46DDD

I sought a breast reduction because I have always...

I sought a breast reduction because I have always been self conscious about the size of my breast. I often would hide inside to avoid looks and the judgement about the size of my breast, which is currently more than a 46DDD. I can't wait to have them reduced. I have my consultation 6/25/13. Wish me luck!
I'm praying all goes well!!!
Thank you for your prayers! I am doing great, and I am at home resting.
Thank you all for your support, I will try to keep you all up to date as I go through my transformation.

This is the final office visit before my big day

I was under the impression that I would have idea of the size of my breast instead I got doctor terms, such as 1000 liters from both breast. What I understand that to mean to weigh as much as two bottles of pedialyte. This only gives me an ideal that there will be a lot of weight removed as well as the nipple.
Pounds* stupid predictive text lol
Yup 2 1/2 PDA frm each breast exactly ;)
Congrats I'm having 41/2pds removed I'm Hoping for a small c

Tummy Tuck

I thought I would be able to get both my breast and my stomach done at the same time., but my doctor advised me that I will have to lose another 20 lbs.. I am upset with that because I want to make sure everything is perfect, and that the time off from work would be limited. I guess that would be selfish. I need to take one step at a time. I will be paying for the tummy tuck out of pocket.
Oh, love that your from Pittsburgh. That's no far from here. About 1 1/2 hr. drive.
I'm glad that I decided to become a Pittsburgher! This place is amazing and there is some much it has to offer me.
I have a friend who had a BR and a tummy tuck at the same time, it took her 4 months before she could go back to work. So you r prob. better off doing each separately. I would think that you would heal better and faster if your body didn't have to heal so......much tissue all at once. The BR is a lot to heal and it takes time.

Counting down for the day's until the big day....

Today will make the 10th day that I am waiting to undergo a breast reduction. I have talked to my friends and shared some laughs, but in reality this is a do or die situation. This breast are out of control. I am looking forwarded to becoming less of an conversation piece because of the size of my breast. Once I have completed this surgery. I will be looking to reduce the size of my belly. I had an abdominal hysterectomy in 2013 and my insurance company won't cover the procedure, but I am not worried about it. I will work if I have to, to insure it will happen.
Best of luck to you fellow pittsburgher. I wish you the best and i will keep you in my prayers
Thank you for your prayers. I have made it home safely and with minimum pain.

Resolving the issues of big breast

We are at the last stages of dealing with reducing my breast size. I think my nerves got the best of me this last week, but i'm doing better of me. I now back on track. My Doctor says that I will not have to use the silicone anchor gel patches, which is a good thing. I can't wait to undergo this surgery. I know that it will lead to less stress in my life. I looking forwarded to my breast sitting above my stomach. I have a total of 3 days left.

My looks have already changed!

I awakened in the recovery room with a view of my stomach. I am so proud of the outcome of the breast reduction surgery from West Penn Hospital performed by Dr. Robert H. Kang in Pittsburgh PA. I could not ask for a better view. I don't know the size but he did state that my right breast could not be weighed on the scale, and here I was thinking it was my breast that was to heavy; I now know that I was in a tremendous amount of pain daily.
So happy for you and you have to be feeling so much lighter. Get your rest and enjoy your new boobs.
Thank you and I am!

OMG the visual of your breast on the scale is hilarious...(not on your body of course)! I cannot even imagine the load you were carrying. I'm so excited for you to start healing. Thank you so much for being part of the community and both paying it forward with your story AND supporting others. #grateful

Recovering from a a bilateral reduction mammoplasty with a free nipple graft

On August 7,2013 I was admitted to West Penn Hospital in Pittsburgh PA to have a breast reduction. My surgeon was Dr. Robert H. Kang, whom at this point I feel that he is best within his field. He was able to deliver a beautiful outcome to a very serious situation. I have decided to release photos of my procedure after meeting with Dr. Kang to ensure that any concerns I would have were addressed and vis versa. I also wanted to say thank you to all of the women who have shared their personal stories along the way and who have helped me both emotionally and physically!

You look great!!! :)
Thank you!
Girl...you working that strapless dress...

Feeling the love

Lady's and gentlemen this surgery is the best thing that I could have ever bought myself! I have endured some much pain in the past from family, friends, co-workers, and complete strangers because of the size of my breast. I am more confident now there ever. I can walk into a building without worrying that I would be hurt emotionally or physically. For the men and women who are considering this procedure (breast reduction), I urge you to take the time to find a Doctor that is board certified and who listens to your every word and can interpret your body language and can make a professional decision that is medically best for you! Good Luck to you, and I hope to post pictures to this site within a year that way I will be completely healed from surgery!
Wow! You are looking so good! They really have gotten a lot smaller!! Thank you for your inspirational posts. They will really help people who are on the fence. I agree, this procedure is a wonderful thing to do for yourself and makes life much more comfortable.
I agree, I went for a light jog today and it felt wonderful. Now, I can't wait to get into the gym!

My One Month Anniversary

It has been one month today that I had my breast reduction surgery and I can't be happier! I am able to go walking and jogging without tipping over. I am completely satisfied with my recovery so far. As each day goes by my stitches get smaller and smaller. I am waiting for my nipples to form at this point so I can see the complete job. Once again I agree that this procedure is a medical procedure and not for a cosmetic surgery. If you have an insurance company that refuses to pay for the surgery, my advice would be to appeal the process, and get as much medical proof from your doctors to the women/men who do you mammogram screening to evaluate your breast. If I had to do it over again I would. Dr. Kang is a wonderful doctor.
Yay! Congrats to you! I'm so happy to hear your recovery is going so well :)

I went to see Dr. Kang today and it was relatively fast and straightforward. I am still in the process of healing. My nipples have dried out and I am waiting to see what is underneath. I will add a photo of what my breast look like in a top.
You look fantastic!!!! The shirt look so nice on you :)) I am so happy for you that you are so thrilled with your results!!!!
I have my moments when I think back- and say I would do it again! Thanks!

Wow, you look amazing. Completely proportionate. I'm so happy you're happy and continue to keep us updated.

Today was my last visit with Dr. Kang

I have been cleared to resume life as I know it. I am very happy with the results thus far, and I would recommend Dr. Kang of Western Penn Hospital here in Pittsburgh, PA for cosmetic surgery. Again, I had surgery on August 7th, 2013 and I already have nipple sensitivity at three months and my scars look great. I will continue to heal in privacy and I plan to update my current photos In August 2014! Good Luck to you all...
It has been three months since I had my breast reduction, and I am feeling great! At this point and time I have not measured my breast to find out what size I am.  I am waiting until after my tummy tuck, because I think my band width will change. I am experiencing discoloration of my nipples, but I do have nipple sensation which is great. I can also see where my nipple is peaking out at the top. I feel this is great. I opted not have my nipples reconstructed after my originals fell off. Overall, I think thinks are looking great! When I become aroused my nipples become hard and once the session is complete they weather up.... How cute!
i had a reduction..  the doc removed too much... but as i got older they started to get smaller unevenly so know i am looking for implants.  lol...what the heck... lol..  i know your back as mine felt so much better...
Sounds like a great idea!

I changed my mind and decided to share my photos

It has been four months post op after a breast reduction!
I ordered the silicone scar sheets for my breast, so that I can reduce the look of my scars. The Doctors say that I will have to wear them for 12 hours in a day, and they are washable which is great!
Just looked at myself in the mirror, and I was focused on my breast only and they look great! I am happy that I chose Dr. Kang for the procedure he did a great job. I am experiencing no pain and no extra hang over the bra.
You look great and as more time passes you scar will fade even more! I'll be a year I a few days and my scars are almost not seen. Congratulations girl!

God has blessed me...

I am feeling great about my breast reduction. I am still adapting to the new size of my breast and I am still shying away from getting them measured. I have noticed that they are becoming rounder so that is an added plus and my chest is muscular up to which is another added plus! I am happy with my results and I look forward to the day when I can start to run again!
You look like you're doing great!! Congratulations :)
Yes, I can see definition with my breast. So, I am doing really good....
Congrats on the great results - you look great !!

Looking at the results @ 7 months post-op

The male response has not changed they still stare but my personal attitude has changed for the better. I am fighting the desire to go bra shopping for example Victoria Secret's until my first year is up. I am awaiting five more months. I can now buy bras at the retail store that range in price from $5-$15 which is something I could not do before my breast reduction. I am happy wearing one size fits all sports bra. At times I find myself having to pull the bra down because it's big. I stand by this procedure for woman with extra large breast.

Just wanted to let you know how I am doing.....

I have included a photo of my breast post-op......
I am also scheduled to have a mammogram within a few weeks then I will know if the breast reduction has been successful at meeting all of my needs.
Your surgeon did an awesome job! I'm so happy for you that this surgery has improved the quality of your life, just as it should!
Thank you for the support!

40 D cup size one year after a breast reduction...

Since my surgery last year, I have gone from a 46+++ to A 40 D cup in my bra size, and I could not be happier with the results. I am now able to wear a variety of bra styles ranging from a Barlett bra to a strapless bra without any hang over tissue above or below the bra. I also had Free Nipple Grafting (FNG), and the scars are coming along better. At times I still worry about the size of the nipples, and that could just be my nerves because I am still not use to see my nipples. I do feel very blessed to have undergone my breast reduction with Dr. Kang of West Penn Hospital here in Pittsburgh, PA.
You look just great
Thank you!
Wow, you look great!! Thanks for the update, I enjoyed reading your story :)
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

This statement is solely my personal opinion of the plastic surgeon whom, I have chosen to perform a bi-lateral mammoplasty (breast reduction) for myself. My Gynecologist Dr. Christina Labella of West Penn Hospital in Pittsburgh, PA referred me to Dr. Robert H. Kang business office, after I had expressed concerns about my body. My impression of him is that he is a man of minimal words, and asks relevant questions to access my desired look, and in return, he interpreted what is cosmetically correct for my body shape and which is beneficial to my health. Keep in mind I experienced extremely large breasts that lie on my stomach, and weighed, so much that I would literally, lean forward when walking since I hit puberty. If you are looking for an experienced Plastic Surgeon, please consider Dr. Robert H. Kang of West Penn Hospital, in Pittsburgh PA. I have enclosed a hyperlink below, so that you may see for yourself his experience, certifications, and associations. I have experienced his work first hand, and I believe that he is the top of the line, and I am impressed with his professionalism. http://www.wpahs.org/find-a-doctor?id=11116919