Diastasis Recti Repair Gone Bad - Anchorage, AK

Last year in January I had Dr. Janna Cole repair a...

Last year in January I had Dr. Janna Cole repair a major bulge that had occurred in my linea alba. Her method of repair was to do an incision (like that for abdominoplasty) and lift the skin up like a pup tent and sew up the diastasis Recti.

Part of post recovery required me to have two drain tubes that she removed after 6 days because I was very lean & she was concerned about the tubes adhering to my dermal layer. After the tubes were removed I had to go in 3 times to have a fluid pocket aspirated (very painful process), then a abnormal fat pocket developed where the fluid pocket was. I had gone in for two revisions 3 months apart (lipo to remove fat pocket) and then moved out of state in August last year. So now I still have the abnormal fat pocket a year later on my abs that I will have to pay someone else to remove.

I was very disappointed with the process & the doctors inability to make sure the problem was resolved before I had moved. She knew that I was going to be moving from the very beginning of the process.

Well after talking to Dr. Cole who has offered to...

Well after talking to Dr. Cole who has offered to fix her mistake by redoing her surgery (since her 2 previous revisions have not fixed the problem), I have decided it would be better to go with Dr. Shapiro who is here in AZ versus fly all the way back to the doctor who has botched my surgery several times (including 3 revisions to correct my belly button in 2011 when she fixed my umbilical hernia). I was disappointed when Dr. Cole was unwilling to take the cost of the surgery center ( which she was going to pay for, to redo the surgery she botched) and apply it to the surgery I have to get to fix her mistake. I was also sad to find out that two of my clients who I had referred to Dr. Cole were dealing with similar situations with regards to a poor corrective surgery procedures & very poor regional follow ups.

With the recent change of events I would not recommend Janna Cole to anyone seeking any type of plastic surgery. I know Anchorage limited so please save yourself thousands of dollars and go out of Alaska and find a doctor who gives a cares about the work they do and the follow up care with their patients.
Anchorage Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Cole's bedside manner is very good. She is very good at breast augmentations however she really needs to improve with the work she does on the stomach. Whether it's fixing an umbilical hernia, performing abdominoplasty, or repairing diastasis recti, the belly is not her prime media. 2/5/13 update: she botched a good friends augmentation in bad way! Save yourself time and money, fly out of Alaska to get your procedure done.