Regret Getting Breast Implants

I feel it's the biggest mistake of my life. I hate...

I feel it's the biggest mistake of my life. I hate my new look and miss my natural body. The discomfort is everpresent and my back hurts. What a stupid thing to do. I was just fine the way I was.

Life has enough challenges without adding more. Now I have unatural "breasts" and scars, discomfort, and no clothes to wear. I am about a month post op. I wish these things were out of my body.

Problem is not the surgeon, it was my decision.

Hi, I am currently work on Channel 4’s Bodyshockers, presented by Katie Piper. Following on from the enormous success of the first series, we are now in production of series two. The show, made by Remarkable Television, part of Endemol (makers of Supersize vs Superskinny and The House that 100k Built), focuses on the world of body modifications, extreme beauty procedures and cosmetic surgeries and explores the growing trend of ‘reversal treatment’ within it. For series two, we are once again looking for members of the public who wish to either reverse a beauty decision they no longer want or plan on getting a new body modification or cosmetic surgery procedure. With both we are looking for people who are already seriously considering having a procedure to get something done or undone. Are you getting your breast implants surgically removed or made smaller? Or, are you about to get breast implants, a breast lift or any other type of breast surgery? If you’d like to apply for the show, please e-mail bodyshockers@endemoluk.com Many thanks, Sophie
The concern is not offending your surgeon but what you want for you for the long term. As a plastic surgeon I would wonder what happened in the informed consent process that didn't pick up any uncertainty on your part. I am not sure what your plastic surgeon's situation is but there may very well be fees he/she asks you to cover such as OR and anesthesia to remove your implants. You mentioned that you were thinking clearer now so you may consider if you might decide you like the implants after all, it does take some adjusting to. Talk with your plastic surgeon and share your concerns. I'm sure they will guide you to a resolution of some type. I wish you well
Dr. Edwards
Dr. Edwards,

I too want to have them removed...and am only 1 week post op. they do look amazing, I had almost zero down time, I was off pain medication 2 1/2 days after surgery, healing perfectly with no bruising, 330ccs - perfect for my frame. I'm talking with my surgeon tomorrow to explore the option of having them removed sooner rather than later. I need to know the cons of surgery soon after and also the pros to removing them now rather than in 10 years. I was emotional a few days ago but am thinking clearer now and just feel that implants aren't for me. I don't want to offend my surgeon, but how do I communicate clearly that I feel they truly just aren't for me? And yes, I'm aware that i'll have scars to deal with as well as my size A (if that!) chest. At 5'6" 120lbs and clear bill of health, I hope I'm a good candidate to have these removed!
Can u please tell me what you decided? Did u end up removing them? I am now in the same position and struggling with wanting them removed and it's only been 8 days of my post op.
This is a very important conversation to have with the plastic surgeon who performed your surgery and is taking care of you. In general the less time your tissues have stretched the better the chance you will have closer to your pre-operative size. This is an no way a promise or guarantee as to what your breasts will look like but I would have this conversation as soon as possible. I know that you know but you have not allowed enough time to see what your result will look like. Your implants certainly aren't overly large so you may consider waiting for at least 3 months before removing the implants. I hope this helps.
Dr. Edwards
I also regret getting my implants. I got them 7 days ago, and I was originally a 32aa and now I am not sure as I am swollen and have the silicone 225's in. I am wondering if it would be a bad decision to get them taken out? I don't like the way they feel on my body. Also, if I got them out sooner than later would my original breast shape come back to normal?
I have researched breast augmentation for about four years now. Now, finally I have contacted a doctor. I have tubular breast disorder. Even though I am not going for a bigger breast. I just want to fix the disorder, probably with a lift and areola reduction. I think people with normal looking breasts who go under surgery just to get huge breasts are crazy and they will never be happy with their bodies. They need to change their brains, not their breasts.
I'm planning to have BA in Feb 2011 and reading these postings kinda freaking me out. But... what I noticed is that the major issue seem to be the huge step from A to D or DD or those who are already blessed with a natural C cup instead of a simple lift , if necessary they jump to the implant option. As for example,..i'm an AA-A size and wouldn't go anywhere above a full B or in extremes for a regular C cup. If in time I see that I'm not happy with the results and unlikely,..but I decide to have bigger ones I still have the chance to replace them. Girls alike me always dream of nice breasts that we see and never had,..but that doesn't mean we have to ignore the fact that each body is different and not everybody looks good or natural with DDs. On the other hand...a bad communication with the surgeon. Lack of explaining things,.. of being realistic can lead to serious after effects. As for example. A body with a natural A cup will be shocked by a D cup post op result and back pain is almost inevitable. I heard cases where the patient got to an agreement with the surgeon and few weeks later she finds out that during the procedure a larger amount of saline was injected than the discussed one. Read reviews and be careful of how you choose your doc. Yes,.. mistakes, regrets and disappointments can be facts still,..but the chances for a pleasing result are much better if we know indeed what we desire, measure the consequences look and health wise and make that crystal clear to our surgeon.
Well,.. I shared my opinion,might be right or wrong.. guess we'll have to wait till my BA is done, I heal,.. and see if I come back laughing or crying :)
Hope ya'll find a way to be happy with yourselves.
Feb 2012 that is ,..my bad :)
I had breast implants on 2-17-2010, I paid $5,500. I was so depressed, my back used to hurt a lot, it was the biggest mistake I've made!!! I wanted the implants out so bad. I went to see different doctors but all they did was charge me and wouldn't do anything about it. Until I found a great surgeon and he took them out on 3/11/2010. Now I'm so happy without those implants!!! I love myself, I don't need fake stuff in my body!!!!
You had them less then a month? What size did you go to? What was bad about them? Did they feel weird? Did your breast go back to your normal size after? Sorry for all the questions..
Yes, I had them for less then a month. I was a size A and I weight around 115Lbs. I had asked the doctor to get me a size according to my body, but the doctor gave me a size D, which it was a lot of weight for me, plus I felt uncomfortable I felt like it wasn't me. I really did regret getting the implants. I'm back to my old size, and very happy that the nightmare is over. I would not ever put any implants in my body at all any more, I learned the hard way. I love myself just the way God made me.

This are the awesome Doctors who really understood my problem!!! They are awesome!!!! and not expensive!!!
Hankins & Sohn Plastic Surgery
Henderson Office: 9053 South Pecos Road, Suite 3000 Henderson, Nevada 89074
Las Vegas Office: 2150 S. Rainbow Boulevard Las Vegas, NV 89146
Phone: 702-948-7595
Hi china, I remember reading your questions re financing and hoping you didn't get taken for a ride with interest rates, I'm so sorry to hear you hated your implants and they caused you pain. I think you did the right thing in removing them, I'm glad you're happy, healthy and beautiful again. Would you consider writing a review? I think your experience could really help others in the same situation.
Hi. Ive been doing a lot of researching on breast augmentation and implants. I am a 34A and very unhappy with my body. I have always been against implants and being fake. All of a sudden recently, I have been thinking a lot about getting Implants. I really think this is going to be the only thing that will make me happy with myself. Any thoughts? So far the research I have done seems pretty positive. Not a lot of bad things, but I just really want to make sure this is the right thing. Would love to hear any suggestions, comments, stories... Thanks
Hi, I was like you, I was always against implants. And I still went to get breast implants, and it's painful, expensive, and I didn't feel like myself. My best advice is to be happy for what God gave you. We don't need all that fake stuff in our bodies. I am very glad I removed those implants!!! Don't do this, you'll regret it, that's for sure.
I got them done and shortly after, I regretted it ever since. I was depressed for months. I never was self conscious about my body but was just going through a moment in my life when I thought it would be a good thing to get implants. I'm even more self conscious than ever. Please think very long and hard about this. Do your research. Also, think about possibly getting another surgery after as implants may not last forever.
I usually just sleep on my back or sides.
you can feel the implant and it does take some time to get use to but it gets better.
How do the breast implants feel when sleeping on your stomach?
I had breast implants about 11 years ago. It included a lift. To do the lift, the doctor had to go through my nipples. I did not know, or was told, that my breast would now be numb and have no sensation. If I do feel something, it is like needles going through my skin. I also cannot sleep on my stomach, which I used to. I was a 36AA, now a 36DD. I did it so I would not be so flat. Today I would rather be flat then have no feeling. Although my husband supported me and I looked better in clothes, it was not worth it. I should have just been grateful for the body God blessed me with. If someday they cause me a problem, they can go. I won't miss them.
I had mine done three weeks ago. I hate them. My left was droopy when i took my bandages off two days after surgery. My doc said it has dropped already!!! I thought this took months. I look deformed. My right is nice, round, high. My left looks saggy and just bigger than what it was before i had them done. I had a donut lift with aug. 250 in left and 280 in right. I also feel they are too big. I have expressed how unhappy I am to my surgeon and he wants me to give it time. My areola are still at the bottom of my breast. I wanted just an uplift but he said i would be flat. I liked my B cups just wanted some volume. I believe i do want them out but if he keeps telling me to give it time and the longer i wait I am afraid the worse they will look afterward. It took me 5 years to save up for this surgery and a week after my surgery I got laid off work. I'm having the worst time with this. Very depressed.
Great. I'm glad to hear it. Dr Edwards
The decision to undergo breast surgery is a very personal one. When and how you tell your daughters, if you do, varies from woman to woman. You are early in your recovery and there will be changes as time passes. The moderate profile implants are wider than high profile with your smaller frame but give it time and stay in close touch with your plastic surgeon. Dr Edwards
Thanks for your reply. I'm feeling better. I guess post-op depression is real. :) My daughters already know, as they are 12 and 9. As long as we have open communication, I'm sure they'll be fine if/when they have self image issues of their own. My implants are settling and look much more normal than they did a week ago. I will give it more time!
I am 6 days post-op, and cried my eyes out for the first time today. I wore a 34B bra, even though I measured an A cup, and got 329 cc's in the right and 371 cc's in the left to even them out. WHY did I do this? I have two young daughters and I feel guilty about the message I am sending to them. I'm only 5'2 and I feel fat with these big things on my chest. I was fine before, and don't suffer from low self esteem, I just wanted to fill out some of the cute tops in the stores. I didn't think it through enough. I know they are supposed to settle with time, but right now, I feel foolish.