Hello, I'm a SAHM of two fabulous, high-energy...

Hello,
I'm a SAHM of two fabulous, high-energy kids who I breastfed until they were each about 2 years old. I've gone from a perky small B that I was really quite happy with to a saggy who-knows-what because I'm still using my old bras. I've got to be an A or less. I've been growing more and more unhappy with my breast size and even though I never though I'd even consider a BA, I am now. The thing is, I'm scared. I gave birth to both kids naturally with midwives to stay out of the hospital and I've never had any surgeries. Not even stitches! I'm afraid of going under the knife.

really want to feel good about myself and my husband supports me no matter what I do. He just says that if I'm NOT going to get the surgery, then I can't complain about them in front of him, because he loves me however they look! Love him... :-)

Anyway, I started to look around on this site about a week ago and I'm so grateful for everyone's stories! I've booked a consultation for May 2nd with Dr. Genter just outside of Philadelphia. Anyone use him? Would love to hear what you think. If I do decide to book the BA, I would like to still be able to enjoy summer. Would I be better off waiting until fall or winter? Or should I just go for it ASAP?

Here are my stats: 5'4", 119 pounds, athletic build. I love to work out: yoga, body combat, strength training, and I'm active with my kids. I know cup size is tough to measure from reading other posts, but I'd love to be a nice, full B cup. I really don't want to be any bigger. Honestly. I want a very natural look and to be able to fit into my current wardrobe. And I don't plan on publicizing my surgery, so I don't want the change to really be noticeable to anyone but myself and my husband. So, there's my story! Will let you know what I'm feeling after the consult!

I've been devouring this site for the past several...

I've been devouring this site for the past several days and just ventured over to the implant removal section, which has me even more confused than ever before. I'm nervous about all of the many things that could go wrong... Would I regret implants, will they look fake, should I learn to love my body the way it is? If I want this just for me, which I do, then maybe I should just suck it up and live with what I've been given? With implants can I still wear my favorite t-shirts and tank tops without a bra? What if I'm in pain all the time? What if I can't work out at the gym like I'm used to? Sorry to be a downer... just confused!
Your thoughts sound alot like mine! My BA is set for October,I am travelling to Thailand for it so will not see the PS till the day before...leaves heaps of time to procrastinate and worry...so much info out there in cyberspace! Everyone I have spoken to tho os glad to have gone ahead, I say we go for it! I'm also thinking fairly small implants,like you I'm really into my training and don't need big knockers in my way...just want to be in proportion and be able to wear lovely things without 3 inches of foam on each boob. :-)
with the working out you are definately going to be able to work out as hard after a month, maybe more. There are tons of figure competitors and body builders who get implants and obviously still get back into competing shape. Yes there are risks to getting implants but you have a higher chance of getting in a car crash every time you get behind the wheel. I asked myself these questions too and instead of asking questions that I know would be discouraging I began to ask: Everytime I look in the mirror am I going to wish my small breasts were bigger? When I go clothes shopping, how many shirts or dresses am i going to pass up because i can't fill them out? When I'm at the beach or pool, nearly half naked in a bikini, am I going to try and hide behind obviously (and tacky) padded tops? Do I feel feminine with a flat chest? Also, a question to ask you. Have you thought of an augmentation using fat transfer? No implants involved. If you do opt for something natural, it WOULD be a good idea to not go so big. Sometimes less is more for a woman :)
Hi there! Elective surgery is not an easy thing to go through but after talking to several women and reading the posts on this amazing site, I feel more sure than ever about having my BA done. I know that there are always chances that there may be complications but it really seems that the odds are in our favor. I really think it will feel great to just fill clothes out! I am really nervous about going under the knife as I have also never been under the knife or sedated for that matter. I think it is so important for us women to feel good about ourselves. It is so sweet that your husband is so supportive with whatever decision you make and I'm sure he'll enjoy you either way. I have my BA scheduled for May 22nd in hopes that I will be ready for summer! I really think you'll have a better idea whether or not you want to have a BA done after you have your consultation. I would really recommend seeing a couple surgeons before making your decision. GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!!

So after my freak out, I've decided that even...

So after my freak out, I've decided that even though there are things that could wrong, it's not the norm, as in almost any situation. I'm feeling good about the consult in a couple of weeks and have to ask - if I feel really good about this doctor that I'm consulting with, should I go ahead and book or should I still shop around? I'm thinking that if I do want to go for it, I'd like to do sooner than later and show off the girls for summer!
I was just reading your post on the 17th. I am so afraid they will be to big and i will feel self conscious. Its bad enough I feel that way with what nature gave me.I know though that to finally be happy with myself I need to bite the bullet and do it. The best thing is to be informed and know what you want and this site has been really helpful. I love the gym and want to be able to still work out and do my running. One of the thing I can't wait for is wearing a sports bra and not be flattened down to nothing. LOL I bet you are excited as your consult is right around the corner. Good Luck!
Yes! My sports bra flattens me to zilch! I really am getting excited for the consult and have found one other dr I'd like to see, too, but still need to call. Now that my summer is quickly booking up, though, I might have to wait until Fall to actually book the surgery. We'll see... :-). And thank you!

Thank you for writing a great review on RealSelf. Glad you've found the site helpful. I usually suggest getting at least two doctor consults if you can. It's always interesting to hear the different doctor opinions. Here is a list of important questions to ask you doctor. Keep us posted!

Second consultation is booked for May 15! I...

Second consultation is booked for May 15! I actually really like the before/after pics of the second doc, so excited to hear what they each have to say. It's funny... In my discussions with my husband and the one friend I've told, I keep saying that I am just exploring my options, but when I wear my clothing I think to myself "this is going to look so much better after my BA!"
Thanks for sharing! I can really relate with the decision process of whether to go for BA or not. When I met with the one who is doing my surgery, I just had a real peace about it - booked that day! Best of luck on your next consultation. :)
I understand your story and that is why I chose to have a BA. My 250 cc under muscle has giving me the natural look I want and my doctor was realistic about what my body could handle. My recovery has been simple I listened to my doctor and have not over done anything.
Yeah see that's what gets exciting is looking at yourself in clothes and saying to yourself "this is going to look so good with bigger boobs in them." Ha ha I'm excited for bathing suits!!!!!

Choices, choices after two consultations.

Okay, now that I've had two consultations, I'm even more confused than ever... I like each doc and their practice for different reasons.

Doc one: Very spa-like office setting, lengthy and thorough consultation including lots of Q&A, trying sizers, walking me through the process, excellent staff, reviewed financing options (even though I may not need to finance), and I feel like the doc really wants to just make me happy and provide me with exactly what I want. I feel doc one has a great marketing team - freebies given at office visit, coupons for other services, goodie bag. You just felt luxurious and well taken-care-of upon leaving there. Paid a small fee for the consultation.

Doc two: more clinical-type office located in a medical center, but with a laid-back feeling (which is not a bad thing to me since this IS a medical procedure, but didn't have a "spa" feel or all the marketing bells and whistles as doc one). Even though doc answered all of my questions, I felt this visit was a bit more rushed, which could have been because I arrived late due to traffic, but I was the only person I saw in the office. We discussed size, but didn't try on sizers. He said that once I book the surgery, I'd nail down size and implant type on a pre-op visit. It's weird because he was professional for sure and like I said, he answered my questions and quickly walked me through the procedure after asking if I'd done my research about BA, but I just felt like I was left hanging a bit... When he left the exam room, I was just basically given a cost breakdown and sent on my way. Now, maybe this is the difference between a paid-for and a free consult, BUT I really like that this doc uses the Keller Funnel and fully explained why he uses it. It sounds like the way to go! Smaller incision site, less trauma to the skin, less risk of bacterial infection... why not use it?! I called doc one to see if he used this method and his office said there hasn't been scientific proof of its benefit yet, so they don't.

So, I'm still not even 100% sure I'm going through with the surgery yet, but I'm hung up on which doc to use if I do. Both are professional and well qualified. For my wish to have a natural look that's on the smaller side both docs recommended silicone implants under the muscle with an inframmary incision. No lift needed. Cost of each is comparable. Any thoughts out there about the pros/cons of the funnel? I feel like the use of the funnel would be my deciding factor.
Hello there, my Dr used the Keller Funnel and she loved it! She said it made my surgery a breeze and it was great decision because you dont want a large incision under your breast, u want it small as possible right? So since I went with a large implant I chose to use the Keller Funnel so I wouldn't have such a huge incision and my Dr wouldn't have to struggle getting the implants inside/underneath my tight chest muscles. Good luck, best wishes.
Hi Yesnewme! Your review is great! Love all the pics and you really can see the dropping from day 12 to 13. It's awesome hearing how happy everyone is, despite the after pains, which I fully expect! Would you feel you've healed faster than others by using the Keller funnel? Or maybe it's hard to say... I like it because even though I'm going small (250-275cc), I wish for a quick recovery, minimal scarring, and lower risk of capsular contracture. Thanks for sharing your experience!
Thank you, I can say recovery was faster and less painful, I'm not too sure if it really makes a diffrence in healing time but my stitches were removed in less than a week despite how some women has had to wait longer. Its only been two weeks and my incisions look great I'll post pics today of them. Forgot to mention the decreasing risk of CC which was another reason y I chose the Keller Funnel. Although it is expensive, its worth it to me.

Booked my date! October 3rd.

After many months of driving myself crazy with do I or don't I, I've decided to go for it! I'm fluctuating between absolute panic and total peace with the decision. At the moment, I'm at peace. I'll be freaking out again in an hour.

When I told my husband yesterday that I'd booked it, he asked what was the deciding factor all of a sudden (after months of indecision). It was that I really do want to feel confident again. I have beautiful lingerie and clothing in my closet that I don't wear due to my self esteem. I don't want to let any more time pass wishing I'd have just done it already. I've worked really hard the past year to get fit after having kids and I'm really proud of my body with the exception of my flat chest. I was happy with my small chest pre-children, even though I only had a small handful. Now that that's gone, I get very self conscious, even with my husband who loves me exactly as I am. I want to feel sexy for him and for me!

Even though I'm terrified of all the what-ifs, so many of you here have helped me to see what can go "right" with the experience and that's what I'm trying to focus on. I'm not telling others of my decision yet. I want to just sit on it for a bit and wrap my own thoughts around it before having to defend myself (which I know I would have to do with both friends and family). I may just tell a few close friends in the end and leave family out of it entirely, as they would completely freak.

I do know that from my first consultation, I want to look at the 250 - 275cc range. I just want a nice full look with a natural slope, not something that anyone would notice, but enough for me to feel good in my swimsuits and in the buff. I've chosen the second doctor; the one who uses the Keller Funner. The use of the funnel was a big factor for me after studying online about its benefits. I booked the surgery date and pre-op yesterday afternoon. I was so nervous!! I was shaking before I hit the last number on the phone. Then, when I hung up the phone, I felt a surprising sense of calm. I've been going over this in head non-stop (and obsessing on this site!) for so long and it felt really good to finally have made a choice!

So, now I have two months to go. I'm not in hurry now that I've booked it. I think two months is a good amount of time to prepare myself mentally. And of course, should I have a total change of heart and decide to back out, I'm also giving myself that breathing room. But, if I do back out it will be 100%. I will NOT mull it over any more. I've told myself it's now or never so I don't torture myself with indecision any longer.

There it is!! Pre-Op is September 13th (uh-oh... Friday the 13th! ACK!) and I'll finalize my sizing then. My doctor does not recommend any supplements or scar cream, I just need to withdraw use of any vitamins, etc. about a week pre-op. So, other than getting some meals pre-made and finding my body pillow, I might be all set. You tell me! What do I need that I'm not thinking of? I think my husband is really excited I've decided to go for it. He wants me to be happy and he's said we'll do some fun bra shopping when it's time. :)
How exciting. And the approximate size you are going for sounds awesome! I took Percocet for 24 hours and used peas to ice. it was an easy surgery for me, so I didn't need anything else. Keep us updated!
Percocet and peas... got it! :) So glad to hear your surgery was easy. It's a relief to know that some people don't have a horrible time. I hope I'm a lucky one, too!
By the way, your look is fantastic!! I love the natural slope and fullness on the bottom of the breast. Exactly what I'm going for!!

Nightmares!

Has anyone been plagued by nightmares after booking their BA? The past two nights in a row I've had them! The first one was really weird. I was on a vacation where the hotel was part of this huge mall and I went to the surgeon's room in the hotel with a bunch of other ladies to all have BAs and when I came out, he'd only wrapped me up with one layer of ace bandage and my right boob had fallen down about 6 inches lower than the other... and then I woke up. In the one last night, the surgeon used pieces of provolone cheese to do my BA and the funny thing is that I wasn't even mad about the cheese, I was just really mad that I was still flat!!

Not only am I stressing while awake, but I'm getting stressed out in my sleep, too! Aaaahhh!!
The cheese made me laugh! I don't recall having weird dreams, but at least yours aren't about dying or something. Could be worse right?!
Oh that is awful, but I am sorry I had to chuckle at the cheese dream. Lol . It's only because you are stressed and nervous so it's to be expected to have wacky dreams. I know I will once I finally make the date. Don't read to much into it. Just try to have a good laugh at how rediculous some of these dreams can be.
I can totally imagine the lactation feeling! If that's what it's like, I can certainly handle it. :-) I was a fountain of milk when I nursed... constantly engorged with my first one! I'm hoping that having nursed my kids will help me, too. I mean, I've already stretched my skin way out and the size I'm going for is smaller than when I was fullest while nursing. I just don't have a lot of skin below the nipple and hope that my implants would drop well. Just have to wait and see!

Wish boob pics

Having fun surfing the net for wish boobs!
Dreams, Yes I had them too. Weird ones like you, lol. Question.... Do your ever feel like you are afraid of what people will think if you go (not big) but, as big as you might want? Are you afraid to go too big because of what someone might think? ....But at the same time afraid of goign too big? Afraid too that maybe you will regret going through all this and taking the HUGE risks all for something you may not want 100 percent (size-wise)? I know I felt that way and I think my dreams came from that. Don't choose too small with the extra skin you have from breast feeding, I think you can handle something more. You need to fill out, I see you at at about 300 saline filled to 350cc moderate plus profile for a natural and nice look. But I do not want to sway your decision. Once I really analysed my feelings and looked inside and talked to my husband about his HONEST feelings.... He WOULDN'T even act like he wanted me to do it, and he too asked me what the deciding factor was after begin so indecisive....Well, fact was he just loved me so much he didn't want to tell me he was excited about the whole thing. He finally just said hey, "I am a man, and as a man we are programmed" (or something to like that) "but, I honestly love you the way you are, I cannot help but be excited but afraid to say anything". So I bumped my cc's up to 350... I said to my surgeon I dont want to look like a hooker but I want to look good for my husband naked, just make me look good naked! I had him order me 325's and I figured to be filled to 350 but I said I would leave that to him. I ended up with 375 and hey I was so glad! I really deep down wanted 375. I don't look obnoxiously big in clothes you can hardly tell. I never told ANYONE not even my kids. No one notices. I DO look good naked and my husband is happy. I am happy. He loves to take me lingerie shopping and loves my body. It is like getting a new wife. I am happier and maybe that is why... but the boobs do help renew the fires. DONT be afraid to look good naked! :-) it is so fun!
Thank you so much for sharing your experience! It really does help to hear all of the different takes on things. I think the dreams are from me just being scared out of mind about the surgery in general and about having a bad outcome. I'm terrified of what I read on the explant threads and of the photos of the jobs-gone-wrong. I'm hoping so much to be one of those who end up wishing I'd done it sooner. As far as sizing, I'd like to stick with something close to what I was before kids, just a bit more. I'm very into fitness and don't want them the hinder me from doing the things I enjoy. I do know that my husband is excited for me to have it done, despite what he says about my being perfect as-is. Whenever I've brought up not going through with it, I can see how he feels on his face. That said, I'd never do it just for him. I'm doing it for both of us. I get pretty excited about wearing all the lingerie I have and haven't worn in years for him! I think that will be so much fun. I told another poster that I've already bought and tucked away some dynamite swimsuits for new boobies! :-). I'll talk with my doc more on the 13th and see what he says about my stretched out nursing boobs. Will keep you posted! ;-)
I had to laugh out loud when you said how you can read his feelings by the look on his face when you have said things about not going through with it. It was EXACTLY the same for me. Too Funny! I am sure you will love your outcome and try not to worry about being put under. Since it is for such a short time the risks are far less! Do not eat any blood thinning foods before (2 weeks) if you can help it. Turns out about everything I LOVE is blood thinning! I had a little bleeding issue. I tried to be good. I didn't even have any wine. It was not a big deal though. But do avoid blood thinners.

Three days until pre-op

Let me start by saying that I'm still feeling peaceful about my decision to move forward and I'm grateful for those here who've gone before me to pave the way! It's so helpful! Yesterday I ordered two sets of Hanes Bandinis for afterward at the suggestion of Daphne and the awesome sale hook-up from OutlawCranium. :-) thanks, ladies! I've printed my wish pics for the pre -op on Friday and made my appts for blood work and physical. It's getting real!!!

I made some rice sizers last week. Here's 275cc. I think I like it!

How did your pre op go on Friday? You're getting closer! Here is a list of items you might want to purchase and set up for your surgery. Try not to stress too much. Keep yourself busy if you can to distract your mind a bit. :)

It was good, Beth! Thanks for asking. I'll do an update soon. :)
I see you're in Philly and were on the fence about your PS....who did you end up choosing? If you're still a little iffy I'd love to recommend dr Adrian lo ..... He just did mine on Friday and I couldn't be happier! He also specializes in the transaxillary incision using the Keller funnel and just does an overall beautiful job. I'm not trying to confuse you more, I know there are a lot of wonderful surgeons here in the Philly area....just thought I'd give some input seeing as how there don't seem to be a lot of reviews from ladies in our area!

Post Pre-Op Thoughts

I had my pre-op, blood work, and physical on Friday. After signing 9 pages of consent forms that detailed everything under the sun that could possibly go wrong, I was pretty freaked out! My palms were so sweaty!! The office was really busy that morning and I was called back about 45 minutes late, so I was especially nervous having all that time to contemplate bleeding out in the OR and whatnot...

The PS took some measurements and we discussed the procedure a bit before he left me to try on sizers. I was very happy with the 250cc sizers, so he recommended I go with Mentor Gel 275 cc Mod + implants. I think I feel good about that. I'd tried the 275 rice sizers here at home and they looked good, but I would definitely be okay with a bit less, so I'm actually hoping that I do lose a bit of the volume by going under the muscle. Also, knowing that the #1 complaint is not going big enough, I should avoid that with the 275s since the 250 look is great for me. I hope!

My PS is very confident and I trust him or I wouldn't have chosen him, but I'm very grateful for the stories I've read here or I wouldn't know what questions to ask and I feel like there were a few topics we wouldn't have gone over had I not brought it up.

I received my Bandinis in the mail this week and they're soooooo comfortable! Love them already. I need to purchase a zip up sports bra for my follow up appt. and bags of frozen peas! Thanks for the list of supplies, Beth! I'll start checking them off. :)

I still can't believe I'm actually doing this. I really never thought I'd ever have plastic surgery in a million years. I'm not totally crunchy granola, but I am a very natural girl and I shock myself! When talking with a close friend about it, I explained to her that I just want to be confident in my body again. That's all. I don't want to be a porn star or to attract the attention of anyone but my husband. I can't wait to feel sexy again!

So, here is my question for you girls:

I didn't want to tell my babysitter that I'm doing this, but my appt is the very first of the day and I have an hour drive. Would it be weird/detrimental to him if my husband brought me to the hospital with both kids and then drove him back to the bus? He's almost six and very perceptive. My fear is how he would feel "taking mommy to a hospital". Or should I just suck it up and hire my sitter for the morning? She'd have to come at 5:00am. My friends say I don't need to tell her what I'm having done, but we're very close and she pretty much knows everything about our lives anyway, so I feel that I couldn't keep it from her if she knew I was going.

Thanks for your support!

Referring to my son in question above...

I didn't clearly state in my question above that it's my son I'm talking about going with us to the hospital at first. He wouldn't be there when I come out of the OR. He'd be in school and would see me later that day. Just trying to figure out the morning bus thing. My two year old daughter will be with my husband at the hospital.
Hi! I'm excited to see your results! I loved your post about the dreams super funny. Where did you find the zip up sport bras? I have surgery ten days after you. Good luck! Your gonna be really happy. In my dreams it's all good with nice boobs! No cheese ;)
I just read both reviews... wow! You certainly have been through the wringer. I am so happy to hear you're on a path to happiness!! So exciting! I found the zip front bra on amazon. Just search "Champion zip front sports bra". I was told by the PS to buy either a C cup or a medium based on my frame. It should be quite snug after surgery. Thanks for your support! I hope I'm one of the success stories. :-) And you, too!! I'll be following your journey. No cheese...

Remembered a few more details from Pre-Op

I was thinking about everything we went over in my pre-op and remembered a few more details. One is that with my chosen size and the current amount of breast tissue that I have, my PS said I should be a small - medium C cup post-op. The last time I was a C cup, I was a bountiful breasted nursing goddess momma! Woohoo! That would be so exciting! I actually had some pin-up pics done when I was nursing because the ladies had never looked so good. ;-) Maybe I'll have to book another shoot one day!

The other thing I remembered was about the incision site. My PS uses internal dissolving stitches and surgi-tape, so I won't be needing any stitches removed. That was a relief. I'm such a baby about needles, etc. and I was so worried I'd feel any stitches being removed. No worries about that at least! Okay, that's all for now.

One More!

Oh, one last detail! From my collage of wish pics, the PS said we're on track for the Jennifer Aniston look/size. I told my husband that and he lit up! I said, sorry babe, you're still getting good 'ole me, just Jennifer herself! Hahaha!!! But, he was VERY happy to hear we're going for that look. LOL... Men.
Forgot to add about the zip up bra - I did find one at Dick's Sporting Goods, but they didn't have my size. They only had a 32C and it was soooo tight. I think I'm a pretty solid 34. It was UnderArmor brand and it was $59.99, I think. I was NOT about to spend that much on a sports bra that I won't wear for long. The Champion one on Amazon came to $23.22.

typo

"Not" Jennifer herself...

Glad your pre op went well. Sounds like everything is falling into place. I would be tempted to get the morning babysitter for your son. Less driving for him and overall less worry for him, especially if he is comfortable with the babysitter. You can tell the babysitter you're having a quick and simple, worry free, out of office female procedure...and point to your crotch! It could be anything down there. No more questions will be asked! :)  Let us know what you decide to do!

Haha! Great idea!! He's very comfortable with her, yes. She's been with him since he was 3 months old. I think that's a good plan. I really don't want to worry him or trouble my husband with all that driving. Thank you!
Looking forward to seeing your results. I go in on the 6th. So well be very close with recovery. Not long now. I think we mommies deserve to do something for ourselves too and I cant think of a better gift to give yourself :))

Free meditations!

So, apparently I have a lot to say today with all these posts, but I wanted to share with those heading into surgery (and those that aren't!) that there is a free 21 day meditation/mantra thing going on right now and it's great for calming the nerves. I think we're already on day 8, but you should be able to join anytime. Just google 21 day mantra meditation with Deva and Miten. Namaste, peeps. :-)

Two weeks out. Cold feet.

I had to call in and pay the hospital and anesthesia fees today and that scared the crap out of me. Am I really doing this? I felt so confident all week and now I'm panicking. I think I've been reading too many explants stories again... And I worry because there are so many of you out there who are just counting down the days with excitement until your surgery date and I'm counting them down in apprehension. Am I setting myself up for failure by being so nervous? I do want this. And I want to love them! But what if I feel like they're not for me, like others do?? What a grand waste of money that would be! Ugh... I'm sorry. Debbie Downer today. I knew the freak out phase would come again.

So, here's what else has been on my mind: I know that the sizing is different for every body. It's very plain to see on other reviews here that 250 on one body can look like 375 on another (at least to me). I felt that 250 sizers looked great on me at the PS's office and I don't want more. Is 275 really going to look like less under the muscle as they say? I'm tempted to call the office and change to 250.

Overthinkers R Us over here.
I am 275 and right now my C bra is sooo tight on me. But I am only day 9. I love my look. I will post more pictures tomorrow at day 10. I went with silicone, under muscle.
Thanks for posting all those awesome pics! You're looking great!
Hi! So reassuring to know someone else out there is not just excited excited about their ba and also a little bit apprehensive!! With 4 weeks to go I am currently at a 'peace' stage with it all, but five days ago I had a bit of a freak out too! I did exactly what you did too and that is read a lot of explant stories. Which didn't help. But then I just have to go look in the mirror (take of hugely padded bra) and say you know what, if it makes me feel confident again, even if its not for long, then it'll be worth it. I'll deal with the explant thing as and when and if it happens! Will be thinking of you and looking forward to seeing your pics! Good Luck! :)

One Week Away and Riding a Rollercoaster

Had you asked me two days ago how I felt about having surgery next week, I would have said that I was ready to cancel. My cold feet had become frigid icebergs. I was not feeling an ounce of excitement, just worry and panic. Lots and lots of worry and panic. I'm better today. I'm feeling excited today. And it was funny because my husband has seen my panic and apprehension this week and today when he came from work he said "if you don't feel excited, then let's not do this. I don't feel good about you doing something you're not excited about." And I smiled and said I was and that I felt much better today. So... Rollercoaster.

One week from tonight will be my last with my natural chest. I did a very cleansing yoga practice tonight (108 sun salutations to welcome the change in seasons) and I think it's given me a very even-keeled outlook, which I welcome so much right now! Feeling peaceful again. Starting tonight, I feel like the countdown really begins. One more yoga class. One more BodyCombat class. One more TRX class and then I won't be heading to the gym for a while. One more week...

I did end up asking my babysitter to come on the morning of the surgery. I didn't see the point in taking my son to the hospital and having my hubs do all that driving back and forth. I caved and told her. I'd asked her to come at 5am and said it was because I was having an outpatient procedure and her look just made me buckle!! Gah! I guess she'd know sooner or later.

Anyway, that's the scoop at the moment! I have my post-op bra, neck pillow, Bandinis, bendy straws, button up jammies, and I just ordered Thera-Pearls ice packs (shaped like peas!) I'll drop off my prescriptions tomorrow. And I have books! Oh my goodness, I'm actually looking forward to recovery just so I can read! I hope I'm not too loopy to do that. Anyone read the Outlander books? I'm on the second one and I can't get enough! :-) Haha!
Being scared is natural! You know you are excited for the future but there is a lot of work to be done before the results are in. You work out, so you understand how the time in between starting and achieving is always the most difficult time! Surgery is scary and don't let anyone tell you this isn't a big deal. This is a milestone though! Just let your loved ones help you through the nerves. That's what got me through it cause I'm a huge* baby!
Thank you, Venus. Just the pep talk I needed. :-) Hope you're feeling great tonight and are able to bust out those belly laughs with your friends soon!
I'm a natural/crunchy gal myself so this was hard at first to wrap around altering my body. I went through several weeks of changing my mind before I finally decided I did really want to go forward. I haven't always posted all my thoughts on RS but try to genuine and real. I myself want a nice C cup and will have my pre-op the day before surgery since I'm going out if town for it where my sis lives. I'm thinking I like the idea of around 325cc saline under but I also have less tissue than you do. Can't wait to see your results!

Okay, I'm really excited now!

I'm excited!! I'm sitting here in my post-op bra and 250 sizers and they look amazing and I'm excited. That's all. Have a great night!
Buy some lotion with shea butter or vaseline to aplly to breasts to minimize possability of stretch marks :)
Will do! Thanks ForMe24. Hope your recovery is going well! :)
Hey just had my ba 9/2613 7:30AM SIENTRA HP 315CC ARMPIT INCISION LET KEEP IN TOUCH GOODLUCK!! WAITING TO TAKE OFF BANDAGEA TO POST PICS. ALSO FOT MINE DONE IN PHILA WITH ADRIAN LO, BUT FROM NJ

I'm Ready. Let's do this.

I have my supplies. I just need to pick up my meds next week. I got my brows done, hair cut, and I have a massage scheduled for Tuesday. I'd bought a Groupon for a massage and all of a sudden realized I probably wouldn't be able to use it for a while after surgery. What better time than two days before?! Here's a pic of all the post-op goodies I've purchased. Now I'm just nesting and cleaning like when I was pregnant, but with two young kids I'm like a dog chasing his tail... I feel like I'm getting nowhere! Although, I did unpack some boxes in the basement from our move in March, so that was a success! I think I've vacuumed every day since last Wednesday. I'm a hopeless clean freak, but I really feel the most sane when I have clean floors. It's my own personal happy place! I'm already wondering about how my husband will handle kids (school, soccer, baths, bedtime), meals, cats, and house without me for a few days... yikes!

I feel so boobie conscious lately! Everywhere I go, I'm eyeing cute ones, small ones, big ones, cleavage, no cleavage and trying to judge cc's!! Has anyone else done that? I think my last remaining stress is still the size. I'm just so worried about going too big... BUT everyone (husband, husband's friend who is a PS, my PS, doctor's receptionist, some of you guys here) have all said I would be best going just over my comfort zone of 250 by staying at 275. I hope so! Sometimes, I just want to call the office and say PLEASE have 250s on-hand for the day-of just in case I change my mind about the 275s.

Now back to enjoying this amazingly gorgeous fall day. I hope everyone is having a great weekend!
OMG, its sooooo close. :-O
Ahhhhh!!!! I can't believe it!
Also, did you end up picking the doctor that uses the funnel technique ?

Two more sleeps...

Eeek!! I still can't believe I'm doing this! I bought my Hibiclens today and pick up meds tomorrow morning. I've kind of given up on my housework. I was driving myself crazy. My husband can run a dishwasher and do a load of laundry... (Folding is questionable! Haha!).

You all know I'm stressing over the size... Well, I thought a lot about it this weekend and my gut is truly saying 250. So, I talked the office manager at the PS office yesterday and she said we could have both 250 and 275cc available for the day of SX. That made me feel such relief. Even if I do end up going 275 after talking with the doc again, at least I know the option was there to reconsider.

I've been talking about this a lot with my two closest friends (the only ones who know other than my husband and babysitter) and although they both think it's out of character for me (so called yoga, healthy, natural girl), they are both SO supportive and I'm so very grateful for lending their ears and encouragement. I hope each of you have at least one friend to confide in. I was so nervous to tell them and they have both said they love me unconditionally, so of course they'll support me. And we are constantly evolving beings. I can still be yoga healthy girl with great fake boobs. Defying labels!! :-)

At the recommendation of VenusInVegas, I've taken a bunch of before pics. Here they are!
Good luck tomorrow. .I hope you get your dream boobies hugs Shelly xoxo
Thank you, Shelly!!
Good luck, you'll be joining us on the boob-land very soon.

It's tomorrow!

Holy cow! Tomorrow!! Now I'm in go-mode: make food for the kids, getting packages sent, bank run, pharmacy run, laundry, etc... I think I'm ready!

Had a slight panic this morning when I woke up at 5:00am and thought it was today and not tomorrow. Couldn't fall back to sleep thinking about all the things I need to get done today. And I have to decide if I'm going to my yoga class tonight. When I do go, my husband puts the kids to bed and I might want to stay home and do that tonight. One last comfort before the long weekend of recovery. We'll see.

Oh my god... Deep breaths!!!
Maybe after putting the kids to bed do some yoga breathing. I took the night off with my kids the night before surgery, it helped me calm the butterflies. Good luck tomorrow!
Thanks, Misty. I think that's a great idea. As much as I want to do the class, it's not worth the two hours out of my night when I can be with the kids before I'm out of commission. How are you doing?
I'm doing great, back in my routine except for exercise and hoping to get the green light for that at my post op with my PS today.

Goals... And soup!

Thinking this afternoon about what I want out of this procedure. My goals are:

To look smoking in a bikini
To gain fullness lost through breastfeeding
To feel confident in the bedroom again and not hide myself under a t-shirt
To actually want to wear the gorgeous lingerie my husband's bought me
To not be obviously larger than the padded bra I've been wearing

After googling how to naturally detox from anesthesia, I read that the cabbage family helps. I'd already planned to make the classic 80's style cabbage soup diet soup today so I ramped it up with double the cabbage and ad libbed a few other veggies, too. It's one of my favorites and loaded with veggies! I have a double recipe ready for this weekend and plan to make blackberry bran muffins with the kids tonight so my guys have an easy go-to meal for me and momma-made snacks for them.

I know I've probably read it a hundred times in other reviews, but when should I expect to be among the land of the living again? Other than exercise, when were you guys back to doing the normal stuff like dishes and making lunches and driving?
Hope you are feeling well! Excited for you!!!
Thinking about you and hoping that everything goes well! Can't wait for pics! :) *hugs*
Thinking of you and can't wait to see post-pics. I've really enjoyed reading your journey. I so related to you when you said you never thought you'd have a BA, that you don't plan to publicize, and that your close friends are supportive even tho "out of character" for you. Ditto, ditto, ditto!!! I wish you the best today!!!

I did it!

There was a little part of me that didn't think I would actually go through with it, but I'm here on the other side! I doing well! Some pain and I'm tired, but can't seem to sleep. My husband is taking wonderful care of me and my daughter was such a trooper after 6 hours at the hospital with daddy! Here's my day and a post-op bandage shot.

4am - get up and shower again. Didn't sleep at all last night. Maybe two hours...
5am - leave for Philly with husband and daughter. Babysitter will get my son on the bus.
6-7:15 - pre-op registration, IV, preg test, etc. IV was the worst part of my morning. I hate needles!
7:15 - meet with anesthesiologist. She took one look at the death grip I had on my pillow and had me in tears as she talked me through the process. She was so sweet and comforting.
7:20- final review and mark up with PS. Told him my size fears and while he listened and validated my worry, he said he wouldn't recommend less than 275 for my frame. 275 it is!
7:30- wheeled to OR, took two deep breaths and lights out!
9:15- PS met with husband to say all was well.
10:30- started coming-to in recovery. Very heavy, tight feeling. Short of breath, thirsty. Was given pain meds in drip and ice chips. Pain was a 4-5 out of 10.
11:30- moved to secondary recovery and joined husband and daughter. Had juice and graham crackers. Pain came on again and took 1/2 Percocet followed by other half about 45 minutes later.
12:30- changed into pajamas and loaded for home.
1:45- arrived at home. Potholes and sharp turns are a bitch.
Now - resting in bed. Pain is a 2-3 with occasion 6's in left lower breast. I'm taking oxycodone (generic for Percocet) for pain. Had a bowl of soup about an hour ago. Hoping to sleep once kids and hubs leave for soccer.

All three of my nurses at Bryn Mawr were so wonderful!!! Reassuring, encouraging, and understanding. It also felt good to know that one had already used my surgeon for malignant mass removal and another planned to for an eye lift!

Getting drowsy... Thank you all for your kind words! Xoxoxo
I am so glad you did well. Make sure you let Daddy be daddy and take care of those wonderful kids and you rest! It won't be long be for your back in your regular routine. Can't wait to see the results and I hope you are very happy with them as I am sure you will be
So glad all is well...looking forward to seeing your results. Look after yourself xoxo
I wish I had your PS, maybe would have saved me the pain and expense of this revision! Happy healing!

Feeling like a wuss.

Hello ladies! I'm laying in bed here on day two post-op. Or is it day one? Surgery was yesterday, so I'd think that today is day two... I'm in pain. I'm taking oxycodone every six hours, but I start to hurt again after about 4 hours or so. I have a muscle relaxer for bedtime and that seemed to work well last night. I slept from about 10 to 5am. Pain woke me up. The oxy makes me drowsy, so I've had a few small naps, but I feel like I can't fully fall asleep.

Anyway, I had my follow-up with the PS this morning and he said surgery went very well and he's happy with how they look. I am, too, so far! I am very relieved that they don't look too big. He removed the ace wrap and I saw them in full glory (yay!) and he helped me into my zip front sports bra. He said I could resume normal activity with the exception of exercise. I absolutely do not feel ready to do anything yet! If I use my arms at all, I get a pain in my breast. PS is very adamant against icing and does not recommend massage. It's strange how doctors have such differing ideas. He said as fall as pain, swelling, and emotions, it's going to get worse before it gets better. :-(

Today they feel as tight as yesterday and are itchy at the incision site. I haven't looked at the incisions at all. I'm actually afraid too move much period, so I haven't taken off the sports bra since it was put on. When I gain the courage, I'll share some pics. Hope everyone is doing well! TGIF!
Bless you girl! I hope you recover quickly, and I am sending healing hugs to you!!!!
Thank you, dear!! Right back at you! I can't wait to feel well enough to hug my kids again. :-)
Thank you, JosieBee! Kiddos are out for dinner and errands with daddy now. He's been so great taking care of me and I think he's also found a whole new appreciation for what I do at home! :-)

Hot Mess

I'm bloated, crabby, greasy-faced, and itchy!! Nervous about, but can't wait for that first shower. Other than that, everything is great!
Take it easy..Happy Healing!

Day Two Pics

Ahhhh... Had a shower this morning. So nice!! I also inspected the girls closely for the first time. I feel they're a bit bigger than I'd wanted, but hopefully the swelling will go down to a size I'm more comfortable with. I have the spongebob squareboob look at the moment. I got through my shower great and the pain is minimal now. I'm not due for another pain pill for 1/2 hour, so that's a good sign! I slept great last night. I thought back sleeping would be torturous. I'm usually on my side or stomach.

My husband says they look great! He's at soccer with the kids and I'll be taking it easy again today. For your TMI update, I haven't felt constipated even though I haven't gone since Thursday. I've been eating cabbage soup, bran muffins, and Naked green juice, hoping that those will keep me moving.

I'm numb on the bottom half of each breast. My left is more swollen and tight. My sternum is slightly sore and the itching is down since my shower. I'm feeling miles ahead of where I was yesterday!
Your girls look great! Congrats. :-D
Thank you!!
your swelling will decrease some and boobies will drop too. Give it several months to full show their shape. You look wonderful!!! Muscle relaxers will be your friend over the next few days :) btw

Day three - this too shall pass.

I think I've just entered the "holy shit what have I done" phase. Maybe it's that they are still swollen and I'm freaking about the size or maybe it's because I miss holding my kids and being able to care for them, but it's hit me that I have made a drastic change to my body. I desperately want to get to the phase where my breasts feel like a natural part of me. I keep reminding myself of that mantra that works so well with kids: "this too shall pass". Maybe it's a bit of the boobie blues I'm feeling now.

As far as recovery, I don't feel pain this morning except when I overextend my arm or try to push/pull. I was due for another oxy at 6am and I haven't taken it. I'd like to get off the pain pills today. So far, I'm doing well. I'm doing easy things around the house like helping get the kids dressed or cleaning up a bit here and there and I don't feel I've overdone it. We plan to take a trip out to the farmers market this afternoon. I'm craving these amazing food truck fish tacos! It'll be great to get some fresh air.

My right boob has a weird tugging sensation across the bottom when I sniffle or sneeze. My left feels a little higher and tighter than the right still, but both feel a tiny bit more settled this morning.

I still haven't gone to the bathroom, so maybe I'll have some smooth move tea after our outing today. I don't feel uncomfortable, but my belly is bloated.

Hoping my melancholy mood passes soon...
Your thought process leading up to surgery is very similar to mine (scheduled in Dec). Your breasts look wonderful! I think you're going to have just the look you wanted, beautiful and natural. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
Hi, sorry to hear about how you feel today. Don't worry, from what I read so far (which is a lot!!!) that it will come to pass. Oh, and your boobies look beautiful for a day 2 post-op!!! You doc did such a great job!
Thank you, PinUp! He was a very confident surgeon. I'm completely happy with his work, just going through the emotions today. I take solace in the fact that it's normal to feel this way. On the plus side, I went out with the family today on no pain meds! Things are looking up! :-)

Making progress and the opposite of boob greed.

I don't regret doing the BA, but I do regret going with 275. They feel so large and unnatural on my chest. My goal was to have a nice minimal enhancement and I feel like I have giant knockers. I hope with all my might that they chill out and end up looking smaller than they do now. I feel bad because I should be over the moon right now and it makes me feel I'm being ungrateful for all my husband has done to make this happen. He has been so amazing! I know I need to give it time... I just feel like they aren't going to go down enough and I'm going to look ridiculous. I'm on pins and needles waiting for the swelling to subside.

On the plus side, I haven't had a pain pill since Saturday night and I've been able to participate in the goings-on of the family again. I had a cup of Smooth Move last night and it did help with the constipation. The only thing I'm still taking drug-wise is a muscle relaxer at night. My husband is back to work today. I was able to get my son off to school this morning just fine: making breakfast, packing a lunch, etc. I find the most discomfort when I raise my arms or try to push or pull anything heavy. Doors can be tough. The wiping motion of cleaning the table or countertops is weird, too. I'm sleeping on my back and it's not the best. I keep trying to roll to my side while sleeping and it wakes me up each time. I'm not a back sleeper at all. I also try to stretch unconsciously during the night and then get a super sharp pain in my breast. Otherwise, I love that I'm able to be more normal around my kids again and we're going to take it easy this week. I have another follow up appt on Friday that I should be able to drive myself to. That's the scoop for now!
My doctor also didn't recommend massage if that makes you feel any better. I've read that massage is something they had people do at the beginning of implants, but then studies showed that it made no difference in the final result. I know it's controversial, but that is what I know. Also, the look and feel of your breasts will be so much different in 2 months compared to now. I promise!
I trust you. :-). I think it might just my nature to freak out about something all the time... I'm a worry wort just like my grandma was! I keep telling myself how early it is. Thank you!
Hey girl- just to let you know, I like to shoot straight from the hip. So, that being said....I think you are overreacting about their size. They already look great on you, not too big- not too small. AND, they are still swollen. Give it at least 3-4 weeks, then you can start to tell the final size. Don't fret for now, there is still much change headed our way. Have you started massage yet?

Other symptoms

There are a few symptoms I wanted to mention for those who have yet to go through surgery, some if them are mentioned often here, other not so much. I understand they're all normal. Just wanted to share: I have tingling, tugging, itching, and numbness on my breasts. I often walk or sit slightly hunched as if I'm trying to protect my chest. When I notice it and push my shoulders back and down, I feel much better. I get winded easily (like when going upstairs) and I feel greater tightness and swelling in my chest after being up and around for a while. It's a good reminder to slow down. I tire easily and have needed a nap every day since the BA. Since I'm not using my full range of motion, my back feels like it needs to crack, but I'm afraid of twisting yet. I usually crack my back all the time! I have some bloating even though I've gone to the bathroom, but that's a normal bodily response after surgery. Lastly, I have tingling in my right hand and lower arm. It's down in the pinkie and fourth finger and up through the wrist from there. I've researched online and it's called ulnar nerve entrapment. It could last for a few days-weeks, but any longer and you should talk to a doctor. All of these symptoms are normal!
Thanks for the advice I appreciate it. Happy healing ;-)
My numbness is still there some. You really can't tell until about 4-6 months how you are going to look. They are looking good!
Thanks, dear! Your look was my wish look and I hope I come close to it! :-)

A boobie goodnight

Not a great photo at all. I'm worn out from my first full day of being mom again. They are high and tight tonight and I felt like my bra was squeezing the life out of me. So here they are just hanging out while I settle in with book. Night!

Side view

Im 1 day post op now and mine are looking huge too. But besides huge they are looking very torpedo boob :-/ Its hard to really see as they are wrapped up so tight. But I totally get your fears of being too big. Im sure yours will settle nicely though xxx
I enjoyed reading your blog! You're going to look so gorgeous in the lingerie you posted! Take it easy on yourself and yes, they will settle. I'm already noticing a small difference at day five. ;-)
Your making great progress!! They look great so far. ((hugs))

Random thoughts on Day five.

This morning I woke up with noticeably less swelling. Woohoo!!! And then I promptly destroyed all that goodness by doing the dishes and cat litter and running after kids and yada yada yada. So... I'm swollen and tight again, but hey, baby steps!! When I woke up, I palmed both breasts as I have every morning for almost my entire adulthood. What can I say? Even when they were small, I liked to hold them. And anyway, they didn't feel so big!! Yay! I was so happy. I think I will love them.

I think I'm allergic to whatever antiseptic cleanser they used in the OR. I have teeny tiny little whiteheads all over my chest. Or maybe it's from this sports bra. I washed it before I wore it, though. Hmmmm.

My husband is so happy with this size. He's been just awesome at lifting my spirits. I can't wait until he can play with them! ;-). I think I'll try some different clothes on later and get pics up. Right now, though, my little girl is snuggled up close. Time for our nap.

Congratulations! You look great from what I can see so far. Will look forward to the before and after photos in your swim suits, once you're feeling better!

You look great! Congrats:)
Thank you! I saw on your review that you're interested in the Keller Funnel method. My PS uses the funnel for all of his BAs and has had great results. I'm not sure that it's decreased my recovery time, but I have very little bruising. Once my steri-strips come off of my incisions, I'll post photos. I chose my PS not only because I liked the look of his results, but I loved that he used the funnel. Good luck!

Oh, the joys of a hot bath and a shave!

Good grief, I was turning into a werewolf with all that leg hair!! :-D

Feeling pretty good today. I "almost" slept on my side last night. I mean, I was able to turn slightly to each side without a painful tugging in the side of the breast. I really can't wait to sleep normal again.

I'm still eating my cabbage soup and drinking my green juice to get all those healthy veggies into me. Also taking my probiotic and multivitamin. I think I'll have another cup of the Smooth Move tea today, though. The first time I had it, I went four times the next day and nothing since then, even though I've been eating prunes. My bloat was gone and now it's back.

We went out to dinner last night and I'm still an invalid. I need my husband to open/close the car door and help with my jacket. Hey... Isn't that what men should be doing anyway?!? I am able to fasten my own seat belt again.

I haven't experienced morning boob yet. I actually think I have the opposite. I feel tight and achy more at night, but the best in the morning. I think it's my muscle relaxer (Flexeril) that I've been taking at bedtime. Only four left... Oh no!

If I take my time getting there, I have full range of motion. It's when a movement is quick or jarring that I find it uncomfortable. The tingling in my hand/lower arm is gone. I haven't noticed it for a couple of days. I've not tried driving yet and as far as that's concerned, I feel no rush. I don't mind hibernating on these dreary October days.

Here's a few pics: my incision sites, the grey dress (see also before shot), and in normal clothing.
I'm excited to see how those look, too. I want the upper pole swelling to go down a bit first. Maybe I can try one morning when my swelling is lower. Thanks!! :-)
Thanks:) I am very interested to find a PS who's got what I want and need so I can be at ease with my decision.

Tank top.

And since I got myself into a tank today, here's another shot.

Smooth Move

Sorry for all the separate posts, but thought I should note what Smooth Move is. It's an organic herbal tea made by Traditional Medicinals. It's a senna stimulant laxative, caffeine free. It's supposed to work in 6-12 hours. My grocery store carries it.
Smooth move tea helped me so much too!you're looking great!
Wowza you are rocking that tank top! Love it!
Thanks! I kind of like it, too. ;-)

One week pics and boob rush.

It's been a week! I feel like my swelling is a lot better today, but my boobs are very full in the upper pole. I have so much settling to do!

So, you know when you stand up and get a head rush sometimes? Well, I feel that same feeling in my boobs! When I get out of bed in the morning or when I stand up from crouching, it feels like all the blood rushes to my boobs! It's so weird.

Physically, I'm getting around to about 90% of what I normally do. I haven't vacuumed (which is driving me craaaaaazzzzy) and while making dinner last night I realized some new limits like opening jars and lifting a pot to drain noodles. My husband came home from work just in time to help. I also can't comfortably cut my pineapple into bites. I should have done that pre-op.

Mentally I have ups and downs. I feel the best when I'm going about the day to day and I'm the worst at night when I can't get comfortable or when I'm not able to do something and I just wish I was back to normal already.

I have my one week check up tomorrow and will update again then. For now, here are some one week pics!
You are already looking so good. I hope your boobies d&f soon. Have you shown your hubby the surprise suit? It looks so beautiful! And youve got the figure to go with it. My boobs are also riding so high and it's pretty frustrsting not being able to see the end result yet. Thank you for your updates and new pics. Happy healing
I hope so, too! I have not shown hubby the suit. I want the girls to drop down and I want to be feeling well enough to get frisky should it lead to that. ;-) I'm not quite there, yet. I can't wait to see the end result!! Happy healing to you, too!
Love Love Love that "surprise swimsuit." Can't tell what color it is, but it is darling!!

The Suit

A few of you have asked where to get the one piece suit that I'm surprising my husband with, so I'll put the details here in one place. It's from Sheridyn Swim of Australia. It's called the Belladonna and is on sale for $19.90 right now! Just add shipping. (Do I sound like an infomercial yet??) I have it in Titanium, which looks a lot like gold on the site. The sizing is Australian, so check a conversion chart online. I've put links below. I found that it was best to use a chart with actual measurements because so many US clothiers use vanity sizing. For example, I'm pushing 5'4" and weight 117. I typically buy a size 2 or 4 depending on the brand, BUT if you take my measurements, I'm officially a size 6 on the US charts, which is a size 10 AU. Take a look at your current swimsuits and see what size they are. Most of my swimsuits actually are a size 6. I bought the Belladonna suit in a 10. Now that I have my boobs, I almost wish I'd bought a 12 because the straps that go over your chest and tie in back are too short, in my opinion. It still works, but I'd like a bit more material to work with. It feels tight. I also bought the Kara bikini (the aqua blue one with the ruffles). The cool thing with this brand is you can buy tops and bottoms in different sizes. I have a 10 top, which will be great once I D&F and I bought a 12 bottom for my junk in the trunk. They fit perfect. There it is! Happy Shopping! :-)

Size chart: http://www.asos.com/au/infopages/SizeGuide/pgesizechart.aspx
Looking good girl! Loveee both the suit that you are surprising your husband with and the aqua bikini! :)
Thanks, Pinup! Healthy recovering, girl!
I have same size and just when I was getting used to the swollen look ledlft dropped and what a difference between the two sides...now right has caught up and dropped this week. Mine are alot smaller now...so keep in mind yours will change each week and in a month you will see huge difference and if like me, kinda miss the slightly bigger size. I can still fit in my A cups and wanted to be a full B....but still have more settling to go...

One week follow up appt

I'm on day 8 and feeling pretty great! Anything I've wanted to do, I've been able to - hanging laundry, putting away our home milk delivery, opening car doors, all which I wouldn't have felt comfortable doing a few days ago. My swelling is down and discomfort rare - just weird twinges here and there. There are definitely things I won't do yet, like pick up my kids or heavy duty cleaning.

I had my one week follow up today and thought I'd share my list of questions/answers:
What to you think of the shape? He said he thought the swelling was about gone, but the shape will continue to change and gave me a compression exercise to do twice a day. I'm to use both hands and apply pressure to the top of the breast (making the bottom bubble out - weird feeling!!) and hold for 5 seconds 20 x each side morning and night. No massage, just this exercise to encourage the implant to drop.

What about scar care? I'm to remove the steri-strips in about a week if they don't fall off on their own and then use silicone sheets like Curad brand for three months. No scar creams or anything else. Just remove the silicone sheets when I shower and put them back on.

How long for the zip up sports bra and then what can I wear? I wear this one for about three weeks total and then I can wear any bra I want, but try to stay away from underwire that pushes up for a while.

If I have discomfort, should I back off or try to power through? Take it easy for three weeks, then anything goes, including any and all types of exercise.

Should I stay away from pectoral exercises? No, just wait three weeks.

Am I okay to sleep on my side? Yes, do whatever is comfortable, even on your stomach is okay.

He finished by saying that they looked good - good symmetry and size. Said size won't go down from here, but shape will change. I'll continue to feel pains and twinges as the nerves regenerate, etc. All is good!
I like your question to your PS about the shape. I would not have thought to ask as I just assumed the PS would like his work no matter what. I'm going to ask that question at next appointment. Thanks for posting all the questions and answers.
You're welcome! Sassy new bras you've got. I love the pic to the hubby story. :-)
Great post-op!

Day 9 is where it's at!

My boobies are feelings amazing today! No pain, no swelling at all! They're softening! Ahhhhhhh...

That said, I've taken a leap and vacuumed!! Woohoo!!! It's the little things that make me happy and clean floors make me very happy! They were so gross after a week and 1/2 with two kids and a cat.

So these exercises (they're not really "exercises" as much as just mashing my tatas down) are so awkward feeling. My bottom boob poofs out and it just feels weird. Me no likey. My boobs get all achy afterward and I was making so much progress! I guess I have to do them... For those who massage, do you feel the same?

Evening Update

Since writing my last post, I didn't want you thinking my swelling was completely gone. This was the most normal day I'd had yet and the swelling stayed away until about 5:00 this evening. After dinner, once I sat down and relaxed a bit, the swelling went back down. Just sitting here now doing my boobie squishies and cheering on the Tigers!!

Little story: We had a friend over tonight for dinner and as he and I leaned to hug on the right side, I actually placed a hand on his left shoulder to brace myself and make sure he didn't smoosh the boobs! I hope he didn't think that was weird! Haha!
Okay, girl, I'm at day nine and I have to say my bloat is pretty much gone. I'll maybe get a by poochy after a meal, but nothing like it was. You're getting close! How are you feeling?

Photos day 9

Making progress!

About last night...

I'd forgetten to note that I stopped taking my muscle relaxers three nights ago. I forgot one night and realized it when I saw the bottle on my bathroom counter the next morning. I did really well that night so I thought I may as well quit them all together. Besides, They made me drowsy and cut my nighttime reading short. ;-)

I've also progressed to sleeping on my right side!! This is a major breakthrough! I'm able to fully face to the right and hitch my left leg over. What a difference it makes! One day I hope to be able lay chest down again, too. I can't face to the left yet. I get weird and uncomfortable twinges on the left side. I also have had a very sharp pain just about once every night on my left boob when I unconsciously try to stretch my left arm. It feels like my boob is splitting in two. It's awful. It doesn't do it during the day, just when I'm sleeping.

Hope you all got your beauty sleep last night!
Great pics. Love the new suit:). I'm three days out and have a similar shape. (286cc) Here's to more dropping and little "fluffing". Glad to hear your pain and swelling are so improved.
Thanks, Athena! Cheers to our impending dropping and fluffing! I can't wait. I had a little more pain today... I guess we'll have good days and bad. But overall feeling much better in the chest each day! It's so nice to hear each other's support here.
You look wonderful! Thanks for the good health tips especially the one on the cabbage soup. I think anesthesia is hard on the body...I am still so spacey even though I have been off the drugs for a week. I think I still am full of toxins.

Detox or something else?

I said in a comment below just now that it feels as though I take three steps forward and two steps back sometimes. Today is a one of those days.

On my high from feeling great yesterday, we planned our first family outing since surgery (other than a dr appt) for today - a local fall festival. I showered, got ready (oh, to break out the fall boots!) and we set off. Unfortunately, we've had a lot of rain and we didn't know until getting there that they'd cancelled the festival. So, we went grocery shopping since we were already out. Man, did I swell up! Ugh. So uncomfortable. It really took me by surprise. I'm taking it easy now, snuggling with my daughter as she naps. It's getting better, but it was a big half-halt (sorry, horse riding term) that just because I feel okay, I still have limits. I am only 10 days out.

Anyway, about the detox title: I was on such a high from side sleeping last night that I forgot to tell you about this- I wonder if I went through the physical release of the anesthesia toxins last night or if it was something else. Here's what happened - all of a sudden, I have a massive headache, I'm nauseated, I feel dizzy. It was so out of the blue. It lasted a few hours and then it was over just as quickly as it came on. I felt a lot like I do the first couple of days into a detox cleanse. It wasn't a reaction to any drugs, because I've been off everything for 3 days. I'm drinking lots of lemon water today to try to flush my system, but it had me thinking about whether I was actually detoxing (10 days later??) or if it was something else. Hmmmm.... Anyone else have that happen?

Sizer vs. Actual

Here is a side to side photo of the 250 sizers (left pic) next to my actual results with 275cc to show the loss under muscle. I think the shape of the sizer caused an appearance of more projection, but they're pretty darn close!
Ooh thx for posting a side by side pic of sizer vs actual. Very helpful to those still on this side. :)
Great! I'm going to post more before and afters if these girls ever start dropping. I still have mountains on the top!
You look amazing! I really like reading your updates. They are very helpful!

Day 11

Youre looking so beautiful. Myne are also still very high and round on top. You have such a great figure. I think you look just perfect
Thank you, Beautiful. I'm pretty round up top, too. You can't tell so much in the frontal pics. I actually don't think it's gone down much since my day two pic at all. Will take another pic tonight to compare.

Impatience...

I had a post three paragraphs deep written just now and my daughter walked up and hit the back button on my mouse. Argh...

Here I am at day 12. I feel good. I don't think I really have morning boob at all. I mean, I'm not exactly sure what that is, but they don't hurt or feel any different in the morning than any other time of the day. They actually feel better because I've tended to start swelling as the day goes on. Every since day 9 when I said the swelling was better, I haven't woken up with it, but it does come as I'm active through the day. And I do stay busy... I'm trying to keep my house in order, make the meals, art projects with the kids, etc. It's frustrating at times that I'm not 100%, but I'm not really holding back that much. I'm just not doing anything that's beyond my "take it easy the first three weeks" limitation, like carrying the cat litter or the vacuum upstairs, things like that. I know I get worn out by 8pm or so and am ready to chill, so I just don't fit as much into a day as I'm used to.

Yesterday, I had a pins and needles feeling for a few hours. Just the nerve synapses, I imagine. Later in day, it felt like the surface of my breasts were raw. I don't think I overdid it in terms of physical activity, but yesterday I got pretty crabby because my back was sore, my boobs felt hard and raw, and my bra was pulling on my shoulders so bad. I can't wait to go braless!

I feel like my breasts are far apart and in my armpits. I have a pretty wide gap between them and a lot of side boob. I hope this changes when they drop and soften. I'd love to close the gap just a bit and not feel like I'm pushing my boob every time I move my arm - or maybe this is just what it's like for women with bigger breasts! Their arms touch them! :-) I also don't think the shape has changed much since they were done. I mean, when they're not swollen they look different, but I still have so much roundness at the top. I don't feel they're dropping at all, yet.

Some things I really look forward to are getting back into a workout routine and getting back to normal in the bedroom. This almost two weeks off has made me feel like a blob and it's drained my energy, too. My husband and I have been very active at our gym this past year and it's hard to see him getting ready and going to class, especially to the class we go to together, which was yesterday, and it makes me sad because I may not actually be able to do that class at all anymore. It's a TRX class, which does burpies, chest presses and flies, push ups, etc. My PS said I'd have no exercise restrictions, including pec work, but I know from other reviewers that it just felt awkward and uncomfortable with the implant under the muscle. We'll see. I have a TRX strap at home so I can practice some exercises before signing up for class again. I'm also curious to know how yoga will go for me, as I've read mixed reviews from BA girls. Some get right back into it without a problem and others didn't feel they could do some of the poses. I've been a yogi for 15 years, so that's one thing I won't give up. One class I don't think I'll have any trouble with is BodyCombat. It's a mixed martial arts cardio class and is so much fun!! It's a great release with all the kicks and punches, good music, just a good rush. Those were the three things I did each week and I miss them!! I think I'll take a bike ride with my girl today and get some sunshine and fresh air to feel better.

So, in the bedroom... when did you BA alumni get back in the groove again? My husband is afraid to break me. Actually calls me his "lame duck". It was funny for a while, but I'm so eager to cuddle and play. We did get frisky once, but I was uncomfortable and it wasn't great. We are usually GREAT together. I want that back! Pardon my saying this, but I'm ready to be groped again! ;-)

So, I guess today's post is all about impatience... I want them to drop and soften. I want to be supermom. I want to workout. I want to go to Funkytown. I'm like a little kid saying "Are we there yet?????"

Thank you for your wonderful update. Have you gone potty yet? This would be priority and then we'll deal with the rest.  And in response to "Are we there yet?"  You're almost there...just a few more miles. ;) You look great. Continue to take it easy when you can!

Thanks, Beth! I'm a-ok in the bathroom. Got that all straightened out last week. thank goodness! You're right, I'm almost there! :-)
Great post!!! Patience is all part of the process and healing. I think we all experience a lot of what you are going through!! Thanks for sharing all the up and downs, feelings good and bad. I'm sure your review will really help others to know what to expect both physically and emotionally. Hang in there! You are one hot mama!!!

All engines go!

We revved back up under the covers and I didn't have any boobie pain! Woohoo! Momma's back in action!

And I drove for the first time since surgery today! There's no reason why I waited so long. I just didn't feel the need to go anywhere and over the weekend, my husband drove. It was almost perfectly normal, only felt a little tugging near my pits on the sharper turns. I volunteered at my son's school. Spent two hours copying, cutting, and stapling projects for the teacher. I didn't have any swelling afterward and I feel great still! My biggest complaint today would just be my sports bra weighing heavy on my shoulders. I took it off to wash it and the bandini is super comfy for the meantime.

I'm religiously doing my squishy massages and sure hope to see some progress there soon. I wonder if I should ask about a strap. I seem to be the only one who's PS doesn't use them... And speaking of PS, most of you seem to have 6 week check ups. After my one week appt, he said I don't go back for 3 months! It really does baffle me how different each of our post op instructions are.

Sweet dreams, Boobieland!
Thanks, Athenamum! I got new bruising around day 3-4. I think it was from my sports bra digging into my sides after I swelled up. It was worse than any surgery bruising! I hope you can take it easy at work. I know that's easier said than done... Was today a better day?

More before and after and a VS Biofit test

Post op bra

I never did post a pic of my post op bra. I've been wearing this max support zip front sports bra by Champion since day one. I bought a 34 C and my PS said it's perfect. I wear this for one more week. Despite how it feels at the end of the day lately when my shoulders are sore, I love this bra. It's a love/hate relationship! If I have it off for a while, it feels so good to put back on and have the right support for the new girls.
I think you look great. Are you still feeling like you went too big? We are close in surgery dates, and I have felt a significant difference in the last 3 days with mine dropping and softening. I don't get the swelling at night anymore and I don't feel like I am carrying foreign objects on my chest anymore. I wasn't sure that was ever going to happen. I was told to ditch the surgical bra and was OK'd to wear whatever bra I want now, maybe check with your PS regarding yours?
Thanks, Momma! I just emailed my PS's secretary with a list of questions. I'm pretty sure my PS wanted me in the sports bra for three weeks. That was his magic number for everything. I still feel my boobs are a little foreign. Mostly when I shower (sideboob) and when I sleep. I'm honestly not over the shock I get when I see them naked. I do feel I went too big... I'm going to love them and I'm not unhappy about them, but I really wish I had gone with my strong gut feeling of staying smaller. I think that's why I'm so eager to D&F... I want to see if I'll love that shape better.
As an outsider, I really think the size you chose fits your body well. I know what you mean about side boob and mine has decreased so much in the last few days. I can actually lay on my side now! I am still in shock at seeing myself naked as well, I guess that will go away eventually, haha I know all the PS's have different rules, so just go with whatever they tell you to do, for the best results.

Post Op Instructions, OCD, and opinions that matter.

I had a few more follow up questions for my PS yesterday. Here they are with answers. Thanks, Grace54, for getting the conversation started!

1. Do I wear my sports bra at night? I had originally thought he said to, so I was and that was correct. Yes, wear it 24/7 except when showering.

2. How long do I wear the bra for? Three weeks. (Just confirming that one as that's what I thought he said at post op appt.)

3. For how long do I do my squishies (compression exercises)? 6-8 weeks.

4. Do you ever suggest a compression band? It's not something he usually prescribes, except in necessary cases.

I overdid it yesterday... I'd been feeling so good and the leaves in the pool were driving me crazy, so I cleaned them out. Not the wisest decision. I was pretty sore later. We're having a new cover made for the pool and in the meantime, my OCD was getting the better of me. Ahh, well. Lesson learned. Feeling great this morning again.

I'm having one of the two friends I've told about my BA over this weekend. I'm kind of nervous to show her! She's been 100% supportive, but I don't know... Her opinion matters to me and I'm feeling a little self conscious. She's not one to sugar coat anything, so she'll tell me exactly what she thinks.

I was asked in a conversation below and in a PM how I'm feeling about them lately, so I'll update here, too. I do still feel they're a little foreign, particularly when I shower (they're just so THERE!) and when I'm trying to sleep. I'm able to comfortably sleep on both sides now, it's the adjustment of getting them positioned right, when before it didn't matter. There wasn't anything there to adjust! When I pass a mirror, I think they look completely normal on me and sometimes I have to hold them to confirm it's not that old padded bra I'm seeing. :-)

Do I like them? Yes. Do I love them? Not yet, but I will. I think I'll love them when I (hopefully) get that nice full lower pole and natural slope that I desired from my wish pics. Do I still wish I'd gone smaller? Yes, but it's okay. I'm not upset or unhappy about it. It's just that I'd feel more comfortable and more "myself" with a little less. That said, we're all our own worst critic and I need to shut her off. She's a pain in the ass sometimes. :-). I've heard nothing but how great they fit my body and ya know what? I believe you guys. And I believe my husband, who LOVES them. And I believe my best girls who won't lie to me. It's all good! ;-)

Unconditional.

I just texted my friend and told her I was nervous for her to see the girls tomorrow. I get this back: "Non judgement, it's doesn't exist in many places but I always hope that you know that for us that's what our friendship is."

Feeling loved.
Be patient with the shape. My first time around it took a couple of months to get a nice slope and full lower pole! With my revision, things are moving along faster but still not there yet. I think it is good that you feel they are a little big now, because I found that once everything settled, they seem a little smaller. They don't defy gravity so much and the fullness is below the nipple. I think the love is still coming...
I think you're exactly right! The shape will come, the love will come... Thanks for your encouragement and shared experience!
Aww. What an awesome friend. I hope you have a great time together this weekend. And thanks for always telling it like it is in a refreshing way. :)

Ya know what I love about nap time?

Momma gets to try on old clothes. Dang, it feels good to put these old frocks on again... With boobs!
Wow you look so amazing! Just went through all your pics again, thank you so much for all the before and afters it's sooo helpful!
Thanks, Littleleigh! So glad they helped!
You look fabulous in your old frocks! I like texting my hubby pictures of my girls when hes at work. He said he needs to get used to my new size....just helping him out a bit ;)

Scars Unveiled

My PS said to remove the steri-strips a week after my post op visit, which would've been Friday. I was chicken so I didn't do it until after my shower this morning. The incisions look pretty good! I'm to use silicone scar strips for three months. I bought Scar Away brand at Rite Aid for around $20. I keep the strips on 24/7 with the exception of showering. I'm not supposed to any creams or anything else. Here's my first view of the incisions!
Your results are wonderful! Thank you for finding me on another boob-er's comment section. You're right about where I want to be in size. You're review was very helpful too. I've been afraid to say anything to my boyfriend about the fact that I'm getting seriously worried and nervous about the surgery. He's nervous enough as it is. It shows on my skin though. I'm having a horrible breakout! I'll be checking in at the outpatient center in 36 hours! I've never been under anesthesia and I have never had an IV, but every time I have had blood taken I think I'm going to faint. I think I'm more worried about the surgery than the post-op. By the way, love all the lingerie. I can't wait to get to wear lingerie!
36 hours! So close! I have to say, the IV was the worst part for me. I'm a total wuss about blood draws and that IV was just... ugh. NOW, that said, if that's as bad as it gets, then I'll take it! Because in the scheme of things, it could be a lot worse! You're going to do great! The nerves will ramp up tomorrow... I'm not gonna lie. And if you're like me, you won't sleep at all the night before. I wish I'd gotten a Valium, but I didn't think to ask. I hope I'm not freaking you out by saying that. I just want to you hear that I was terrified, I did it, I lived, and it wasn't awful. I forget who's page I found you on, but I don't think I've read your full review, so I'm going to head over there now. :-) It's so awesome trying lingerie on! It was one of my goals to feel sexy again and Mission Accomplished! You're going to love it! I hope you have a good anesthesiologist. That makes all the difference, in my opinion. I had absolutely no nausea post-op and she prided herself on that. Good luck, Bettyjeanrubble!! :-)
I love the VS corsette! Such a pretty color and looks so,great with your new girls :).

Fall cleanse and Thoughts on Not Jumping Right In

In two days I'll be "all clear" for any and all activity at 3 weeks post-op. Woohoo! What a great feeling that will be! I'm thinking now about my strategy for easing into fitness again. I think I'll start with some gentle yoga, biking, and try some of the non-arm or chest related exercises on the TRX strap. As much as I'd love to jump right in and go back to my classes at the gym, they're intense and I don't think that's a good idea at all. I'm going to work my way in easily and steadily. I'd like to sign up for TRX again after the holidays as well as a swim class with my daughter and I'm hoping to get back into BodyCombat at 6 weeks. Maybe sooner. ;-)

I've definitely fallen off the wagon this week in terms of my normal healthy eating. I usually do once the weather turns colder... I know this about myself. I lean right into heavy comfort foods. I like to do a cleanse with the change of the seasons and I didn't as fall approached this year, mostly because I just got too busy and juicing takes a lot of time (for me anyway, while caring for two young kids). So, it's time to get mentally and physically in shape again! I'll be gathering my recipes for juices and healthier comfort foods like pumpkin and squash-based soups, kale dishes, etc.

Gotta gear up for a smokin' Halloween costume! Anyone else excited to show off the girls a little bit this Halloween??
I wish we celebrated Halloween. It always looks like such fun! My PS said no exercise for 4 weeks! ive read a few reviews where some girls started training after 1week. Being a trainer 4 weeks is absolute torture! Let me know how it went with your first day back at exercise. Xx
A dietary cleanse sounds so good right about now. Clear out any leftover surgery toxins, give the liver some extra support after all of the pain medication. Does take so..much..prep work though, juicing. I already feel bad for not being able to spend as much time with my young daughter. I bet when celebs have plastic surgery they just hire someone to prepare healing, recovery food. Ah, well. I do like your idea of making healthy soup! Even in Hawaii, I like soup on rainy days :) A smoking' Halloween costume!?! Just another fun thing we can now participate in, as ladies with beautiful boobs!
Oh, to have a personal chef!! Juicing really is labor intensive... And since posting this I've realized I have two Halloween parties coming up, so I'd better wait until those are over with before starting! I'll make it my November goal. :-)

Day 12 pics. The beginning of d&f!

Hey girls! Here are some pics from last night. I'm religiously doing my squishy massages and I'm seeing a tad bit of progress, I think! The left is starting to drop more than the right. I'm right handed, so ya know... Makes sense. You can see in the side view that I still have more upper pole fullness in the right boob. I definitely don't feel they're in my throat anymore and I'm feeling like they're more "mine" everyday. In fact, the foreigness I would feel while showering or sleeping is nearly gone. As far as sensations, I had a deep throbbing in the bottom right side of my right one yesterday, which I felt more strongly while pressing the implants down. It's gone today. I've never lost nipple sensation; in fact they've been kind of off the charts with extra sensitivity. I have numbness through the bottom half of both boobs. No more soreness, but I do swell occasionally after a lot of activity and my pec muscles just LOVE to give my implants big bear hugs! I feels like the muscle is seizing right around my whole boob. A booby Charlie horse, only it doesn't hurt, so I liken it more to a bear hug. :-) I don't feel them bouncing or jiggling yet. I can't squish them together at all. Still pretty darn hard. I don't see them d&f'ing nearly as fast as some others on here, but I do have strong chest muscles and I'm doing exactly as my PS recommends. Changes are slowly coming and I'm happy with that. :-)
You are looking fantastic! So glad everything is going well for you. I love that surprise bathing suit!
It looks like a lot of the swelling has gone down and they are settling nicely. Your surgeon did a great job. They're really starting to settle into a natural position. I hope for good results like yours. I haven't lost nipple sensation either. I can feel them erect most of the time. It's kind of fun feeling breasts on my chest now. I can't wait to look at them when I shower.
Definitely looking lower and more natural. You have the cutest boobs ever! I probably would have gone with 275cc if I were your height. At 5'9" the PS thought 371cc would look more proportional. Thanks for sharing your story :)

Three Weeks Out

Hi lovely ladies of boobieland!

Today is three weeks exactly since my surgery and was the day I was told I could resume doing anything I wanted to do: exercise, ditch the zip up sports bra, etc.

So, what did I do you ask? Did I go out and buy new bras? Nope. Did I try doing yoga or going for a run? Nope. I spent the day on a field trip with my son at the apple orchard/pumpkin patch FREEZING my girls off!!! Cold weather on new boobs is NOT nice! They were tight and shivering and my muscles were spasming. It seriously took me hours to warm up again. I couldn't even bear soccer practice tonight, so my husband went solo with my son. Ugh... winter is coming. (Get it GoT, fans? Har har.)

Here are my thoughts on my new-found freedom:
1. I'm a little bit nervous to give up the sports bra. It's snug. It's supportive. It's become my security blanket. I might tried to wear a bandini tomorrow during the day, but I'll still be sleeping in this one for a few more nights at least. I appreciate the support it gives me at night, particularly since I'm sleeping on my sides again so well.

2. I've said it a few places, but I'm not ready to jump into exercise yet. I will start with some light stretching at night after the kids are in bed and see how that goes. As much as I miss my workouts, I'm totally okay with taking my time and doing this right. The thought of messing anything up terrifies me and I've always erred on the side of caution anyway.

3. I'm excited to take a fully submerged bath! Woohoo!! My salts and essential oils are calling me tonight. Warm. Me. Up.

Rest well, lovelies!
They look amazing! The perfect size for your frame, good luck with the drop and fluff!!
I have experienced cold boobies also. I also noticed they are hotter with exercise..little built in heaters. By the way your boobies are bootiful (in the spirit of Halloween)..lol
Heehee.. Cute, Grace! Interesting about the little heaters. I don't mind a little sweat at the gym!

Humbled while stretching

I've just tried to do a few arm stretches and it was really humbling. first I lay on the floor with my arms stretched out to each side in a T. It was tight, but not painful. Then I tried to slide my arms along the floor over my head while laying down still and I seriously only got to about 10 and 2 on the dial before the tightness over the top of my breasts felt like too much. It felt like my pecs just wouldn't release to allow my arms to move up farther. I didn't push it and moved into child's pose with arms outstretched. That I could do okay. It felt really good. Then I leaned up to kneeling and did prayer hands behind my back. That felt great, too. So, sitting this time, I did several arm raises over my head and I can do it, I just can't keep my arms in line with my body, if that makes sense. They come forward as it gets tight over the breast. Lastly, I tried to hold my arms out In front of me while laying on the floor (think Frankenstein arms) and raise them in front of my body and it became very tight under the breasts. I was only able to raise my arms about 2/3 of the way up over my head. It was really surprising how limited the range of motion is. For the veterans, when do you really regain full range of motion?
They look perfect on your body! I love how you fill out the bathing suits! They look full, yet very natural! Love, love, love! :)
Thank you, Michelle! The encouragement here is so awesome! :-)
Great question, I would love to know the answer too! One of my jobs is selling at a weekly craft market. This involves setting up an ez-up canopy tent. Definitely gotta raise the arms all the way up for that task! Winter is coming...totally picking up what your putting down..GOT :)

I showed him the saucy swimsuit!

And his jaw dropped. It's a winner!

It really eccenuates how much farther my lefty has progressed than my right. The right side looks so much more unnatural and is bigger. Gotta keep pushing her down!
I love that your hubby liked the swim suit! You look so hot in it! I have full range of motion in my left, my right can also do all the movements but I it does pull on that side. I have one more week and I can start training, but I think ill just take it easy on the upper body stuff for now...
Hey LovingLife :) So my consult yesterday went great. The surgeon is very down to Earth, and put my mind at ease about a lot of the "scary" stuff I've read some places online lol. For example, down & fluff freaks me out, because I thought it meant that the implant itself is actually moving and getting softer in your body... and I didn't understand why it would have access up to my collarbone! haha. He said that the implant does not move, it just looks high because your pecs are so inflamed after surgery, and that leads to the tightness through the lower pole as well. That "the implant never changes, just the muscles." That made me feel better, for some reason that helps with the idea of putting something foreign in there... knowing that it will atleast fit snug. He told me silicone, under the muscle for sure, and will only do infra-mammary incisions. I'm okay with all of that. Now I'm excited and ready to book! lol. But so indecisive on size. I liked the way that 275 made me look in a sports bra, so I may have him try the 300, 325 to compensate for muscle? I'm going for athletic and lean still, but I'm 6'1" so he said that increases things. Either way, I'm glad I found this site and all of your updates because it helped me know exactly what questions to ask. Thanks again! I foresee myself starting my own story on here quite soon :) Side note - the consult made my boyfriend 100% more relaxed about this which is nice. He actually asked a handful of his own questions.. plus I think he had fun playing with the implants haha.
That is all so wonderful!! It's really great that you went prepared with questions and that your boyfriend feels better about it all now, too. I'm so excited for you!!! I think 300 or 325 would be great on your frame! Woohoo!!! :-)

Lopsided

I know it's all part of the process, so I'm not worried at all (yet), but I wanted to show how uneven my boobs are this morning. Lefty is nice. Starting to round out a bit on the bottom and not too full on the top anymore. Righty is a different story. She's not afraid of heights. And the bottom looks a little funky. I'm going to give her some extra attention for a while.
How do they look when you stand not holding the camera out, and with your shoulders back in a stance of good posture? Just curious because I can see where the right is higher in the photo, but maybe it is a little exaggerated by the photo. Anyway, maybe righty is the tortoise and lefty is the hare. They'll both end up at the finish line eventually! Take care
Righty's a tortoise! :-) I'll take a pic without arms soon. I need a good soak anyway, so it'll give me a reason to remove my scar away strips and show you my mondors cord, too. Yep... I've got one. Thinking it's why I felt so much resistance while stretching. I just noticed it Saturday night. Going to call ps tomorrow about it. They're closed on Mondays.
COngrats on the girls!! LOVE the VS pics. So happy that your happy and you have your hubbys jaw dropping =) Im only a week out but Ive noticed I wake up with square-ish boobs, my R side is still a bit bigger but overall happy. xo

Mondors cord, Unevenness, and other Weird Boobie News

I think I have a Mondors cord on my left side. Booooo. This may be why I felt the tightness while trying to raise my arms overhead a few days ago. I noticed it Saturday night. It's not painful, but I notice some discomfort if I overextend my arm. I read it can solve on its own anywhere from two weeks to four months. Mondors cords are inflamed veins that result after surgery, which can cause discomfort. My PS's office is closed today, so I'll give them a call tomorrow about it. I just want to ask them if there's anything I should or shouldn't be doing while I have it.

Righty is still riding high, but I've been working on her. I've posted another pic here (great suggestion HawaiiGirl!) without holding the camera, so you can see the unevenness straight on. I'm still not worried about it, but I hope she makes some progress soon!

In other news about boobie weirdness, my chest has been breaking out in tiny little white bumps since my surgery and I have no idea why. It's been over three weeks, for crying out loud! I've exfoliated and give it extra care in the shower, but they persist. And my nipples are peeling. Hmph.
I've got the white bumps too!! WTH?? They aren't there all the time and just when I think they're gone for good, BAM, they're all over the place again! Very frustrating. I thought I was the only one so I haven't said anything or asked my PS about it. I'd be curious to see if this is a common occurrence. I do have sensitive skin, but it's been almost 5 months so it's time for the bumps to go.
I know... Maddening, right?? I keep thinking mine are getting better, too, and then I get a whole new wave of them. I wonder if it is common...
I have little clogged pores all over my chest now too. :( Are you still wearing a sports bra at night? Maybe you're sensitive to the fabric. Sometimes surgical procedures can mess up your hormonal balance too. I look forward to your update after talking to your surgeon. Good luck!

32 D or DD??

We were out to eat tonight and I figured I'd go get sized since we were at Nordstorms. The woman who sized me could tell right away I'd been augmented and she was very sweet. Asked if I loved my new boobies! Anyway, she measured me at a 32 D or DD!!! There's no way... My PS said I'd be a small to medium C with my 275s. I demand a second opinion.
I demand a second post on the topic after your second opinion :) Your scars are looking good, especially for just starting the Scar Away eight days ago. PS took my steri strips off today and I was like yuck! And then immediately put on the Scar Away sheets. Much prettier. Thanks for the Mondors Cord picture. I'm learning so much on this site. Keep up the healing!
You look great! Nurse at PS office told me not to buy any bras until 3-6 months that I would only waste my money. Lol. It's hard to believe that they will be that different but I guess it takes awhile for them to get in their place :)
Ouch..I am glad it isn't uncomfortable with normal movement. It's great you found the reason for your range of motion problem..at least now you know the reason. Looking good! I am sure Righty will drop soon.

Mondors Cord Feedback

Good morning, girls! Thanks for your encouragement as I griped about my boob conditions yesterday. I've already heard back from my PS via email about the Mondors Cord and he said they're totally benign. It will resolve in time and I can take ibuprofen if there's pain. Easy enough!
"Workingout" is right. Lovinglife2 is a big asset to this website...and it does not matter what she is up against she is still so positive. Thanks Lovinglife2 for all the good information you provide to others!!
Xoxo, Grace54. I appreciate your love! We're all in this together.
You have done such a great job with your updates....wish I could do the same...instead I have been following and comparing. My surgery was Oct. 21st and feel too big still. I wanted 280 CC, PS thought 300 or 325....I told him I would give him the final decision. He went with 325 CC. I have followed your post day by day and can see that we look so similiar and your right is too high...my left is too high...I don't think I would of made it without this site...thank you for your updates....I'm now day 10...ugh...can't wait for swelling to subside...mostly in leftie!!! Exercises...leave me all achy also. Please keep up the great reviews...you give me hope in my recovery :-)

Four Weeks!

Happy Halloween to those who celebrate! The pumpkins are carved, costumes ready, seeds roasted.. ahhh! I love this time of year!! It's my Christmas.

So, how does four weeks feel? I'm getting softer every day, which is such a great feeling! I mean... WOW! They're starting to move!! I can manipulate them a bit, but I can't make cleavage yet. My mondors cord is getting better. I've not yet done any exercise at all to give it the time it needs to heal. I'm feeling a little soft around the middle and a loss of muscle tone, but my eyes are on the prize - long term boobie and body health! I have all winter to hit the gym.

My right side is still high, but I see teeny tiny improvements each day. I want to share an important note - on my right side, you may see that the shape is a bit strange at the bottom toward the breast bone. I'm not surprised by this. While I think it will improve with settling, my right breast has always had a funky shape to the tissue. I'm posting a before photo here so you can hopefully see what I'm talking about. On the right breast, you can see a faint line toward the bottom. That is the natural shape of my breast tissue. It's always been that way, but was more visible after nursing. Right now, I think my implant is making it more obvious, thus the strange shape in my head-on shots on the right side (well... left side on the pics). Implants give us massive improvements, but I think this shows that there are things about our breasts that will always be no matter what. Unless the natural tissue were to be removed, your masterpiece is already started before the surgeon adds his/her magic. Like I said, I hope to see more improvement in the bottom right side with settling, but I know this slight misshapeness (is that a word?) will remain in some way and I'm okay with that.

So what else... I have a pain once in a while on my inner left side. It feels exactly like a clogged milk duct. Just noting it. No big deal. Other than that, I feel great! I'm 100% back into my daily routine with no limitations. Some days are better than others as far the the implants creeping back up into my chest. Today they crept up early, yesterday not at all. I don't think I'm more active today (I was at the park for two hours with my youngest yesterday!), so I'm not sure why one day is different than another. It just is!

I'm sleeping great these days. I'm almost always on my side, but twice now I've woken up *nearly* on my front and it was okay! I've slept the past two nights in my bandini bra, not the sports bra, and it feels good. I'm not ready to sleep without any bra at all yet, but these bandinis are so comfy.

I'm no longer afraid of the kids bumping me and I get lots of spontaneous snuggles now that "mommy isn't sore anymore". Yay!

I replied to a private message about my thoughts on my size yesterday and I'd like to share it here, too. Many of you know I wish I'd gone 250, instead of 275. I still feel that way, but really, I'm not bothered by it and I LOVE my girls. I'm still hoping I'll get closer to my wish pics, but I'm practicing patience. I still think they look fabulous under clothing, but are just a bit too much in the buff or in a bathing suit. I have a long time until summer, so I'm okay with giving them this time to chill out and as Oprah says "become their best selves!" Haha!

I feel like there's more I was going to say, but I'm rushing to type as I leave for my son's Halloween parade at school soon and still have to get ready!

Have a great day, Ladies!
Thank You Loving life2, your post are so helpful I too am going back and forth with my decision, My surg date is dec 9th, pre op nov 22, The last time I saw the surgeon was 2010, so I have wanted these for a while but always talked myself out of it I'm now 56 and sometimes say why bother? But I'm worth feeling good about myself, In some weird way I think it will help my self esteem. But reading about your fears and then good days makes me feel normal. :)
You are SO WORTH feeling good about yourself!!  And it won't be a weird way that it will help self esteem, it will be a wonderful way!  Even with my feelings of being a tad bit too big (for my liking anyway), I feel fantastic!  I had so many fears... I was afraid they'd kick me off this site for being such a downer at first!  There are so many emotions to doing this and they're all totally normal.  I scheduled my pre-op as a last ditch effort to figure out if I truly wanted this.  I did not go into my pre-op 100% settled that surgery was even happening.  And I still asked if I could get my money back if I changed my mind after paying in full.  It's a big deal.  Glad you're here! :-)
Thanks lovinglife2 I am not telling anyone , but one close friend who already has ba. So finding this sight has been so helpful. I'm single with 3 grown children and am putting off dating till I get this done, don't want any distractions, but mostly I'm so excited to do this and yours look amazing thanks for all the pics and kind words!

Snoopy profile begone!

Can't wait until my profile doesn't look like Snoopy!
I'm going to look for some user names, but can tell you it is really encouraging to see pictures of girls reviewing from 2 or 3 months post op. Looks like major differences aren't too far away! My PS said the 2-3 month mark is when we do after photos, so until then I am reserving judgment and just being happy that I feel good. They may not be perfect yet, but seriously your boobs look great! Keep us posted
Thank you! I'm being proactive... Didn't sleep in a bra last night and didn't wear one all day today. Changes are a comin'..
they look great! they are going to be perfect when they drop.

Getting Proactive!

Okay, girls, I'm getting serious about this drop and fluff business now. I'm not using my max support post-op sports bra any more. I've tucked her away until I hit the gym. Since Sunday night, I've been braless - so that was for two overnights and all day yesterday. I'm back to the bandini today because I just felt I needed some support today, running errands and such. Let me tell you, I was so scared to go braless at night, but it was just fine! And I'm sleeping on my stomach!! Woohoo!!!! I will try to go braless a few times a week to help these girls relax a little more.

I also did a little searching around this site for breast massages and although I will not do any massages other than the one my PS requested, I did find a video that illustrated five different massages and the last one (the fifth massage) is the one that I have been doing, but if you watch the video, you'll see that the compression from above the implant is accompanied by a lifting of the breast motion before the press. I like that and I haven't been doing that. I've just been squishing the implant down. I see clearly in the video that it helps to stretch out the under-boob, which is what I feel is my limiting factor right now. So, here is the link: http://www.realself.com/question/massage-breasts-breast-augmentation. I've been doing my massages like this since I found the video yesterday and I know it's making an improvement because the underside of my breasts are a tiny bit sore where the skin is getting a bit more stretched. I'm not pushing crazy, but I am getting more aggressive than I have been. I know that this process could take a while and my PS doesn't do his "after" photos until four months post-op, but I think I've been too easy on myself with my massages and it's okay to step it up a bit.

On a really cool note, I saw a glimpse of the future a few times yesterday. For a few random moments throughout the day (and not for very long), my breasts were 100% completely SOFT. It was so awesome!!! I went running to my husband saying "honey, feel this! It's soft!!" Oh my goodness, I was so happy. And then I got cold and they completely seized up again, but boy those were small moments of glory. Yay!!

Unevenness update

I hate to be a downer on the heels of my last post, which was so positive, but I just noticed this morning that my unevenness seems to have gotten worse... The right breast is so much higher than the left! Here's a pic from this morning. I've contacted my PS. What worries me is that they're both starting to settle well, but the right one is settling much higher on the chest than the left. Even when I do my massages and compress the right, it doesn't line up with the left side. Ugh.
You are still so early in the healing process. Hopefully, your right breast just hasn't dropped as fast as the left. I understand your concern but other then that you look amazing!! Beautiful boobies!
Thank you, Newme! I appreciate your encouragement! They are pretty cute. ;-).
I still have a "higher" boob as well. My right seems almost completely settled and my left has been a PITA from the beginning! Have you noticed if your higher breast spasms or seizes more than your left? Mine definitely does, so I know that delays the dropping process some..try not to worry about it yet. You are looking great!

Comfy and sexy.

Scored this super comfy sleep gown at Marshall's yesterday for $15. My new favorite!!
Cute!!
Thanks, babe.
Wow! Your left breast is really looking great! I think since you're doing the massages to move them this would be expected. I bet in a few days righty will follow. Keep us posted!

Visit scheduled for Friday.

Well, the doc wants to see me, which I appreciate because I feel a first-hand consult is better than a photo via email. I'm to stop doing compressions on my left side, as she has dropped nicely, but I'm to get more aggressive with the compressions on the right, which is what I have been doing the past few days. The office manager called me back and said I may be prescribed a band and depending on doc's review, I may be put on Singulair for (commence knot in stomach) capsular contracture. I know I shouldn't freak out yet, but I'm a total worry wart and hypochondriac, so yeah, I'm freaking out. After some research online, I found Singulair (the asthma medication) is used "off label" for its anecdotal use in treating CC. I'm not sure how I feel about that... It seems many docs here on RS (in the Q&A section) don't recommend it and mixed results have been noted. Anyway, it may not even be an issue. I REALLY hope it's not. I don't feel like my right side is harder when I squeeze them, but the left has been relaxing more. My right side seizes up more when I'm active or cold. There are the occasional moments of total softness on both sides... Anyway, I'll be back in touch on Friday with a follow up. Wish me luck.
Good luck, will be thinking of you.
Thank you! xoxo
Glad that you are going to see your PS.  Does not look like CC to me...the shape looks too nice...nearly a replica of the right.  I know it is hard not to worry..I have worried over way more frivolous things.

Feeling the love and grateful for you girls.

Just checked in tonight after putting the kids to bed and I'm so overwhelmed by your awesome support here. Thank you, RS girls. It's nice to be here for each other. My gut says this is just a slow-to-drop breast, but I'm glad for my PS's time to check it out and hopefully rule out CC. Saw this funny cartoon the other day and it totally reminded me of how I am when it comes to health matters, especially after my call with the PS office today. Sweet dreams, ladies!
best of luck tomorrow! keep us posted. ;)
Good luck tomorrow. Get some rest and try not to worry! They're too pretty to be. A problem
Thank you.  I will.

Band and Meds and Compression, oh my!

Doc said there's a bit of thickening on the right side's capsule. I'll be joining those if you with the torture devise known as the strap. I'll continue aggressive compressions. I've been prescribed Singular for three months. Being proactive all around. I'm to report back in a month if I don't see changes in the position of the right side, otherwise I just keep my regularly scheduled four month check up. Heading out to lunch with hubby now. More later...
Great news...no CC and sounds like you have it under control...hope you had a great lunch and enjoy your weekend.....will update my pictures soon...so busy with work and 5 year old....I'm sure you know the drill. So happy for you!!
Yay not CapC! What a relief:) so glad your doing good, now you mind can be at ease. Have a great lunch with hubby:)
Glad you've got a plan of action and that it's not contracture!!!!

More on Yesterday's PS Visit re: Unevenness/possible Capsular Contracture

So, it actually could be early capsular contracture that I'm dealing with, which is why the Singulair was prescribed and why the right side feels a little thicker when I do my compressions. I'm not crazy about being medicated at all, especially for an off-label use, but I'll do as prescribed. I'm supposed to be on the Singulair for three months.

I'm using the Marena band and it's not fun. I'm trying to keep it angled down over my right breast without further pushing down the left side, which is tough. I don't want the left side to drop anymore than would be natural with the passing of time. I guess I'm getting used to it, but it made me feel so uncomfortable yesterday. I can imagine after weeks of this, my armpits are going to be raw.

I'm trying to remain optimistic and I'm glad to have a proactive course of action, but I admit I'm feeling a bit down about the whole thing... I was hoping to be one of the lucky ones and I feel like I did everything "right", but goes to show that complications happen regardless. And really, it's not a huge deal yet, so please excuse me if I sound dramatic, but I am a worst-case-scenario thinker and I'm really scared that if things don't resolve, I'll need a revision. The right side looks better than now than in that last photo I posted on the 5th of Nov., but it's still noticeably different.

On the plus side, my husband came with me to my appt yesterday and we had the best day together - lunch out, christmas and birthday shopping for the kids, coffee at my favorite cafe/inspiration store (Terrain at Styer's). It was great! He's so good to me. He really doesn't want me to go under the knife again anytime soon (admitted he had a hard time watching my recovery), so he's on me like a hawk to wear my band all the time already.

Anyway, that's the scoop for now. I'll let you know if there are any changes.
Just checking in. How is that stubborn boobie now?
I sure hope the singulair will work. Fingers crossed! Your hubby sounds like a sweetheart :-) I don't know if it means anything but I really do think u look great. Like a model in that sexy purple mighty..Love that! How is the band coming along?
Good luck! Speed bump but looks like u r a strong one. In a couple months you will be able to decide next steps with your ps. Like you said just getting in with our lives and checking in time to time will make it easier mentally. My best wishes with you!

Where I Stand at Six Weeks with Photos

Hi, girls. Sorry I haven't been on much lately. I've really appreciated your notes to see how things are going and to offer your encouragement. I've just bopped in here or there to keep up with your news, but the past week has been crazy. Another field trip with my boy, zip-lining for a friend's birthday (what a blast!!), and on Wednesday, I photographed another friend's home birth for her down in DC. Incredible week!! Now I'm heavily into planning my son's 6th birthday and for family to be in town for Thanksgiving. Life goes beyond boobies! That said, with the exception of knowing how each of you are doing and progressing yourselves, it was nice to have a break from obsessing over boobs. This past week in particular forced me out of my day-to-day and made me realize how much I had been thinking about my own issues and in the big picture... they're boobs!

I think I'm doing well. I see progress on the right, but then I'll photograph my chest and the improvement isn't nearly what I see in front of me. I guess the camera doesn't lie, does it?! I'm wearing the band as often as possible, which is about 20 hours a day. I need a break from it once in a while. Last night, I felt so out of whack through my back and shoulders that I couldn't bear to wear it through the night, so I didn't. I'm wearing it down over the right side, but trying to angle it up over the left, as I don't want that side to be pushed down. I've attached a pic for you to see how it looks.

After waiting several days for approval, my insurance company decided they would NOT cover the Singulair, so I bit the bullet and purchased the generic outright. I thought the point of a generic was to save costs, but the Singulair was $160/mo and the generic was $144... WTF. Anyway, I'm only on day two with that. I'm also supplementing with extra vitamin E as that helps with softening the collagen fibers that create the capsule around the breast. If I do have a conctracture, I'm doing everything in my power to resolve it. Keeping up with my compressions, too.

In other news, I've been asked on here what my BWD was and I just heard back from my PS on that today - I'm a 12. I have no idea what that means, but use it as you may! :-)

Overall, my breasts are definitely softening and feeling great with the exception of some new nerve zingers on the left side that I feel correspond to the use of this band. I didn't have them before the band and they seem to kick in right away if I put the band on after not using it for a bit. I've also had some dull aches on the bottom part of my right breast, but that may just be my skin and tissues stretching out from using the band, as well.

I'm remaining hopeful that the medication, band, Vitamin E and massages will correct my unevenness issue, but if they don't (and if CC is not an issue), I will just live with the difference. As they are now, I don't feel they'd warrant a revision (and it isn't even something my PS and I discussed, I'm just saying it here for the sake of sharing).

On a lighter note, I ordered some cute bralettes on Amazon for a great price and I love them! I bought the mint and grey two pack for $9.79. Here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DGGG7X4/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1. They run VERY small, in my opinion. I can still fit into some of my 34B bras just fine and I ordered the M/L in these. I wouldn't recommend then for support or for large breasts. They have so many color combos... I might have to order another set! :-)

So, overall, I'm doing well. Thanks for your awesome cheerleading! Holding out hope for perfect boobies, but I know from following so many of you here that issue-less and perfect tatas can be harder to attain than we think sometimes. I still would do it all over again, though!
GIRL! Such progress! I agree that the zingers and lower breast pain are from your breasts dropping into place. By looking at your photos, it just seems to me that your breasts are still dropping and settling..it doesn't seem like other photos I've seen of capsular contracture! And you are right..life goes beyond boobies..can you imagine if we took daily photos of our BEFORE breasts? How depressing would that be?! It's true that we should all just take a step back and look at the progress that we've made! You look amazing and it's time to sit back, take a deep breath and appreciate those babies! We should all be celebrating at this point!!! xo
Yes! In that case, I'll embrace the zingers!! I definitely feel (and hope) there's more d&f'ing to come. In my heart, I don't feel it's cc, but given my action plan from the PS, it sounds like he felt it "could" be an early case, so I'm treating it as such. I've seen that some surgeons place their patients on Singulair or Accolade (nearly the same drug, with varying side effects) automatically as a post-op preventative, so I'm still okay with that route. Deep breathes today and celebrating how far I've come. Thank you for that reminder - and you do it, too!! ;-) xoxo
You look really amazing, such great tips too! Thanks for sharing your story :)

Arms up!

Yesterday I posted the absolute BEST photo I've taken to show the improvement on the right side since starting "Operation Drop Righty", which was after wearing the band all day and taking a nice, hot shower. It usually does sit a bit higher if the band has been off, but it was good to show you as good as I've seen it get so far -which is pretty darn good! I still have a ways to go, as you can see here when I raise my arms. I think this shows the difference "at its worst" at the moment. Thanks for all your kind words. I'm optimistic!
I LOVE your results :-) where did you get that one-piece swimsuit from? you look really fantastic!
We got the same size and glad to see how you have been healing. I too have had problems with one side...my left. Nipple is just not cooperating and pointing to the right inside of straight ahead and this side is firmer and higher....I am two months post now and just trying to relax. I still have not wore a wire bra, scared to do this. Wearing bralet's and still spandex type. I am going to see where I can find the scar strips in Canada...I have silicone gel, but have not been using. My doctor said he finds it does not make a difference, but your scars look way ahead of my healing...You look great! Keep up with being patient and kind to yourself :)
You look great in all your bralettes. I can't wait to wear mine. :) Glad to see improvement.

Back from the gym and blissed out!

I'm just back from my first time working out after my BA and it was fabulous!! I went to my Les Mills BodyCombat group class at the Y. It's such an adrenaline rush! I'm usually up front by the mirrors, but this time I hung out toward the back of the class, just in case I'd need to exit for any reason. I was so nervous before the class. I told myself I'd start slowly, but I found my old groove and was loving it and ended up going all out.

What was great about it: moving, punching, kicking, SWEATING. It just felt awesome!

What wasn't so great: upper cuts (just felt a little weird when my boobs shifted up with the punch, so I didn't do those as strongly as I usually do), hanging down for stretches (I do not like when the boobs move up in the pocket), and push ups. I knew push ups would not happen, but I tried anyway to see what they'd feel like. I could only get about 4-6 inches into them. I do hope I'll be able to do them again one day, but this is not that day.

I have a friend who is really wanting me to join her for yoga soon, but I don't feel ready for yoga. I tried a few sun salutations at home and chaturanga was nearly impossible because of the tightness through my pecs. Also, down dog allows the breasts to fall up in the pocket toward my chin and it's just a really yuck feeling. I think I will wait a few more weeks yet.

My PS cleared me to exercise w/o restriction at three weeks, but not only did I not feel ready at all, I developed a Mondors Cord, and then all my stuff began with the right side not dropping. I double checked with my PS on Friday to be sure that exercise wouldn't hold me back with settling and he said I could definitely get back in the gym. I'm currently just over 6 weeks post-op.
Love love love your boobies ;)
Great to hear the band helped. I got mine today. Btw I'm a Y member too. Love the body combat class :-). I can totally relate to what you say about the class!
Yes! Don't you just love it?! Sorry to hear you've got to deal with the band now, too... Blah. I'm so ready to throw it out the window! BUT, it is hopefully doing its job and making our girls beautiful. :-)

Because Mint and Hot Pink

7 weeks!
OMG you look like you could model for Victoria Secret!! Love love! And oh,, i am looking forward to going back to gym too. . I plan to wait another week before I go.
Omg I'm so jealous of your bod! You look amazing! & the girls fit your body so nicely! Are you still takin Singulair and using the Marena band?
Thanks, sweetie! I was a work out junkie all summer long. I ended up in the best shape I'd ever been in. Now I'm getting a little softer... :-) I'm still doing Singulair and the band, yes. The band really irritates me, so I'm not using it as much as I should. I actually had my son's bday party today and haven't worn it all day. All that hugging of friends, etc... it would have been weird!

I was so close! And then lefty migrated south...

I've just been chucking along here - taking my Singulair, wearing my band, massaging the life out of my boobs and I was just about to share new pics a couple of days ago because they were SO CLOSE to being perfectly lined up... and then lefty settled more and we're back to being uneven. The good news is lefty settled more, though, right?! She's looking great! It was so weird. I woke up Sunday morning and I could tell almost immediately that my left side felt different all of a sudden. It was softer and lower slung. My right is just on a different schedule. I hope that my boobs will be in line with each other some day!
Great to hear good news!!!
Obsessed with your mint bralette. So classy and simple. You have a rockin bod, woman!
How is your symmetry issue working out? That's great that your PS was so proactive! You look absolutely amazing; you've got one lucky hubby :)

Two month update and shoulder popping issue.

Hello, lovelies. I've been an absent RealSelf friend. I've stayed up to date on your stories, but between kids and life, I haven't had much time to respond or update. Then all of sudden, I see 150 new RS emails in my inbox and I must catch up! I just want to say to each of the girls that are struggling with issues, that I'm thinking of you and hoping for the best. If anyone is considering a BA, this group really shows all of the things that can happen (painful mondors cords, bottoming out, riding high, contracture, bumps, slants, healing issues, etc.) and the strength we have in handling them with the support of this community is amazing. You're all pretty fabulous.

I'm so grateful for those who've checked in on my progress. Fingers crossed, but I think they're looking good. It really drives me crazy how nice they look when I see them in the mirror and then I take photos and I still see obvious unevenness, but it's getting better. I'll get you some pics later. I'm still taking the Singulair, but haven't used the strap in a few days. It's been making my back sore and then I get headaches. I really should at least use it at night and will start again once it's out of the laundry!

I got through my family Thanksgiving last week with no one noticing (that I know of anyway!) I didn't wear really snug shirts, like my thermals that are very form fitting and show them off, but I did wear normal sweaters and t-shirts. I saw my sis steal one quick glance when I was stretching, but she didn't say anything and maybe she just thought I was wearing a good bra.

At two months, I'm feeling great, but little things have started to get to me. Don't get me wrong, they are beautiful and I feel very confident, but I still can't do a decent push up or chaturanga for yoga and it's starting to worry me. My workouts where very important to me before this and I'm signing up for TRX again after the New Year. I also can't lay face down on my massage table (we have one at home) and I just learned this afternoon that my husband scheduled me a massage at a local salon before Christmas. I will ask for a pillow if I need to because I am not going to cancel that appointment! They don't bounce or jiggle and I feel they look like rocks on my chest (not the nice sloping breasts of my wish pics). I really hope time will help with that. So... feeling a bit ambivalent today. I know it's a phase and it'll pass.

The other thing I want to talk about is my shoulder. I haven't mentioned it here before, mainly because I kept thinking it would resolve, but it hasn't. Ever since my surgery, my right shoulder has been popping at the top of the joint whenever I use that arm in a scrubbing (like cleaning the table or tub) or back and forth motion (like sweeping into a dust pan or using the vacuum wand). It doesn't hurt, but it is bothersome. It 100% started after my surgery and not before. Is it something I should bring up to my PS? (Not that he can really do anything about it...) I've read online that sometimes our arms are placed in awkward positions when we're on the table and I'm sure that's what happened. I'm considering a chiropractor, but will start with a chair massage next week, focusing just on the shoulder and neck on that side.

That's where I stand at two months! I actually feel like it's been much longer, which is weird! Other that these minor issues here, I'm very happy with them. (And for those who stay in touch with me about my feelings re: the size - yes, I still feel they're a little big!) Photos later!
Something else to consider about the shoulder - it's very possible that you're carrying your upper body differently now (to counterbalance the newly added weight of the boobs) and the mechanics of how your shoulder moves have changed slightly. Doesn't take much to throw a joint a little off-kilter sometimes.
Definitely! That's a consideration, too. Thank you!
I'd recommend a good chiropractor for the shoulder issue!! They should be able to get it back in place! Good to see an update from ya. xo

~Two month pics!~

Great progress! Big difference within a month, they look natural and you have a beautiful set
Thank you, Lucky!
Hey there! I think the size you chose looks great in proportion to your shoulders and waist! And looking back and forth between the one month post-op pictures you posted and the two month post-op pictures...there is a definite difference. Yay! I hope this progress means that by three months we will see even moreĀ eveness.

Yoga!! 11 Weeks Post-Op

First I was too sore. Then Mondor's Cords. Then soccer on Wednesday nights with my son. Finally, tonight was my first yoga class!! I felt ready and willing and able. I am so happy to report that there wasn't a single vinyasa or asana I couldn't do (that's movement or pose for non-yogis). I was even able to lay stomach-down to do the move where you clasp both hands behind your back and raise them and lift your chest up. It felt soooo good. The only pose I didn't go fully into was chaturanga, but I was still able to partially do it. This class is one I've been attending for about five years and it can be quite advanced at times, but thankfully (for after having 2-1/2 months off), we did a yin yoga session, which means it was slower paced and we held the poses for many breathes. It was EXACTLY what I needed. Oh, and we started class with the BEST chest opener. If you feel you've been hunching your shoulders over your new breasts or because of the cold weather (for those in the North), this is a great pose. Stand a yoga block on the short side (or anything about 6 inches high that you can rest your back on) and place it between your shoulders while laying down. Then take another yoga block standing on the tall side or something about 9 inches tall for underneath your head and lay on your back. Splay your arms out to the side and just breathe. Ahhhhhh... I could not believe how good that felt.

I am so excited to get back to my full workout schedule again in January. For various reasons, I've only been able to do two BodyCombat classes since my BA at the start of October and I've just felt in a funk without my routine. I've definitely gained weight and my eating habits get poor when I'm not working out. I've signed up for my TRX classes again for Mondays, yoga on Wednesdays, and Combat on Sundays after the New Year. I'm so happy that I did this surgery in the fall so I could have the winter months to get back into my groove. Thinking of you all, lovelies. Xoxo
Wow, hon! You look great! I have not been back to yoga yet, but have done some TRX and crossfit. Everything is feeling great except pull-ups, and my doctor has recommended no push-ups, forever basically, so I always modify if that is in the workout. I know what you mean about not working out properly and the eating..I have not gained a lot of weight, but a lot of fat and flab. Can't wait to have some muscle definition again! I'm sure we will be good as new by bikini season. :)
Glad your getting into your groove again:) that pose sounds wonderful, I want to try it now. What is it called?
I'm not sure, but I found a video that shows it. Here you go! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U83OKYqDuWU She places the head lower in the video, but just do what feels best!

Progression Photos

I've really appreciated seeing other progression collages and have been meaning to do my own for a while. Here I show front view progression in two collages and also a side view.

I'm very happy with how far I've come. They're still uneven, but I'm exercising patience and it really is amazing to see the changes here. I'm loving how they're starting to settle and get the roundness at the bottom. I like how they're folding over the tiniest bit at the crease. Honestly, I feel like they've both dropped, but one is just a tad higher. I'm still taking the Singulair and will continue to do so at least until my last follow up appt in Mid-January. I'm hit or miss about wearing the band. Lately, I've been wearing it just to bed at night and maybe if I feel like it around the house during the day.

I noticed today while squishing my boobs together that my right side (the one that's higher) pushes much closer to the mid-line of my chest than the left and I'm kind of thinking it could be two things (or a combination of both): 1 - I sleep on my right side 90% of the time and that boob is squished toward the center more. 2 - the angle for which I have to wear the band so that it doesn't push down the left side pushes the right boob down and toward the center. It's not a big deal, but to prevent any more unevenness, I'm going to try to lay on the left side more often.

Just within the past week or so, I've really started to feel much more like they're mine. I even had a full day of shopping and kid activities that made me not even think about them once! That's wild considering I really didn't ever think a moment would go by without thinking boobs. It made me happy.

Okay, there's a novel calling my name. G'night, Ladies!
You are looking fabulous!!!!
Thanks so much, Boxer babe. xo
Your post pics just keep on looking better and better. The drop you have so far is really nice! I do hope mine drop like that. Mine still seem to be looking as though they mount everest. But great post pics! And a great review! :)

Doing well with a little bump.

Literally. I've found a lump in my right breast. I found it on the 21st of December and waited until after the busyness of the Holidays to have it checked out. I saw my midwife today (I still go to their practice for my annuals, etc.) and she confirmed it was about the size of a BB or piece of rice, oblong-ish in shape, hard and stationary, near the surface of the skin about 4cm above my right nipple. She wrote me a script for a baseline mammogram and ultrasound of the right breast at the local breast care center, but said I should call my PS and let him know (I had already emailed them and was waiting to hear back before today's appt). I was already scheduled to see my PS on the 17th for a 3 month check up, but my nerves couldn't wait that long.

I called my PS's office to let them know I'd seen my dr. and was given follow up instructions. The office assistant suggested I go ahead and book the mammogram (as it could be weeks before they can fit me in and the sooner the better) and the PS will also examine me to give his thoughts, but she did say that lumps can happen after a BA and while it's great to follow up, it could be a normal side effect. That said, she kindly moved up my appt by 9 days for piece of mind, so I'm seeing my PS on Wed of next week.

Hoping it's just nothing, but you can't blow these things off.
Thinking about you LL. Hope it is nothing just like some of the other ladies have said. Ps your comparison pics are awesome. Changed so much and look amazing :D
Thank you, Littleleigh! You are looking so gorgeous!!! Loved your 2 month update, darling. You're doing fabulous!
Glad you're getting if checked out!!!

Lots of Updates: Three Month Check Up and Bra Shopping!!!

Today I had my three month check up with my PS and everything is looking great! My right side is looking MUCH better than when he last saw me. Here's the full update:

The lump: it's there. He said it feels like a cyst and I shouldn't worry, but definitely get it checked out. My appt at the breast center is this Friday for bilateral mammogram and ultrasound of the lump. Boy, do I hope I can put this behind me soon. My mind has been racing...

Unevenness: improving nicely, but right still needs to settle more. Continue Singulair for one more month and compressions for a YEAR. What the what?! A year? :-/

Scars: they're still pretty dark. Said to keep using silicone strips for another month. Easy peasy.

My shoulder issue (popping since surgery, but no pain): I told him about it and he was kind of like "eh, it should get better. Just watch it." Okay...

Bras: underwire is okay once in a while, but I still need the right to drop, so don't wear underwires for too long. Go braless, he said. Right on!!!

Chest exercise: because so many girls here say their PS says no chest workouts, I felt I had to ask my PS again about whether I could work the chest (knowing he already told me at my previous visit that I could.) He 100% stands behind doing any and all exercises, even directly to the chest muscles, provided there's no pain. He said there's no reason not to... it doesn't damage the implants. What do you think, girls? Chest or no chest?? I'm going to go for it, but with ease.

At the end of the appt I had my "after" photos taken and OMG, what a difference!!! I can't believe how much I forgot how teeny tiny by itty bitties used to be! I'm LOVING the shape of my breasts so much now that they've dropped and the size is pretty close to perfect for me (a tad big, but only when naked). I'm loving them so much and just want this dang lump thing behind me so I can FINALLY just enjoy my new girls without having to worry about one issue or another.

On the way home, I took the opportunity of having a little time with no kids and got sized at Macy's. My last sizing was at 6 weeks (I know... too early) at Nordstrom's and they said i was a 32D-DD. I'm SO HAPPY to report that I'm now a 32C!!! Woohooo!!! Perfect! I tried some really cute bras on and quickly learned how different the sizing is for each brand, though. With DKNY, I was a solid 32C, but in Calvin Klein, the 32 band was too tight, so I wear a 34B with them. A full B cup! OMG, I'm so happy. I'm really excited to go through all of my old bras (which are 34Bs that haven't fit properly since I had kids) and actually fill them out again! Oh man... Anyway, I also tried a really cute Maidenform bra in 34B and that one was too small. SO, moral of the story is, don't assume your size is an absolute. It's going to vary by brand, style, etc. I ended up buying a sleek and smooth (NOT PADDED) 34B Calvin Klein grey with white lace bra and undies set that I'm in love with. So. Much. Fun.

So, I'm just back from my second yoga class tonight, too, and it was great. Chatarunga is getting better and my boobs are not even noticeable to me at all until I have to lay face down, which doesn't hurt, but just feels weird (exactly like PinkLotus said, it's like laying on balloons and you notice the new space between your breast bone on the ground). It feels like they squish out the sides a whole lot!

This week was my first back to the gym 100% in my old routine: Combat, TRX, and Yoga and it feels sooooo good!!! TRX was tough, but it felt empowering to be able to do so much of what I used to do. I have to say that the muscle group that seems to have suffered the worst in my time away are the abs. Ab work was pretty tough and they're still sore today. Push ups are "meh" right now. I don't do a full push up yet by any means.

Oh, one last update - I had that massage my hubby booked and it was great! I was very careful to position my chest comfortably, but was ready to ask for a rolled towel to put under me, if need be, but I didn't need it. I'm so glad to be able to have massages still. I kind of thought I'd have to give them up after BA. Yay!!

So, now I wait two more days until my mammogram/U.S. and I'll let you all know what they say. Thank you for your encouragement, as always, dear ladies of RealSelf. I'm grateful for each of you and wish you all good things in 2014!!
you look amazing!!!!! I agree, that new bra is so sexy and classy! Great choice!! I'm hoping once everything has settled I wont end up in the D range, more into the C range. Praying for good results tomorrow!! ((hugs))
That is so sweet of your man to get you a massage- he is definitely doing things right. ;) And good for you for getting back into yoga! It feels good just to move around and use muscles again, doesn't it? I'm sorry you have to go through getting a mammogram and everything, but at least you are having it checked out and monitored. You look beautiful as always and have lovely results! You're a lucky lady! :) Thanks for the shout out, by the way. xo
They certainly went through a transformation! They look good and natural. Nice sets of tatas girlfriend!

Hello again, lovelies and Gooooodbye padding!

Tried on my old bras this morning. The ones I've had tucked away since having my first child in 2007. Is it weird I've saved them all this time?

They fit! Here they are! I'm so happy to be able to use them again. They are almost all Victorias Secret 34b.
I hope your mammogram goes well! I'm glad they are mostly feeling normal now though. Also, about working your chest mucles, my ps is fine with it too (with caution) but they look/move differently I guess when you flex so you may not want to do too much.
Love the black and red ones.....
love the new bra pics!!!

Not a cyst...

I had my mammogram and ultrasound of the lump this afternoon. It's not a cyst. It's a solid, round, smooth mass which will require a biopsy. I go for a consultation with the surgeon who'll do the biopsy on Tuesday. Once biopsied, they will tell me within a week whether it's benign or malignant. Trying not to freak out, but it's hard.

And thank you

For all the kind thoughts with this lump issue. I'll respond to each of you soon. Heading out now for a mommy/son dance. Hope to clear my head for a bit and have fun with my boy. :-)
Oh girl, please know I'll be sending all kinds of positive thoughts your way (though I'm positive this is absolutely nothing!).
LL! I'm just getting caught up reading your last few updates. First of all, I'm sorry about the lump. I will be praying that it is benign. If not, I'll be praying that they caught it super early and you'll only have to do the minimum with it. You look ah-maz-ing in the bras!!!
Thinking about you!

Consultation tomorrow

I've been up and down with worrying about the lump the past few days. I go from worst-case scenario thoughts and end up in a puddle of tears (especially when lying with the kids at night) to "it's just nothing". My husband strongly feels it's a fat necrosis from my surgery. It was his first guess after he googled around when I told him I had a lump... He just feels it's too coincidental that I've found a lump so soon after surgery. Here's some detail on fat necrosis from this website: http://breastcancer.about.com/od/whenitsnotcancer/tp/Breast-Fat-Necrosis.htm

What is Fat Necrosis of the Breast?
Fat necrosis is a benign condition that can occur in your breast. It consists of fatty tissue that has been bruised, injured, or has died. Fat necrosis can result after any type of breast surgery, from biopsy to reconstruction. Once fatty tissue has been injured or has died, it can gradually change into scar tissue or may collect as liquid within an oil cyst. Fat necrosis does not lead to the development of breast cancer, but it may sometimes cause breast pain.

I can only hope that's it! That would be wonderful, actually, despite the thousands all these images and ultrasounds and biopsies are going to cost us. We do have insurance, but a high deductable... there's no price on peace of mind, though! I just learned that my paternal grandmother was diagnosed with breast cancer at 35 years old and that's my age now. It adds a level of scariness, but thankfully she conquered it and is still doing well into her late 70's.

Tomorrow I have my pre-surgical consult and go from there with scheduling the biospy. I'm so grateful for all of your support. xoxo
Good luck tomorrow! Love your new bras.. Burn the old!! Xo
Oh... I just read your update..... :-( so sorry to hear about your lump, I like how your husband did some research and hoping that is what it is... You are such a positive inspiration to us all.... My thoughts and prayers are with you... Please keep us updated xoxo
Much love and positive thoughts to you!!!!

Biopsy in a week. Doing well.

Just wanted to bop in and say that the consult was really nothing... just a meeting with the breast surgeon who will do the biopsy to review family history and a quick exam. She actually calmed my nerves and said that only 20% of biopsies are cancerous and she didn't feel I was high risk, so I've been more relaxed since then. Although, I still can't relax 100% until I know, of course.

In the meantime, I'm just enjoying the fact that my boobs feel exactly like they're mine and I'm very happy with them. That's all. Good night!
Love your results! As the other members said, it looks like your patience and diligence really paid off. I hope all turned out well with your biopsy. Sending good vibes your way!
Just looked at your 3 month photos. Looks like the painful strap paid off. They are looking great and sooo even. Congrats! Good luck on your biopsy! Fingers crossed for you.
Any biopsy results?

Lump is benign!!

More tomorrow! Heading to bed. Just wanted to let you all know that the biopsy came back benign. Good grief, I'm so grateful! Much love!!!
YAYYYY :) XO- sweet dreams
WooooooHoooooo!!! :)
Wonderful! I am so happy and relieved for you!

You're all so awesome!!

Thanks for all the love this week, RealSelfers. It was a tough one. I thought I was going to go out of my head leading up the biopsy result appt. And the doctor had me sitting in the exam room for an eternity, it seemed! I was shaking like a leaf. Then she breezed in, told me I had a fibroadenoma, said it was benign, and that hopefully I'll never see her again. :-) Fibroadenoma is not related to implants and it doesn't mean I'm more likely to get cancer or anything. It's just a lump. It might grow and it might go away on its own, but now I'm permanently implanted with a titanium chip at the site of the biopsy so they know during future mammograms exactly where I was biopsied. I'm still pretty bruised up from the procedure. More so than with my implants! And I was a little scared that my implant could be poked during the biopsy, but she came in through the breast at an angle that went sideways rather than straight down.

FINALLY - After mondor's cords, then a capsular contracture worry (and that damn strap), then a breast lump, I can finally relax and enjoy my body! It's taken me four months to get here, and I agree with BettyJean, it just might be time to do some shopping! :-) I feel like with this lump issue and the cold weather here on the East Coast (and the snow days!), that January may have been the longest month of my life. I'm welcoming February today with open arms and gratitude!

Love, love, love to all of you. I greatly appreciate your concerns and thoughts and prayers. Have a wonderful weekend!
Hope you are doing well..... Did you do your shopping? lol. I know I always feel better shopping and treating myself.
I hope Feb and March have treated you well despite the cold weather!!!! All the best.
Glad to hear that everything is turning out ok!!! Xxxxx

Six Months!

My goodness, time flies when you're not freaking out about one thing or the other. Things here at just a few days shy of six months are great. My family is great. Spring is coming. We're happy and healthy. What more can you ask for?!

Now that I've been living in my breasts for quite some time without issue or health scare, I'm very happy to say that I love them 100%. They are a wonderful size, they're as soft as they're ever going to be (for BA boobs), and they don't hinder me from doing anything in my normal life (sleep, gym, or running, etc.) with the exception of not being able to do tons of push ups. Their shape is finally nearing what I'd hoped for in my wish pics - fuller at the bottom, nicely sloped. I feel great about them!

That said, I still have a noticeable difference in how they settled with the left being lower than the right. I'm still doing the compressions on the right side when I think of it, which is usually a couple times a day, but some days not at all. I feel like the right side does make small progress, but that the left side just continues to naturally drop more and more and that the right can't ever catch up. I do worry about the left side dropping too much now, especially since I've had aches in the bottom of that breast for several weeks, which makes me feel like it's stretching the skin even more. Since I'm a stomach sleeper, I've started to wear a bra at bedtime more often than not to help prevent too much more movement downward on the left side. The difference, while annoying to me, is not something I'd have fixed and many have said it adds to the natural look of the breasts. Here's an interesting thing: I can move my right implant with the flex of my right pec muscle easily, but I can't do the same on the left at all. I wonder... could my implant placement be slightly different on each side with regard to the muscle and perhaps with me being right handed and stronger on the right side, maybe that muscle is somehow holding up that implant a bit more?? Just a crazy thought. Who am I to say for sure? Like I said above, I am happy with them!

I've posted some photos here of the latest purchase - an aerie bralette in blue that I just love. It's a medium. I had also ordered some very cute underwire bras from aerie, but they didn't fit well at all. I think with an underwire bra, I'll just have to try them on for size in person. Online shopping will no longer work for my BA'ed boobs since the fits can be so different.

That's about all for now. I'll continue to update on the milestone dates and I enjoy following your stories still, too, so please keep posting, ladies! :-)

Six Month Photos

Not having luck with posting photos.

Will try again tomorrow. Good Night!
6 months, wow! What size did you end up being?
Hi Tina!! I did! Just a little bit. I was going to show the new bralette here, but I can't get the photo uploader to behave tonight. More soon! xoxo
Fabulously, Gilded Butterfly! Thank you! And I hope the same for you. Big hugs!!

Six Month Photos

Was finally able to upload from my phone!
They look amazing and natural, congrats.
Wow you look incredible! Love all the pretty bras!
I read your profile three four months ago before embarking on the journey and started my series of consultations. My preop is this Friday and I am super scared and nervous I had to reread your profile again to reassure myself. How are you doing now? Are you still happy with your BA.

One Year Update with Pics!

Hello, hello, dear ladies of RealSelf. I seriously can not believe a whole year has come and gone since my surgery (and six months since I last updated!). As they say, no news is good news, and all has been great. I've been traveling quite a bit and just being a mom to my littles. Busy, busy. I apologize that I don't come around here often anymore, but I'm forever grateful for your continued support.

At one year, I feel happy and confident with my decision to have a breast augmentation. My chest feels completely my own and I'm now 100% happy with the size. They no longer feel too big at all. They are quite perfect for me. I've had no further issues and they haven't hindered me in any way. In fact, I've just taken up running again (for the first time since college - almost 15 years!) as I've been starting to slowly train for the Spartan Race I plan to do in 2015 and I haven't felt a single twinge, weirdness, or heaviness with the running. I continue to do yoga, TRX, and BodyCombat weekly with zero issues.

My breasts are quite soft and pliable. I don't feel they look augmented at all and have had both friends who know of the procedure say they look completely natural. Success! That's exactly what I wanted. I haven't told anyone in my family and if they've noticed, they haven't said anything. I've even worn swimsuits and tank tops (my standard attire) around them and felt okay about it. I have the little bit of side boob I wanted and the shape is lovely. I can dress them up with cleavage or go braless with ease. If I were to go back and change anything at all, it would be to go moderate rather than mod +. Sometimes I notice a tad more fullness at the top than I wished for, but it's not worth complaining about.

I'm certain that the right breast will not drop to the same exact position as the left and I gave up on my compression exercises quite a long time ago since I wasn't seeing any change on that side. I may have said before that I feel that side (bottom right breast closest to the breast bone) was perhaps not dissected "quite" as far as the left side. There's a clear difference, but I'm not bothered by it, I just notice it from time to time, especially when I raise my arms and when I take front-on photos, which seems to really magnify it. Sisters, not twins, right?

I've not yet made my one year check up with my surgeon, but plan to very soon. I'll pop back in and let you all know what he says once I do. I'm off to catch up on some of your stories now! All my best!
I have pretty much read all of your posts and seen all of your pictures! They look amazing! You have been through so much and I'm glad u have made it out to te other side. Thank u for sharing your story. It's so helpful!
Thank YOU, Jurnee2015!! I'm so grateful everything is okay now. I have an appt for my one year check up in a week and I'll report back! All my best to you!!
Yours look so great-jealous of how natural they look! I love that black & white bra-brand? Does it have underwire? Thanks for the update-my 1 year is next month!