Regret Dental Bonding - Phoenix, AZ

Had dental bonding done on my front teeth 7+ years...

Had dental bonding done on my front teeth 7+ years ago to close the gap and I can not find anyone to remove them. I get a sales pitch to get veneers and a financial loan application. I have gotten multi reasons why I need the veneers, teeth may become to sensitive is the most common reason but one just recently said to much tooth structure will need to be removed and the gap will widen.

I so regret getting them, after about 4 years they started sliding down hanging past my natural teeth and there were brown streaks were the bonding connected to my teeth. I have had the hanging composite sawed off and brown streaks buffed out and am tired of fussing with them. I do not smile anymore, haven’t for years, I so miss smiling at people. But my teeth are so pathetic with the brown streaks, grey colored bonding and a translucent lower part of the bonding from having them repaired one to many times. I just want them off and no dentist is willing…..they only want to sell me on veneers.
Retired now

I'm sorry to hear of your difficulty here.  I wish I could see a picture, because I'm imagining that your teeth were very chipped and that was why you got bonding, and then I'm not sure what a solution would be other than replacing the bonding.  But if it was just to fill in the gap, then I'm wondering if maybe the preparation of the teeth precludes removing the bonding without replacing it with something.

I think it would be a great idea for you to ask our doctors in the Q&A Forum.  They won't be trying to sell you something, since most of them aren't even near you :).  But there is a lot of expertise gathered there.  Asking a question is easy as well--just as easy as making a review.  You can use this link, but make sure to include at least one very clear picture that shows the affected area.  Questions with pictures take priority and are much more likely to get answered.

If you do decide to ask the question, I'm very keen on hearing the answer, so it'd be nice if you could either update your review or answer my comment so that I know when you get an answer.

Please don't hesitate to ask me for clarification or assistance :D.