Dermabrasion on Indian Skin - Pune, India

Hello, This is Soham from India. I had acne since...

Hello,
This is Soham from India. I had acne since my teen and have developed severe acne scarring. I have tried all most every procedure starting from micro derma abrasion, subsicion, fat grafting, filler and lasers but nothing helped to reduce my scarring before I had no choice but to go for dermabrasion. I knew that dermabrasion for Indian skin is a risk, but I took chance cause my scarring was so much severe and I was not ready to live with it. I did dermarasion on last Monday, and I am 5 days down my procedure. My skin is still bloody red and sweeled. Don't if this is normal or not. My doctor says I am healing well but I am little worried. If anyone had this procedure please post your comment. It will help me. I will post some pictures of today's condition. I could not take pictures of previous days cause I had it covered with bandages. I will post all through my journey..

Thanks
Soham

7 days post

Hi all,

So far so good. I am on 7 days post my treatment and so far I can feel my scars are looking much better. I have tried to see them From almost all angle and its definitely looking better. I can't still give you percentage rating cause it is still bright ping. I will post some pictures for you. Please feel free to ask question if you have any. Just now desperately want this pinkness to fade. I really want to get back to work now. 7 days straight I haven't left my room.

one month post review

Hi,
It is been one month now. I will left this for you to suggest how much improvement you can see from pictures.

2 month post

Hello,
Here my scars look like now.
Dr pradeep kumar

She is very good.

Dermaberasion will not erase the scars quickly. This is because only the top layer of the skin is removed. When the new skin grows mostly with the same pattern. In the case of Fraxel Laser or Micro Needle RF treatments, the deep layers of the skin are treated. When the new skin grows, it will heal the deep scars and grow a smooth layer of skin. Even in the Fraxel Laser (bit costly) or Micro Needle RF ( cheap in price but highly efficient) at least five sittings are needed to erase deep scars.
Thanks brother- congratulations. Are you satisfied now? who was your doctor and how much did you pay?
Post more photos to update and show the results :) and Congratulations, is very better.
Color is back to Normal now...a slight discoloration...but none can see that except me...I will go for skin grafting for most deeper ones..before dermabrasion in December...cheers.. Soham
Good to hear and thank you so much for sharing!
May I ask how your color has been? Redness, any loss of color? I am half Chinese and have been thinking about doing this too. Thank you.
It was wire brush. My scars have improved. I will go for another dermabrasion in the month of December.
Looks like your scars have definitely improved and should be almost gone if not completely gone with another treatment. Glad that you found something that worked. Please keep us posted and best wishes for continued improvements:-)
That's great to hear ! Thank you for updating.
Thank you for updating! How has your healing been? Looks like you're healing well. Was a diamond tip used or a wire brush? Thanks.
Did y change name, in that case- good luck on your skin- vice- journey!
Hi Soham- how are you healing? Hope you are happy w your result!
Hello All, Its been 18 days since I did dermabrasion. My skin now almost back to normal skin, a slight discoloration which I think would go away in coming a few days. My scars are almost same before and I am dissapointed. May be it was not done as deep as it was needed. I will look for skin grafting now as my last approach.
Best of luck to you. I want to get this procedure done as well in a spot treatment like you. My scarring is quite mild but bothers me a great deal. Please keep us posted. Best wishes to you and thank you.
Good luck.... I just had this done 1 month ago and the healing was very tough. Luckily, I'm okay now and I did get significant improvement. Of course, it will take many more months to assess the true final result.
Thank you for posting! Keep us updated and I hope u are healing nicely.
Thank you! Keep us updated!
Thank you for posting your review.  This takes time to heal so hold on and you will notice improvement each week.