50 Year Old Mother of Two from Sydney, Australia - Philippines, PH

I am a 50 year old full time working woman from...

I am a 50 year old full time working woman from Sydney, Australia. I have two children and one grandchild. I started looking into Rhinoplasty overseas, as it was too expensive in Australia and I am a native from Philippines.

I was unhappy with the shape of my nose and wanted a higher tip, smaller nostrils and a nose bridge. I contacted Dr Rino Lorenzo 2 months prior to the operation date, and this time was spent organizing costs, accommodation, and getting my questions answered. After all the details were planned out and I was comfortable with what we had agreed on, I left Australia on July 7th and had my operation on the 9th of July.

I was a bit nervous prior to the procedure but everything went smoothly and well and I am very happy with the result. I stayed in Manila for the next 3 weeks, checking in with the doctor 3 or 4 times before I was cleared and left for Australia on the 28th of July, 2014.

It has now been 7 weeks since the procedure and my nose is looking better and more natural. The swelling has decreased incredibly, and I am now able to wear sunglasses and makeup. Thank you to my doctor, Dr Rino Lorenzo, who has helped me find the solution.

7 week Update

Sharing my Rhinoplasty Experience

I just wanted to add on my story that i was on under local anesthesia during my surgery. It was a little bit uncomfortable in the beginning but after the anesthetic kicked in it was all great. no pain not even after the operation. For those who wanted to have Rhinoplasty operation , I can assure you that local anesthesia is very safe and less on your budget. For all those people who want to do Rhinoplasty, Wish you all good luck .

8 weeks post op

Hello everyone,
It's been 8 weeks since i had my rhinoplasty op. everything is doing well, my nose looking much better,swelling still presents as i can feel funny on the tip of my nose and also still a bit hard around sutures. Scars not much noticeable now as i keep on using my Scar reduction gel.
A bit of a problem few days ago, i feel inside my nosetril getting a bit tighter, I went to see my family doctor and she said inside my nosetril is inflamed. So , i am on Bactroban Nasal ointment medication. I am hoping that inflamation will go away soon as i started to get worried.
Is anyone of you guys experience the same thing like i feel at moment?can this normally happen?
Thanks in advance guys for reading my update review and hope someone can answer my questions. Apart from my worries ,I am so happy that i slowly getting my normal smiles back. Lips was hard and tight for a while but now it is loose and movable to smile again.
Thank you very much for allowing me to share my story. Have a good day and god bless us all.

xox
Dr Rino Lorenzo

Very professional. Incredibly kind, friendly and helpful doctor. Would Recommend. Dr Rino Lorenzo M.D. Email: drrinolorenzo@gmail.com Website: www.philippinecosmetics.com Mobile: +63 917-8866974

I really like your results. You look great. How did your alar reduction heal? Are you still able to see where your nose was stitched for the alar reduction?
Hello foxyboxy. Thanks for the compliment. For the past 7 weeks since after post-op, I have been applying dermatix gel especially for any kind of newly operated skin and that helped me heal quicker where my stitches are. It is not fully healed yet though as it takes time, but it is not noticeable as much as it was just after the operation. Have a good day foxyboxy ;)
This was a very successful operation. You look great.
@blackkat9: can you share Dr. Rino Lerenzo's info? Btw, your nose looks great!!!
Thanks Kisstekat.I have shared Dr Rino Lorenzo's info.
Thank you so much blackkat9, and thank you for sharing your story on this site. Hope you have a wonderful long wkend!!
Wow! You look amazing! It's incredible how quickly you've healed! You look beautiful, young and happy. My rhinoplasty is taking a little longer to look like a real nose, but it's coming along. Enjoy! You were beautiful before and are even more striking now.
Thanks for your nice comments Brandnewface.Yes it's healing very well and i love my new nose, it suits every angle of my face. I was lucky to find a good doctor that understood what i wanted. I am enjoying it, but it is getting even better as the days goes by and I am patiently waiting and witnessing the changes on my look. Thank you very much to Dr R Lorenzo and his staff.
You are gorgeous (and do not look 50)! Thank you so much for sharing here! Did you have a graft put into your nose as part of your rhinoplasty?
Thanks for your comment Angiemcc. Yes I had cartilage graft taken out and put in my nose. I had the Gortex Rinhoplasty operation.
So, you had cartilage as well as Goretex put in? Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to understand. :)
Hi Angiemcc. Yes, I had a cartilage graft taken out from behind my right ear and gortex put in on my nose.