Mummy of 3 Flying to Prague for Tummy Tuck, Yikes! - Prague

Ok, where do I start? I have always battled with...

Ok, where do I start? I have always battled with my weight, but having lost six stone at 18 years old, maintained this loss until I had my first child in 2008. Here I am now, 3 kids later (they are 4,3 and 1) with a mess of a stomach! My kids were all big, particularly my last little chunk, and he totally put paid to any hope I had of ever having a yummy tummy without some super surgeon doing their thing.

I was around 19 stone the day I gave birth and am now down to around 13. I am physically fit and have a toned body underneath the mass of skin and lose fat. I am also in desperate need of an arm lift, thigh lift and possible boob job, but all need to be done in stages.

My first surgery is in 2 weeks time and is a full tummy tuck with liposuction. I have chosen to go to Prague because I do not have the money to do it here in the UK. I spent a long time researching clinics and doctors and have opted for Beauty in Prague. I have been in touch with women who have had the same procedure with great results, so am hoping for the same!

I fly out late Sunday 16th with pre op on Monday and surgery Tuesday. I then fly home on Friday 28th with what I hope will be a lovely, flat tummy!

My husband will be looking after the kids and juggling work, so I am very thankful he is giving me this opportunity. He will have a lot of help from his mum so will be fine. I am so scared about leaving them all behind and going alone but I know we will all be fine.

I need to do this. I don't do anything with my kids (like swimming) cos I am too gross and self-conscious and am missing out on so much. I am petrified of complications but I know the risk is very low, I just have this stupid fear in my head that I am going to die!

I do have before photos which I will post when not on the iPad. They aren't pretty at all, although I just showed one of my friends and she commented on how tiny my frame actually is underneath it all. That was nice! I just can't imagine ever having a flat stomach. I am convinced I will have a crap result or the surgeon will wake me and say she couldn't do it cos I had too much fat or something. I just wish I could switch my stupid brain off!!

I've not told many people a out my trip. Only my husband, his family, my dad and a couple of close friends know. I wish my mum was here to help but she passed away at Christmas last year, 4 days after my 30th birthday. I know she would support me in doing this and I know she will keep me safe on the day. I truly believe that.

Um, so that is a brief intro to me. As soon as I am on the laptop I will post more and update with photos. I will also update as much as I can while away cos I am totally addicted to this place and know how much reviews help us all. I have been lurking since June!!

I look forward to sharing my journey with you and I hope it helps some of you who maybe deciding to take the leap. Once my mind was made up I just booked it, was too scared of backing out otherwise!

Hi thinking of a tummy tuck in Prague any one suggest a place please
I am going for my tt in prague thru praga medica in july.my surgeon is dr padera.has any1 used them? Also how did u pay on the day? Card or cash? I am very unsure as im scared of getn bank charges if i use my card but not sure how or where to convert my cash to euros.any advice would be great.i am from scotland. :)
Hi, I have also booked a tt with this company for october this year and im glad to hear this from you, so far they have been fantastic in communication with me.
Aa ok , i recognize that name, The website is strange i think
Ok I see but is it short for anything else, same company?
Think it's short for beautiful bodies/bodies beautiful ...
Hi, I have only just seem that your seroma is infected. I didn't have any infections or complications with anything. I know you eaity in Prague offer any after care if it is needed, all I would have had to pay is flights. Yes the BBC direct guy is very rude. When I enquired he seemed to take it as a given I was going with them . I also wasn't impressed with their safety meausres, ok to have several procedures at once yet fly after 7 days. Beauty in Prague would only do my tuck and then it was a 10 day stay. Hopefully your seroma should heal if you try and rest...as I say I didn't have any problems like that. I found that wearing really tight compression garments helped, and keeping pillows under my legs in bed.
Thanks for the info, I will an tighten my cg a little more, I am very impressed with what u say about ur clinic, I'm going to google ur surgeon later an make some enquiries. You sound like ur healing really well, I have to say that I'm pleased with 95% of my scar and I have a small amount of swelling sometimes, it's just a tiny spot that's annoying the hell out of me...I sometimes wish I was back home in UK an able to visit a doctor who is not from the sticks and who looks at me like I've gone mad because iv had plastic surgery !
What is BBC, and BB?
It is a company that is run by an English man called mick or nick, once you make a call and enquire about ANYTHING, you are considered to be his client and have to go through bbdirect for any procedures at certain clinics in Prague. He is obnoxious avoid at all cost !
I didn't like BBC direct so didn't go with them. I am thinking tour company maybe a part of them... BBC direct don't hold the contracts to all the companies at all. I booked direct with my company and had nothing to do with anyone else. I had a small seroma but I know I was doing quite a lot. I was there for 10 days after surgery so got a lot of rest in the really important phase.
Hi Thanks for your reply, I didn't like bbdirect either, I found the man quite obnoxious, I had rang them two months after I had booked my surgery,flights, hotel etc just to enquire about medical insurance, and because of that He said i am now 'on his Books and have to book everything through him! I'm happy to hear he doesn't have ALL clinics under his belt as I will never go back to Prague if that's so. How long did u have your seroma, and did the site become infected ? Im on my second course of antibiotics and although its getting smaller( its about the size of the top of my little finger) its still leaking a little!Hope you don't mind me asking its just that theres no one on this site who seems to have anything similar, i live in the west of Ireland and my doctor doesn't have a clue, my ps has emailed me a few times but she's only going on pics I'm sending her and I feel like I'm getting nowhere fast.
Hi, no problems at all, everything has been amazing. I went with beauty in Prague and my surgeon was Dr vrtiskova. She is amazing and I am going back for an arm lift in September. Have you had any problems? If so they should be willing to help you, or see your local doctor x
Hi there, I developed a small seranoma one wk po, my ps in Prague was in touch via email an sed it was bcus I was doing too much but I wasn't, i still have it but its much better. I was happy enough with Iscare clinic but found the journey home a bit uncomfortable, did u hav to book thru bbdirect? Apparently they hav a contract on all uk and Ireland work. Wud u mind telling me which clinic u used?
Hi Are you still happy with your tummy tuck? I am thinking of having this instead of lipo as I haven't got much fat,just a protruding belly from muscle damage,from having my beautiful four boys..I have had trad lipo and the Belgian surgeon didn't do a very good job(words from another surgeon!)..By tummy has never been the same since and looks out of shape when you look at pictures... I would prefer the endoscopic tuck,as I read there is minimal scarring..The thought of a massive scar running from hip to hip scares me..I am told that you can get a washboard tummy with a tuck,but I need to find a really good surgeon in Eastern Europe,for the prices mainly and there are good surgeons out there. Take care x
Hi there, I'm three wks po after a TT in Prague, I had it done at iscare clinic with dr Vera Satankova. Did u use the same dr by any chance? How are u recovering, any po problems?

I forgot, My email adress is n***@gmail.com

Oh :) I Would looove to see The results, Im thinking of going there 6th of March, with beauty in Prague, I Will book it as soon as they reply again this week :) Im soooo excited, and happy , and nervous really nervous S:
How did everything go? Where you pleased with Beauty in Prague, Im considering them too
Hi, it is amazing and they were fabulous. If you give me your email address I will send you some photos. I cannot recommend them enough. The care was amazing from start to finish :)
Oh really? All the ladies i have spoken to were ok and s couple even when sightseeing in the last 3 days of their trip. Did you have any problems with your airline? One lady couldn't get home as she asked for assistance, but then the airline asked for a letter to clear her to fly. I get a transfer to the airport and I know they help check me and sort luggage so would that be enough assistance? I was hoping at 10 days post I would be able to hobble around the airport ok. Did you go to Prague too? X
GooD luck! Im sure all will go well! i had mine done July 11th 2012 and couldnt be happier! I would suggest pre arranging a wheel chair at check in at the airport if you havent already. You are nit going to be able to stand for long or carry bags 3 days post op. You will also get to skip ahead in customs and security if you have an airline employee pushing you in a wheelchair:)