Very Painful - but Results at Three Weeks! -Raleigh, NC

Today was three weeks since my CoolSculpting...

Today was three weeks since my CoolSculpting treatment and I am already seeing results on my stomach. I am not seeing much on my love handles yet. I plan to update this review monthly...lets hope the results keep getting better!

Some background on me – I’m 34, 5’7, 135 pounds. I eat well and workout almost daily, but two pregnancies have left a “belt” of pudge around my midsection that won’t go away. I saw an ad for Coolsculpting, and after doing research and reading all of these reviews, I figured it was worth a shot.

Coolsculpting Day
I decided to have my lower abdomen done with the large applicator and my love handles done with the regular applicators. I did the lower abdomen first, and then I was able to do the two love handles at the same time, with one machine on each side.
With the lower abdomen, I was immediately taken aback by how strong the suction was. I’m not a large person, so the machine was able to even take some skin above the belly button. Once the cooling began, it was uncomfortable, but it subsided after about six minutes as the area numbed. The hour went by relatively quickly, thanks to my iPhone. When the technician pulled the unit off, I had a perfect “stick of butter.” I’ll be honest, it was scary looking. She massaged the area, breaking up the ice crystals, and that was uncomfortable. But what really hurt was the next 10 minutes as my body began to “thaw” out. It was a horrible cramping sensation…almost like a strong 10-minute labor contraction. But once it was over, it was over. My love handles were more comfortable during the hour session than my abdomen was. However, when those were massaged and thawed, I thought I was going to die. The pain was so intense, I literally got into the fetal position and just rocked. I didn’t know what else to do. But just like the abdomen, after 10 minutes, it was all over. My doc has what’s called a vibration table…it looks like a doctor’s scale that you stand on, and it vigorously shakes you for 10 minutes. I used it after my session, and he recommends coming back every week for three more weeks to use it (no charge, of course, otherwise I wouldn’t have done it).

Post-Coolsculpting. Days 1-4
Swelling around my midsection, which is no surprise. However, not much pain. I’ve been taking Tylenol and been fine. But from what I hear, the pain could be around the corner.

Day 5
Woke up to a crampy, burning sensation. I called the doc’s office and they called in a prescription for a nerve blocker for me. Started taking it and it seemed to help.

Days 6-7
Still taking the nerve blocker (and OTC meds) and feeling some pain, although it is tolerable.

Day 8
Couldn’t hardly sleep. Even with the nerve blocker, I’m feeling stabbing-type pain. I hope this is the worst of it.

Day 9
I think Day 8 was the worst. Feeling better today.

Day 10
Pain is very mild

Day 11
Stopped nerve blocker today. I feel fine. Swelling has subsided significantly…I think I am noticing a difference.

Three weeks
I am definitely noticing a difference in my stomach pooch! It has flattened down beautifully! If it looks this good at three weeks, I can’t wait for three months! I have not noticed much of a difference on my love handles. Of course, it is still too early to make a determination.

It's been about five weeks now since Coolsculpting...

It's been about five weeks now since Coolsculpting my lower abs and my love handles. My stomach pooch is just about gone. I couldn't get another procedure done here...not enough pinchable fat. I am now noticing my love handles going down. Less pinchable fat in this area. I am so happy with the results thus far!! If my stomach were to stay as is, I would be very satisfied...but it's still early, so there may be a little more shrinking to go. My love handles still have a little ways to go. There's still some muffin top over my pants...but still much better than before!

Two months - elated with the results

It's been a little over two months and I am so happy with my results. My stomach is flat, and the love handles have definitely gone down. Of course, I should count my blessings, but I would love for the love handles to go down a little bit more. Also, please keep in mind, that my diet and exercise have stayed the same. So I believe I can attribute these results to Coolsculpting.

Final pics are in!

A little more than three months after the procedure, I took my "after" shots at the doctor's office. They emailed them to me today and I am shocked by the results. I knew for sure that my abdomen was better (My lower stomach sort of resembled doggie jowls)...and after just a few weeks it started to flatten out. I was not that sure about my love handles. I guess because the change was so gradual, I didn't realize how dramatic it was overall! I am so pleased! Although painful, I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Overall, I think I was the ideal candidate for this procedure. I was not really overweight by any means. I had stubborn, post-baby pudge that I could not get rid of. I exercised and ate relatively well before the procedure, and I still do the same now. I'm thrilled that those fat cells are dead and gone!
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Great post!! Thanks for sharing. I go in next week for my first session on lower ab. I hope my results are as good as yours. :)
Hi there. I am considering this treatment. I have spoken to 2 plastic surgeons about liposuction (who don't do this) and neither have encouraged me. They both said that I have more loose skin than fat but my abdomen definitely looks like it has some fat in there. After having a child at 40, I have this new "roll" around my middle. I can easily pinch 3 inches. My weight hasn't changed since before baby (around 118 lbs and 5'4) but I definitely have an issue around my abdomen and on sides. Did you have any loose skin before the procedure and if so, did you have any issues with this skin being more loose afterwards.
I'm just curious if you saw more change in the first and second months after your treatment, or if there was more change between the second and third month? I am trying to decide if I will want to do a second treatment at two months
Hi If your still out there!!?? I just had the lower ab done (double stacked) and two smaller on the sides of my belly button. I am not overweight, just started to delevop the pooch in recent years. I am only on day 6 but man it is like I have a hard beer belly! Or like I am 6 + months PG!! It is very very slowly subsiding, but boy I hope this works! Did anyone else experience this intense swelling?? I just can't believe it!
I had my lower abs done last winter and for a couple days it looked like i was 6 months pregnant. Just last week i had the area on either side of my belly button done and have felt vey swollen for a couple of days now. It seems to be subsiding. Based on my experience. With the abs, i think the more it swells the better the results....just my opinion.
Did you happen to notice if your skin got any firmer after the treatments? I'm just curious about skin retraction
In my case, my skin did not get firmer. Pinching my skin, I would say it's a little looser (which makes sense, I guess, since the fat that was underneath there is gone). For me the looser skin is not a problem...it doesn't hang or anything...but this may be because I didn't have a huge amount of fat to begin with. Others' experiences may be different. Sorry I can't be of more help!
I go tomorrow for my 3 month photos. My husband says he notices a diference and I do on my lower abs but not sure on my flanks at all.
Hi Phillygirl! You might be surprised. I couldn't tell that much difference in my flanks day to day, probably because the change was so gradual. That's why my 3-month doctor pics blew me away. Seeing the pictures it was obvious that there was dramatic change. Without the photos, I would have said that there was only a little change.
You look amazing! I had my lower abdomen done about a month ago, and after seeing your pics, am thinking I need to go back and have my flanks done, too. It's amazing how much that "side fat" sticks out once the tummy is flattened out a bit. Did you experience much swelling when you had your flanks done? We're going on a beach vacation in a couple of weeks, and I don't want to be swollen in a bathing suit! Thanks.
Thanks so much! Yes, I did have some swelling on my love handles for about a week, but it wasn't too bad. My flank fat felt a lot denser than my belly fat to begin with. It also took longer to see results in my flanks. But so worth it in the end! Good luck!!
You look fantastic!!! Congratulations! I'm on Day 3 and I hope I have great results like yours.
Thanks for your kind comment! I hope it works for you too! As I told other posters, I massaged my treated area every night for the first two months (just for about five to ten minutes). No one told me to, and I have absolutely no proof that it is responsible for my good results, but I know it definitely didn't hurt them.
Did you wear a compression garment? I've read some folks get them but I didn't get one.
My doc did give me a compression garment. I wore it for the first few days but then I ended up just switching to spanx because I thought the garment was uncomfortable. I stopped wearing the spanx after two weeks. It seems the different docs have different feelings about whether or not a compression garment is even necessary.
Thx so much for your replies! I'm going to wear my spanx. My belly just feels likes it's jiggling and swishing all over the place. Strange feeling.
You look fantastic! Hope I get a similar result, I'm only one week post my treatment and already feel a lot flatter around the lower abdomen.
Thanks so much! Here's to hoping you get great results too! Just FYI, I massaged the treated area every night for two months. I have absolutely no proof that this did anything at all, but it can't hurt.
Hi I have a question. Now I am approaching 7 weeks on my procedure, and I do see results, but not the overall results that I want! Now my question to you is did you see a noticeable difference from when you were at 7 weeks to your results today? Also towards the final weeks and months does the change become rapid?
I definitely saw more results post 7 weeks, particularly in my love handles. I think the changes were pretty gradual. My guess is that you have more fat loss to come. I don't know if this had any effect or not (no one advised me to do it) but I massaged the treated area every night for about five minutes. Just while watching TV, I would knead the fat. Again, no one suggested it to me, but I figured if there were dead fat cells in there, maybe I could help move them along :).
I'm amazed by your three month photos. Have you noticed a difference in how your clothes fit or had any significant changes in weight? It looks like you have dropped several pounds.
Thanks so much! I've actually only lost two pounds, but my clothes fit a lot better. I can wear my fitted shirts again without a ring of bulge peeking through.
Hi! Thanks for the review and for also posting photos. I am very interested in having this done on my belly and love handles as well. I was just wondering if your dr recommended more than 1 treatment per area?
Thanks so much! My dr's office told me that based on my build and the amount of fat I started with that I should wait the full three months before considering another treatment. Now that I have, it is clear that I do not need additional treatments. I imagine they give different advice to people who may be starting with more fat than I did.
I think you are getting great results from your treatment. I probably have more fat than you though *sigh*. I want to get a tummy tuck but I've wondered if this would held much if I tried this before going that route. I had a consult whet the dr told me if he liposuction my flanks that they might not snap back so I'd be left with squishy loose skin, gross I know! I am hoping that the treatment would allow my skin to retract over a period of time and not end up being so loose.