Diary of my Augmentation and Lift - Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I am 31 years old and have two boys who are 11 and...

I am 31 years old and have two boys who are 11 and 9 years old (I started young, lol). I breast fed my first son for 20 months and my second son for 12 months. I have been a teacher for 5 years now and try to stay very active and fit. I haven't always wanted a breast augmentation because I was a 36DD in high school and while I breast fed. Gravity takes a toll and when I lost about 15-20 lbs, my girls shrunk too, showing off not only my newly saggy breasts but my stretch marks as well. No matter how much I work out, my breasts remain the same, of course.
I want the augmentation so that I can be full chested again and I need the lift because of the 32 months (in total) of breast feeding. I am currently a small 34D and I am getting 450cc's ( I asked for 420 but since it's under the muscle, the doctor adds 30 cc's).

Good luck with everything!! hopefully your doctor prescribed you want more medication than my dr..... only prescribe me five Vicodin so I was in a lot of pain. Something that I forgot to do before his surgery wear loose clothing not yoga pants, too hard to pull up. have meals in easy to open containers unless u have someone there with you at all times.
How many days off work did you take? Let me know if you've any questions ....I will be glad to help:-)
Thank you. My surgery is on 6-8-12, this Friday morning! I am just trying to keep a log of anything that may be helpful to other women before their "big day."

Good for you for breastfeeding all that time! But I know it does a number on your breasts. You're beautiful now, I can only imagine how you'll look post-op. Please keep us in the loop. When is your surgery?

SO tomorrow if my breast aug and lift at 7:45 am....

SO tomorrow if my breast aug and lift at 7:45 am. My consultant said I will be there approximately 5 hours (2 and a half hrs for surgery).
I just got home from taking my boys to their grandparents house. My mom made me some post op homemade chicken noodle soup, so I'm good to go :)
I am disinfecting bathrooms, kitchen, doing laundry, changing bedding, etc. I want to come home to a clean, sanitary environment.
A firend of mine let me borrow a few shirts that button down to make it easier on myself during recovery. My fiance will appreciate that. He has been so supportive through everything and is even doing many hrs of over time til 1:30am tomorrow.
I am super excited but kind of nervous because I have never been put under anesthesia and only know what to expect based on what I've researched and heard from friends. Another concern of mine that I confirmed with my consultant was when to put my compression thigh highs on. She said first thing tomorrow morning to put them on and wear them there. Good to know.
Well, I will update more info. and download some "after" pix in a day or so. Cross your fingers, pray, meditate, do whatever you have to do to wish me a safe surgery and recovery. Thanks you guys! :)

I hope your doing well!
Sending positive energy. My doc had me iimmediately hooked me up to a machine tht massaged my legs or something... Along With compression stockings (they provided).

It might take you a few days to realize how gorgeous your new tata's are. As soon as you realize that you will be walking on air!
Walking on air sounds great...Hopefully sooner than later. I love going to the gym too, as you said in your posts and so I made sure to do lots of chest workouts on Monday. I can't wait to get back in the swing of things after surgery. :)

Had my surgery and I feel pretty good! Yesterday I...

Had my surgery and I feel pretty good! Yesterday I had an hr and half trip home so the car ride was no fun, but after I got home I took lots of meds. I am VERY swollen but have already started some breast exercises. My doc wants me to do it everytime I use the restroom. I am going to post some pix but beware because they are huge, loppy, and swollen. :/ My girls will get there soon enough. :)

Hello JJ, you look great! I understand how you feel about getting back to the gym! I'm back now but taking it easy! I had a lift and implants April 3rd. I don't want to mess up the new girls! Thanks for sharing your story, can't wait to see the rest of your journey.
Wow, you look great already. I am new on this wonderful site. I am waiting till it's my turn the end of summer. Your surgeon did a great job, I looked him up after seeing your results. I would have to travel, but judging from your pix so far it seems worth it. I wish you a great smooth recovery.

It is now Tuesday, 4 days after surgery. I can...

It is now Tuesday, 4 days after surgery. I can finally sleep through the night, I am taking less pain killers, and have my 1 week follow up this Thursday. He will replace the Steri-strips and let me know how I'm doing. I feel very good. The only nagging thing that will hopefully go away soon, is the stretching sensation in my clevage. I put lotion on my clevage and around my breasts 4-5 times a day so that I won't get any more stretch marks. I can lift my arms no problem but I'm not sure if I am supposed to keep my arms immobilized for a while. It doesn't hurt so I'm unsure.???
My fiance has been amazing! Without him, I'd be doing poorly. He calls to remind me to take my meds and even insists on washing my hair for me (it's very long-down to my bottom). It's nice having his support. I wonder how long I can work this...LOL.
My mom stayed with me Sunday evening and we went shopping on Monday for an hour. I drove just fine but the store is literally 2 miles from here. I started feeling kind of dizzy after walking around in the store for a while so we came home. She taught me how to knit and crochet so that's getting me through this time as well.
My main concern now, is not having a bowel movement. I haven't gone since the day before my surgery (last Thursday). Not sure if it's the meds or anethesia, but it's annoying. I have taken laxatives twice now and nothing. If you have any suggestions, I would love to hear them :)

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

One thing that I forgot to put in my very first...

One thing that I forgot to put in my very first review was how I knew what size I wanted to be in the end result. My consultant told me to put 12 ounces (measure in a measuring cup) of bird seed or rice in the foot of a nylon stocking and tie a knot in it. Make 2 per size of course. Place them inside your sports bra and walk around with them. Then try 13 ounces, then 14 oz, etc.(you'll need a few pair of panty hose for this experiment)...12 ounces= 360ccs. 13 ounces= 390. 14 ounces= 420ccs. (the pattern is for every Ounce=30 ccs) I liked the way 14 oz looked so I asked for 420ccs. The doctor added 30ccs because they were going under the muscle. So now I have 450 ccs in both breasts and I am very happy. I think that this idea is amazing. You all should try it!

I think we got the same bras from our docs. Your new tata's look fab! Great shape and I luv the size. That bra does not cover headlights so I had to get a padded bra for work. I got Macy's barely there.

I take miralax every day of the year,, doctor recommended, and I never ever have a problem going potty. U might grab some

I could not accurately trust augmentation size in advance since the doc removes so much tissue.. And doc does not know how much will be removed in advance erc. I am very happy with my size, a D cup is tight, may be DD now, not positive

Rest up!
Sounds like we'll have to be very patient. My fiance is a body builder and it kills me to see him after a workout. I was his workout partner and love doing chest, bi's and tri's. Well it's worth the wait. And i see women with implants working out all the time so they had to go through it too. We'll survive! FitLuv- does ur doc say take it easy or push past the pain seeing as how ur 10 weeks post-op...?
I know....I workout with my fiance too and I cant stand not being able to squat - hah. I just did the exercises I listed above 5 sets of 12...it wiped me out though because it has been a month of not working out. Trying to be patient :)

Yesterday I went to my doc appt. They replaced the...

Yesterday I went to my doc appt. They replaced the steri-tape and showed me some more exercises that I need to do. I have to place my hands on the outside of my breasts and squeeze them together for about 1 min. 4-5 times daily. This will bring them closer together, resulting in more cleavage. :) My doctor said that everything looks great and they even feel a bit soft. I told him that I have been doing the fist under breast and pull up exercise about every hour or two and he said that was too much. He said 4-5 times a day, at the most. I guess I was being an overachiever, lol. So the appt. went well. I go back next week to get my stitches removed. Most the sititches were inside and will dissolve as time goes on.
He said to continue to take it easy and listen to your body. He said max lifting of anything is 10lbs. Good to know. I can lift my arms above my head no problem and made sure to ask if that was ok or should I stabolize my arms and move less. He said that was fine.
OH, and I finally had a bowel movement 2 days ago and each day since!!! LOL. I wanted to send my fiance a pic of it but thought not to cuz that's just bizarre...hahaha. Anyway, I finally felt less bloated and normal again so I was happy. I took Laxaclear, which is generic for Miralax, for 3 days and it finally worked.
The doctor also said that I can now find a cloth like supportive bra with NO underwire. I bought 2 sportsbras and showed him them yesterday. He said they were not very supportive under the breasts but I could sleep in them because they were tight enough. He said I need to find a bra that has a thick band that goes under my bust to hold the girls up. Make sense :)

Hey there, do you have any updates? They looked great...would love to see how they turned out!
Nice results. Do you have any updated pics?
Thanks for your story. I'm glad everything worked out so well for you. I'm having an augmentation and lift in one week. I'm going back to my dr on Monday to double check the size of implants I want, I'm having second thoughts about the 550cc's I picked out. I'm alittle nervous about the pain I'll have after surgery and of course the results of the surgery. You made it sound like it wasn't so bad. Thanks for that.
Dr. Haivay

My doctor, nurses, and anethesiologist were ALL excellent. Wasn't even nervous going in at all. I recommend Dr. Haiavy to anyone who lives in the Inland Empire in So Cal. Amazing experience. :)