Leaking Silicone Implants That Had Been Incapsulated for 20 Years….now I Have Beautiful Natural Looking Breasts! - Phoenix, AZ

I had breast augmentation over 20 years ago and...

I had breast augmentation over 20 years ago and the implants had incapsulated within the first year, so my breasts were very hard. About 5 years ago, during a routine mammogram, it became apparent that one had ruptured and silicone was leaking not only into my capsule but also my tissue. It looked and felt bad and I needed to take care of it. I consulted with 4 different surgeons before making a decision.

Congratulations on your revision! You must feel so relieved and happy. When you first learned of your ruptured implant 5 years ago, did you get the implant removed or wait until your recent revision? Did you get similar sized implants with your revision?
I waited 5 years to take care of it. Also, I had been encapsulated for the past 20 years….basically had tennis balls on my chest. So two reasons to have the revision. Because I am athletic, I decided to stay the same size. I wasn't sure how many cc's I had originally used, but the new implants are 350 cc (turns out the original ones were 300) but now I am under the muscle, and the Dr. felt that this was appropriate, and he was right! I look the same size! Now, on a side note, he had asked me if I wanted to go a little bit bigger, and I was adamant about NOT going bigger. I am totally happy with my results….my breasts are so much prettier and soft, but I do wish that I had listened to his suggestion and gone just a bit bigger. It's all good, but just realize that my doctor does this surgery all the time so his he was right!
So did you not have any side effects from the silicone leaking for 5 years? I have heard the tennis ball syndrome can be uncomfortable at times too. Oh, I'm so glad you were able to get your revision. Sounds like the perfect implant size if you're athletic. Feel free to post a photo if you're comfortable sharing one.
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

I give Dr Meger and his entire staff 10 out of 10 stars and 100% satisfaction. I couldn't be happier with the whole process. (btw I had consults with 3 other docs in town…I did my research!) Dr. Meger had been recommended to me by several different people from different areas of my life so that was a good start. Everyone at the office is personable and professional. I never waited, every question was answered, Dr. Meger listened attentively, I LOVED that the surgicenter is at the office and when I arrived, everyone was there for ME, the anesthesiologist was thorough and excellent, I felt safe and cared for and it was the perfect situation in every way. My results are fabulous (and I know that I was a bit of a tough case) but I never doubted or feared for a moment….had total confidence. I have already passed along Dr. Meger's number and will continue to do so, and I will return to him if I chose to have any other procedure.