Hoping for a Great Result - Philadelphia, PA

I am 40 yrs old 153 lbs 5'6 want that flat tummy...

I am 40 yrs old 153 lbs 5'6 want that flat tummy again. I'm very confident in dr gabay known him for years. Have used his aesthetician forever. I have friends that swear by his work. Pray for me. I want this to end w fantastic results bc my husband is soo mad that I'm doing this. He said I don't need it but its my body and men don't get it lol. Keep u all updated.

Hi all my realself friends I had the procedure...

Hi all my realself friends I had the procedure done on 3/4. Sorry it took so long for the update but I could not remember my password, so finally found out how to get back on the site. Anyway I had butterflies the morning of surgery but I was easily calmed by Dr Gabay who is incredible with his bedside manner. I had general anesthesia and before I knew what hit me I woke up in recovery. I was very sore not excruciating pain but really sore...The draining happened for the first 4 days I would say. Its really messy so people please use everything necessary to protect your bedding.... I had help the first 2 days then I was solo. I did take it easy and trust me you cannot go back to work in a few days thats BS!!!! it wont happen and you will be so sorry you even tried I took 3 weeks off from work but you need at least a good week. I started to feel better the second week. To be honest the results were so drastic the first few days it really looked the best (most difference to me) then the swelling kicked it the second week and I started to worry, third week you start to see that uneven skin and lumpy appearance ewwwww made me start to have regrets ... MASSAGE it really works, I would soak in the tub (after cleared by PS) and use soap and my hands to massage my whole belly and flanks. It hurts but it does work to smooth things out. Today marks week 4 and im seeing less lumpiness but it definitely is still there, I am still numb somewhat in the areas lipo'd and its firm. I also have swelling by nights end. Keep the compression garment on at all times except to shower and I plan to do that for at least 6 weeks. I did take photos before and after and I promise to share as soon as I figure this out... It was worth it to be rid of that excess fat but I cant really tell you that Im 100% in love with my new shape just yet.. too soon.. but Im starting to like it more each day.. loved it on day 2 i removed that garment to shower and was smiling from ear to ear that didnt last long hahahahaha. btw had 3.5 liters of fat removed from abdomen upper and lower /flanks.. Thank you to all the real self family who really encouraged me to just go for it. reading these posts put me at ease and helped me decide to change what I hated most about my body... Hope we all learn to love what we have changed... update you again soon with pics hopefully this time. would love to have feedback

Hey everyone. i am 2 months post op 3/4 surgery...

hey everyone.
i am 2 months post op 3/4 surgery date it is now 5/13 so guess a bit over 2 months. I still have some lumps right around my belly button and a uneveness straight across my bikini line (best way to explain). It does seem to get better a little each day but im telling you I am biting my nails on this one. Dr gabay said that if it did not go away within the benefited healing time 9 months post op he would do a revision under local anesthesia. I know its still somewhat early but its very frustrating to wait wait wait. i really am counting on some feedback from other lipo stories to see how long they had to wait for the skin to smooth out but I see no one really responds unless you post photos. I will get the photos up people just havent been able to do so my computer actually needs to be thrown out a window. lol.... bye for now

Posted photos to show the progression. Finally...

Posted photos to show the progression. Finally able to figure it out. Anyway hope that u can now see what I'm talking about. The last pics were after I had scratched my belly cause it still itches sometimes like crazy. I will post more probably next month. Happy healing to all and hope this gives someone some insight as to what to expect.

Everyday gets a little better. Hurry up. Uhhhhhhhh

It's getting better!!!

Hi real self friends.
Just wanted to check back in its been a while so wanted to catch you all up to speed. First off its now September which makes me 6 months post op. yes the results are better then before but I'm still not happy with the end result. I can tell you my clothes fit great and I'm loving the silhouette but I'm not confident enough to wear a bikini and that was the whole damn purpose.. I have some hard areas still around my belly button and there are some days it's more pronounced than others. Like when I'm around my cycle the bloat still comes but it's crazy your belly is hard but it accentuates the lumps.. I hate that. I have decided to take the advice from the drs on this site who suggest to wait as long as you can to heal before a revision. So I decided to wait until December or January see how much more it has improved then go ahead and do a touch up... I have posted pics more recent at 4 months which is pretty much what it still looks like now. Hope this helps someone that is ready to go through with this surgery or who have experienced the same. Would love some feed back from others who have been through lipo it helps to share stories and results. Update u again soon.
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr gabay is a board certified plastic surgeon located on Grant Ave and Roosevelt Blvd. He has his own surgery center on site. He is very compassionate and knowlegable in his field. I have been seeing his anesthetician forever and I trust his work and highly recommend him.... I love you Dr Gabay

I'm having my procedure done in Sacramento by Dr. Kaczynski. I will make sure to keep wearing the compression garment and to massage. Thank you for the advice. Also, I will post before and after pictures!
I am having lipo on Sept. 23rd to my upper and lower abs and hips. This site has made me feel very prepared for nearly anything. Like everybody else I'm hoping for great results.
I wish you the best... please keep me posted on your experience. Who is the surgeon??? some advice keep the compression garment in place for 6 weeks and massage massage massage. It makes all the difference it really does.
You look great! Have you dropped any sizes in clothing?
I didn't drop weight? Weird I know but my silhouette is much better. I was expecting weight loss because they removed 3.5 liters of fat but I'm still the same give or take a pound.. My clothes fit better but size still the same because I have big hips but skinny legs. Thanks DAD. Lol. Have u had this procedure?

Hi there, welcome and thanks for sharing your journey with us!

When is your procedure scheduled for?

March 4. Sorry I'm not on here as often as I would like bc of my work schedule. I am really excited but again nervous bc I had my first and only child at 19 yrs old and I was blessed to never get an ugly belly no stretch marks and I actually can still wear a bikini. I just don't want that lumpy appearance that I see on some bf and after photos online. He is a great dr I know him personally but still a bundle of nerves. This site has truly helped me make that final decision. I have been pondering this sx for 2 years now. So it's 2 wks away. Keep me in Ur prayers

Wow, very soon then! Good luck, I hope the procedure goes well and you get the results you were looking for!

Do keep us updated when you can and let us know how it all goes!