botched lipo job, twice - Raleigh, NC

I was 29 when I got lipo done, I wasn't overweight...

I was 29 when I got lipo done, I wasn't overweight but have 2 kids so there was just some areas that needed help. I had my lower abdomen, posterior and lateral flanks, and inner thighs done. The only difference I saw was that I did loose like 2 inches in my waist but my shape was still the same, he didn't smooth or shape anything and left a lump in my inner thigh (guess he missed it) and a dent on my left posterior flank, I still had rolls they were just smaller now. im 5,2 and weighed 115lb at the time of surgery so its not like I had unrealistic expectations. I saw him every 3 months at my post op appts and he told me I was swollen all over which Is why I looked the same and had lumps and we would evaluate in a year. A year passed and he re did the surgery. While he was drawing on me he seemed irritated, he drew on the wrong spot and I pointed out that the lump was further up. He said, "I know what I'm doing." After the surgery I was left not only with a lump in my inner thigh but a dent also from suctioning the wrong spot. He also totally missed the dent on my side, so my stomach is lopsided now. I went to a few post op appts but he kept telling me I was swollen. So I asked him to do it again but he said there was nothing else he could do, I was born with those lumps and dents that I didn't have before surgery. He is the worst ever and left me disfigured and didn't even care,
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

I saw your before pics and you tummy looked bad. He should give you a refund for having to go through the pain of surgery with him twice and horrible results.
Some type of refund would be great! I'm glad you got to see my ugly lipo pictures, And read this review. Dr fisher will tell you the truth, no empty promises but you will still feel Confident you chose him and that you are going to look amazing.
So sorry. Thanks for posting so nobody else goes to him.
He does very nice implants, but not lipo. He is not aggressive at all. You are better off trying to lose the weight yourself. If you want real lipo, they do a fabulous job in Miami.
Wow, I cant believe I read another story that their surgeon seemed irritated, as you call it. I find that so many plastic surgeons are so egotistical. I have no idea why they have a huge ego when they do not know how to do these procedures, and give patients more than poor results, they botch the surgery, and patients often blame themselves for such atrocities. Sorry you are dealing with this. If you didn't know most surgeons say to wait a year depending where you are located to halt you from suing. Statute of limitation is for a year in some states.
I had it done with Morea in 2011, recently he offered to redo the procedure for me but could not guarantee I would be happy with my results. I felt to him, the areas were minor but I went to Miami last week and had it redone and that surgeon knew what I wanted. I had a list of the areas that were lumpy, depressed or uneven and he was able to spot them all. He did an amazing job. I will post pictures after the bruising and swelling go down
@flaca I'm thinking about fisher also gd luck & can't wait to see ur results.
Did you decide on fisher yet ?
I'm so sorry to hear that...
We have confidence in our doctors and then one does not do the job promised. Shame on them.
I'm sorry you did not get the results you wanted after two surgeries, that has to be so discouraging.  Are you looking into having another revision with a different surgeon, or are you content enough to live with the existing situation?  Welcome to the Community.
I am finally having it fixed in Miami in May, he did a friend of mine too which is why I chose him. I will post pictures after I see him.
Nice that you know someone who went to him.  Sending you positive vibes.