Wouldn't Do It Again - Omaha

I had traumatic swelling and purpura after getting...

I had traumatic swelling and purpura after getting vbeam PDL for minor spider veins on my cheeks. I was on high dose prednisone for 5 days. 4 weeks later and I still have more discoloration on my cheeks than I had with the spider veins.

When I went in for a consultation in April, he said "no problem, we can get rid of those, but wait until winter because you can't go in the sun after". So, I made my appointment in early November and went in. They were having me sign a waiver saying they told me what to expect and I told the nurse I really had not been told. She said it would feel like a snap of a rubberband and I might have some slight swelling and bruising that won't last long (24 hours). The procedure hurt like hell, but there was no pain post-procedure. When I called the nurse both the same day and 24 hours later, she just told me to take Advil. when I finally go the doctor to call me back 48 hours later, he said that everyone responds differently and that happens sometimes, but they like to wait 24 hours before prescribing steroids to see if it resolves. I thought, but didn't mention, "then why did you not respond for 48 hours!!!". I could have started sooner.

Oh my Omaha, I'm so sorry, hopefully this will get better with time. Please keep us updated.

-Britt

Hi Omaha,

Welcome to the community and thanks for the review. I'm so sorry this happened to you. You said you called your doctor what did he say? Please keep us updated.

Thanks,

-Britt

Omaha Dermatologist

Called due to severe swelling, nurse called back, asked to speak to the doctor - took him 48 hours to return my call, and that was after a family member/physician called in a favor to push it. Picture is 48 hours post-procedure. I wasn't pre-briefed on side affects, was told I could make my afternoon appointments same day! I could not go on customer calls for over a week