Tummy Tuck Scheduled for Apri 30th. - Redmond, WA

Two years ago I lost 80 pounds. I have been 125...

Two years ago I lost 80 pounds. I have been 125 pounds for the last two years, which I'm happy with, but have not been able to lose the stomach flab. I decided to do the TT a few months ago. I picked Dr. Rand because he is professional and compassionate and has glowing reviews from the local medical community. And from this site as well.

One day to go and I am getting nervous. I was...

One day to go and I am getting nervous. I was doing math story problems to distract myself, not because I like them but because they take a lot of concentration. However, my answers for the last three story problems were “who cares”, “no really, who cares?” and “the three things in life I’m sure of are death, taxes, and that I care nothing for story problems”. I’ve decided to switch to housework to distract myself.

It's been a few weeks. Everything went well, not...

It's been a few weeks. Everything went well, not a lot of pain. I'm swollen still by about four inches on my waist. Yes, I measured. :-) Mostly I am taking it easy, getting a walk in everyday not pushing it. The scars look fine, very thin. I will try to post pictures later, I haven't figured out how to do that yet. :-). My doctor and his office have been great with the follow up. If you're thinking of a TT and live in Western Wa, I would recommend him. Very happy with his work. I intend to have a breast lift with him later this year.

Finally figured out how to post my before pictures...

Finally figured out how to post my before pictures. I will be taking my after pictures later tonight and post them as well. I am five weeks out from my TT. No problems, just get a little tired in the middle of the day, but no pain, scars are healing nicely. I had the greatest moment yesterday. I was wearing jeans and a black t-shirt that went just to about an inch past my waistline. I was walking towards a mirror and decided to swing my hips a little. I swear I looked like something out of the movies - it looks so good to have gotten rid of all that fat in the middle of my body. No muffin top, instead I have a 25 inch waist. I loved every second of it. Well, until I realized a couple of women were watching me and I am sure thought I was very weird. :-)
Seattle Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Rand is excellent - lots of good feedback from others. He is kind, professional and very involved. He's also good at explaining what to expect.

Can't wait to see more pics! Looking good. Ive been set on a tt/BA and Dr R was on my consultation list. Was he agressive with lipo? Did you get lipo? Love to hear more. Thx Kathypullin.
Didn't get lipo. I would highly recommend Dr. Rand. I was able to ask tons of questions, review photos, etc. No pressure. I was happy with the results, and have felt from the beginning we were working together to get what I wanted. If you have any specific questions, fire away, more than happy to help you out! :-)
I've been pretty lazy about posting. :-) I will post some tomorrow because the after is pretty amazing!
I only see two before pictures. After ones??
Thank you for the encouragment! everything when well, not too much pain when I got home, just slept lot. I will be posting pictures later on. By the way two helpful hints for people. First, if you have to cough or sneeze, roll your body in a ball, like a potato bug, the pain is far less on your belly. And second, no beef for the first few days, very hard to digest better to eat chicken and fish.

good luck tomorrow! you will be fine! let us know how you are doing!
Congrats on the weight loss and keeping it off. Good luck with your procedure. Looking forward to hearing about your progress.
I work out with a trainer and was a little suprised at the changes she made to my workout for the TT. I thought we would really push with the weight lifting and cardo before the TT because of the no exercise for 6-8 weeks requirement, but she went the other way entirely. She's had a few clients who've had TTs and her approach is to back down one the workouts starting two weeks before the TT. This is to make sure the body isn't stressed (in recovery) before major surgery. We're doing 30 minute low impact cardio only for this week. I've dropped my calories down somewhat to ensure I don't start gaining weight. So far no issues.