Tattoo Removal of Flower on Shoulder - Queensland, AU

This is a picture from after 1 treatment.I was...

This is a picture from after 1 treatment.I was told it would fade the ink blues greens, red, and black will go. Can't remember what lazer but it was okay. 2010 . The tattoo was only 8months itself i hated it after i got it. :-(.

So iv been waiting 2years hiding this tattoo from friends family .can't go swimming can't wear singlets .iv been wanting to wear dress for 2-3 years now it makes me so sad! I can never come home and plan nice things to wear always just what ever works.

Iv had so many up and down days. From deep depression to lots of hope that i have to be patient.

My main concern now is iv noticed alot of hyperpigmentation around and Im stressing mainly from my last treatment. It has gone down over 1month a bit but is making me panic. Am i going to have a ghost after all this? Do you think it will be a efficient out come? Are here colours fully removable... I recently asked my lazer personel if she knew much about the picosure..she says it does not remove all colours.. Would i be best trying picosure or staying with the ruby lazer??

His is where Im at now

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

please tell me what you advise i should do?

I am going to see a derma specialist on the 14th jan. They do scar removal and have a tattoo removal machine picosure. Iv heard pico eats away blues purple and red like there is no tomorrow? Do you think 2 more treatments with pico sure would eliminate this very faded blue? Thus being the end to my nightmare. My other concern is the damaged tissue at the end of all this will that smooth over settle colour itself again? Or should i stop and get a cover tattoo right now...

Answers please?

photos

Photos to date 5.01.14

Thank you that is very encouraging! It has been a very long time and iv been able to keep it together until now! Its never bovered me to the point of real worrying ect ect about the removal. There are 5 spots of the tinys bit of red lingering at the top of every leaf. So stubburn there was also a orange/yellow to the middle of the flower the centre. That has faded quite alot but is still there. . Wondering if that will come out? And small bits of light coloured green? Iv heard the pigmentation can take 6-months to a year to fully recover and bring its self back! Im worried about depigmentation if its off loss can that be told before my next treatment? The payment side of things doesn't bover me, :-) like you said for my happiness its worth it.
Hey! Welcome along!! Thank you for sharing your story, it's clear to see you've come a very long way, which is encouraging. It looks like your currently left with the final stages, and some troublesome ink that's clinging on!! I've heard that the Picosure laser can be very effective at tackling end stage tattoo removals, that the standard lasers are struggling with, so I reckon it'll definitely be worth a shot - although keep in mind that it's likely to cost more, but can you put a price on your happiness?? I don't think it's particularly effective on reds, but should work well on your remaining colours, I think. With regards to the skin colour change, I think you're referring to hypopigmentation. Hyperpigmentation is when parts of the skin get darker, due to over production of melanin, hypopigmentation is when it gets lighter, due to the laser targetting the melanin in the skin as well as the ink - apparently this happens quite a lot with the Ruby laser. Apparently, in most cases, the skin colour returns steadily, some months after the final treatment, so try not to worry too much about that! The specialist dermatologist should be able to advise properly. Just keep reminding yourself how far you've come and how happy you'll be on completion, and use that as your motivation to spur you on to completion! Be sure to keep us updated, and know that you'll find support here!

before my 9th

Ew skin discolour

Also the raised skin at the end of absolutely everything! ?is this curable with scar lazer or dermabrasion? Also can cylcone sheet flatten and help heal the area when the big wait begins?

today no Sun

Today

Welcome aboard! I hear you on the down days, you're not the only one. Some of the colours on your arm typically take longer than black or red, but it doesn't mean you can't get rid of them; you'll just need to be a little bit more patient. :) Your progress is looking good so far!
You're welcome. Be sure to take all these questions with you when you see the specialist, they should be able to answer them. There are ways to reduce the scarring, massage and scar sheets and things like that I believe. Let us know how your consultation goes.

after caRe

Iv been using vasaline to massage the area every night and most mornings to help any tissue damage . And bio oil for the what could be bad scars,burns,aging skin ! My skin isn't aging but Im sure with lazer it won't be the same texture with out these methods! Iv found it really really really made a difference!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

tablets for skin nails and hair

Skin care! Also take these tablets when i remember! Is really good for your skin!

today blog

Since joining real self i thought i was 1 in a million to make this mistake! . I felt so down about my self . For something that i thought would make me feel proud has ruined my life for 3years. Although iv tried to not let it get the best of me. :-) everyone on here is experiencing the same stuff same pain its so welcoming, encouraging
And spirit lifting! Since this time i did decide to get another tattoo which i love! Hopefully in years to come i dont regret that one too... Bloody he'll... But its black and grey and is so lightly done which is an great!.. Hahaha!

Welcome, I am thrilled you shared your story with us, your results are encouraging. In my opinion you are good to go for a cover up, but an artist will tell you forsure. I have scarring on mine as well, I am on session #9 too and my results are not nearly as good as yours! I was told I was ready for a cover up by several artists and I have much more ink than you left over. You should post a picture of your new tattoo, I got one yesterday too...black and I love it! Got it on the ribs...and boy did it hurt!
Hi. I think if you are aiming for a coverup your tatt is faded enough to do that. Anyone (including myself) who is in the late stages understands this conundrum - that fading slows down majorly near the end and the ghost tatt is the thing that bugs everyone out...including me. I have never seen a complete removal except on a small 2" tatt..so it's hard to know to continue or just get a cover up. Also I think the scarring could possibly be from the application of the tattoo, as in the original tattoo's ink needles' scarring, and supposedly, these remain evident. BUt then again, I don't know much about fraxel or whatever other laser skin treatments are available for resurfacing....the bio oil is great tho! Were you hoping for complete removal or aiming at a cover up?
Hello Im aiming to remove! Completely ! Always have . But Im freaking out now about removal completion! And you could be right the tattoost wasn't light handed. So this could be under the ink.

new tatt

New

Oh wow, that is incredible...nice work! How many sessions did that take?
1Session! 5hours. Light handed and extremely quick. :-)
How do i see your tattoo removal i tried to go to your page but there are no pictures! Thank you

today's blog

Today i am on my way to get a passport and travel over seas for the first time in July! So excited! Im hoping by this time i may have had 2-3pico sure treatments and possibly be tattoo arm free!!. I take extremely good after care probably why i have no lumpy parts heavy burnt scared bits to this day! Although there might be the odd Werid line from were the needle drew on me i believe this will heal with time and be fixable.. In the future! With other harmless treatments and procedures.Im extremely keen to try the cylcone sheets i think they would be very effective. I remember once cutting my finger at work deep and it healed over with a large lump stayed like that for 1month ++ so i wore a bandaid for ages over it . Noticing it became very moist all the time. It disappeared :-). Anyway off i go

cool black and gray!
Nice fading on the shoulder! Your new tattoo is beautiful!
Hi i also wanted to ask you said you noticed black ink turning brown? Has this gone with next treatments? Cause mine has small bits like that too

today feeling unknown :'(

Okay so off to the doctors this morning to see how my skin is going and if i should be refered to someone any further! Then tomorrow at 4.30 pico sure consultation. My hopes are that it will all be fine when it comes off if not i may be considering a cover up by a expensive artist. But i would really just like it off.. So see how we go. Ahh doctors at 9.10am

Pico treatment done

Guess what friends i had a picosure treatment! Cost me an arm and leg but it was worth it the results are amazing! Im nearly crying. Only 2 more treatments and its gone no more worrying about hypo! . My arm is mildly scared from previous laser. But can be fixed and smoothed with dermalrolling plus my age is a huge help! I feel i can breathe for the first time in a long time.

Awesome!! Can you see some of the results already?? Really happy for you :)

after pico

Is it strange to feel no pain no Sun burn , and minimum swollen. No crust no blisters? . . Did it work. And is it ment to peal ? Cause i feel like it will not peal.

i have a similar tattoo on my wrist, how long was your whole process? I am happy for your progress :)
Hey there, just checking in for an update - how are you making out with your fading?
Your story is so similar to mine apart from mine is black. Mine was a free hand and I had no idea what I was getting into. I began removal in August and around 70% is removed. However, there is brown areas where the shading was and it looks horrible (hyper pigmentation ) . I am using q-switched laser and it is a half sleeve. It looks like your tattoo has had incredible progress with pico. Is it better than the q switch at removing black ink?
Michelle