Lifestyle Lift with Scars. - Phoenix, AZ

Had Lifestyle Lift done January. Pros: The...

Had Lifestyle Lift done January.

Pros: The waddle in my neck is gone.

Cons: I have lots of itching and scarring in front and back of my ear even after using Scarguard faithfully.

Dr. Gael DeRouin

I was told I wouldn't be able to see the stitches he does which is a complete lie. My are visible with raised scars 10 months later.

Thanks, Britt. I just ordered ScarAway from Amazon. Feedback says it works, but you never know. Did you have this procedure, too?

Rachel

Hi Rachel,

Thanks for the update, no I'm the dermatology moderator here at RealSelf. Please let us know how the ScarAway works and how you are doing.

Thanks,

-Britt

Sharon, No, I'm not a makeup wearer. I just didn't go out of the house because it was embarrassing and looked like my husband had beat me up.

Oh my 202697anon,

Has the bruising gone down, how are you doing now?

-Britt

Yes, the bruising is gone, but the scars on both the front and back of my ears are still there which makes me self-conscious.

I at first asked if you could cover the scares with your hair, but that was before I saw your super cute short cut (which looks great). Are the scars that noticable could you do a scar removal procedure? What did your doctor say? Please keep me updated. You look so happy in your picture :)
-Britt

Britt, what is a scar removal procedure? I have never heard of anything like this except some of the products that claim to remove scars. I used ScarGuard which didn't work. I read about another one called Scar Away which I'm going to try to find when I get near a Target.

When you ask, what did my doctor say, are you talking about Dr. DeRouin? I did talk to him a couple months after the surgery and he said it will take about 6 months or so and the scars will be gone. Not.

Hi 202697,

Here is some info on scar removal procedures. Hope it helps. :) Please keep me updated.

-Britt

Welcome to RealSelf and thanks for sharing your story.

Is the bruising all the way down on your shoulders? Ouch!

No, it wasn't down to my shoulders just around my mouth. That picture was the tail end of the bruising which lasted about 2 months after the surgery. I've always worn my hair short, but now with all the visible scars, it's embarrassing to keep it as short as I used to. When I signed up for this, the swore to me that this doctor does such impeccable stitching and I would never even see them. Lies!!

Wow--Two months of bruising? Were you able to cover it with makeup or anything?