not cute...also due to the fact that pre tummy covered so much I now have much larger thighs, this too is ok. I am just at an awkward phase in this journey I suppose. Accepting a body I never had and learning to deal with the emotional aspects of this recovery. Today I cleaned the kitchen, loaded the dishwasher, washed 7 loads of laundry, changed the bedding, cleaned my bathroom,bathed my daughter, made a homeade, from scratch chicken pot pie and I am officially wiped out and so swollen! This is so frustrating but I have accepted that this is how its gonna go for a few more months. It is all worth it but sometimes we just need to bitch about it. Happy healing all!

it will get better but a visit to your docs to make sure all is well will make you feel better and maybe there is something they can suggest for you or possibly there is a little something going on he can fix, again best wishes
Aww you poor thing :( I've heard women having crazy swelling for two years after the procedure. I'm sure everything is fine and you will get past this. I can't imagine how frustrated you are to be two months out and dealing with this problem. It will get better. Stay strong!! Xoxo
I did go thru a period of time where I was very emotional and swelling a lot, seems like at about week 7 or so, cant say that my stomach felt the way you are describing but best to have checked by your doc as you know your body better than anyone, hope all turns out well and keep us posted !

beyond normal swelling...

So after a week of full on swelling I called my doc and let his PA know that I am getting no relief from the swelling and still alot of discomfort on my right breast. I am having a hard time because one part of me says " oh its normal swelling" then my crazy side says " maybe somethings wrong cuz I have had zero issues" then the scared part says " maybe this is as good as it gets and I had to high of expectations" all I do know is that I cryed out of frustration tonight needing my husband to validate my fears. He agrees that my tummy is very swollen and very hard and he is also concerned. I dont know what it could be. The PA wanted me to come in tomorrow but Reno being a couple hours away I cant go until Friday. If I werent so uncomfortable I wouldnt say a word but I am a bit concerned. Anyone else go thru this?

no change

So I was able to squeeze my new size small spanx over my saddle bags and very snug on my torso, I slept 6 1/2 hrs only to wake up with the same pot belly I went to bed with. I dont know, maybe this is my "flat" but its hard to accept when I have been so much smaller. My swelling is mostly from incision to top of belly button and although numb the sides of bb are very tender, feeling like A bad bruise. Just frustrating, if this is normal thats fine as long as I know its temporary. Guess I will find out Friday and this is just part of this wild ride. Happy healing all!

Just checking in - How are you making out? I'm curious what your PS had to say about the soreness. I hope it's all part of the normal. Be well :)
How was the appt? Hope all is well...thinking of you!
Hey, good luck today! I hope everything goes well at the Docs. I hope he can tell you what's going on and do something to make you feel better. Sending good thoughts your way!

pics from this morning

I am fine.

So I went to my PS on Friday and my tummy swelling is normal, no fluid. The pain is something I am just lucky to experience. I am the one percent if his patients that although numb has pain. Lucky me. My breast needs to be rubbed right at the crease were the pain is to tell my nerves to calm down. Its like I am having an electrical battle going on with all my reconecting nerves. All things I must just wait out. I thank God its nothing major. Thanks for all the kind words and support. I suppose I just continue to wait this out. Happy healing all!

I hear ya on the swelling. Seems it is never ending an I keep asking to keep my strength up to handle the ups an downs. It's going to be normal for a while for me per the PS... Trying to go day by day an wait for the results at 6 months :-)
How's the swelling? How are you feeling?? Hope your feeling better. Mama! Happy thanksgiving!
Well I am wearing my binder again, it seems to help the most. Some moments of flat but not to many. Just learning patience ;) Happy Thanksgiving to you as well! Hope your feeling better.

Feeling good.

So Thanksgiving was officially 9 weeks for me. My swelling has continued but much better than last week. I Had my first "worth it" moment on Thursday when I threw on some jeans and a new striped shirt. I felt great, I felt like " this is how normal feels" My whole life getting dressed was an emotional experience but to put an outfit on and not pick it apart was a victory. I feel more and more confident with each passing day and I am so greatful I was able to get this sx done. I am no super model and still need a lot of hard work put in but for the first time in a very long time, I like who I see in the mirror. Life is good, God is great! Happy healing to all!

Life is good! I am so happy for you. It must be a fantastic feeling to just go "grab some clothes"-and poof! No issues getting dressed--THATS my goal too! I am only 5 weeks post op--when I go back to work (and gotta get dressed everyday) I will be 3 months post op.( I just had bunion sx too-so I tried to overlap the time off work)- fantastic news!!! :0)
This phone and the spelling got me crazy, l hope you put two and two together and figure the words out, lol
I got it love, no worries :)

11 weeks...

Hey loves, I have been super busy and missed last weeks update. Life is pretty much back to normal. I have slowly learned to just accept the swelling and cherish the few short moments of flat. It is still unbelievable at times, like when I am sitting, I no longer feel the need to cover myself. This sx has truly changed me. One thing I did want to mention is that I have ran into several people recently and not one person has noticed or mentioned anything. It seems a bit strange but I suppose its ok, After all I did this for me and no one else. Well I hope everyone is enjoying this journey, it is a wild ride but so worth it!

My doctor actually said in a YEAR I will look awesome. I was like, what??? But, my youngest child is 11, so if I looked like this for 11 years, I guess a year is ok? I don't think I look that different in clothes so I don't really expect other people will notice (unless they knew) but I sure look different out of them! :)
Yes I agree, I walked around like that for a long time so this is way better. Time and patience is the name of the game now.
U look so good. I see I just need to be patient. I knew what I was signing up for, its just diff to actually go through it. Happy healing

holey moley!

Ok so just as I was settling in to this uneventful recovery and only 2 days shy of 3 months I got a curve ball. Yesterday as I was lotioning up belly I noticed a part of my scar was looking purple, I didnt really think anything of it until I start rubbing and my hand is now covered in dark red blood. Ugh wtf???? Must be a blood blister??? Not sure, so I put bactracin on and cover it with a bandaid, a while later I notice my bandaid needs to be changed, and thats when I get a clear view of this hole! What is it? My doc is outa the office today so I text a picture and should hear back tomorrow. Its not drying out at all so that is making me nervous. Anyone else have something like this? And this far into recovery? Its nothing right?

I would put some hydrogen peroxide on it, dry it with sterile gauze and air dry it. I think it's a minor hiccup but best to keep it clean, and dry.
did you speak to docs office about the small hole? hope all is well
You look really good too! And your 2 months post op pic looks just like me now.... I'm so much more swollen now then back a few weeks ago! Thanks for your comment though! Thanks for your updates! Giving me comfort!

spitting stitch???

So I got the call back and my ps thinks it was possibly a spitting stitch, so He called me in two antibiotics, one topical and one oral. That makes me feel better because my fear was infection...surprising this far into recovery but these things happen. Thanks for all the advice and encouragement, you all are fantastic!

Just caught upb with your review. Those small stitches are something!!! Better to happen now than earliest because the roughest part of recovery is over. You look awesome. Most people don't notice our changed bodies because we are pretty layered. Let them catch you on the beach!! MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU!
I spit a stitch early on where it just didn't want to stay in. I ended up with a small hole for about a month of doing small wet dressings then it was healed:-) I have not heard anything either at the 3 month mark....you look amazing girl!!!!!
Im all good now, not a big deal.

13 weeks

Hey loves! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. I am 13 weeks today and my hole is healed and swelling is still in full force. Last night was the worst swelling, I think the small piece of ham really did me in. I am trying new things to control the swelling but other than starving myself nothing really works. I look forward to the day I have zero swelling. My muscles are super tender and my incision is very itchy at times. This is a longer recovery than I ever imagined, but so worth it. I hope everyone is healing well post op and to all of you beginning your journey, the best of luck!!!

Yay for healed holes!! Boo for the swelling :( Question, have you tried getting omitting dairy and bread/pasta for a week? Sometimes these make me bloat like crazy, which is uncomfortable as hell in my new tight stomach!! Just a thought..
yay..good to know the hole has healed! the holey moley was a bit scary.. as for swelling i guess we all have to just ride it out! in my case, i think its fat too ;-) solesister keeps it real ;-) i did eat a bit much at xmas...had 3 parties at home..son's school + my friends + hubby's friends..you get the idea...hope your christmas was great!
Sounds like you're doin ok, 'cept swell hell ;-( Headin in to the countdown to my TT (27 Jan), nerves are pickin up a bit. I think you have done very well, hope I'm as lucky. Happy New Year in your new bod ;-)

happy new YOU!

Hello my lovely RS Sisters, I dont have much change other than my state of mind. I have come to the conclusion that this is as far as my sx will take me, the rest is up to me. Although I havent gained any weight I havent done much to lose any. I am so happy with my results compared to my before but I believe with some work I can get better results. I thank you all for all the support, you are amazing. Happy new year and Happy new you!

Yes swelling just needs to make its mind up!!!!! One day I'm down 3 lbs the next I'm up 5 but that's ok I'm going to focus on working out an being happy I look this good!! I gained 9lbs did To fluid an such but doc says all my fluid went Into my muscle an will take 6 or more months depending on the patient!!! Stay positive an think Of the final results!!!!
Forgot!!!! U r looking awesome sessy girl!!
Hot! That before and after pic-wowza! Looking fantastic. Here's hoping the New year brings less swelling by the day.. :))

spitting stitches

Hey loves, so I am 15 weeks today and spitting more stitches from the incision line, lucky me huh. Other than that no new changes. I hope you all are healing great and good luck to all of you getting ready.

You look amazing! Read all your posts, thanks for the info!
Crap.mi was hoping there'd only be the one hole. Are they healing up fast enough for you..? I hope so. Sorry you're going through this, praying it ends soooon!!
Thanks snowfly, they come and go pretty quickly. More irratating than anything else. You are looking great by the way, how are you feeling?

17 weeks

Hey loves! Just wanted to update. No longer spitting stitches...thank the lord! This week I started working on my abs, I dont feel discomfort while excercising but I do feel it after. I still swell but it seems to be only from the belly button down. I feel very pudgy like I am gaining weight around my middle so its time for me to put the work in. This journey is a wild ride, I havent gone much into the emotional aspects of it but here go's. When you spend your whole life self hating its hard to imagine a day where you look in the mirror and like what you see. I am not perfect and never will be but the fact that I can now "see" myself is a blessing. I did not do this for anyone but myself, it never mattered how others saw me, it mattered how I saw myself. Some may never understand how this could change someone in so many ways but for me it not only changed my apperance but my emotional connection to myself. No one can determine our self worth or make us feel beautiful, it must come from within, and for me this surgery was my first step not my final step towards loving me and accepting my flaws as the beauty that makes me,me. I know we are all on our own journeys and I pray you all get what your looking for. As for me I am finally on my path to finding me. Good luck ladies, we all deserve to be happy :)

Hope you are doing well!!! I go next week for a five month check up an then I'll do an updated post!! Just thinking of u
Awe thanks :) i was wondering how your doing too. Cant wait to read your update. Im ok, gained some weight, boo. I will update soon. Take care :)
Thanks for posting that. I sheepishly told my family doc about the tt. It still hard to tell others that likely wouldn't understand. I never had a prob telling my workout mates.

6.5 months PO

Hey lovely ladies, havent updated in a while. So I have had some ups and downs with the scale. I actually gained 15lbs and now am back down 10. This is not a magic ticket to the perfect body. I am working really hard to get off more weight. Overall Im very happy, no where near bikini ready but still looking forward to the summer. I still swell occasionally but mostly when I am on my feet for a long period of time or eating carbs. My left breast is still sore at the crease and lower than the right. I am not sure if I will revise it down the road. Overall doing well and just wanted to let you ladies in the beginning stages that it does get better just give it time :) happy healling!!!

Thanks for the update. Weight gain or not, you look good. Good for you for losing it again. Boy you are right about no magic pill...we must watch things and stay on track. Continued good progress and thanks for updating. HUGS :-DSuzy
Thank you love! You are looking good yourself :) yes this journey is a long one and I guess I underestimated the life long work I need to do post op. I am still very happy regardless. Big hugs back at ya!!!

almost 9 months PO

Hey all you lovelys! Lots of new mm out here and I have been watching all the beautiful transformations . I can hardly believe almost a year has passed since my mm. I have had a crazy ride with weight gain , starting a new job and dealing with occasional swelling and sore tummy muscles. Everyday is still a work in progress. I will be heading back for round 2 in a few months. I will be getting laser lipo to my full back and arm pit area with waist and possibly some lower belly. I am so happy that I have done this and would do it a hundred times over. The confidence I gained alone was completely worth it. Well thought I'd share a pic from today. Not perfect and never will be but so much happier! Happy healing all!!!

Ok so I am down to 11 weeks what do I need to be doing?????
You look so good and we are always working on ourselves in every aspect!!! Glad to hear you are still glad you did it! I have less than 3 months and I am nervous but excited.
Thanks for the share/update. You hit the nail on the head...we are a work in progress! You look great and the weight will work itself out. Our bodies have to adjust I think...settle in to our new bodies. I am also doing a little revision I think in Oct/Nov, then I'm done. Perfection is not the goal, just a little adjusting/revising of some areas that weren't as visible before. Best wishes and keep up,the AWESOME work! :-DSuzy

Getting there....10 months po

Just thought I'd post a pic of feeling flat. Hope everyone is doing great. I still get a bit sore in my tummy muscles but I also think maybe it's just that I never had them before...happy healing loves!

Wow.....you look great!!
you healed into a really nice shape. I love your breasts!
Reno Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Dahan is amazing! His whole office makes you feel so comfortable. Dr. Dahan is so real and he genuinely cares. I would never go to anyone else, he is my hero!