My experience with tattoo removal :)

This is day 1 of my removal process. The doctor...

This is day 1 of my removal process. The doctor injected the area with lidocaine to start which was pretty awful considering there is thin skin around that area and mostly bone (hip)... he started with one laser and I could feel it which was like a burning feeling, then moved on to the red areas with the ruby laser. They coated it with aquaphor and a light film and tape. I will return in 8 weeks exactly, for round 2. I'll keep updating pictures so you can see. Photo 1 is before...Photo 2 is directly after..

DAY 2

crispy and sore. i keep it lubed up nicely with aquaphor and a non stick dressing. it's red and puffy but not gross at all.. feels like day 2 of when i got the tattoo on. the smaller one is doing well and fading nicely. woot woot! (excuse the non shaving.. it's winter and i'm single. stop judging me.)

day4

i'm sort of annoyed.. the results aren't nearly as great as they were on a tiny one i got removed years ago. it's still sore and i keep it covered with a non stick pad and a ton of aquaphor.

a week later

I now know why they asked if I was pregnant.. they aren't sure of where the ink goes when they zap. weird phenomenon- the red heart ink is migrating all around.. it's strange/gross. anyway here is a pic of a week later.

itchy itchy itchy

this thing is sore and itchy.. its starting to flake, but not really very much. i picked at the hearts which felt good ;) it's starting to fade.

update.

ferret with a hoodie. since he has fans ;)

Update

Went away to the islands for a week- sun burning the tat helped a lot :). Not sure if I can afford more treatments as of yet.. Kinda bummed

Session 2

Lidocaine hurt so badly on the scar tissue surrounding wings I had to stop... Bad tattoo artist did a crappy job...

Tat removal jan 29

Tat part two

Tat

Right after removing bandage

Day after

This looks and feels brutal.. I'm using a ton of aquaphor and yes I taped pads to me because I'm poor..

Pics

Pad

massively itchy

Welp, it's still healing and incredibly itchy but the black around the hearts has gone away! Yay!

Damage is done session 2!

Check out the hearts- no black! It's fading nicely. I did scratch it which was bad... But it was remarkably itchy. Aquaphor is my best friend

disgruntled

So, i have another session tomorrow and i'm not seeing a terrific amount of improvement and from what i've seen... the best results (pictures anywhere on the web) are from doctors (doctored results?). SO i'm at it again tomorrow morning and hopefully I'll see some results for this summer.

Session 3

The day after- he cranked the heat up this time

Itchy

Welp the black is going away and some spots of white are showing through!

Itchy itchy

update

Ok.. I talked to someone who had removal of his entire back and it was cheaper than mine and more effective.. thus far I haven't seen a single picture of successful removal that wasn't a doctors review. Anybody in the area have any better ideas/doctors? :( feeling blue and inky

new laser/new doctor

I went to a new doctor today who charged $300. Quite a difference and used the lidocaine cream and hour prior. That did nothing, it took longer and hurt like a mother. That was intense. She also does aftercare differently- I need to leave the bandage on until morning, wash it, do peroxide soaks, use a burn salve and polysporin on it. The burn salve is to help cells regenerate. Last time with the other doctor I just used aquaphor. I'll keep yall posted on pictures. She was at Cirillo dermatology in Bryn Mawr.

day 1 after using the new laser- yag something.

The pain was worth it. The process took a long time, but today it's inflamed, in pain, and it's disappearing! No pain no gain :) As per usual, I forgot to buy gauze and i'm using sanitary napkins on it and polysporin. :)
Philadelphia Dermatologist

a variety of lasers, nice guy. I'm using revolite

lol LOVE your blog and personality hope the tattoo removal goes well ill be following your journey
Really hope this treatment works well for you! Hope the ferret's doing well too. :D Have a great weekend.
He's doing well thanks for asking. We will go on a long romantic walk later.
I had ferrets a few years ago and they were the funniest animals ever. Nothing beats the war dance!
Wow! Nice progress! Keep going!
its looking even better today its still scabby and whatnot but it's disappearing!
Are you waiting 8 weeks between the treatments? Or longer?
I think it's 12 weeks is his standard.
12 weeks sounds really good! Good luck :)
How is the healing going?
Itchy itchy itchy
Hahahaha, I know that feeling - mine is also my back and I would always say that I wish I had a tree in my house so I could scratch against it like a bear.
Hi! I've been through the same process, what laser is being used on you?
revalite
Hi. You wrote that you went sun tanning on 30 dec, and you state that it helped in fading your tattoo. I thought we were supposed to stay away from the sun? :/ haha I'm confused.
Because they can't laser over a tan or a burn.
hey if your in PA you should check out GO Tattoo Removal, they have the best laser and amazing prices, check my review for pictures
10 points to you because your ferret is ADORABLE!
thanks :) he's my bff.
Pictures and videos speak a 1,000 words. Thank you so much for sharing your story. This will be so helpful for others to know what to expect.
thanks :) so far I think this second round of zapping is going to knock a ton of it out.
Excellent video update - thank you so much!!
hopefully my pain helps another lol
Hahahaha... it will ;)
Awesome video! Your technician sounded like he was giving you a science lesson as he zapped away, what a cool guy. Happy healing :)