Loved It at First, Now Worried About Persistent Swelling and Hard Areas

I had Smart/ Tumescent Liposuction done 2 weeks...

I had Smart/ Tumescent Liposuction done 2 weeks ago on stomach and flanks. A week ago I looked great stomach was super flat, flanks were perfect. But, now in week 2 I look bigger and my stomach is super hard around my belly button. my flanks look fat. I am still wearing my garments and I do my massages 5 to 10 min. twice a day. Am I just being paranoid or am I just now swelling or is there a bigger problem? I am now 3 1/2 weeks in to it and now I am swelling up so much, I am still wearing my garments and doing my massages but my flanks are still very swollen and I still have lots of hard areas and new ones developing. I am not saying I am not pleased just that it looked so much better the first week. still very worried.

Just add pictures I just wanted to add I...

just add pictures

I just wanted to add I really am happy I did it just hope results turn out better in the end.

.......2 years later I still love my results!!!!!

.......2 years later I still love my results!!!!!
Dr. Francis, PBS

You will be fine its quite normal to swell up which could be due to a lot of activity if your moving around a lot or also your salt intake will have an effect on how much you swell. I do see the difference from the beginning of your journey. I am now 6 weeks out you just have to be patient and know that each day it will get better and better. This definitely is no quick fix and something that we need to maintain with healthy eating n excercise (when your a few more weeks out of course) :) Happy healing!
Just to update 2 years later!! I still love my results and I am happy I had this done
Can you update pics cause im at 3 weeks and feel like u did. I would love to see your final results
How did the hard places turn out, I'm so scared for my life, did u feel a pulling sensation, lets say when you tie your shoes yore back bends do u feel ur skin pulling like itll tear apart
I think you look wonderful. after seeing your before and after picutres, I am ready to do it. thanks for sharing your pictures. Your love handles look very good. he contoured your body great. I am hoping for the same result.
Massage, massage, massage that will definetly help the hard spots. I massage my abdominal area in the morning and in the evening for a few minutes. It has helped with the hard knots. Just continue doing what you are doing. It may be a while for you to see what you are expecting, but you will get there. There are so many factors that affect our progress.
It seems at first I was too boxy but after about 6 months it seems I have my curvy shape back but now is is really sexy. I just told him what I wanted and looked after he did the mark up because that was a big worry of mine too. I upload more pics so u can see. Hope this helped.
Well you look awesome! I can only hope my results are as good as yours. Are you still planning on posting more pics? I would love to see how you look now.
Hi, just wanted to say your pictures look great! How much more change have you had since the last pic? I have lipo of my flanks scheduled for Jan 6th and have a very similar preop body shape to yours. I am nervous my surgeon wont take enough out and I will still have the boxy shape, how did you explain what you wanted to your surgeon? My surgeon is board certified, etc... but I sometimes get nervous that I will feel like I wasted $4k.
I think you look amazing!
Tiny waist. Total hour glass figure!
Thank you, I just got back for Dr France (who is so awesome). I got a small touch up will post new pictures soon
lovefo were you put under general or local anesthesia? do you know how much the doctor removed? I am having my procedure on nov.30
local, not sure how much,but it was alot. where r u going?
Hi, yes i am pleased with my results. but no I am not 100% with my flanks they are going to need touched up, but I did get alot taking off my stomach I really do wish he would have been more agressive with my flanks.

Hi lovefo - now that it's been a while, looking back, was the lipo worth it? Results last? Do you mind sharing your full doctor's name?

yes i am still happy
How are you feeling???
I am still sore in the flanks!! its nuts it has been 7 weeks now. but I have lost another inch so that is good. I just hope my flanks go down more
Should I still be really sore in my upper back too? 4 weeks after?
from what i have read and what my PS has told me the hardness and swelling can last for several weeks, even months. How are you doing now? Are you feeling any better?
Yes, I am doing great. How are you doing?
Hey! I am having lipo of the same areas on July 20th. I took your pic and comments to my plastic surgeon and he said that your case was normal and the hardness and swelling is common even if you feel great the first week. Your body is healing and the hard parts is the fat left over that did not come out during the procedure. Keep wearing your garments and you will improve with time. BTW you look great and you will feel better soon. I will post after my surgery, which i am extremely nervous for i might add!!!
had my surgery on tues. doing pretty good. the pain is getting better and i have a waist now!! my doc said expect swelling and hardness over the next few months. so far i am really glad i did it!