Thought surgery was wonderful...until now I'm fighting to survive.

After losing over 130 pounds, I was basically...

After losing over 130 pounds, I was basically living in a "Skin Bag". Dr. Bass and his staff, especially Norma, have been amazing. Their treatment surpasses any bedside manner I've ever seen.

Not only was I treated like their most important patient, but I had 100% of their attention from the moment I walked in the door. Their waiting room never had anyone waiting, as they don't overbook their schedule. You are the reason they are in the office. I have access 24/7 via email for ANY concern.

The surgical results are impeccable. Care and attention is paid to every single detail. After having back surgery I had scars that were literally over an inch WIDE. My tummy tuck and breast reconstruction scars are thinner than a pencil line. The tummy tuck line falls below my bikini line, and will be nicely hidden by my natural hair growth.

I cannot recommend Dr. Bass, Norma and the staff more. They have made this journey enjoyable, fun and with a life time of rewards. I have the abs that I had when I was 16 years old, and the breasts that I'd only dreamed of.

Follow-up eight months later (and after having excess skin removed from my hips and thighs by Dr. Bass.) The external scars remain to be impressive, however the internal scars are horrendous. The second surgery that I had on 12/21/12 to remove the extra skin from my midsection has resulted in a severe MRSA infection. I have been hospitalized three times in less than five months, and will be on "maintenance antibiotics" for the rest of my life. Although my infectious disease doctors tell me that the treatment of lifelong antibiotics may be enough to kill me, as it could result in C defficile. Even though I paid exactly what was quoted, I still get monthly bills for almost $4000 that Dr. Bass' anesthesiologist says I still owe. Norma says it's the anesthesiologists bookkeeping error, and that I only still owe $1200. I paid every CENT listed on the quotes and now they're barking for more (as is the surgery center!) So, now that I'm less than eight months from one surgery and six from another, I'm left with collection notices, even though I paid each quote IN FULL prior to the surgeries, and poor health from surgical infections. I do not recommend that anyone get elective surgery. If you do, from a financial standpoint don't believe the quotes you've been given, from a health standpoint, what is more important - your appearance or battling infection for the rest of your life? Heartbroken and eternally ill.
so happy for you !

Now eight months later - and a second surgery to remove hip & thigh skin by Dr. Bass

Heartbroken and eternally ill.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

This was SO much easier than I could have hoped. Truly, I wouldn't change a thing. I will be returning to get the rest of my "skin bag" (butt/leg lift and arm lift) within the next nine months. Usually I tell people to avoid reviews that have nothing negative...no constructive criticism. But really, this was so fabulous. I ONLY wish I'd lost the weight and got my youthful body back years ago.