On the Flat Side, with an Avelar Tummy Tuck - Rancho Mirage, CA

Hi all, I am ready to tell my story. I am 49, soon...

Hi all, I am ready to tell my story. I am 49, soon to be 50, 5'6'' 164lbs. I joined the flat side on 8/30/2012 and I am 10 days post op, It was worth it, I started by learning a friend was having a TT done and needed help after surgery, so being a great friend I was there for her. So when my Mom saw here a few weeks later she was amazed and said I needed a TT. So off I went to have a consult with the same Dr. my friend used. Dr. Lombardo is great, I booked my TT for 8/30/12 and have not looked back. The day of surgery I was nervous but as soon was fast asleep during the procedure, woke up feeling tired but no pain and went home to my own bed.

Drained all night, I had a no drains, just holes in pubic area. I was very happy not to have drains, I slept ok but had to pee every hour and getting up was not easy. The next morning I was feeling sore but knew this would be the worst day. I had my 1st post op appointment and it went well, Dr. Lombardo was very happy I was walking upright and said I can shower. Day 3 was the day I realized the pain killers were making me stoned, so I stopped taking them and was able to read, and understand what I was reading. ON 8/6/12 I had my 2nd post op appointment and was told I can start walking a mile, so I now walk every morning with my husband. As for BM take lots of stool softners, I took 4 in the am and 4 in the pm, I finally Pooped on day 3 and it hurt worse than my TT, do not sneeze, that will kill you,

At day 8 was a turning point for me, I had lots of energy was board and not much pain unless I sneezed. I am doing great, now at 10 days post op and am not swelling bad yet, and getting back into life, I wish you all great speedy healing!

10/11/2012, I can not believe my energy level, I...

10/11/2012, I can not believe my energy level, I think its from the Vits. and eating whole foods, I drink 32oz of lemon water everyday and a powerade zero. I was so worried about not healing well being older but have a great Dr. that has been very helpful and caring.
I get flatter everyday, but am waiting for swell hell to hit, if I stayed this way I would be thrilled, but Dr. says I am still swollen and will end up about a size 8, I am doing back flips, I was that size when I got married, I was a size 14 before TT and now I am in a 10, so Ladies, be patient, and take that stool softener, I just started taking Bromelin and I think that is helping with swelling, so maybe that might hold of swell hell! happy healing and it is soooo worth it : ) soon I will add before and after photos
Thank you, I went through a lot of the same things the others went through, I was very concerned, my friend ended up with 2 blood clots and an infection in her incision. That really gave me cold feet, I was also concerned about being older and wanted to also have a breast reduction at the same time, but Dr. Lombardo thought it would be safer to not do them together, heal from TT, then deal 6 weeks later have BR, I so I am having BR on 10/08. Take it slow, take your vits. eat very healthy and do what your Dr. says to do and you will be fine. I wish you the best healing and remember every day gets better, on day four after your TT you will not believe how much you will have improved!

Welcome to the community:)

:). Thanks

9/12/12 Swell hell has come to visit, this is my...

9/12/12 Swell hell has come to visit, this is my 3rd crazy active busy day, but its not hurting me which is a good thing. My husband said he can not tell, which is also a good thing. I do have a upper back ache from my big breast not in a bra but in a spanx cami that does not give me the support I need. I can not wait for BR, even called PS to see if I can get a earlier date, no she is booked, so I have to hall this rack around for a few weeks more. Happy healing!
Thanks, I am so excited and scared at the same time.
Dr. Maria Lombardo

Dr. Lombardo was referred to me by a friend that checked out every PS in the Coachella Valley. She was great with my friend and I am very pleased with what she did for me. She is very talented and I also have a BR booked on 10/08/2012 with her!