Breast Removal with Capsules - Pittsburgh, PA

I've had saline implants for 14 years with no...

I've had saline implants for 14 years with no problems. I am now 38 years old with 2 small children. In the past year, I've had some health issues.. just some here and there, but started with a UTI infection, then panic attacks. I got through that and seemed to be okay for 6 months, but recently started with breast pain. I went to the PS shortly after it started and he told me I had capsular contracture (Baker I & II). I pretty much decided before the appointment that I wanted them out. He said he was going to do a simple explantation, but after going home and feeling awful since these pains started, I've decided on getting the capsules taken out as well. I am scared to go under the knife and having anxiety. If anyone is going through or have gone through, please let me know what to expect.

My gynecologist referred him.

Thanks for thinking of me beagle baby. No regrets now. I guess maybe the thought did cross once or twice, but I knew it was a matter of time and really it's so nice not to worry about them anymore! I know I made the right decision for me getting them out. Still a tiny bit sore. Stitches are dissolving. Doing more each day. Will be glad when I can start exercising. Glad to hear you are doing well!!!
Hi AnnMa . . .Just checking in to see how you are doing. It's been almost 2 weeks since your explant. Hope things are healing up good for you. Have you had any regrets about getting then out? I did for just one fleeting moment. It's been almost 7 weeks for me and I feel like I never had implants in. It's almonst hard to remember what it felt like. I'm getting started back into exercising, taking it slow. Yoga starts tomorrow (that will be tough)
Thanks beagle baby for answers. I really didn't have a lot of swelling from what I can tell. They are starting to look better each day. One sort if has dimple on top but nothing I cant live with. If it doesnt get better. Did a little too much today, so laying on couch now.
I wore a sports bra for the first couple of weeks day and night. After 2 weeks i decided not to sleep in it but ended up getting up and putting it on. It just felt better, the breast seemed a little tender yet. At about 3 weeks I quit sleeping in it. I still have a little soreness under my right arm, hopefully it will go away soon. Am going to start exercising again but plan on going very light on upper body for a few weeks yet.

Has your swelling gone down yet? You should be starting to "fluff" up. Thing will really start to take shape in the next few weeks. Time sure does fly . . . a week already.
It will be a week tomorrow since explant and feeling great today. First day sleeping in my bed. Slept so good! Took a long shower and feel even better. Still a tad sore but nothing bad. I never had to take pain pills after I left hospital. Pain was never bad. The only thing that was uncomfortable for me were the drains. Just so glad to be on the road to recovery and back to my natural self. I am so glad I made the decision and did it as soon as I did. I feel a weight has been lifted emotionally. No more worrying about ruptures and what things they could be doing to my body!
Feeling pretty good!! Feels so good to be natural again!! Were you in compression bras after your first follow up. They just gave me a bra to wear but not much compression at all and wondering if I should wear one for a few days especially since I was still having drainage. I will be happy in a week or do when everything heals and no risk of infection. Work is ok. My husband drove us and I just have my feet propped up and not doing much. I am off tomorrow so will be able to relax. Shower was wonderful!!!
Glad to hear your drains came out. How are you feeling without the implants???? That shower is goiing to feel so good, I took a nice long one once I was able to shower. How was going back to work today? Don't do to much to fast.
Drains came out today!! Input in one was still high but PS said he wanted them out after PA told me it would be another few days. I guess dr has a recent problem with drain and told me he doesn't want to see it again. So i don't know if he is changing his approach on them or what. Hope everything is ok and my body absorbs it but just so glad they are gone. Feel sooooo much better!!!
Can't wait to shower tomorrow either!!
Getting close to 30 on one side and pale yellow. Other side which had baker ii is still around 50 for last 24 hrs but still pinkish. It is decreasing by about 15 each side this 24 hr. so hoping at least that the next.
Thanks newdawn!
I am so happy to hear you are well, except for the drains and not sleeping but soon this part will be over. It's amazing to look back and realize how far I've come and soon you will be there too. Hang in there and be kind to yourself about the laying around part because that is an important part of the healing.
Hi beagle baby. Just getting frustusted. Not one to lay around and it's really getting to me but I know I need my rest. I don't think y output is low enough to get drains out tomorrow. So bummed. I can't stand them and not being able to shower. Feel do yucky and so tired from not sleeping. Keep telling myself only a few more days and the discomfort will be over. Did your drainage slow gradually or was it more sudden?
They slowed gradually, but once they got to a certain point it all of a sudden stoped to nothing. What is the output of your drains down to? You may be surprised the ps night take them out.
Hi AnnMa . . Glad to hear you are doing good. I agree, the drains are the worst part of the whole thing. I am now 6 weeks post and I think my results are what I see now.I have always had asymetrical breast, thats the reason i got implants, aside from that mine look pretty good. I and going to have fat transfer to the breast after the first of the year to make them symetrical. My ps said to let them heal for 6 months then I am going to do the Brava system of expansion and have the fat transfered from my stomach and thighs. I keep saying I'm going to post pics, I took before and after. I have them downloaded in my computer at my store, so maybe when I go back to work on tuesday I'll upload some.
Take care and don't do to much to soon. I am just at the point now where I can lift my arm straight above my with almonst no pulling. It take awhile for them to really heal.
I am feeling pretty good. Not a lot of pain at all. Didn't have to use any pain pills. Hard to sleep on back. Drains ate worst part. I hope I can get out on Monday. Hopefully my drainage will be low enough. It is slowing down today. I can't wait for this to be all over and put behind me. I am not wrapped too tight so I can see. Not too bad. Flattened but hopefully they will fluff up some. How was your result?
Got through it!! Almost chickened out and told dr to just take implants out and he said no the plan is made. Havha. He was great though. Drains are a pain and hurt but feeling pretty good. So relieved!!!! Going to get some sleep! Thanks for your support.
I was nervious to, it will be over before you know it. Take it easy for a few and gets lots of rest. Don't try to do to much to soon. Think of you today.
So nervous right now!!
Good luck tomorrow AnnMa, will be thinking of you.
Hi AnnMa . . Three more day to go and you'll be implant free. I'm sure your getting pretty nervious now. You'll breeze right through it Just thing about how good you'll feel with them. Lots of luck. Keep in touch.
Hello all!

I recently had my explant done and with left side having a large CC! Definitely request the CC removed completely and cleaned thoroughly as you do not want to have any implant residue and so on that can lead to other issues later on (possibly). You will be SO happy when you get them out. I am too naturally an A cup and although I'm tiny nothing surpasses the good conscious you will have afterwards.
The next 3 weeks will fly by, before you know it it will be the 16th. I think you will do great. It will be 3 weeks tomorrow since mine were out, I can't even explane how good I feel. My inner knees have been swollen for quite a while & sometimes they will get really red. Since I had the implants out it is amazing how good my joint feel, my inner knees aren't swollen anymore. I was told several years ago that blood test came back positive for Lupus, I can't wait to have the blood work done again, just to see what shows. I read where the FDA said that silicone implants won't cause these types of disorders, my verdict is still out on this one. I only know how my body felt with the implants in all those years, and how it feels now after only 3 weeks without them. Maybe it's in my head, but I doubt it.

Keep me posted on how you are doing.
Thanks!! Actually surgery is 3 weeks from tomorrow. Aug 16 th. getting so nervous. Just want it to be over and done with!!!
So, tomorrow is the big day, you have made plans and now it's time to just relax. I wish you the best tomorrow with your surgery, and recovery. You are going to feel so much better and hopefully your health issues will resolve. You are about to start a new chapter in your life, one that will bring health and joy.....I'm excited for you... :)