Vaser Ouch! - Pretoria, South Africa

I am a 36 year old mother of 3 and I am currently...

I am a 36 year old mother of 3 and I am currently 13 days Post Vaser Liposelection on my Inner thighs, saddles, a little on my lower back and also liitle bit on the knees. It has been extremely painfull up to date and I was terribly swollen all over. Had a lot of bruising as well even my feet was blue and puffy. At this stage I am not sure what to expect as I am carrying an extra 5kg of water after the vaser. The docter removed 3.4l of fat. My starting weight was 64kg and I am not over weight just had areas that would not budge with excercise and diet.
I am currently weighing 67kg and that is a huge issue for me. I should weigh 61.5 kg by now! I feel hard swollen areas every where I was lipoed which is extremely painfull to the touch. The doctor and the nurse promises me that this is all normal and final results will only be seen at 6 months. Anyone who has had the same experiences please let me know how you are experiencing things.
Dr. Henri Claassen

Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for sharing your journey with us!

How are you doing now it's been another week or so since surgery? Are you seeing any results yet?

I am definitly seeing results, but maybe i expected to much. I am waiting for my before pics from the doc, if i receive them, i will put them up. Everybody said that my doctor is a miracle worker so I am waiting for my miracle, haha

Haha! Hopefully with time your results will show, once all of the swelling goes away. Looking forward to seeing your pics!

Please do keep us updated with your progress.

I,m 1 week post vaser and it has been a nightmare. I have never felt so much pain. my doctor said I would be sedated but I was given a little pill that did nothing, I felt the whole procedure, it was terrible, felt as if I was beng butchered. badly bruised and leaking a lot and also have hardness and scar tissue. my physio has been helping me with ultrasound and deep massage and other techniques.I go everyday for removal of the liquid and its painful.At night I feel needle sensation on my inner thighs and saddle bags I think all these write ups do to not honestly say how damn painful vaser is, I will never do it again.i am swollen everywhere and after taking 5 myprodoyls and Celebrex I still feel pain. What a big mistake I have made I do to ot recommend vaser at all. I can't even walk or get up without deep pain.We all want to look better but doing this to our bodies is TOrture. All I want is to feel normal again.
I feel your pain. I must admit i am 3.5 weeks post Vaser and I am starting to feel like human again. I also experienced terrible pain. Luckily my doctor had enough savvy to knock me out completey with anestetics. I also want to feel normal again!
Hi Doers, I completely agree with you. I am 7 days post vaser and I would also never ever do this again. I did not like my flabby stomach but putting my body through this torture was not worth it. I am literally counting the hours until I can feel normal again. The advertising for vaser are so dishonest and do not mention the intense process of recovery and all the pain. I would not recommend this to my worst enemy.