Body Lift and BBL with Gabay and Gottlieb -Philadelphia, PA

I am 36 yo 5' 2 and 136lbs and need to be bikini...

I am 36 yo 5' 2 and 136lbs and need to be bikini ready by the summer. I have considered plastic surgery ever since I started my weight loss journey two years ago Aug 31 2011. I have lost 122lbs with the aide of gastric bypass and have maintained my weight loss for the last year.

I went on real self, talked to other people who have had TT and went doctor shopping. I went on 3 consults. one in delaware, one in MD and one in Philadelphia. I decided to go with Gottlieb because he comes across as confident and pleasant and the price was right. Money isnt everything. I considered a Physician in MD who absolutley took my breath away but I cant afford him because of the associated hospital fees.

Gottlieb did not promise me the world....but he was confident enough that I could have a small waist outer thigh lift vaginal lift and lipo for my BBL. I was told by each physician to consider gaining weight for a better BBL result, but since I have had gastric it doesnt work. My preop is on April 26th very excited. will post my before pics later.

15 days post op

I got my drains removed on monday may 20 th which made me 14 days out. My binder that was given on day of surgery gave no more back or tummy support it seemed to be stretched beyond its capacity from the swelling. I started wearing my ardyss waist cincher and ardyss butt lift garment. Gottlieb agreed that it was a good choice. I also started to get necrosis in my belly button one week postop. He told me to let it get air use antibac soap and use dry guaze. I have started using bactroban for the last two days. I'm so critical unsure if there is improvement. I can say that swelling has gone down a lot and I am much happier with my results! I was shocked that the drains wrapped all the way around my body! It was not as painful as I imagined the removal to be.
I still have pain and nausea and muscle tightness. I am 7lbs down since surgery. They still have not told me how much skin or fat was removed or transferred. I will post earlier pics of belly button then again in five days. I hope I don't lose my belly button. I go back on wednesday for another follow up. I like my ps he is very attentive and patient.

day 14 photo

Finally posting new pics new belly button and neuroma

I am 9 1/2 weeks post op. My belly button has been normal for two weeks now. Dr. Gottlieb injected kenalog into my belly button scar which has lightened scar and flattened scar....its on its way to recovery!
I still wear my gel silicone wrap for scar therapy its like a miracle wrap....very itchy!
I have pain in my left groin under tummy tuck scar that started one month after surgery. It stops me in my tracks when I sneeze laugh or cough. I have trouble sleeping on my left side or when I try to sit up. Tylenol helps heat works the best. My PS states that it will go away with time but after reading other posts... idk!

before pics

These are a couple of before pics from my chart.

my belly button

I am so happy that my belly button revovered. I am going to make an appt. In dec for kenalog shots for my scar around my waste. Hopefully it will lighten like my belly button.

before pics

I tried to download before don't know what happen.
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

real self

I'm going to gabay next and I was wondering to u have any updated pics! I'm getting a TT and bbl
What doctor did you see in Maryland?
@slender1 dr. Markman. But I was very happy with Neil Gottlieb Excellent bedside both of them. Hindsight maryland is too far for the pain and suffering of a body lift!
You look great! I went to a consult with him earlier this year and wasnt prepared to get the TT and BBL like I planned. However, I'm getting ready in Feb. 2014. For your BBL, it is alot bigger than you were? That's one of my main concerns as I want to be able to tell I got a BBL.
@curvyjg I can tell from the before pictures that bbl is evident. After relaxation its not as round on the bottom as I would like but it definitely has shape. I didn't have much body fat to transfer so u gotta work with what u have. I didn't want an overly pronounced bottom. I took into consideration how clothes will fit...age and over time your body changes.I did not want a niki minaj booty.
You look FANTASTIC!!! I have also been through the journey....I know you must be LOVING your results! Enjoy your awesome flat belly!
wow! Would love to see your befores! that is some completely awesome results - your shape is wonderful!
Are you havin anymore swelling
I do a lil its more pronounced after eating. Some days are flatter than others. I have a lil fluid in the lower part of my stomach. I take a water pill sometimes. Where are your pics!
You look wonderful well done. Ive had an abdoinoplasty in April this year after loosinG 50kg. My Dr is very conservitave and wouldn't do the body lift at the same time. I'm very happy with the result. I'm booked in on the 20 th August this year for the body lift and I'm very apprehensive about it. I was wondering how you managed because my Dr said the worst part would be sitting during the first 2 weeks and were you able to lie on your back. Hope you don't mind me asking you all these questions, thanks ElAnne
No I don't mind at all! It was brutal! I was not able to lie on my back because I had a bbl. I layed on my sides with a pu llow on both sides and one in the arch of my back. I rotated every two hours. If your not staying in the hospital you will need help with using the bathroom and sitting up and laying down and any manuevers the first 3 days. I wish I had my inner thighs done when my PS offered but I was unsure. You should do that also while you have the down time. I also have a vaginal lift that's why my pic is not blurred out. Now if he does the body lift after your tummy tuck do you have anything to lipo to put in your butt? Does he do the reverse flap where they put the back flap in your butt. You need to ask because with a body lift you get pulled so tight you will have no butt at all! You need a lil cushion and for shaping under your clothes.
Wow you look awesome! Congrats! And thanks for sharing!
Congratulations! You look fantastic :)
thank you!. I need to post newer pics

Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for sharing your journey with us!

Congratulations on your weight loss, that's a great achievement and you've obviously worked very hard to get to this point!

So is Dr. Gottlieb doing your Body Lift and BBL all at the same time?

Yes. Body lift and bbl I will go back in 6 months for my breasts

Awesome, it won't be long now! Please do keep us updated on your progress!