Upper/lower Blepharoplasty - Poland

Hi, I thought I would share this with you all as...

Hi,
I thought I would share this with you all as I have had a lot of help from reading all your fantastic journeys.

I always had saggy upper eyelids with fat above and below the eyes too.
I always felt and looked tired as my lids were weighing down on my eyeleashes. I decided enough was enough when people kept asking me if I was tired or if I had a swollen eye etc.

I looked into this on the internet and decided to travel to Poland to get the surgery. I wasn`t disappointed with my surgery at all, I was well looked after and everything went well, no pain at all even though it was only a local aneastetic, strange experience lol.

I am now 7 days after surgery and happy so far, apart from my left eye seems to show more white underneath the iris than the right, I`m hoping this is partly due to a blister in this area of the eye. I looked at older pics and have always had this anyway so I think I may be being too paranoid lol.

Update for today, 8th day. I had a very unhealthy...

Update for today, 8th day. I had a very unhealthy meal last night and woke up quite swollen this morning, but after icing the area it has calmed down again. So it seems, like people already said on here, that bad food makes a difference but its only temporary. I have took a photo to see if anyone can give me advice. I feel, or imagining lol, that the eye that is healing better has been stitched and pulled up slightly tighter at the outer edge than the other eye. Could I possibly massage the outer scar of the tighter eye to see if I can loosen it a it? Or am I being stupid lol. I know there is some swelling still which will change things but if anyone could help this would be great.

Well its now day 10 and things are moving on...

Well its now day 10 and things are moving on slowly but slight differences day to day lol. I need to stop looking in the mirror at it all the time hoping its all healed!!
I have started using bio oil yesterday to soften scars at outside of my eyes which will hopefully make them heal quicker. I also started massaging the left eye to hopefully lift the lower lid a little. I know its still swollen but I`m being impatient lol. I massage it upwards and also have started to squeeze my eye to tighten the muscle.
The only discomfort I have had is a little itching on my scars from time to time. Hope everybody is healing well :)

A quick update.
i went back to work yesterday exactly two weeks after surgery. I still had a bit of swelling, bruising on one eye and bit of scar showing at each side of outer eyes. I put on some dermablend to conceal it which i think helped a lot. I had a lot of different reactions lol. I had to tell people i had had an eye infection as i was still recovering cause I knew people would notice. Comments i got were, you look tired, you look younger, your eyes are swollen, you've lost weight twice lol and someone asked if id had my eyes done. I was very nervous going back to work but the reality is that people don't really pay that much attention and they don't care, so if anyone else is concerned at peoples reactions don't be. You might get the odd comment but then people forget all about it.

Bl

bl

Here are my latest pics, still a bit of swelling...

Here are my latest pics, still a bit of swelling but I notice my scars are less bumpy and softer.

Update for 12th July

Hi all, I`ve not been on for a while so I thought I`d put up my pics from 3 months after the surgery. All my swelling has gone and the scars are not red anymore and healing very well.
I am very happy with the surgery and would recommend it to anyone.
Europe surgery

Looking on the internet.

Hi there did bio-oil help??
Its hard to tell, I think it helped, it certainly didn`t do any harm. I would use it again if I had more surgery.
Hi Mark, Your results are incredible. Do you think you can share us the name of your surgeon? It would be really helpful if you could. Thanks!
Hi there, thanks for the kind comments. The surgeon was Adam Kalecinski, he works in Wrawclaw in Poland. If you go to google, type in europe surgery you will find his website. If you want to know anything else just ask :)
Thank you Mark :-) Appreciate your help.
Hi, would you say that the swelling diminished faster after day 7 or so? I just had lower Bleph five days ago and am trying to gauge my own recovery… Any insights on swelling would be greatly appreciated… Thank you!
It took quite a while for the swelling to fully go down, its amazing how you think that you have recovered but then you notice very small changes every few days. Patience is the key to recovery:)
You look fantastic Mark! I think eyelid surgery is one of the best cosmetic treatments, it is quick, with minimal risk of complications plus you can see first results within few days :)
Thank you so much, im really happy with the results and people think I look younger and more refreshed looking now.
Yes you def look more refreshed! I have heard about Adam and have someone on facebook who goes to him for everything! I had my upper eyelids done 3 weeks ago in Prague though,after two years of research.. I have read some mixed reviews about Adam,but it looks like he has done a great job :-) I have swelling and redness still though and some( medial fat?) still in the corner of my eye. I guess it's a waiting game though..Healing/pain seems to be worse now that I am older. Having had my lower eyes done some years back for 'hereditary' puffiness..I went to Cyprus for that and remember healing really fast. Would you have more work done anywhere else if needed. I feel it can become quite addictive..Already searching for rhino surgeons,LOL :-0 Best wishes.
Hi Mark, your eyes look great, could you mail me the details of your surgeon pls, it's so helpful to chat over good recommendations! Thanks, Caroline
The surgeon I used was called Dr Adam Kalecinski. The place was immaculate and very modern and professional. I would highly recommend him, you visit his surgery every morning after the operation to get wounds cleaned and checked. The only disappointment was that once I came home to the UK from having the operation in Poland I had absolutely no after care emails or phone calls to check on my recovery. I don't know if this is the norm but I dare say if I had any problems I could've contacted them. His website is www.europesurgery.co.uk/index.php Hope this helps.
I've booked in to have my eyes done in October, your review here helped make that decision, I guess as he does them so frequently that he's got to be quite an expert by now! I'll speak to them re aftercare but just hope it all goes ok, thank you for getting back to me, Caroline
Good luck Caroline. You will be well looked after over in Poland, I`m sure it will go smoothly, when I was there there were a lot of people every morning getting their wounds looked at and cleaned up so you get to know them and find out what they had done. A woman had her eyes done 6 months earlier and they looked amazing, you couldn`t see the scars at all. Look forward to it and keep thinking of the positive outcome at the end of it all :)
Wow, your latest photo look great Mark.
Thank you very much.
Hi Mark! I would like to tell you that you look great! Just perfect! I had my upper eyelid done 16 days ago, I use to have very puffy eyes, I really liked the results but I am concerned about the scar. My PS recommend massaging the incision with an eye cream twice daily, I`ve been doing this and don't see results. I have a few bumps and discoloration across the line. Do you mind to give me some advice or suggest a cream or any product to help? I really appreciate your attention. Many thanks, Anastacia
Hi Anastacia, Thank you for your kind comments. I used mederma cream to massage into the scars. I also massaged my scars for probably a month, I`m not sure if this really helped but I did it anyway. I think time is the best healer as I felt that my scars were really hard raised and red but within time they have softened up lots and are now not that red at all. It takes a long time for scars to heal and go white so you just have to be patient. I noticed you had puffiness like me and I`m sure you will be thrilled with your eyes in a few months.
Hi Mark, I feel my scars exactly like you said, hard and raised, with little bumps. I wiil look for medema, I don't know if its sold here in Brazil, but I know another one called KeloCote, have you heard about it? I will follow your advice. Many, many thanks!
I`ve not heard of that but another one ive used is called bio oil to massage into the scars. I think that massage definitely helps soften the scars but like you said time is the best healer. I also liked to put ice pack on my eyes as I would get swelling in the morning and this helped a lot. Hope this helps.
Wow mark, you look great. I'm so happy you finally healed. I know you we're stressed for a while, but it looks like everything is going well. I can't see any wrinkling which I know you we're concerned with. Congrats! I might update some pics
Thanks very much. It is amazing how you think you wont heal anymore but slowly it does. I think people have to be aware of the long healing time to be completely happy with their results. My scars are still healing and getting softer so it does take time. Yeah you should update your pics, it would be good to see how well your doing now :)
Hey mark. How did that one eye turn out. Did the redness and swelling go away. I'm at the point now like I didn't even have surgery. Everything has settled. Hoping the same for you. Our recoveries were so similar.
Hiya, nice to hear from you. Well I`m slowly getting better. My scars have become softer, still red but that will pass. One eye has healed well but the other is a bit slower. The droopiness of the eye has improved but I have what looks like swelling under the eye still, almost feels like a bit of rubber. I`m hoping time and patience will clear this up. All said and done I`m still not healed properly yet, still have to put dermablend on the red scars to hide them and have some very slight `folds` where scars meet if I bend over or tilt my head, and also the lump under my eye lol. but I feel really glad I done it, it does feel and look a lot better even at this stage so I`m not worried at all, just happy :)
I'm glad your getting better. I remember my surgeon telling me before surgery about patience and how the end product would still be better than the big bags I started with. Try using bio oil too on your incision lines. It helps with healing and is good for your skin. It won't hurt to try. Take care. :)