NEED HELP!!! bunched skin around incision line is this normal?? - Philadelphia, PA

I am 23 years old and have always struggled with...

I am 23 years old and have always struggled with weight. I weighed at my most 220 at the age of 15 years old. Over the course of two years i shed about 90 pounds. I have maintained the weight of about 130 135 for the past 7 years. I workout 4 to 5 days a week and still could not lose the belly weight or extra skin. March 14th I received a tummy tuck and I am still deciding if i am happy with the results and need some help or advice if my stomach looks the way it should or there is something wrong please help!

Day 5 post op I am feeling alot better and...

day 5 post op
I am feeling alot better and almost pain free. Still a little hunched and sore with some tightness on incision line. Had a visit today with the ps had one drain removed and to have my bunched skin looked at. He said it was fluids and swelling and it should smooth out over time. Im trying my best to be hopeful and stay postive but still looking to see if anyone had a similar issue. Today everything looks ALOT better and the bunched skin and what loooked like a dent in my stomach is more smoothed out today but still is there along with one right above my one drain. just praying will smooth out and look great keeping my positive pants on and hoping for the best that nothing went wrong.

Day 6 swelling is down ALOT finally feeling...

day 6
swelling is down ALOT finally feeling flatter which is great. i still have alot of bunching and still very concerned but noticed it has decreased a little bit. But wondering how the two extremely large bunches that go about three inches up will be able to lay flat all the way even when all the fluids and swelling are gone.
Now today im also experiencing warmness in my middle area of my stomach and a large red streak going all the way up my stomach that has darkened alot since yesterday. Starting antibiotics but hoping its not an infection :( hoping this will get easier

Hi rvas88, do you have an update? I really hope your situation has improved!
Sorry that you are not having a good relationship with your PS. I would definitely get a second opinion if you are questioning anything and he is being of no assistance. I'm now 10 days PO and I feel very happy with my results. Take care of yourself and be your own advocate....you will be happier for it and possibly healthier.
Would you share who your PS was since I will be starting my consults in the Philadelphia area?
I am just wondering I am around your age and have lost weight as well. You didn't say anything about having kids yet, so I am assuming you don't. Do you regret getting it before you have had kids? Are you happy that you did it?
I was just reading around and found your question here: I'm 28 with no kids but do want to have kids one day and I am now 10 days PO. Best decision ever! If you aren't happy then be happy! Change what you can and leave the nay sayers out of it. :)
Do you mind saying who your PS is? I'm scheduled for mine in the same area May 2nd
You look great and your scar is really low which is great. I had the same thing (a smaller bunch on the side) and it has smoothed out as the days go on and I'm 13 days postop. I know I see a difference depending on how swollen I am that day or not... Good luck!
Thank you for your support glad there are others that have experienced this.. Staying positive hoping everything smooths out over time
Yeah, I'd be concerned, too. Maybe it will work itself out or maybe you will need a revision. What did your P.S. say?

I have a little bit of bunched skin at each end of my incision near my hip bones and I'm waiting to see how that turns out. I'm 17 days P.O. Best of luck!
thanks so much for your reply..i havent seen anyone else with this and was beginning to really worry. its smoothing out a little but still extremely bunched in two areas. Just hoping time will fix this. My p.s said its liquids and swelling but im realizing now he doesnt seem to care that much about his patients or any concerns they have . wished i realized that prior . Now i have a large red streak going up my stomach that i ve been told could be an infection and he "isnt concerned" im starting antibiotics anyway and going to give everything a week or two and see how it looks otherwise i am going to get a second opinion on everything and if it was actually done correctly thanks for your support
That really sucks that you spent all that money, effort and pain and have no faith in your surgeon. Mine will respond to every email I send him with every single crazy question I have. My daughter had an infection like that from a bug bite. It ran up her arm, like wide red veins. I sure hope you get some real answers soon cause that's a bunch of bunk right there!
You poor thing - so sorry you feel this way after probably expecting such a better experience. If you don't feel comfortable with you surgeon, then absolutely seek a second opinion. That just sucks that the person you put your trust in for your surgery has let you down like this. But an infection is serious business. I wouldn't hesitate to seek a second opinion if that was the case. You won't be sorry you did, but you could be sorry you didn't. Keep your head up and keep healing. Pls keep me posted on your progress. :)