Tummy Tuck - To eliminate the huge spare tire - Pittsburgh, PA

To eliminate the huge spare tire & possible...

To eliminate the huge spare tire & possible thinning of upper abs, extensive thinning of inner thighs with additional lipo to thin the back, flanks, hip and left outter thigh. I had three kids and was schedueld for ab repair as well but told 4 days post op that ab repair was not performed as it was not needed. This was mentioned (in passing). Is this normal?

Jan 31st Update, added a few new Post Op Pics

Jan 31st Update, added a few new Post Op Pics

Three weeks & 5 days Post Op. Finally feel...

Three weeks & 5 days Post Op. Finally feel like I've turned the corner this past week. Standing approx 95% upright and of course stiff in the evenings right now. Unfortunately, inner thighs are and will be swollen and hard for some time due to the ultrasonic lipo trauma. Standard lipo hardening everywhere else. Continue lymphatic massage treatments and manual massage. Updated progress photos, developed HBP (High Blood Pressure) this past week 140/100 (no history of HBP) docs putting me on beta blockers perhaps its due to the trauma of the surgery or still having to take pain meds?

My PS stated that he didnt do the muscle repair...

My PS stated that he didnt do the muscle repair because when he pulled the muscles together I would buldge on my sides and didn't want me to be "boxy" and have no waist at all. Anyone heard of this before?

3MPO

3MPO
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Good for you! Your making alot of progress and look great =)
Wow looking good. So it looks like you dont have no stretch marks at all. Thats fantastic. Tummy looks tight

You're looking great!

Your updated pixx look great!! I'm finding my belly button is too much of an outie and big. Has yours changed at all?
Mine is still by far too big, round and an outtie also. My belly area around my BB is rock hard and numb from the lipo but as I massage and the hardening slowly settles so does my BB. (Its now soft) At least compared to how it was protruding in the beginning. My PS stated I had to wait until 6 months to discuss revisions to let things settle. I am ok with that but wanted to make my concen known in the beginning.
It is very foreign to me having this thing on my belly, maybe its because my BB has always been hidden prior? I still wont touch it. LOL
Your pics look great!
I too am not used to seeing something by my belly button. I used to just have a what looked like a never ending hole haha. Your looking great!
Wow you look awsome. I can only imagine how happy you are. Congratulations to you...
Great results! Who was your surgeon? I'm also from Pittsburgh, and am scheduled for March 15th. Curious to see who your dr. was though b/c I saw 4 before I chose one!
My Doc is Dr. Hurwitz, His Website is: http://www.hurwitzcenter.com/html/results-gallery.html
Good Luck!
You look great girl!!
Just before i went into surgery when my PS was marking me up he did one last check on my abdomen and said it wasn't necessary to do any muscle repair as my muscles were strong underneath the extra skin. He said it wouldn't benefit me at all! So far i'm liking the results but still think i'm pretty swollen at times as well. Your pictures look Great!
You results are great! My doc recommended I have an extended TT also, however, he said the scar would go all the way around to the butt crack. Yours does not. I am glad to see your review I am going to ask my PS about scar position again. Congrats on your progress!

So, your surgeon must mean that you had no muscle separation when she or he got in there... Your tummy looks pretty flat, even in those just post-op shots, so that should be encouraging.

Even though this kind of thing (not doing muscle repair when you thought they would) is probably routine for your surgeon, mentioning it in passing seems a little odd. I would want to know right away.

If you feel you chose a good, board certified surgeon, though, I think you can rest easy that he or she knows what they're doing.

Here's a question from someone who did not receive muscle repair (very different than your situation, but I thought the doctor answers about each tummy tuck being customized to the patient, was interesting).

I hope you'll come back and post more of your story and photos as you continue to heal!

Thank You for your feedback. You are correct. Let me attempt to clarify perhaps while I'm not so groggy. During my PreOp visit my surgeon commented that he might not need to do muscle repair but he wasn't 100% sure and that he was concerned that IF he did it would make me "boxy". While he was doing my markings for surgery I asked if we were doing my Ab muscle repair he said yes so I assumed such. I asked the lady at my 4 day Post Op visit if my Ab muscles were repaired and she immediately said no they didn’t need it. I go tomorrow to have the drains out so I will ask him to explain so I have a have a better understanding of how this decision was made and why for my peace of mind.

I'm definitely comfortable with my surgeon selection, reputation and the hospital he operates out of. I spent the first night in the hospital and could have never imagined going home the same day as most do.
And I did post a few new photos (Once approved should be available to view). I cant wait to stand up straight (aside from the killer pain in my back muscles from standing) Call me silly I have to laugh, I get a kick out of seeing how flat I already am down the center and to not have my full hips anymore.