1 1/2 year scar picture posted!

I am 34 yrs old 5'2" 110 lbs. After my second...

I am 34 yrs old 5'2" 110 lbs. After my second child I couldn't get my tummy back in shape. It was so bad I had 8 different people think I was pregnant! Since I was done having kids I decided there was no reason not to get my body back!! Since I am only 3 months PO I know I still have some healing to wait for but I am already thrilled with my result.

A year and a half later

Just thought I would post a picture of my scar!
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for posting the picture! Looks way better than my scar right now. I am 9 weeks and the scar is scary! Lol.
I think 9 weeks is way too early to worry about the scar. It takes alot of time for a scar to start fading. I noticed you are unhappy about your placement of the scar. Mine turned out too high also. Only about 50% of my bikinis that I tried on actually covered my scar. It sucks, but I can live with it. I was told it could be lowered, so I bet yours could too if it still bothers you. You look wonderful!!
I like the fact that your scar doesn't wrap around your sides at all. I think that is why I feel like I have a hula hoop on! Lol. Scar revision scares me cause I only want my scar an inch lower and I think they have to extend the scar to do it! When did your scar start to flatten out and turn white?
I lucked out with the length, I guess it was because I didn't have alot of extra skin just major muscle seperation. I'm not positive, but I don't think they have to extend your scar for a revision. If you have enough skin, I think they would cut below it and then join the two?? My scar was always flat. My PS was really into tape, so I wore tape for 6 months. I can't remember when it turned white. Somewhere around a year and its only white at the ends and about halfway in. The middle of the scar is a light brown/pink color. My bellybutton is the same color. I still don't like it. Do you like yours so far?
I like my belly button actually and my scar is thin I am just annoyed because I wanted a low scar. I am only 28 so I wear lower underwear, lower waisted jeans, bathing suits ect..I feel like I am going to have to go out and buy all new high rise grandma underwear to hide my scar! FML. Plus I feel like my sides go far back I hate everything right now. I am trying to stay positive which I am sure you understand but it is hard when I didn't sign up for a hula hoop around my body. I am hoping when it turns white I won't regret this surgery so much :-( I am glad I could see how much your scar faded! It doesn't look pink at all in the picture!
Thanks, I think it's fading well too. Yours will also, it's just a painfully slow process!! BTW my scar shows in most of my underwear too. It doesn't bother me since it's only my husband and I who will see it. I wear lower rise too, but havent had a problem. Bikini's can be tricky, they don't all cover and the one's that do barley do. It's gotta be better than the pooch, right? I hope you don't regret it. it was the best thing I ever did for myself. Even if I knew before surgery that my scar would be high and my BB wasn't great I would still do it!!
Thanks for the encouragement I am just too early on to decide how I feel I guess. It is a huge adjustment looking at the scar. Do you still having any swelling or pulling ect...by the way?
No, I don't have any swelling. I lucked out there too, I had very little swelling after surgery and then it never came back. No pulling either. I am always surprized to hear women having swelling so long after surgery. It seems like everything should be healed up by then. You're young and in good shape so you should be fine! I promise you will get used to the scar. My husband just told me last night that my scar has almost disappeared and he did't even know I was talking about it on here!
Lol he is probably stoked he doesn't have to hear about it anymore! My husband probably wants to put a muzzle on me! Did you have any MR? Not sure if that would make swelling or tightness last longer,but the tightness is annoying! Thanks for being so awesome and writing to me since this is way past over for you!
Well he still hears about my belly button!! I had alot of MR. My PS said I was in his top 10 worst cases. I couldn't stand up straight for 6 weeks. After that I was still tight, but not in a bad way. I liked the feeling, it reminded of how flat my tummy got! You're welcome, even though it's been a while it is something I still think about all the time. I had a BA a year ago, but I am still getting used to looking at myself in the mirror. It's weird :)
Oh good that gives me hope on the swelling! So you still feel really tight like you can feel pulling from the skin being tight or just tight from mr. Dear lord I just want to feel normal is that to much to ask? Lol.
I don't feel tight anymore, I did at your point of time. It should go away soon. Do you feel tight all the time or just sometimes? I remember stretching alot when I couldn't stand up straight. I would lay on the floor with my legs straight and my arms over head.
I can stand straight just feels uncomfortable were my scar is at. Like I am being pulled down by the scar or like pressure around my belly 24/7(swelling I think). I seriously am jealous of everyone I see because there stomach feels normal and mine doesn't lol!
I always felt jealous of others who love their belly buttons. I think it's common to feel that way about something. Everyone heals differently and people just have different experiences. Maybe when the swelling goes away the pulling will also. It could also be the scar healing. Right after my surgery my scar was pleated, maybe yours was too. After about a month it stretched itself out.
Thanks JGirl I think it is just the fact that everything is just all around tight, tight, tight,.... Lol hope I return to semi normal state soon!
You look awesome! Can't wait Til I'm on the flat side!!!
You look great. I'm glad you got the results you were hoping for. Thanks for your prayers.