Could my cg be hurting me rather than helping me??

Hi! My name is Cheryl and I had my TT with lipo on...

Hi! My name is Cheryl and I had my TT with lipo on January 15, 2013. I recently lost 35lbs and just felt there were "problem areas" that just wouldn't go away so I decided to get a TT. This coming Tuesday is 4 weeks post op and I have so much swelling above my scar (which is very low, that part I do love). My dr didn't send me home with any type of compression garmet. Last week at my 3rd post-op apt I expressed my concern with the nurse about the swelling so she gave me one then. I've been wearing it religiously since then, but I still don't see a difference. Is this normal? If so, how long will it last. It's so depressing when I try on jeans thinking they will be big and they don't even fit! I know it's still probably early in the game, but I can't help but feel this problem area won't go away! Also, my dr did what he called a "cut impression" (a line going down my stomach so in time I will look "cut" (after I find my 6 pack I guess) Anyone else hear of this?? Please help!

Going on 6 weeks and so depressed!! Swelling just...

Going on 6 weeks and so depressed!! Swelling just isn't going anywhere!! I know it takes time, but I'm not seeing any progress AT ALL!! Shouldn't I be seeing at least a little improvement??? :(

I swear my swelling is getting worse rather than...

I swear my swelling is getting worse rather than better! Could my cg be hurting me more than helping me,,,I'm coming up on 8 weeks and I look no different than I did 4 weeks ago!

Just added a picture from today so everyone can...

Just added a picture from today so everyone can see what I'm talking about. I've been more conscious of my diet then ever before. Eating very lean and lots of protein along with seeing my personal trainer again. I just don't understand?!?!

I think you look amazing! Hang in there! It can only get better:)))
I wonder if my CG is making me sore also. Can I have it on too tight? It seems like it is either down to low or pushing my boobs up to the point its uncomfortable.. I was told i had to wear it for 6 weeks.. Ugh!
you look great! nice hour glass shape
We are exactly the same day having surgery, I did not have a TT but lots of lipo. I wore my garment the whole time. But I swell and my Vajayajy still hurts and hard like a rock...ugh I think its a lot of swelling. They say minimum 3 months for results then 6 months for final. I was told wear the garment 24/7 for 1 month which I did. Now I get hot, bothered and just want it off but then for any length of time I ache...such a slow process
From what i heard from my PS, He said he would only recommend it for 3 weeks after binders comes off. I wonder if anyone else have this problem. I hope i dont run into this problem, 8 weeks after surgery I would be in Turks and Caicos.. ugh... I hope your swelling goes down, what else can you do?? diet? low sodium?
I've been asking myself the same thing about the CG. We are on the same timeline as I had my surgery on 1/15/13, too. I still wear my cg religiously because I actually feel better in it. I have a bump just above my pubic bone near my scar. I have been reading that it is possible scar tissue or fat necrosis. I am leaning towards the latter as it is diminishing bit by bit, which is a good sign. I wonder if my cg is pushing the swelling down to that area while keeping the rest of my stomach in nice shape and form. I truly recommend arnica forte or arnica montana plus bromelain tablets for the swelling. It really helps. Also, I tried my jeans on about once a week and nothing fit, not even the big jeans. But last week, at my 7 week mark, my skinniest jeans fit like a dream; although I really do not like anything rubbing against my scar as it feels like a healing rope burn. I think you are doing well and look great besides your swell hell. I hope it only gets better for you.
I love hearing from people that are farther along in this process than I am. At 5 weeks post-op I am still swollen or just fatter. I am so HAPPY for you that you jeans fit. That is just so awesome. Thanks for the post, and I wear my binder or spanx all the time. It just feels weird without it. Have a great week! : )
What are you eating..with the help of my Dr, I realized (before TT journey) certain foods did not.agree with my digestion system would make me bloated & swell. Try loadg up on berries & pineapples after meals, increase your fibers & cut out salt for about 2 wks & see if that helps.
honestly i've been eating very good,,,,,better than ever before. My PS says I look great and my results look like I had it 6 months ago, however I don't think any dr will ever second guess their work. I just posted a pic from today, I feel worse now that at 2 weeks,,,,,I just dont understand. Part of me wants to go to another PS to get a 2nd opinion,,,,
honey if you are feeling distress, I don't think it would hurt a bit to get a second opinion. You have paid a lot for this surgery, and it takes a toll time wise as well as emotionally. A second opinion may be just what you need to ease your mind, as well as get more information. Information never hurts if it is from the right source. please keep us posted. thinking of you, Leslie
thank you xo!
Yea I agree if u feel like something is wrong, get a 2nd opinion. Nobody knows your body like you do. I'll be praying for & checking on you
Thank you!!
Hi I am 7 weeks post op and still have swelling, I am wearing my second stage knickers in the day and nothing at night time, I am hoping this swelling finally goes at 3 months, hang in there it is normal xx
I don't know that your cg is making things worse. I do know that I am 5 weeks post op and feel like you, don't seem to be seeing much improvement. But, the doctor tells me, and I have read, that sometimes swelling persists for months. We have to have faith, take good care of ourselves and look to the coming weeks. My stomach is mostly flat; it's also big.
Wow just seen your pictures and girl you look amazing!!! Im sure the swelling is not easy and I need to remember that lol, but it will go away and you are just beautiful!!! :)
Thank you very much :) Good luck with your surgery!!
You DO look good. Hang in there, I'm hanging in there with you!
Hi im getting a tt in three days and was a little concerned when I saw your pics...do all tt keep the old bb??i love how low your scar is but I thought they cut off the old bb??
Some people do not have enough laxity in their skin for the tummy to be pulled down past the old belly button spot. However, the scar (at least mine) is extremely thin and I've heard that it fades quickly. It is different than the tummy tuck scar.
Not everyone has that scar, it depends on the laxity of your skin just like leslie stated,,,,,I was also told in time the line will not even be noticable (I can already see it fading)
You look amazing!!! I will be joining yiu real soon. Good luck :)
Good luck!!!
Oh I see...im so glad I asked I had no idea this was part of the procedure, iv done so much research and just assumed the old bb was cut off..thank you for helping answer that for me:)