I am having a "Mommy Makeover" performed by Dr....

I am having a "Mommy Makeover" performed by Dr. Zienowicz in Providence, RI. It is costing me 21,100.00!!! I feel like I am buying a new car....but I only take diesel! I am 42 years old. I have been with my husband for almost 24 years. We have a daughter that will be 21 Feb 13th and a son who will be 20 on June 8th. I was depressed for a number of years and really let my weight get out of control. I decided I needed to take control and lost over 100 pounds 5 years ago and kept the weight off. I do work out 2.5 hours a day 6 days a week! I had to come to terms with the fact that I really, really deserve this. I am a week out and terrified, but so excited. My husband is equally excited and I could not ask for a more wonderful, loving, supportive husband in the world!!! I think talking about wearing chaps at the fire pit helps. wink, wink

Hi Mistypach! I can't wait to follow your journey! Congratulations on healthy loving. Doesn't it feel great!?!?!? I'm scheduled for 1/31 and am so thankful it's almost here. Waiting has got to be one of the hardest parts!
Looking forward to following your story...good luck!

Congrats on losing all that weight. Good job! I'm so glad you started your story on RealSelf.

Here's a list of supplies you might want to buy for recovery.

Do you know what sort of implants you're going with?

Today is day three. The pain is terrible but I...

Today is day three. The pain is terrible but I absolutely love the results. My cousin said day 3 and 4 are the worst. I just really need that upswing.

Congratulations! Glad you're happy with your result so far!! Stay on top of your pain meds. That really helps!!
How did your surgery go yesterday?? You are right, the waiting was brutal. I am so happy with my doctor. He truly was fantastic. While I was in there he also lazered off a bunch of moles and he took care of a mark I had between my eyes. It's nice to see him go above and beyond.
It went great. I am feeling awesome this morning. Already got up and went to the toilet twice!

Ok, it has been 4 days since my surgery. I am...

Ok, it has been 4 days since my surgery. I am doing so much better with the upper half of me, but down town is feeling rough still. I only randomly get pains associated with my lift and augmentation. I have extensive bloating in my belly. I just got my period yesterday, and I have not had a bowel movement since Tuesday. I just feel miserable overall. The pressure is terrible. I spoke with the doctor last night and he said I would take something more than stool softeners. I have been taking 2 daily as well as drinking prune juice several times a day. Last night and this morning I drank some ballerina tea. This has worked very well for me in the past so I'm hoping to have some results soon. Will try to put some updated photos. Had some trouble last time.....but I don't know it that was drug induced stupidity. :-)

Hi Mistypach, I'm in RI also but traveling to AZ for my MM in March. I'm curious, did you have a pain pump?
Try using magmesium-citrate, its a liquid and is fairly cheap, dont use too much at a time because it will send everything straight through, its what they give people for colonoscopies. Good luck with your healing, I look forward to following your story.
Obviously I'm still stupid because none of my pictures are straight. LOL Oh, and after several outfits over the last few days I have come to find that the best that works for me is wearing a tank with my husbands underwear.

Best belly button ever. I LOVE my PS!!

Best belly button ever. I LOVE my PS!!

The last couple of days I have made huge progress in healing. Finally see my belly button. I absolutely LOVE it!!!
I agree your belly button looks great!!!
TY so much! My PS has a "signature look" where he tapes a hard rod to my abs to give me a 6 pack look even if I don't work out.

PO day 10. Able to stand up so much straighter and...

PO day 10. Able to stand up so much straighter and my back is feeling much better. We are dealing with one heck of a blizzard here though. Thought I would add a couple of pics of that for fun. :-)

Hi mistypach, u look great and looks like ur healing great too. I got some snow here too in NY, about 18 inches. I had to shovel a little to get my car out to go to work yesterday then felt sore last night as a result. Feeling better this morning but I really have to stick to the rules. Only 2 more weeks to go to get back to the gym and normal life.
You look great! It looks like you lost 50 pounds with the TT and lift!!
Thank you so much! I feel fantastic. Cant wait to see my doctor tomorrow. :-)

I am absolutely thrilled with my results. Had my...

I am absolutely thrilled with my results. Had my drains removed today and got the clearance to drive. I ended up really pushing myself too hard today and now I am most swollen I have been since my surgery. Hoping it goes down through the night.

How r u feeling overall?? You look great!
Still feeling really sore and swollen, but overall pretty happy and thrilled with my results!!

Has anybody else had weight loss after surgery? I...

Has anybody else had weight loss after surgery? I have lost over 8 pounds since my surgery with no explanation. just wondering if anybody else has experienced this.

You look great! I get my mommy make over March 5th. I am getting TT, lipo on hips, back and breast augmentation. I am a little worried about my breasts being too big. I have lost a lot of weight and my breasts sag. I am about a 36B, big B now, he is wanted to put in 375-400 cc. That really sounds like too much for me. But I do need to fill out the extra skin!
Because I lost so much weight I had skin sacks too. I was a 36C prior to my lift. I am so happy with my results. I tested out different sizes, but I ultimately left it up to my PS to make me look the best he could. he chose the sizes.
It has to do with the amount of breast tissue u had before not just how many CC's u get

6 weeks out with abscessed incision and major...

6 weeks out with abscessed incision and major swelling in the afternoon, but happy with breasts except one has not dropped.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

My doc says not to worry and that my scars will...

My doc says not to worry and that my scars will end up perfect. I do trust him.

Found out today that I need to go back under to have my implant pulled down. I'm fine with it and I know my doc is the best out there. I will look amazing when this is all over with!!
Good luck! You already look amazing so you will be absolutely stunning when Z is done with the tweaks. :-)
Scar is healing. Dr Z is a miracle worker!! Good luck tomorrow. Will post pic.

Revision surgery scheduled for May 8th. ...

Revision surgery scheduled for May 8th. Encapsulated left breast. Can't wait to get it fixed so that I will be perfect for my vacation in June!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

New Pic...13 weeks...one week prior to revision!

New Pic...13 weeks...one week prior to revision!

How did it go?

Having a really tough time. Breast correction,...

Having a really tough time. Breast correction, scar correction, dog ears removed, lipo of inner thighs and knees.

New Revision pics

New Revision pics

You look so beautiful! Congrats on the weight loss...what better reward than a mommy makeover for all of your hard work? Best wishes!
Thank you so much! It is totally worth it....just need to get through the pain. :-)
Where are you going on your vacation? :)

Very swollen from lipo, but I can definitely see...

Very swollen from lipo, but I can definitely see the sculpting he did on my knees. Looking forward to being all healed.

You look very good! Hope you heal quickly!
Poor YOU!!! It can only get better, right? :) I am always thinking good thoughts for you!
And I for you! Got all my stitches out today and got cleared to walk. I'm on the upswing now and just looking forward to getting back to normal! :-)

Finally getting there...post revision pic! Still swelling, but looking good. :-)

How are you doing?
Hi Misty! Ur body looks like mine TT wise! Similar shape! Similarities in our stories too. Been with hubby 23 years, and my daughter's bday is June 8th too! Glad everything worked out! So what did it PS do exactly for the revision? I got my sx date. It's gonna be on the 21st. I was supposed to return to work on the 20th. I guess I can't for sure now! Thanks for posting on my story. Makes me feel good that everything worked out! I'm a little frustrated cuz I have to go under general again. I lived through it 2x but now I gotta do it again?!! Ughh. Ok positive thoughts, positive thoughts. :)
Your incision is so low!! You are looking great!

1 year post...another revision scheduled

This year has gone by so much faster than I anticipated. The swelling finally stopped about 10.5 months. I have a third surgery scheduled for March 12th. It is so frustrating that I have spent so much money and my breasts still aren't right. I had a revision to detach my left implant from the muscle and now it healed with my nipple pointing out and looks totally different from my right breast. I need the left corrected with a larger implant put in and another lift done to my right since it bottomed out. My surgeon offered to repair my entire Ty incision since it has a lot of scarring from the abscess but I just can't go through that again. Praying this will be my last surgery!

I am sorry your surgery didn't turn out as you wished, but you still look great. I was offered a small revision on my tummy tuck, but after living with it for a few months I opted to not go under the knife again. I wish you a great outcome and hope this is the last one for you!!!!
I hope your 3rd surgery does the trick! Your looking great though.

So much pain!!

Well, it's been quite a year for me. My second revision surgery date was moved up and I had my surgery yesterday. So far from what I see.....I am thrilled with my results!!!! My doctor told me he removed a tremendous amount of skin and couldn't believe how much he took off me for a second lift. He did not end up replacing my left implant. He did such an extensive lift to the right that it evened them out. What is causing the most pain is from the stitches near my right armpit where my implant bottomed out and was sliding down. Finally....I have nice beautiful perky breasts with cleavage. Can not wait to wear some sexy shirts and dresses for my husband. I have worked my butt off for the last two months losing weight that I gained from breaking my leg a few months back and I am in the best shape of my life. Really looking forward to bikini weather this year!!!

PO day 1 pics

Sigh. You look absolutely great!! I'm still not sure what I'm going to do. I have an appt on Tuesday. I want the perky breasts like urs. My right breast is pretty hard compared to the left. I'm guessing the scar tissue is pulling it tight? I'm scared to have other complications occur if I fix it. Idk. I am just sad about the whole thing. I'm glad ur outcome was a great one.
Thank you so much! I am really thrilled with my what I have seen so far. Cant wait for my f/u on Wednesday to see what is under my bandages. I think it was a bit of a challenge for him to get my breasts to look like this because the skin on them was so thin from being so stretched out. I'm actually shocked they are as perky as they are. I think I will have to be extremely careful moving forward though to not gain weight or else my breasts will end up sagging. I know how frustrating it is being in limbo about revision surgery. You are in my thoughts and prayers!
And FYI....I think you look amazing!!! I know we are are own worst critics, but you really do look fantastic!

PO day three

I'm feeling really good compared to my two prio r surgeries! My only problem I seem to be having is that Im not sleeping all that much. I was smart this time and took magnesium citrate so that I wasn't totally bound up. I was in agony last time. The only down fall to that is I have been constantly on the toilet and then I also got my period. I have been able to be alone the majority of the time. My husband has just helped out with meals and he bathed me today. That felt fantastic!!! Overall...feeling really good and cant wait to see what's going on under my bandages!!!

Prior to weighloss

I just realized I never posted a picture of when I was heavy. This is not at my heaviest, but it pretty much give you an idea of where I was. This was over 6 years ago. I maintained my goal weight for about 5 years prior to my makeover.

The old me

You've come so far :-) You look beautiful! Thanks for sharing!
Thank you!
You look great !!! Happy healing ;-)

Swelling going down

Realizing what a big difference there is in my breast size now that the swelling is going down. My right breast was a Full D while my left was a small D. Now that I am fixed and evened out I think I am a full B small C. Will definitely need to do some serious bra shopping!

You look great!
Thanks for sharing! I'm amazed at your positive outlook in the midst of obstacles! You look fantastic, by the way!!
Thank you. I have an appt on Tuesday. Will see what comes of it. Thanks for your kind words.

5 Days PO, been back to the gym since yesterday!

God, I feel so amazing this time. My first surgery was brutal. My first revision surgery I ended up with pneumonia and I was sooooo sick. This time I feel fantastic. I'm back at the gym doing the arc machine and walking. This is helping me tremendously with depression. I get extremely depressed when I am stuck in bed. I cant really raise my arms, but it's amazing what I'm able to accomplish. I'm cooking, cleaning, and pretty much doing everything I normally would. So excited for my F/U tomorrow so that I can see my beautiful girls without the tape on them. So far I love what I see! :-)

You look awesome!
U look really great !!!!
Thank you very much!

PO Day 6 F/U with Doc

Everything went fantastic at my f/u appt today. I am healing beautifully. They removed a lot of stitches. I will have the rest removed on Monday. I am now a full C cup. I have not been under a D since I was 13. They feel so small to me, but I am thrilled. Being a runner, it has always been problematic having larger breasts. I am going to love being able to we all the sexy clothes now too. Hubby's birthday is Saturday. Hopefully I can wear something nice for him. ;-)

PO Day 15 second revision

Healing wonderfully, and I am so happy with my results. Wearing a bra for the first time today. A bit sore, but manageable. Trying on my old bikini top it's now so obvious how much volume I lost. I used to fall out of it. I think it's time to do some bathing suit shopping again. :-)

You look amazing. Great BB! Wow you really have kept all weight off beautifully. Inspiring!
It's been quite a struggle this past year. Two surgeries, a broken leg, two shingles outbreaks, pneumonia and my 45 year old brother-in-law passed away. I gained some weight due to depression and my broken leg. Also the fear of going thru a third surgery and worrying that I would have more problems. In January I decided to get my head out of all the bad stuff from last year and start this year off as strong as possible. I had gained 12 pounds but from January to my surgery date I lost 17 pounds and got in the best shape possible. I think that is what made it possible to get back to the gym 4 days after my surgery. Determined to not get in that bad place again!! :-)
Oh gosh that was a lot of stress thrown your way. You look so slim and lovely now with perfect breasts. The body you've worked so hard for. Good luck this year!! Continued healing.

3.5 weeks PO revision

I love, love, lovey results!!!!

Awesome!
You look fantastic! Awesome work girl!

5.5 weeks PO revision

I'm able to do everything at the gym again. I love the fact that my surgeon encourages going back to the gym asap. I see so many people waiting MONTHS to go back to the gym. I would have lost my mind. I went back 2 weeks after my MM and 4 days after my last surgery. I am obviously limited, but I think it's too easy to get out of the habit of going and therefor gaining weight. I feel like I am in the best shape of my life now and so happy to get these surgeries behind me.

Providence Plastic Surgeon

Multiple friends with excellent outcomes. 3/2/14 - I also want to add that Dr. Z has been totally amazing and did everything in his power to get me my perfect result. He is so personable and warm and kind. I truly adore him!!