Long-lasting Resultswere Better Than I Could Have Imagined - Portland, OR

I had always hated my nose and my profile. When...

I had always hated my nose and my profile. When talking to someone in a car, I'd angle my body so that I was facing them so they couldn't see my profile. When in bed with a boyfriend, I'd always sleep facing away, so he couldn't see my profile. I avoided having my picture taken, and when I couldn't, I'd make goofy faces. The real turning point came when I was at a wedding with an (ex) boyfriend, and thought, "When I get married, how am I going to say my vows without people seeing my profile?" Three months later, I scheduled my rhinoplasty and chin implant.

I had it done in Feb 2010. I was so excited that I didn't allow myself to be nervous. In fact, the first thing I said when I woke up after my surgery was, "That felt just like a spa day!" For a month before/after my surgery, I: took special surgery vitamins, extra vitamin C, cut out all blood thinning foods, most salt, and loaded up on protein shakes so my body could re build. I took a full two weeks off work. It has been two years since my surgery, and these have been the best two years of my life.

My nose isn't perfect - there's a tiny bump on it still and it's not perfectly symmetrical, but I love it. People say you can't expect that plastic surgery will give you self esteem or confidence or dramatically change your life, but it did all of those for me. In the past two years, I've dated the most beautiful men, have had random people come up and tell me how pretty I am, and have had pictures taken of me from every angle, and guess what? They all look great! There is such a notable difference, but you know how many people from my "past" even noticed that I had some "work done"? One. That's it! Lots of people from high school who haven't seen me in years (and guys who never ever spoke to me before) have told me how beautiful I've become, but not even my close girl friends have guessed I've had surgery.

I paid $10K for my nose job and chin implant, but you know what? If I had to do it all over again I'd happily pay twice that. If you're considering getting rhinoplasty, DO IT. I only had consultations with two doctors, and feel lucky that the surgery turned out so well. I'd recommend consulting with many doctors; look at all their before/after pictures; and don't be in a hurry. I think it took a good year + for all the swelling to go down. My nose now looks vastly different than the nose I saw when my cast was first removed - it looks better. If you're hesitating, don't. Just make sure that you pick a good doctor, and don't let the cost be a factor.

Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

He isn't the warmest person in the world, but at the end of the day, I want a doctor who is confident and competent - and Dr. Petroff is both of those. I go to other doctors for injectables (because they're cheaper), but Dr. Petroff is the only person I would trust with a scalpel on my face.

I would love to discuss our prices for injectables! :) Dr. Petroff is the only one that injects all injectables. He has been injecting since 1993 and truly is an expert on all facial anatomy. Karen
Thank you for your positive comment concerning your procedure at The Petroff Center. We appreciate your comments. Please contact me directly if you have any questions or concerns about our office. I truly would love to speak with you. Karen 503 635 4886

OMG, I so want to see your photos now! Any chance you'll post them (even blurring out your eyes)?

Thank you for sharing your inspirational story. I agree that consulting with several doctors is very important to getting the result you want. I'm glad this all worked out for you and that you're happy!