Upper Eyelid Surgery - Ipswich, QLD

I had considered having this done for many years...

I had considered having this done for many years but never had the courage. I am 52 and had heavy hooding of my right eye and slight hooding of my left. My surgeon offered me the option of having it done under local aneasthetic which saved approx $2,000. After the initial injections around the eye area which were painful but quick, I did not feel a thing. The surgeon made the incisions from the inside corner of my eyes right out into my crows feet.It took less than an hour and I was able to go home straight away.

I went back a week later for a checkup and everything was good. Not much bruising although swelling under my eyes which has still not gone completely.

Four weeks later the scars are still quite red but I can cover them up with makeup.

Absolutely love the difference it has made and can't wait to see the effects in coming months when the swelling has completely gone. I would highly recommend having it done.

Ipswich Plastic Surgeon

Hi, I was wondering if you had any more recent pics? I am looking at having blepharoplasty done with Dr Bartholomeusz thanks
Hi I'm post op 10 days I'm so upset as my surgeon didn't take enough xtra skin off the top lids. I return to him on the 24 June .my left is fab but the right is to much xtra skin .i researched for surgeons but no many and with no reviews til I spotted this site.how do I find out your surgeons ph number? May pay him a visit if my one says it looks good when it isn't .look forward to your reply.
You were luck to have a sedative. It wasn't offered to me. I did take a valium an hour beforehand but can't say it had much affect. I was still terrified!
The slight swelling under the eyes took about 2 months to go completely. It wasn't too noticeable though. The swelling above the eyes also took about 2 months to settle down but even now, nearly 4 months later, I am still seeing improvements. The scars are very faint now and in the eye creases. I am absolutely over the moon with the results and every morning when I get out of bed I still check my eyes in the mirror and love the absence of the droopy eyelids.
how long before the swelling went down? I did it awake as well...it was no problem at all with the sedative.
Thanks tabithanash. Once the injections had been done it wasn't too bad and if I had to do it again it would be local aneasthetic. It's hard to find a before photo as I avoided having my picture taken but will upload one soon as well as a recent one.
You are a brave woman indeed!! Do you have any "before" pics? It looks like you are going to have really good results!! I think I would be too afraid to do it "awake" though. I'd probably jump or something and get my eye poked out!! Congrats!! Looks like he did a good job!