Suction in Progress? - Philadelphia, PA

I'm 29, 5'1, not entirely over weight, but...

I'm 29, 5'1, not entirely over weight, but I've been so self conscious over my stomach fat for as long as I can remember. I'm tired of going on a billion diets, trying different exercise routines and having a closet full of clothes but still feeling like nothing looks good. So, I finally broke down and decided, it's time to feel good - lets suck this stomach fat out! With the stomach fat, I also had my outter thighs done, wanting to even out the line all of the way down. I went to Sono Bello in King of Prussia. The receptions are incredibly nice, very welcoming and make you feel safe there. I was also found of the doctor, he has a great disposition and also makes you feel welcoming. Unfortunately, the majority of the time you meet with their RN, Patty, who is quick, doesn't want to provide much information and seems like she's in such a tissy her time doesn't feel very personalized. For example,right before the procedure they ask you to sign off on medication that they are giving you and sending home with you. I'm not sure how many times I asked her what medications they are giving and what they do before she finally actually explained it to me. She just kept saying all of the instructions are going to be on the bottle... that doesn't really tell you what you're signing off on!

The procedure was painful, but the after wasn't bad at all. I kept taking the arnica though, order it on amazon, it's very cheap and makes a huge difference in bruising! Immediately after surgery I saw an improvement in my hip area - wow, what a nice straight line! But there was no visible improvement any where else. I went in for my 1 week - disappointed that I wasn't with the doctor and it was Patty again. I pointed out that the garment doesn't seem to be compressing anything and she suggested that I order spanx from ebay. I read a lot of people talking about receiving a level 2 garment on their 1 week... not sure why Sono Bello didn't do this.... I also asked questions about my stomach area, which is sore and large... Apparently it's just swelling. I'm now almost 3 weeks out and see no different results ... My stomach looks and measures exactly the same as when I went in Clothes fit the same everywhere. Things that didn't fit well before surgery are still no goes... I guess it's a waiting game - but overall I'm disappointed so far... Wishing the doctor would have met with me during the follow up, maybe I'd feel more reassured. will keep posting

After going through the worst year ever, my fiance...

After going through the worst year ever, my fiance passed away, job went under, wound up moving back home...
I went to Sonobello embarrassed about wanting the procedure, but fnally deciding to do something that was going to allow me to feel good this year.

The place was clean, Jackie the receptionist / sales rep was very friendly and helped me feel at ease.

The procedure seemed to take a bit of time, the dr. started on my abs and flanks - which he kept asking me to laugh and push my stomach up during.
Then he moved onto my hips, which really hurt because of old scare tissue
and then my outter thighs

Immediately after surgery I could see a difference in my hips -- I knew that extra fat was dying to jump out of my skin!
I could also see a difference in my one outter thigh, especially since the other one was still swollen.
I was really worried about the leakage I had read about from other reviews, but I found that I only leaked in two spots the next day and it was very minimal.
Besides being a bit loopy from the vicodin I took to sleep because my body was uncomfortable I was fine the next day and even walked around the city the day after that!
I never had any bruising or yellowing on my upper or lower abs, or hips. The only place I had bruising was my right thigh - but that was to be expected, the doctor spent a lot longer time on my right side then my left...
The left didn't bruise and 8 weeks later it's still swolen
As for my upper and lower abs, this is the place that I am most conscious about and 8 weeks later, there is not a centimeter of a difference since the day of the surgery.

Overall the doctor removed 2 pounds of fat and fluids combined.
I'm left with a very large bill, increased depression and uneven legs.
I've called around to get some other opinions, but it looks like you need to wait 6 months after surgery before anyone can do anything.

If you're in the Philadelphia area, try Monarch - Initially I was really turned off of them because they took a long time to call back, appeared busy, their hours weren't as good as Sonobello's -- but in the end they provided me with the most helpful information and if you sit with them, they have a before and after book of bad sonobello jobs and then how they fixed it...

After going through the worst year ever, my fiance...

Then he moved onto my hips, which really hurt because of old scare tissue
and then my outter thighs

The left didn't bruise and 8 weeks later it's still swolen

Overall the doctor removed 2 pounds of fat and fluids combined.
I'm left with a very large bill, increased depression and uneven legs.

sono bello

Please read above, I think that I included everything there...

This palce is all over TV. Why don't you get together and call a Philly news station about them. To take people's money with no results is criminal.
I think finding the right plastic surgeon is extremely important. Do your research folks, ask questions, ask to see before and after photos of patients your surgeon has previously treated. Also ask to speak directly with some of their patients who've had the same procedure you're going to have. Read the online reviews and talk to others in your area who have had the procedure.
I am only day 4 from having my upper, lower abs and hips done at Sono Bello in King of Prussia. I had 3 liters or 3000cc taken out. I didn't have much pain during the surgery-just a few ouch moments, but my abs and hips now feel like a punching bag. I can't diss Sono Bello as of yet, but will say I only see a flatter tummy and no change in my hips. I am shocked at all the posts I read that say they are 2 inches down after a week. I have a hard time buying that. Most seem to see real results around 2-3 months. I didn't have nurse Patty. I've had Ann, Sarah, and Julie and they are all marvelous and haven't made me feel rushed in anyway. I don't know why you had to buy meds, it was all part of my package which was awesome. I was told that at my one week check up I'd see the nurse-Dr. Giuggrida is in CA on vacation anyway. He seemed to do a good job, he looked at my body like an art sculpture. He feathered in my hip area so I will hopfully have a contour to my body once the swelling is down. Again I am at day 4, but so far I would give Sona Bello in King of Prussia a thumbs up. I do wish I would have read your posts before so I could have addressed these concerns for myself. I hadn't read anything negative about them. Ste11a, if those are your photos on this post, I think you look great. I'd like to know where you are at since it has now been 2 months. Thanks

Hi, I am scheduled for upper, lower abs and waist later this month, I was just wondering how you are now since June 4th. Are you happy with your results? Please get back to me asap to calm my fears. Thanks

They had no reviews when i went there. Then i saw someone wrote a poor review and it was quickly followed up with 2 good reviews... now theres like 2 or 3 good reviews and 2 bad reviews....
I don't think ppl are google searching it.
Wow, I am an avivd google searcher for reviews. The clinic is probably following up w/ the good review to cover their reputation. Its funny after 1 bad review, its always two good ones following it (seems like a pattern). Hope your retouch turns out well, but think about researching another doctor for better results. Will they give you your $$$ back? I don't make to many purchase decision w/o seeing several good reviews and/or physically seeing good results myself.
Sono Bello has an assurance policy - but they are giving me a real hard time about actually applying it!

The site I got it at wants me to wait 6 months - which is crazy... since 2 months and no change... why wait 6 and then have to wait another 3 to see results... we're talking a year from now almost!

I called this weekend and asked to speak to someone else, so far no return call.
Wish I would have read up more about Sono Bello before I went there. Their clean enviorment and friendly staff were deceiving I guess.

I hope your turns out well!!! Keep me posted!
Please be encouraged, I'm a victim too. Don't let them get away with this! Who has money to throw away!!!
i know i totally agree!!!!
a 6,000 bill - care credit wants their money every month and sono bello says wait wait wait....
it makes me so upset!
I thought I'd check around on here and see what the docs had to say and if anyone else had comments... like maybe I need to hang in there and wait it out, but it doesn't look like it.

Did you go to sono bello?
Did the second time around work for you?
Wow the same thing happen to you as well! Did you all should seriously consider writing a google review to warning others to avoid this place. It terrible that they are having so many unhappy candidates.
WHY DON'T YOU GUYS SUE OR GO TO THE MEDIA????
Will your doctor correct the areas that you are displeased w/? Most doctors will do so w/o charge or just charge you the price of meds. I'm getting my upper/ lower & flanks smart liposuction procedure next month.
BTW, sorry to hear about your fiancé; hope all is well.