Very Painful - but Results at Three Weeks! -Raleigh, NC

Today was three weeks since my CoolSculpting...

Today was three weeks since my CoolSculpting treatment and I am already seeing results on my stomach. I am not seeing much on my love handles yet. I plan to update this review monthly...lets hope the results keep getting better!

Some background on me – I’m 34, 5’7, 135 pounds. I eat well and workout almost daily, but two pregnancies have left a “belt” of pudge around my midsection that won’t go away. I saw an ad for Coolsculpting, and after doing research and reading all of these reviews, I figured it was worth a shot.

Coolsculpting Day
I decided to have my lower abdomen done with the large applicator and my love handles done with the regular applicators. I did the lower abdomen first, and then I was able to do the two love handles at the same time, with one machine on each side.
With the lower abdomen, I was immediately taken aback by how strong the suction was. I’m not a large person, so the machine was able to even take some skin above the belly button. Once the cooling began, it was uncomfortable, but it subsided after about six minutes as the area numbed. The hour went by relatively quickly, thanks to my iPhone. When the technician pulled the unit off, I had a perfect “stick of butter.” I’ll be honest, it was scary looking. She massaged the area, breaking up the ice crystals, and that was uncomfortable. But what really hurt was the next 10 minutes as my body began to “thaw” out. It was a horrible cramping sensation…almost like a strong 10-minute labor contraction. But once it was over, it was over. My love handles were more comfortable during the hour session than my abdomen was. However, when those were massaged and thawed, I thought I was going to die. The pain was so intense, I literally got into the fetal position and just rocked. I didn’t know what else to do. But just like the abdomen, after 10 minutes, it was all over. My doc has what’s called a vibration table…it looks like a doctor’s scale that you stand on, and it vigorously shakes you for 10 minutes. I used it after my session, and he recommends coming back every week for three more weeks to use it (no charge, of course, otherwise I wouldn’t have done it).

Post-Coolsculpting. Days 1-4
Swelling around my midsection, which is no surprise. However, not much pain. I’ve been taking Tylenol and been fine. But from what I hear, the pain could be around the corner.

Day 5
Woke up to a crampy, burning sensation. I called the doc’s office and they called in a prescription for a nerve blocker for me. Started taking it and it seemed to help.

Days 6-7
Still taking the nerve blocker (and OTC meds) and feeling some pain, although it is tolerable.

Day 8
Couldn’t hardly sleep. Even with the nerve blocker, I’m feeling stabbing-type pain. I hope this is the worst of it.

Day 9
I think Day 8 was the worst. Feeling better today.

Day 10
Pain is very mild

Day 11
Stopped nerve blocker today. I feel fine. Swelling has subsided significantly…I think I am noticing a difference.

Three weeks
I am definitely noticing a difference in my stomach pooch! It has flattened down beautifully! If it looks this good at three weeks, I can’t wait for three months! I have not noticed much of a difference on my love handles. Of course, it is still too early to make a determination.

It's been about five weeks now since Coolsculpting...

It's been about five weeks now since Coolsculpting my lower abs and my love handles. My stomach pooch is just about gone. I couldn't get another procedure done here...not enough pinchable fat. I am now noticing my love handles going down. Less pinchable fat in this area. I am so happy with the results thus far!! If my stomach were to stay as is, I would be very satisfied...but it's still early, so there may be a little more shrinking to go. My love handles still have a little ways to go. There's still some muffin top over my pants...but still much better than before!

Two months - elated with the results

It's been a little over two months and I am so happy with my results. My stomach is flat, and the love handles have definitely gone down. Of course, I should count my blessings, but I would love for the love handles to go down a little bit more. Also, please keep in mind, that my diet and exercise have stayed the same. So I believe I can attribute these results to Coolsculpting.

Final pics are in!

A little more than three months after the procedure, I took my "after" shots at the doctor's office. They emailed them to me today and I am shocked by the results. I knew for sure that my abdomen was better (My lower stomach sort of resembled doggie jowls)...and after just a few weeks it started to flatten out. I was not that sure about my love handles. I guess because the change was so gradual, I didn't realize how dramatic it was overall! I am so pleased! Although painful, I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Overall, I think I was the ideal candidate for this procedure. I was not really overweight by any means. I had stubborn, post-baby pudge that I could not get rid of. I exercised and ate relatively well before the procedure, and I still do the same now. I'm thrilled that those fat cells are dead and gone!
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon