Upper Eyelid Surgery - Ipswich, QLD

I had considered having this done for many years...

I had considered having this done for many years but never had the courage. I am 52 and had heavy hooding of my right eye and slight hooding of my left. My surgeon offered me the option of having it done under local aneasthetic which saved approx $2,000. After the initial injections around the eye area which were painful but quick, I did not feel a thing. The surgeon made the incisions from the inside corner of my eyes right out into my crows feet.It took less than an hour and I was able to go home straight away.

I went back a week later for a checkup and everything was good. Not much bruising although swelling under my eyes which has still not gone completely.

Four weeks later the scars are still quite red but I can cover them up with makeup.

Absolutely love the difference it has made and can't wait to see the effects in coming months when the swelling has completely gone. I would highly recommend having it done.

Ipswich Plastic Surgeon

You were luck to have a sedative. It wasn't offered to me. I did take a valium an hour beforehand but can't say it had much affect. I was still terrified!
The slight swelling under the eyes took about 2 months to go completely. It wasn't too noticeable though. The swelling above the eyes also took about 2 months to settle down but even now, nearly 4 months later, I am still seeing improvements. The scars are very faint now and in the eye creases. I am absolutely over the moon with the results and every morning when I get out of bed I still check my eyes in the mirror and love the absence of the droopy eyelids.
how long before the swelling went down? I did it awake as well...it was no problem at all with the sedative.
Thanks tabithanash. Once the injections had been done it wasn't too bad and if I had to do it again it would be local aneasthetic. It's hard to find a before photo as I avoided having my picture taken but will upload one soon as well as a recent one.
You are a brave woman indeed!! Do you have any "before" pics? It looks like you are going to have really good results!! I think I would be too afraid to do it "awake" though. I'd probably jump or something and get my eye poked out!! Congrats!! Looks like he did a good job!