My Mommy Makeover - Phoenix, AZ

I am a 29 year old female standing 5"4 who...

I am a 29 year old female standing 5"4 who weighed 210 lbs and then lost 80 pounds in about 9 months. I had excess skin that I needed removed.

Photo Update

Dr. Jack Obadia

I went to Dr. O because I had a friend who had gone to him 2 years previous. She went because her friend used him for her surgies. I have since suggested him to a friend of mine who also has had surgery by him.

You look really good! I love how low your scar is on your hips.
Thank you, I will be posting my 12 week photos in one week!
Yay! Can't wait to see
Thanks for the food list. I feel like I'm turning into jello- not being able to run or lift weights yet. Nice results! How long ago was your surgery?
I feel you! My surgery was Dec. 14 2010..still healing and waiting...lol

That's an awesome list! Thank you. I'm going to link to it on my Facebook page, Moms Who Want Their Bodies Back.

No prob! I love these foods, because the more you eat, the more calories you burn!

Great job losing all that weight! MInd if I ask how you did it?

Ty! I reduced my calorie intake and tried to eat negative calorie foods as often as possible. I exercised 6 days a week and tried to reset my metabolism by eating smaller meals more frequently. I also gained muscle by strength training which burns more calories while your resting. :)

Nicely done! What are negative calorie foods?

Thank you!

Negative calorie foods are foods that burn more calories to digest than they contain, yet still allow you to get the daily amount of calories you need. Here is a list of foods with Negative Calories:
Vegetables

Grapefruit Rhubarb **
Guava * Strawberry
Honeydew Melon, Tangerine
Lemon * Watermelon

The ones with astricks are negative calorie foods that your body works harder to digest, thereby burning more calories.

Combining negative calorie foods with good protein sources not only helps control appetite but will help maintain the metabolism because total calories are not cut too much, plus the amino acid pool is maintained which limits the loss of muscle.
Wow! What a great accomplishment. You must be so proud. I'm sure that it could not have been easy. Your results look great! Did you have a tummy tuck only or other procedures at the same time?
I had a breast augmentation with a lift as well. Unfortunately I had tons of skin there too. :(
You look fantastic!! Congrats on the weight loss!
Thank you!