Lifestyle Lift Not a Good Idea - Phoenix, AZ

Absolutely not worth the $6000+ that I spent!! I...

absolutely not worth the $6000+ that I spent!! I had it done in Aug 2011 when I was 56 because I did not like what I called my turkey neck. I am not a baby but, the post op time(first week) was MISERABLE!! If the results had lasted, I would be OK with the week of pain but, they did not. After only two years, the turkey neck returned and I looked the same as my before pics-and I have used premium face treatments, serums, lotions, etc trying to keep the result. So, if you are looking for long lasting results at a reasonable price, this is not it.

dmtbwelker

Here are pre, post and now pics. I did have a series of Venus freeze laser treatments done onmy face and neck Aug 2013. I guess the lesson I learned about the lifestyle lift is to do more research pre sx. If you decide to have a facelift make sure to discuss how long the results will last (it was not discussed when I went for my pre op), how your earlobes will look post sx(mine are pulled down and a good surgeon will not do this) and make sure your pain will be managed better than mine was (the rx pain meds I was given caused severe nausea to the point of dry heaves so I was told to take an OTC pain killer which did not help at all) Hope this helps. I won't stop trying to hold off the aging. My husband says I am going into old age kicking and screaming!

the doc and staff were all very nice-it just did not last

Was the Venus Freeze Worth it? I have wrinkles around my lips that I want to have fixed. Thanks
Yes but I learned the expensive way that the price & operator of the machine vary a lot. My first series was $1200 for eight 30 minute treatments. I didn't see much change-couldn't feel anything during the treatments. I recently tried again at Cool Body in Phx. Wow! They were $325 for six & I can feel heat & a slight sting. I've only had two of the six & can already tell a difference.
Yes but the price & operator vary a lot. I paid $1200 for eight last year & didn't feel or see much change. I am trying again at Cool Body in Phx -$325 for six . I'm only 2 in and I can tell a difference. I can feel heat & a slight pin prick sensation where before I didn't feel anything. It's a totally different experience. She maximizes the machine & checks the heat on my face often. They also offer a maintenance plan-once a month for $99.
Thanks a lot for your reply, it will help very much when I go on Friday and try to negotiate. It might be worth a flight to Phx! Appreciate it. Ruth
Please keep in mind these "Beauty Machines" are as an example like Tanning Beds. The longer you are in there the more effect you get. Or the higher they turn up the dial 0-10. Our crooked Govt. has made a new Tax on all New Medical Devices - therefore these poor Doctors have to now have to turn the dial down & see you more to cover our Govt's greed.
I'm wondering if it may have been the clinic and not the procedure? The clinic in Beverly Hills is providing great results, follow up and overall care. Never-the-less I am sorry for your experience. Could be also this procedure may be more determined on individual persons and that should be the explained disclaimer.
I agree completely. Initially I was very happy w the results. There was no after care regimen explained at all.
Your right to say research and finding the right doctor is so important .... What I would like to know is what was you skin care routine post surgery what changes did you make to ensure lasting results??
None was discussed post sx. I use sunscreen EVERYDAY, Strivectin AR at night, vit C serum & a good day & night moisturizer. I'm now starting a series if Venus Freeze treatments (which I love by the way) same thing applies . Make sure they are experienced. I'm going to Cool Body on 48th st in Phoenix. They are great!!
By my perception of your pics you look great, Really!
I agree!
Thanks!
U do not have a turkey neck by the way!
Wow im sorry I was thinking of a lift someday I had a bad nose job so I totally get being ripped off!
Thank you so much for coming back and adding your photos!
I also live in Phoenix. I know it would be helpful to me and others (since many fly into the city for more available & less expensive surgery) if you could list the doctor. I, for one, would steer clear of both the doctor & clinic you went to. Thanks for your post and consideration.
It was the Lifestyle lift in downtown Phoenix. The main issue w them was no follow up care to assure lasting results & my earlobes were pulled down after the sx
Thanks for sharing your experience on RealSelf! It's always helpful to hear about results a couple years out.
thank you for the post. It sure helps to know what others have experienced