Tummy Tuck/Breast Aug - Portland, OR

38 year old mother of two boys, ages 18 and 16. I...

38 year old mother of two boys, ages 18 and 16. I have wanted to get this done for a while now (about 10 years). I would love to blame the condition of my tummy on my pregnancies with my boys but I was pretty lucky and had little to no stretch marks (depending on the light)and bounced back pretty fast after giving birth.

However the death of my Mother was a little harder on me and I gained a lot of weight and developed the lovely "apron" during that time. I have since gained and then lost weight several times and am still not at my goal weight but happened to have the money and time for this surgery now.

I had a few set backs since surgery but think I am finally on the mend.

Way past 2 months postop and still haven't...

Way past 2 months postop and still haven't been cleared for exercise, not even treadmill due to a complication on my incision and a seroma on upper right ab.

1 year post-op! first 8-9 months were hard due to...

1 year post-op! first 8-9 months were hard due to necrosis but I survived! I have lost 29 lbs since Dec 4th (8.5" from waist) and looking forward to losing 50 more! I go to the gym 3x a week and do cardio at home 3-4x a week. just completed 2 5ks in 7 days... I would never of had the confidence to take that first step into a gym without the surgery!
Dr. Workman

LOVE my nurse and everyone in the office, they have been so helpful with everything!!!

Oh you are such a sweetie to reply...thank you so much! :) You know, I completely relate to what you are saying about not really knowing a number for weight loss. BTW, your weight loss is phenomenal...that's almost a 20 lb. weight loss in two weeks! Kelrox, you are giving me hope yet! You really look fit and sculpted and so numbers on the scale and even clothing numbers don't really mean all that much in the end. :) Keep on healing & thank you sooooo much for giving me and the rest of us, lots 'n lots of hope!
Kelrox, your results are simply stunning! I think you've already arrived at your ideal weight! Do I understand this correctly; are you still wishing to lose 50 lbs.? If so, I just cannot fathom that, as you have a super svelt bod with feminine curve. Would you mind sharing your weight and height, both before surgery and at one year after? Thanks and keep having fun! :)
Thank you for such kind words! I have lost a little more weight, bringing my total loss to 34 lbs... you can't tell by my pics but I am still a size 10, which is big for my small frame and height. I am 5'4, (ok, 5'3 1/2" lol) I weighed 182 @ surgery and got up to 198 during recovery. & weighed 164 @ my last weight in, two weeks ago. I weighed 111 when I was in my 20's... so figure I have 50 more to go but upon further review, I really just want to tone up my legs and arms and lose the double chin, lol and I am sure I will lose some weight in the process but I am not going to aim for a specific weight because we all know our bodies change over time and what looked good in my twenty's would probably make me look like a scarecrow now! :) I feel good and think that is 98% of my reasoning behind wanting this surgery in the first place! Thanks again for the kind words and I hope this helps answer your question!
Wow you look awesome! I did my TT a year ago and just did a BL and BA.
Anju,
I just got your comment, thank you! I hope you are having an awesome recovery! I will look forward to pics!
Amber, thank you for the lovely comment! to answer your question, yes I did get implants (silicone), Dr. Workman did a fabulous job and has a great staff!

please know that my necrosis (on my tummy) was more than likely due to being so heavy and not the fault of Dr. Workman.
Good luck to you!
Ok, Ill check him out. Thx
You look beautiful. I know your getting that alot. So did you get breast implants I cant tell because your before photo is just tummy.... I also live in Portland, Or and I want my boobs done. Your boobs look good and real natural so its hard to tell. Well let me know something plz. Thx
You look amazing your story and pictures are very inspirational. I'm having my TT tomorrow, excited and scared.
Hope i get good results
Ur not large!!!
You look great!! What a difference!
You look fabulous!!! What a transformation you must be very happy with your results.
Wow, you before and after photos are amazing!
My ps doesn't want me doing any exercise other than treadmill with no incline and he also doesn't want me trying to cut calories right now, said I need them to heal, wants me eating lots of protien... It's nice talking with you, helps getting input from someone who understands what I am going through!! Have a fabulous day!
I am posting some after pics.
kelrox, as far as the smell goes....that is why my PS cut out all the dead smelly tissue, and why the wound is so deep now. It no longer smells because he cut all of that stuff out. I guess each PS is different, but you might want to ask him next time you see him. Mine still drains, but no smell.
I should mention I have a super sensitive nose, drives my husband crazy! Lol I don't know that it smells bad, I just can smell something and I couldn't before. Mine is also deep, scary deep but can see that it is filling in slowly. Does your ps have you on restriction as far as your diet and exercise are concerned?
Kelrox, I understand about the super sensitive nose. I have one too! :-) And yes, my wound is scary deep also, but I have had no trouble with it and it is getting smaller all the time. I have no restrictions as far as diet goes. I haven't asked about exercise, but last night I tried to do some crunches and a few other things, and I could feel it pulling, so I backed off. I have not been able to wear my compression garmet at all, because it pulls on that wound. The nurse doesn't seemed too concerned about the fact I haven't worn it. I am 9 weeks PO tomorrow. Week 8 was a turning point as far as the pain level goes! Keep in touch.
kelrox, you are shaped alot like me. I am 9 weeks post op and I also have a 3" by 3" hole under my incision. It's getting smaller all the time. But, WOW! I wasn't expecting that to happen. What does your PS say about yours? I also had seromas drained about 3 different times. Last week, I can tell I turned the corner for the the better, but it will be a while till this hole heals!
My ps said I am healing good, to keep packing, eat lots of protein and no exercise... What did yours say? I am hoping my incision will be completely healed in the next 3 weeks but we shall see! I wasn't ready for this, I thought I would be done after 3weeks..lol (this might be tmi but it seems like the smaller it gets the more it smells, no air circulation, maybe? My ps put me on antibiotics just to be safe...)
Kelrox, my PS just keeps saying "it will fill in and heal." He had to cut so much out of it, so even though it looks like it's shrinking on the outside, inside, it's still really deep! Textbooks say it could take a year to completely heal. I think it's where they took out the old belly button and there wasn't enough skin to put back together and then the skin just split open, although I don't know for sure what happened. Thankfully, It was never infected, but it's very gross and annoying! But, I know it will heal in time!
hi, i came across yr post, i know how you are feeling as i am 6 weeks 2 days post op and also have a couple of spots that are not healing. i had to have six stitches put in at four weeks that i still have. it is so frustrating, also had a small seroma which i think has just about finished draining naturaly. so fed up now still having stitches and having to wear dressings still..but saying that still so pleased with my results, and once the swelling goes i know it will be even better :)
I go in tuesday for a check up, i think they will try draining my right upper ab again... Ouch!!! My incision is slowly but surely healing, wish they would have just stitched me up again... I think I will be happy after I can return to my normal life and start exercising... Woke up this am with my tummy so tight I can barely move... Must have been mopping the floor that's causing it to swell this tight but hey my floors are clean for the first time in 3 months... Best of luck to you!!
i am 8 weeks post op this week, and i can honestly say this week is the first week i have felt ok, still a bit stiff sometimes but defo on the mend, i have had my second lot of stitches out now what a relief and my scar is now starting to heal..oh what a journey it has been! but i still am so happy i have done it. how did yr check up go ? well i hope.
Went pretty good, thanks for asking! I am 3 months out and feel pretty good but notice I get wiped out pretty easy. Still super swollen and having to wear a size bigger than before surgery... Glad to hear you are on the mend!!! Yeah!