My experience with tattoo removal :)

This is day 1 of my removal process. The doctor...

This is day 1 of my removal process. The doctor injected the area with lidocaine to start which was pretty awful considering there is thin skin around that area and mostly bone (hip)... he started with one laser and I could feel it which was like a burning feeling, then moved on to the red areas with the ruby laser. They coated it with aquaphor and a light film and tape. I will return in 8 weeks exactly, for round 2. I'll keep updating pictures so you can see. Photo 1 is before...Photo 2 is directly after..

DAY 2

crispy and sore. i keep it lubed up nicely with aquaphor and a non stick dressing. it's red and puffy but not gross at all.. feels like day 2 of when i got the tattoo on. the smaller one is doing well and fading nicely. woot woot! (excuse the non shaving.. it's winter and i'm single. stop judging me.)
I used to have ferrets! They make amazing pets. Keep us updated on your removal. :-)
cute little ferret face

Thank you for posting your review :) Your pet is cute, is that a Ferret?

day4

i'm sort of annoyed.. the results aren't nearly as great as they were on a tiny one i got removed years ago. it's still sore and i keep it covered with a non stick pad and a ton of aquaphor.
That's super sense black you won't see any results for a few session. I want that ferretttt
he is adorable and fun :) bffs.

a week later

I now know why they asked if I was pregnant.. they aren't sure of where the ink goes when they zap. weird phenomenon- the red heart ink is migrating all around.. it's strange/gross. anyway here is a pic of a week later.
What are those gel sqaures on your tattoo? Is it just Aquaphor?
The doctor gave me those- it's like gel gauze... It keeps it moist but sanitary. He only gave me one.. It was great, the gauze doesn't stay and the tape moves.
OMG, I want those for my next treatments!

itchy itchy itchy

this thing is sore and itchy.. its starting to flake, but not really very much. i picked at the hearts which felt good ;) it's starting to fade.

update.

ferret with a hoodie. since he has fans ;)
To confirm are you being treated with the Revlite?
I'm not sure. I'll call today to ask, I have to make another appt he canceled mine. He's overpriced so I'm trying to find cheaper :(
The hearts have responded pretty well, especially the outlines. You've really made me want a ferret again too, but I can't. :(

Update

Went away to the islands for a week- sun burning the tat helped a lot :). Not sure if I can afford more treatments as of yet.. Kinda bummed
Good luck on your next treatment, and I want that little ferret so bad! I'm a huge animal lover, and that little baby is so sweet! Keep us posted!
I think this summer I am going to let the sun go at mine...I have been keeping it out but on session #9 and giving myself break ....so why not! Happy New Year!
Sounds good, thank you :)

Session 2

Lidocaine hurt so badly on the scar tissue surrounding wings I had to stop... Bad tattoo artist did a crappy job...
Yup revolite

Tat removal jan 29

Tat part two

Tat

Excellent video update - thank you so much!!
Awesome video! Your technician sounded like he was giving you a science lesson as he zapped away, what a cool guy. Happy healing :)

Right after removing bandage

hopefully my pain helps another lol
that's the doctor- i asked him to film this puppy for you guys and he was hyped lol

Day after

This looks and feels brutal.. I'm using a ton of aquaphor and yes I taped pads to me because I'm poor..

Pics

Pad

Pictures and videos speak a 1,000 words. Thank you so much for sharing your story. This will be so helpful for others to know what to expect.
thanks :) so far I think this second round of zapping is going to knock a ton of it out.
Hahahaha... it will ;)

massively itchy

Welp, it's still healing and incredibly itchy but the black around the hearts has gone away! Yay!
hey if your in PA you should check out GO Tattoo Removal, they have the best laser and amazing prices, check my review for pictures
10 points to you because your ferret is ADORABLE!
thanks :) he's my bff.

Damage is done session 2!

Check out the hearts- no black! It's fading nicely. I did scratch it which was bad... But it was remarkably itchy. Aquaphor is my best friend
Hi. You wrote that you went sun tanning on 30 dec, and you state that it helped in fading your tattoo. I thought we were supposed to stay away from the sun? :/ haha I'm confused.

disgruntled

So, i have another session tomorrow and i'm not seeing a terrific amount of improvement and from what i've seen... the best results (pictures anywhere on the web) are from doctors (doctored results?). SO i'm at it again tomorrow morning and hopefully I'll see some results for this summer.

Session 3

The day after- he cranked the heat up this time
How is the healing going?
Hi! I've been through the same process, what laser is being used on you?
Because they can't laser over a tan or a burn.

Itchy

Welp the black is going away and some spots of white are showing through!

Itchy itchy

Wow! Nice progress! Keep going!
its looking even better today its still scabby and whatnot but it's disappearing!
Are you waiting 8 weeks between the treatments? Or longer?

update

Ok.. I talked to someone who had removal of his entire back and it was cheaper than mine and more effective.. thus far I haven't seen a single picture of successful removal that wasn't a doctors review. Anybody in the area have any better ideas/doctors? :( feeling blue and inky

new laser/new doctor

I went to a new doctor today who charged $300. Quite a difference and used the lidocaine cream and hour prior. That did nothing, it took longer and hurt like a mother. That was intense. She also does aftercare differently- I need to leave the bandage on until morning, wash it, do peroxide soaks, use a burn salve and polysporin on it. The burn salve is to help cells regenerate. Last time with the other doctor I just used aquaphor. I'll keep yall posted on pictures. She was at Cirillo dermatology in Bryn Mawr.
Really hope this treatment works well for you! Hope the ferret's doing well too. :D Have a great weekend.

day 1 after using the new laser- yag something.

The pain was worth it. The process took a long time, but today it's inflamed, in pain, and it's disappearing! No pain no gain :) As per usual, I forgot to buy gauze and i'm using sanitary napkins on it and polysporin. :)
lol LOVE your blog and personality hope the tattoo removal goes well ill be following your journey
He's doing well thanks for asking. We will go on a long romantic walk later.
I had ferrets a few years ago and they were the funniest animals ever. Nothing beats the war dance!

More laser today.

Another session. I'll show before, during and after pics. Today i'm going to purchase the high-grade burn salve she recommended for healing. Last time I couldn't afford it. Session is 300. I will say, without the lidocaine injections it feels like grim death. I'm gonna load up on lidocaine cream for the next 2 hours in hopes that it numbs it better than last time.
Thank you for keeping us up to date with your progress!!
your information is so detailed and helpful love your updates and GOD BLESS YOU ON YOUR JOURNEY
spanks. more is coming today, stay tuned.

Today

Ow video coming soon

Removal

Hurt a lot less but still awful. Using biofene for scar treatment and I'll upload the video soon

laser today video

video of today. every pop was awful :)
The ferret is just too cute! The little hoodie omg adorable.
Not a fan of picosure. Otherwise i'd be doing it. It leaves horrendous swelling and bubbles. Yuck.
Fading nicely!!! I can see the difference!
Philadelphia Dermatologist

a variety of lasers, nice guy. I'm using revolite switched to another doctor which is $300. FYI. revolite still