33 Year Old, 3 Kids, Bride to Be, in Desperate Need of a Makeover with Smartlipo... - Atlanta, GA

I have been cautiously seeking a proficient...

I have been cautiously seeking a proficient surgeon to perform smartlipo on me for the past seven years. When I stumbled across the highly recommended Dr. Boutte, in Lilburn, GA last year. After visiting her office for my free Fife teen minute consultation, I was convinced, I found an accomplished surgeon. Feeling a little pressured, I quickly put down a six hundred dollar deposit. Expecting to have my procedure done in the following months, I was abruptly informed by my OBGYN I was 8 weeks pregnant. "Damn, why me," I pondered to myself. Fortunately, Premier Dermotolgy & Aesthetics was patient, therëfore, six months postpartum I was ready to go. May 1, 2014 I arrived at 6:45am sharp to have my procedure performed. Actually my procedure was not scheduled until 7:30am but I was unable to attend my preop appointment so I had to come early to finish up some paperwork. I arrived on time and everything went smoothly finishing my paperwork. I waited patiently reading a juicey book and at 8am I was escorted upstairs by the magnificent Ms. Lee, took a series of pills and quickly undressed. Washed up and photographed, I was layed down when the pleasant Mr. Ricardo, anesthesiologist came in to numb me with lidocaine. Which, stung a little bit but all in all was good. From this moment on I can't remember anything as I was knocked out from the pills. Unfortunately, when I came too Dr. Boutte was still working on my back and had to touch up around my belly button. Cool, but the lidocaine wore off and I could feel a little pain where she was working. No big deal, I was out of there around 6:30pm. I love the fact Dr. Boutte took her time by taking out four liters. Oh, yeah by the way, I had my upper & lower abdomen, upper & lower flanks and bra roll done for $4400. Everything was going great but you know me, busy bee unable to sit still, started experiencing hardness and fluid retention. So when I attended my ten day check up today May 13, 2014 I had to have my stomach drained a was instructed to be on bed rest and not lift my baby because he weighs 18lbs. So I have not seen any change but I will keep you all posted and when I am able to move around I will post my pics. These are my measurements, height and weight I hope this helps. 5"5' 218lbs, upper waist 38" lower waist 40" I have lost 4lbs since surgery now 214lbs.

two and a half wks pistol after fluid drainage

I see a big difference and I love it!!! Recently purchases a corset and compression panties because my hips, thighs and bottom is so big it's a better fit. New messaurements 34" 36"

one month update

Tomorrow makes 1 month and I have lost a total of 6inches in my upper abdomen now ( 32inches)and 4 1/2 in my lower abdomen now ( 35 1/2 inches). I am still swollen in my lower abdomen and back. Hoping to start corset training within the next couple weeks because I feel like my compression garments are no longer working. I am still very satisfied up to me to make the most of it!

compression garments

Atlanta Dermatologic Surgeon

Overall great experience

Remember to check with ur Dr for corset training. Most say to wait until at least two months.
Good luck with ur corset training.
Thank you you look amazing does that electronic pulse massager really work?
I think it helped some but I think the massaging did the most.
Your stomach looks very firm, did you had a tummy tuck too or just Lipo?
Just smart lipo recently had a baby 6 mos ago
Hi Latasha44586... You are looking great already. I always enjoy seeing posts by ladies who also had their procedures with Dr. Boutte. I had SL of the upper/lower abs, bra roll and flanks done with her almost 5 months ago and I'm beyond pleased with my results. Well, congrats on your upcoming wedding! :-) Just one MAJOR piece of advice, whatever lifestyle changes you are making to loose weight and keep it off needs to be kept forever. I see that you mentioned purchasing a corset. I didn't start using one until I was 2 months post. In fact, Nurse Lee also stated that they don't like their patients using corsets until 2 months because of possible internal injuries. I'd suggest that you get a smaller CG and use your binder. They will help with the swelling. Once you're 2 months post op, you can go ahead and use the corset. I purchased mine from orchardcorset.com and I've recommended to everyone to either buy CS-305 or CS-411 cause of the increased comfort and ease with movement. For someone like you with a baby, this will really help. Anyway, congrats again and if you have any questions, pls don't hesitate to ask. Take care :-)
So I should wait t hanx when I went in for my 2 WK check up she told me to purchase one since I'm bottom heavy with a short back which causes the compression to roll up I will take your advice and inquiry on my next visit thank u soooo much:-)
You look amazing you are truly an inspiration Share some of your dieting tips
That's interesting that you were told to go ahead an purchase one. I remember during my 1-month post op apt, I had lost quite a bit in my upper and lower abs, but really needed some good compression on my lower abs (I called it my pooch and I have photos of this on my blog). Anyway, I fitted into a bodymagic and it took two of them to help me hook it up (lol). I wore the body magic, but couldn't stand its constricting my inner thighs. When I cut off the legs, it looked more like a corset and that's when I really started taking a bigger look into it. By the time I was done with my research, it was close to my my next appointment and nurse Lee was very happy with the progress I had made and complimented me for using the corset at my 2nd month anniversary as opposed to earlier. I told her at that time that I had shared with members or RS to start the corset after their 2nd month based upon the research I had made and she agreed because "it could internal injury if not used appropriately". So, that's why I said so :-) Nevertheless, make sure you clarify it. When I'm talking about corsets, I'm referring to Steel-boned corsets. If you are seeking an alternative, you might want to consider a SQUEEM. They're shaped like corsets with the metal and are more flexible in relation to a corset. During my 1-2 month period, I used a SQUEEM before transitioning to the corset. Hope this helps :-)
I've got so many typo errors on my message ... The SQUEEM does not have any metal. It's just shaped like a corset. Thanks
Thanx I will definitely wait where can I buy body magic
Hahaha... Dieting secrets? :-) Okay... hang on a second for that. First to your original question. You can purchase the body magic on-line. You''' need to google it cause there are several people who sell them. If you get to the BodyMagic site itself, you'll see that you cant purchase it directly from them. However, you MUST follow the measuring tips they provide via a video. If you purchase it based upon what you think, you'll be in for a rude awakening when the garment arrives. I made that mistake and I couldn't wrap it around. Lesson learned ;-). The price for the BodyMagic runs over $100, so be mindful. The SQUEEM, once again, is a cheeper alternative. The cool thing about all this is that once you've got the green light to use the corset, you can control where you want to compress. If you need more compression in your lower abs, just tighten that area and vise-versa if it's the mid and/or upper abs. Now, to the dieting secrets... There is none. HONESTLY! :-) I'm originally from West Africa and most of our traditional meals are pretty high in carbs and are eaten at night. Due to that, I eat light during the day, toast w/pbutter, eggs, or oatmeal for breakfast. Lunch is typically fluids (crystal light), baked fish, steak, fruits, handful of nuts, anything that can fit into 1 hand. I do eat bread, but they're the ones that are either 100 calories for 2 slices, or I consume 1 that has 70 calories per slice. I don't count calories, but do everything in moderation. The one main thing I've cut down on is my salt cause I love my salt. That was a gradual process and it's now paying off. I've tried different diet programs, but I cant stick to the strict regimens. So, I just worked around what I love and it's working. Oh, I still have a small cup of vanilla ice cream everyday too :-))
Hey Latasha! This is Dr. Boutte! All I can say is "Awesome, Awesome, Awesome!!!" You are looking absolutely terrific! Sorry you were not able to post your "before" photos, but as your surgeon, I do remember you prior to surgery....and I must say, "What a transformation!" I am so proud of you, and so thankful you chose me as a significant player in your "Mommy Make Over" journey! Remember, stay focused, continue to compress, eat healthy and exercise as your body tolerates. Salud! Warmest Wishes, Windell Davis Boutte, MD
Thank you are the best in my book you have given me hope
Wow, that's a lot of inches!  Awesome :D.  I wish you had a before pic!
Me too
Maybe you could get one from the doctor!  I did that from mine--but maybe your doctor doesn't take pics?
Hi Lataha44586. Thank you for posting your experience. I can't wait to see your pics as we have similar measurements. I'm considering Dr. Boutte myself. Congratulations!
She did a really good job just have to be still and relax I will post one tonight so you can see what it looks like now
Sorry just now posting pics had severe swelling and discomfort after drainage still a little swollen but feeling marvelous! Hopes this helps you!
Gurl!!!!!!! U look amazing already. I am so excited about scheduling my procedure. I'm getting a shirt scare arm tuck next month and then I plan to do my tummy and lower back with Dr. Boutte. Keep up the goods work. I'm happy for you.
Share what is a shirt scare arm tuck I looking to go back to Dr. Boutte for my arms in July. Than by the way and Dr. Boutte is the best as I was no easy task
Hi. I meant short scar (typo). (= short scar is when the incision is placed along the crease of the arm pit vs an extended arm lift, where the incision/scar goes down the arm; sometimes as far as to the elbow.